PDA

View Full Version : AGS Survival Game - Week 1 (Sep 4, 2021)

Preferred Walk-On
August 29th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the inaugural AGS Survival Game!

To those that indicated interest, thanks. It has been helpful in setting up the game. For those that decide they would like to play (and did not indicate that to me earlier), no worries and please feel free to submit picks...I will simply update my sheets as picks are submitted.

Below is the link to this week’s Google Form for making picks. Pay particular attention when you enter your AGS Member Name and email, as the name (spelled exactly as it is in AGS) is used for calculations and the email address is used to send you a copy of your responses (which are editable up to the deadline). I assure you that I will not use the email address you provide in the form for anything other than to have Google Forms automatically send you confirmation of your picks.

The deadline for each week will be at 5 PM on Thursday of that week for every week throughout the season.

The rules of the game are listed within the Google Form, if you wish to read them. After the weekly deadline, your picks will populate into a scoring sheet (don't want to leak your strategy to others before the deadline ;)). This will also update the list of available teams for every player in the scoring sheet. The scoring sheet will be in the form of a Google Sheet (link now available in my signature), and if you click on your AGS Member Name (or anybody’s, for that matter), it will link to the information sheet for that member. The scores and sheet for each member (player) will be updated after all games have been completed for that weekend.

Best of luck, thanks for playing, and enjoy the FCS football season. Hope to see you in Frisco.

MAKE SURVIVAL PICKS HERE
(https://forms.gle/kVgT5Wbu2B6D88mCA)
DEADLINE: THU, SEP 2 @ 5 PM ET

Preferred Walk-On
August 30th, 2021, 09:20 AM
Just wanted to bump this and let you know that I have received responses from the following:

JALMOND
Daytripper
KPSUL
MTfan4life
McNeese75

Also, just a friendly reminder that the deadline for submitting your 5 survival picks is Thu, Sep 2 @ 5 PM ET. All are welcome to play.

Preferred Walk-On
August 31st, 2021, 10:36 AM
Bump...

and have received responses from the following:

JALMOND
Daytripper
KPSUL
MTfan4life
McNeese75
JacksFan40 (Welcome!)
Preferred Walk-On
caribbeanhen
footballer23
Chalupa Batman

Also, if a game is canceled, you have until the deadline to edit your pick. After the deadline, this game will not count as a submitted pick. Therefore, if a game were canceled that a particular player picked from, then one would have four submissions, and to achieve >50% correct, they would still need to get 3 out of 4 correct (and so on and so forth).

Finally, deadline is two days away (Thu, Sep 2 @ 5 PM ET).

Preferred Walk-On
September 1st, 2021, 09:27 AM
We are up to 13 players for the AGS (Pick 5) Survival Game. I have received picks from the following:

JALMOND
Daytripper
KPSUL
MTfan4life
McNeese75
JacksFan40
Preferred Walk-On
caribbeanhen
footballer23
Chalupa Batman
OhioHen
Knit35
TheValleyRaider (Welcome!)

Note, the Marist @ Georgetown game has been canceled. I can see that two players picked the Georgetown game. This is a friendly reminder that you can go to the email that Google Forms sent you, click the "Edit response" button (before the weekly deadline), and you can change this pick to something else. After the deadline, this will simply be treated as a non-pick/submission as mentioned in the last post, and you will simply have to have >50% of your remaining picks correct.

I am doing it this way rather than up to game time for each game, as (1) this will take out the need to have to constantly monitor and edit scoring sheets and (2) not all players will scour the web up until game time to make last minute changes (fairness issue). We'll see how this goes and consider adaptation of this in future iterations of the game.

Deadline reminder: TOMORROW (Thu, Sep 2 @ 5 PM ET).

POD Knows
September 1st, 2021, 10:37 AM
We are up to 13 players for the AGS (Pick 5) Survival Game. I have received picks from the following:

JALMOND
Daytripper
KPSUL
MTfan4life
McNeese75
JacksFan40
Preferred Walk-On
caribbeanhen
footballer23
Chalupa Batman
OhioHen
Knit35
TheValleyRaider (Welcome!)

Note, the Marist @ Georgetown game has been canceled. I can see that two players picked the Georgetown game. This is a friendly reminder that you can go to the email that Google Forms sent you, click the "Edit response" button (before the weekly deadline), and you can change this pick to something else. After the deadline, this will simply be treated as a non-pick/submission as mentioned in the last post, and you will simply have to have >50% of your remaining picks correct.

I am doing it this way rather than up to game time for each game, as (1) this will take out the need to have to constantly monitor and edit scoring sheets and (2) not all players will scour the web up until game time to make last minute changes (fairness issue). We'll see how this goes and consider adaptation of this in future iterations of the game.

