PDA

View Full Version : 2021 AGS Survival Pool, Week 1

Chalupa Batman
August 29th, 2021, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the inaugural AGS Survivor Pool (not to be confused the with the AGS Survival Game being managed by Preferred Walk On). 7 people have showed interest thus far and am hoping that more people will jump in, the more the merrier!

Quick rundown of the rules:

Only FCS vs. FCS games will be eligible to make picks from. I will start a new thread every Sunday with a list of games to pick from, along with the results from the previous week and who each player has picked to that point. If you notice a game that shouldn’t be included, or I omitted one that should be included, let me know.
Hoping that there will be plenty of participants, this contest will run into the playoffs, so keep that in mind when making your picks. If you pick a team to win during the regular season you will not be able to pick that team in the playoffs.
All picks must be made in the weekly thread, do not message them to me.
Once you make a pick, it can be changed as long as that game hasn’t started. All changes must also be posted in the weekly thread. Any pick must be made before that game starts, so the only hard deadline to make your pick is the last game of each week.
Participants will pick 1 game per week. If you pick correctly you carry on to the next week. If you pick incorrectly or forget to make a pick you are eliminated.
The one twist is that for each game you are picking both the winner AND the loser, and once you pick a team you cannot pick that team again for the rest of the season. For example, if I pick NDSU to beat Western Illinois, I cannot pick NDSU to win for the rest of the season. I also cannot pick another team to beat Western Illinois for the rest of the season. I could however pick NDSU to lose a game or Western Illinois to win a game later in the season.
The pool will run until only 1 player remains. If multiple players remain until the championship game, a score prediction will be included for a tie-breaker.

Any questions or thoughts, you can ask here or feel free to PM me.

Chalupa Batman
August 29th, 2021, 01:04 PM
This weeks games:

Thursday, September 2
New Hampshire @ Stony Brook
Delaware @ Maine
Incarnate Word @ Youngstown State
Tennessee Tech @ Samford
Southern Illinois @ Southeast Missouri State
Austin Peay @ Chattanooga
Mississippi Valley State @ Murray State
Sam Houston @ Northern Arizona

Saturday, September 4
Robert Morris @ Dayton
Villanova @ Lehigh
Marist @ Georgetown
Davidson @ VMI
North Carolina A&T @ Furman
Wofford @ Elon
Howard @ Richmond
North Dakota @ Idaho State
Albany @ North Dakota State
Cal Poly @ San Diego
Towson @ Morgan State
Eastern Kentucky @ Western Carolina
Morehead State @ James Madison
Bryant @ Rhode Island
Bucknell @ Sacred Heart
Tarleton @ Stephen F. Austin
North Alabama @ Southeastern Louisiana
South Carolina State @ Alabama A&M
Butler @ Illinois State
Prairie View A&M @ Texas Southern
Sacramento State @ Dixie State

Sunday, September 5
Jackson State vs. Florida A&M
Grambling vs. Tennessee State

POD Knows
August 29th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Youngstown State, you ****ers better win, I am going bold in round one.

KPSUL
August 29th, 2021, 03:38 PM
So, you pick the winner of only one game a week?

Katfan
August 29th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Richmond

NY Crusader 2010
August 29th, 2021, 05:04 PM
Illinois State

MikeyLoBets
August 29th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Murray State

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2021, 05:33 PM
Murray State

bonarae
August 29th, 2021, 06:10 PM
NDSU

Daytripper
August 29th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Murray State

Preferred Walk-On
August 29th, 2021, 06:16 PM
Rhode Island over Bryant

KPSUL
August 29th, 2021, 06:33 PM
Rhode Island over Bryant

My thought exactly!

URI

caribbeanhen
August 29th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Murray State

I’ll take Murray state as well

Daytripper
August 29th, 2021, 07:14 PM
Youngstown State, you ****ers better win, I am going bold in round one.

That is not just a bold pick....it's kinda dumb. UIW is good. xeyebrowxxdrunkyx

Chalupa Batman
August 29th, 2021, 07:19 PM
So, you pick the winner of only one game a week?

Yes. You are also picking one loser each week, to prevent from picking against the same 2 or 3 bottom feeders every week.

Forgot to post my own pick, which is Rhode Island

Puddin Tane
August 29th, 2021, 08:00 PM
Sacremento St

caribbeanhen
August 29th, 2021, 08:04 PM

was thinking the same, Ward will light YSU up

The YSU RB might go for 200 yards as well

Interesting game

hoidOfYolen
August 29th, 2021, 08:17 PM
Villanova - Lehigh

(meaning Nova wins and Lehigh loses)

ysubigred
August 29th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Youngstown State, you ****ers better win, I am going bold in round one.[emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Libertine
August 29th, 2021, 10:07 PM
NDSU over Albany

MTfan4life
August 29th, 2021, 10:25 PM
Illinois State over Butler

McNeese75
August 29th, 2021, 10:34 PM
I'll take Sac State over Dixie State

POD Knows
August 30th, 2021, 06:10 AM
Strategery. 😁

MR. CHICKEN
August 30th, 2021, 07:34 AM
RICHMOND.........OVER........HOWARD..........BRAWK !!

ysubigred
August 30th, 2021, 07:37 AM
Strategery. 

BS! You'd used #Bookit...

