PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a game to attend...

bandl
August 16th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Heading up to Pittsburgh from the DC area the weekend of November 9th - 11th...I'd love to see a good FCS game. What FCS match-ups are within reasonable driving distance of Pittsburgh? Or even on the way if I head up there on a Saturday morning, stopping off somewhere on the way. xreadx

Ivytalk
August 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Duquesne is in Pittsburgh and has a home game against LaSalle on November 10.xreadx

Kymermosst
August 16th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Duquesne also cut their marching band to give more funding to their basketball band. To me, that says the school doesn't really care about their football.

Also, Youngstown State is 65 miles away, 60 of it highway driving and they're playing Western Illinois that day. I would recommend that game if an hour is reasonable to you.

OhioHen
August 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Duquesne is in Pittsburgh and has a home game against LaSalle on November 10.xreadx

Another option is Sacred Heart at Robert Morris. Both games are at 1:00.

bandl
August 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Also, Youngstown State is 65 miles away, 60 of it highway driving and they're playing Western Illinois that day. I would recommend that game if an hour is reasonable to you.

That sounds like the best option so far! xnodx Just gotta make sure to get out of Youngstown before sunset... :o

89Hen
August 16th, 2007, 11:47 AM
No offense to Duquesne, but THAT's a no brainer. xnodx

ngineer
August 16th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Lehigh will be at Bucknell on November 10. Christy Matthewson Stadium is about a 3 hour drive north of D.C. (I-83 north from Baltimore, pick up US 322 over to US 15 in Harrisburg, Bucknell about 45 min. north of Hburg, depending on traffic). Beautiful setting and plenty of seats in a nice stadium. Lehigh sometimes brings more than BU puts in the stands.
From Lewisburg, you can than either go west on I-80 and drop down to Pittsburgh, or go back to Hburg and pick up the PA Turnpike off of I-81.

89Hen
August 16th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Lehigh will be at Bucknell...
A four hour drive from Pitt. xeyebrowx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
August 16th, 2007, 12:39 PM
YSU definitely the best option. Loved the Buffalo Wild Wings there - bartenders were very friendly and generous. About the only thing I really liked about Youngstown... stadium is overrated IMO. One part FBS quality, one part HS, and 2 parts open endzones. I only criticize because it is so often considered one of the crown jewels so to speak of FCS stadiums.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
August 16th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Did I mention you better wear your purple and root for Western Illinois? ;)