Deadline reminder: TOMORROW (Thu, Sep 2 @ 5 PM ET).
Just posted mine

Preferred Walk-On
September 1st, 2021, 11:38 AM
Just posted mine

Got 'em...along with

MR. CHICKEN (Welcome!)
Hambone (Welcome!)

grizband
September 1st, 2021, 02:20 PM
I just submitted my Week 1 picks.

Preferred Walk-On
September 1st, 2021, 02:54 PM
I just submitted my Week 1 picks.

Beautiful. They are accounted for. ;)

MTfan4life
September 1st, 2021, 02:54 PM
Note, the Marist @ Georgetown game has been canceled.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AccurateImpeccableBighornsheep-size_restricted.gif

Preferred Walk-On
September 1st, 2021, 02:58 PM
Just FYI, I received a Marist @ Georgetown game update from one player (works pretty slick, doesn't it :D), and there is still one player remaining that still has that game picked. Updating is easy and fun for everyone...

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2021, 03:02 PM
Just FYI, I received a Marist @ Georgetown game update from one player (works pretty slick, doesn't it :D), and there is still one player remaining that still has that game picked. Updating is easy and fun for everyone...

tell me the truth

Preferred Walk-On
September 2nd, 2021, 06:38 AM
I am going to bump this three times today, starting here. Reminder: The DEADLINE for submitting picks this week is TODAY (Thu, Sep 2) at 5 PM ET.

Current players I have received entry submissions from:

Daytripper
KPSUL
MTfan4life
McNeese75
JacksFan40
Preferred Walk-On
caribbeanhen
footballer23
Chalupa Batman
OhioHen
Knit35
TheValleyRaider
MR. CHICKEN
Hambone
POD Knows
grizband
Roamingriz
JALMOND

After 5 PM ET today, I will make it so that your picks show up in your (Google) scoring sheets (link in my signature). After this weekend's games, the picks in your scoring sheet will show up as correct/incorrect, a tally for that week will have been made, and an update of status for the week (active/eliminated) will be shown. Also, once the picks show up publicly this evening, you will also notice that the player's picks will be shown as used (red strikethrough) in the list of available teams for that player. Just FYI.

Preferred Walk-On
September 2nd, 2021, 11:07 AM
MAKE SURVIVAL PICKS HERE
DEADLINE: THU, SEP 2 @ 5 PM ET (or less than 5 hr from now)

I have 18 responses out of 26 who had indicated some interest, so this is just a friendly reminder that if you are still interested in submitting picks, you have a few hours left to do so.

Preferred Walk-On
September 2nd, 2021, 03:05 PM
This is the third and final bump for the day. If you have not done so, pick submission ends in a little less than an hour.

MAKE SURVIVAL PICKS HERE
DEADLINE: THU, SEP 2 @ 5 PM ET (or less than 1 hr from now)

Also, I did receive picks from everyone listed in previous posts along with:

melloware13 (Welcome!)
The Yo Show

HensRock
September 2nd, 2021, 03:23 PM
I'm In. Sounds fun!
Thanks for running it, P.W.O.

Preferred Walk-On
September 2nd, 2021, 04:15 PM
I'm In. Sounds fun!
Thanks for running it, P.W.O.

No problem. Hopefully it will be something a little different that will be entertaining and fun.

Preferred Walk-On
September 2nd, 2021, 04:27 PM
Phase I is in the books, and you should now be able to see your picks (as well as anyone else's) by clicking the link in my signature. In fact, I would encourage you to do so to make sure I set up the sheet properly and the teams displayed are the ones you picked.

For your "Keep" pick in this Google Sheet, you will see it is orange-shaded/strikethrough indicating it cannot be reused. My apologies, as I was not enough of a Google Sheet wizard to make the conditional formatting so that it did not do this. However, if you get 5/5 picks correct, you will see this change to a blue-shaded cell.

One of the other complexities I was not able to figure out is how to show this team as "re-available" in the list of "Available Teams Remaining". No worries. If it is in blue under the weekly results, you can use that team one more time (disregard that it is red-shaded/strikethrough in the list). I am just keeping track of this in a different way.

Any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to PM me.

JALMOND
September 2nd, 2021, 04:40 PM
Phase I is in the books, and you should now be able to see your picks (as well as anyone else's) by clicking the link in my signature. In fact, I would encourage you to do so to make sure I set up the sheet properly and the teams displayed are the ones you picked.

For your "Keep" pick in this Google Sheet, you will see it is orange-shaded/strikethrough indicating it cannot be reused. My apologies, as I was not enough of a Google Sheet wizard to make the conditional formatting so that it did not do this. However, if you get 5/5 picks correct, you will see this change to a blue-shaded cell.