OhioHen
August 30th, 2021, 08:32 AM
Sacred Heart takes out Bucknell

SonuvaHenx2
August 31st, 2021, 06:22 AM
Southeastern Louisiana beats North Alabama

SFA 93
August 31st, 2021, 06:44 AM
Alabama A&M

Cocky
August 31st, 2021, 07:25 AM
Prairie View A&M

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2021, 08:32 AM

But only if the game is played

MR. CHICKEN
August 31st, 2021, 08:54 AM

.....CARIB IS CORRECT.......MIGHT WANNA CONSIDER ALTERNATE CHOICE......ASSUMIN' DEY DON'T PLAY......YER OUTTA GAME.......IN WEEK #1.........AWQ!

bobcathpdevil56
August 31st, 2021, 10:22 AM
Rhode Island

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 31st, 2021, 11:05 AM
Rhody over Bryant

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2021, 11:31 AM

.....CARIB IS CORRECT.......MIGHT WANNA CONSIDER ALTERNATE CHOICE......ASSUMIN' DEY DON'T PLAY......YER OUTTA GAME.......IN WEEK #1.........AWQ!

game moved to Florence, Al as per LK2

knit35
August 31st, 2021, 12:02 PM
Richmond

MR. CHICKEN
August 31st, 2021, 12:07 PM
Richmond

....ATTA BOY KNIT.......GOIN' WHIFF GUARANTEED DUBBYA...........AH'M ALREADY NOTICIN'.........COUPLE FRIENDS.....WON'T BE.....WHIFF US NEXT WEEK......xwavex.....BRAWK!

CappinHard
August 31st, 2021, 01:16 PM
Murray State

TheValleyRaider
August 31st, 2021, 03:21 PM

Chalupa Batman
September 1st, 2021, 12:53 AM

But only if the game is played

I was thinking about what should be done if any cancellations and postponements happen due to COVID, and other scenarios like this if the game had to be cancelled.

If you pick a game that is postponed or cancelled for any reason, it is no longer eligible to be picked and you will have to make another selection. Here’s what I’m thinking on what will happen:

1. If the official announcement is made at least 1 day prior to the game that is enough time for you to be able to make another selection for that week, failure to change you pick will result in being eliminated. I will bump the weekly thread when there are cancellations that affect any picks, and try to PM anyone who’s picks will need to be changed.

2. If the official announcement is made the day of the game (like NDSU-USD this spring) you should change your pick if you can, but you will not be eliminated if you do not. I can understand that such short notice and what you have going on in your life that day can prevent you from catching the announcement and changing your pick. In this case though, the following week you will be required to correctly pick 2 games to stay in the pool.

If anyone has any other thoughts or opinions on how such a situation should be handled I’m open to hear them.

Also, the people that have mentioned both teams in their picks have been a huge convenience for me as I don’t have to look up who a team is playing when only the winner is posted. Going forward I would ask if everyone can please start doing that. Thank you.

MR. CHICKEN
September 1st, 2021, 07:23 AM
I was thinking about what should be done if any cancellations and postponements happen due to COVID, and other scenarios like this if the game had to be cancelled.

If you pick a game that is postponed or cancelled for any reason, it is no longer eligible to be picked and you will have to make another selection. Here’s what I’m thinking on what will happen:

1. If the official announcement is made at least 1 day prior to the game that is enough time for you to be able to make another selection for that week, failure to change you pick will result in being eliminated. I will bump the weekly thread when there are cancellations that affect any picks, and try to PM anyone who’s picks will need to be changed.

2. If the official announcement is made the day of the game (like NDSU-USD this spring) you should change your pick if you can, but you will not be eliminated if you do not. I can understand that such short notice and what you have going on in your life that day can prevent you from catching the announcement and changing your pick. In this case though, the following week you will be required to correctly pick 2 games to stay in the pool.

If anyone has any other thoughts or opinions on how such a situation should be handled I’m open to hear them.

Also, the people that have mentioned both teams in their picks have been a huge convenience for me as I don’t have to look up who a team is playing when only the winner is posted. Going forward I would ask if everyone can please start doing that. Thank you.

.......AH LIKE IT...AH LIKE IT........xnodx....BRAWK!

Pitz
September 1st, 2021, 09:55 AM
Towson

The Yo Show
September 1st, 2021, 10:02 AM
Incarnate Word @ Youngstown State

Winner pick in bold

POD Knows
September 1st, 2021, 10:10 AM
Youngstown State, you ****ers better win, I am going bold in round one.Well, decided I want to stay in this thing for more than one week, going with Rhode Island,

Hambone
September 1st, 2021, 10:18 AM
Illinois State

grizband
September 1st, 2021, 02:19 PM
Murray State

Catbooster
September 2nd, 2021, 11:48 AM

Anthony215
September 2nd, 2021, 11:57 AM
Sacred Heart

dewey
September 2nd, 2021, 12:38 PM
Illinois State defeats Butler

Dewey

crusader11
September 2nd, 2021, 12:44 PM
Villanova

Roamingriz
September 2nd, 2021, 01:17 PM
Murray State

melloware13
September 2nd, 2021, 01:18 PM
Villanova

MSUBobcat
September 2nd, 2021, 05:34 PM
Dayton

Chalupa Batman
September 3rd, 2021, 10:36 AM
Dayton

This game has been cancelled, you’ll have to make another selection.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2021/09/03/robert-morris-football-season-opener-at-dayton-canceled/

MSUBobcat
September 3rd, 2021, 06:13 PM
Richmond

Chalupa Batman
September 3rd, 2021, 06:15 PM
Bump

For anyone still interested it's not too late to enter. You can still pick any game that hasn't kicked off yet. See the 2nd post for the list of eligible games to choose from.*

*As I am unable to edit that post, the Marist @ Georgetown and Dayton @ Robert Morris Games have been cancelled

Daytripper
September 5th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Well, Murray State came through for me! #GoRacers