PDA

View Full Version : Should a D2 team ever talk smack to a FCS team their board

BLUEMOC20
August 16th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I have a question for everyone, I am a registered member of mocfans.com and recently we have a influx of Carson Newman fans come on to our board and talk some extreme smack, not just about the game, our team but also about our entire program and our school in general. I just wondering what do you'll think about this? I view it as inapporiate and showing no class. You?

bluehenbillk
August 16th, 2007, 08:07 AM
It happens here & on other FCS boards about FBS games so why should that be any different. I've heard so much about the App/Michigan game you'd think App would finish in the top 3 of the BigTen this year.

Cocky
August 16th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Just have fun with it.

SuperJon
August 16th, 2007, 09:12 AM
We had Tusculum fans tell us we wouldn't gain 50 yards rushing on them the entire game. They were also talking crap about not playing Real Division I football.

bandl
August 16th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I have a question for everyone, I am a registered member of mocfans.com and recently we have a influx of Carson Newman fans come on to our board and talk some extreme smack, not just about the game, our team but also about our entire program and our school in general. I just wondering what do you'll think about this? I view it as inapporiate and showing no class. You?

Well as long as you beat the poo out of them on the field....then you get the last laugh. And that's all that matters. xnodx

But if you lose...then, they weren't really talking smack were they? xwhistlex

GoldandBlack
August 16th, 2007, 09:26 AM
If it's football, there's smack, although it's kinda funny to see what lengths some people will go to build up themselves through the school they support.

As to the question whether a D2 team should EVER talk smack to an FCS team on their board- I could easily see Grand Valley State talking smack on the Savannah State board if the two ever scheduled.xnodx

bandl
August 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM
If it's football, there's smack, although it's kinda funny to see what lengths some people will go to build up themselves through the school they support.

As to the question whether a D2 team should EVER talk smack to an FCS team on their board- I could easily see Grand Valley State talking smack on the Savannah State board if the two ever scheduled.xnodx

GVS could give quite a few FCS teams fits on the field, let alone just outright beat them xnodx Their smack talk is backed up on the field. xbowx

hoseman
August 16th, 2007, 10:21 AM
bluemoc - ask the CN fans on your site how many times they have defeated PC in the past three years? (the answer is zero).

Will warn you, CN is very good and well coached plus they are taking your game seriously...

greenG
August 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM

Could be worse. You could have Grand Valley State fans on your board ;).

DuckDuckGriz
August 16th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Sure it is. Montana State talks smack on eGriz all the time.

:D

89Hen
August 16th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Well as long as you beat the poo out of them on the field....then you get the last laugh. And that's all that matters. xnodx

xnodx xthumbsupx xnodx

Sir William
August 16th, 2007, 02:17 PM

That's exactly right. Message to UTC and Liberty: Ignore the D2 smackers; take care of business on the field. Good luck to the Mocs and the Flames! Kick their D2 butts back to Jefferson City and Greeneville TN!

chattanoogamocs
August 16th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I run the mocfans board and while I don't condone much smack talk (that is just not what I want out of mocfans), I don't mind a litttle good natured ribbing.

I have to admit, the couple of C-N fans have gone a little overboard in their bravado, so I have let loose a couple of our board regulars that have advanced degrees in smackology...they have defended the homecourt and put the C-N fans back in their place.

There is a fundamental rule of smack that I think most people don't understand...you will almost never win in smack talk on someone else's board...the homecourt advantage is just too big. The home board fans will either gang up on you with 10 posts to your every one, or a select person or two will just wear you down til you go away.

chattanoogamocs
August 16th, 2007, 02:33 PM
....and btw, most of the mocfans started off very graciously to the visiting C-N fans. We were all respectful of the fact that they are a very strong D2 program...we know it will be a tough game.

But then some of the arrogant one's showed up and it was on. You don't come on to someone else's board and trash the school and not expect to get your butt kicked. :)

Note to Bluehose: someone has already mentioned Presbyterian (something along the lines of: if you were a real school, you would nut up and go DI like Pres did)