One of the other complexities I was not able to figure out is how to show this team as "re-available" in the list of "Available Teams Remaining". No worries. If it is in blue under the weekly results, you can use that team one more time (disregard that it is red-shaded/strikethrough in the list). I am just keeping track of this in a different way.

Any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Looks fine. Appreciate all the effort you've put into it.

MSUBobcat
September 2nd, 2021, 05:30 PM
Welp... $#it.... guess I'm too late.

Catbooster
September 2nd, 2021, 05:34 PM
It's that darn East Coast (time zone) Bias. xlolx I missed it too. Sorry about that PWO.

Preferred Walk-On
September 2nd, 2021, 06:03 PM
It's that darn East Coast (time zone) Bias. xlolx I missed it too. Sorry about that PWO.

Don’t worry, everyone who wants to play is still active due to double elimination…plus, you will have five more teams to choose from next week than everyone that submitted picks this week. #Strategery #CrazyLikeAFox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puddin Tane
September 3rd, 2021, 12:10 AM
Well dang. I guess mine got lost in the interweb

MR. CHICKEN
September 3rd, 2021, 11:01 AM
Don’t worry, everyone who wants to play is still active due to double elimination…plus, you will have five more teams to choose from next week than everyone that submitted picks this week. #Strategery #CrazyLikeAFox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2021...yton-canceled/ (https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2021/09/03/robert-morris-football-season-opener-at-dayton-canceled/)

32077.....UH.....ER....UMMM!.......DUH GUARANTEED LOCK.....DAYTON......GAME HAS BEEN CANCELLED PER 'NOTHERAH THREAD.......DOSE UH US WHOM HAD 'EM....OUTTAH LUCK......UNLESS YA CAN LET US......PICK 6 NEXT WEEK....LIKE DUH CHUMPS.......WHOM CAN'T TELL TIME.....................JES' SAYIN'............xwhistlex......BRAWK!

Preferred Walk-On
September 3rd, 2021, 12:19 PM
https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2021...yton-canceled/ (https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2021/09/03/robert-morris-football-season-opener-at-dayton-canceled/)

.....UH.....ER....UMMM!.......DUH GUARANTEED LOCK.....DAYTON......GAME HAS BEEN CANCELLED PER 'NOTHERAH THREAD.......DOSE UH US WHOM HAD 'EM....OUTTAH LUCK......UNLESS YA CAN LET US......PICK 6 NEXT WEEK....LIKE DUH CHUMPS.......WHOM CAN'T TELL TIME.....................JES' SAYIN'............xwhistlex......BRAWK!

Excellent question. How I think I will deal with this is as follows:

1. Any cancellations can and should be posted in this thread, especially to make me aware of them.
2. If a cancellation is after the deadline, the submission does not count (see previous posts in this thread).
3. With respect to being able to use that team down the road, if the cancellation is after the deadline, I will wipe out this pick from your sheet, which will now allow this team to be listed as available for a future week.

I don't think one should be double-penalized for the cancellation. To this end, the having to get >50% correct (3 out of 4) would still stand, but the team involved in the cancellation would still be available for another time. MR. CHICKEN, you should see this reflected on your scoring sheet. If this happens some more, other users will see this as well.

MR. CHICKEN
September 3rd, 2021, 12:29 PM
....YES....BUT DUH CHANCE TA CARRY-OVERAH ONE TEAM...(TA USE ONCE MO').....IFIN' ALL FIVE PICKS WERE CORRECT IS GONE....IFIN' FOUR IS BEST AH CAN DO....AH'M OWN-LAH ONE.....WHOM......TOOK DUH FLYERS.....AWK!!

Preferred Walk-On
September 3rd, 2021, 12:35 PM
....YES....BUT DUH CHANCE TA CARRY-OVERAH ONE TEAM...(TA USE ONCE MO').....IFIN' ALL FIVE PICKS WERE CORRECT IS GONE....IFIN' FOUR IS BEST AH CAN DO.......AWK?

Ah, the "Keep" pick. If a player gets 100% of remaining active picks correct, this team can be carried over. So, if you get 4 out of 4, then the "Keep" team is still available. I'll have to make an adjustment on the scoring sheets (so please bear with me), but I think this is fair. Of course, this would only apply for game cancellations after the submission deadline.

Preferred Walk-On
September 3rd, 2021, 02:06 PM
Just a quick update. To account for cancellations and to get rid of the stupid Google Sheet add-on (Power Tools by Ablebits) that kept not functioning correctly AND turns out is only a free trial that is expiring shortly, I have updated the scoring sheets just a bit. You should not notice much change; however, since there might be cancellations, I have put in "Correct %" in a few places and will use this to determine if a player remains active or is eliminated (at least for that week; again, double-elimination tournament).

Also, this is a xsalutex to Roamingriz for being the sole SOB that picked Eastern Washington over UNLV.