PDA

View Full Version : Dixie State Looks to Have One of the Tougher FCS Schedules

ursus arctos horribilis
August 21st, 2021, 08:38 PM
In spite of being a D2 move up they seem to have put together a very impressive e schedule. I may be way behind on this but I was just looking at it and thought they did one hell of a job.

https://dixiestateathletics.com/sports/football/schedule

ysubigred
August 21st, 2021, 08:43 PM
In spite of being a D2 move up they seem to have put together a very impressive e schedule. I may be way behind on this but I was just looking at it and thought they did one hell of a job.

https://dixiestateathletics.com/sports/football/scheduleWow.. that's a schedule. Dixie St xsalutex

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

acbearkat
August 21st, 2021, 08:43 PM
That’s one tough schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laker
August 21st, 2021, 09:03 PM
I'd like to go to their night game at South Dakota State but MSU-Mankato has their homecoming that day and won't start their game until 2 PM. Leave at 5 PM- 157 miles- won't be able to get there by six.

caribbeanhen
August 21st, 2021, 09:28 PM
Best FCS schedule of all time

ysubigred
August 21st, 2021, 09:35 PM
I'd like to go to their night game at South Dakota State but MSU-Mankato has their homecoming that day and won't start their game until 2 PM. Leave at 5 PM- 157 miles- won't be able to get there by six.How many red lights? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Laker
August 21st, 2021, 10:13 PM
How many red lights? [emoji6]

At least six that I know of- three in Kato, one in Sleepy Eye, two in Brookings. A lot more stop signs. I like to go the back road.

katss07
August 21st, 2021, 10:37 PM
Very tough. They’re setting themselves up for future success, no doubt.

We’ll trade them to the Big Sky in exchange for Weber State.

bonarae
August 21st, 2021, 11:04 PM
Great schedule for the Trailblazers!

MR. CHICKEN
August 22nd, 2021, 08:39 AM
32052.......DID NORFFERN IOWA'S....SUICIDAL AD........END UP.......IN....ST. GEORGE.......xdontknowx.....BRAWK!

PS.......BAH SCORE....LOOKS LIKE DEY GAVE KENNESAW UH GAME IN SPRING.......LOSIN' 37-27........AWK!

Bill
August 22nd, 2021, 02:28 PM

https://dixiestateathletics.com/sports/football/schedule

Love the thread title "one of the tougher FCS schedules" xlolx
Seriously...is there a tougher one out there? Carribeanhen may be on to something...

ursus arctos horribilis
August 22nd, 2021, 04:13 PM
Love the thread title "one of the tougher FCS schedules" xlolx
Seriously...is there a tougher one out there? Carribeanhen may be on to something...

Well I wanted to go all in and push in all the chips with "Toughest in FCS" but I knew if I did that I'd get someone going the other way...

So, I guess I found out it does not matter. xlolx It really is a great schedule they put together.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 22nd, 2021, 04:17 PM
Very tough. They’re setting themselves up for future success, no doubt.

We’ll trade them to the Big Sky in exchange for Weber State.

They are going to see so many top programs and how those programs comport themselves that this one season will be worth looking over for them for many years to come. The experience of what they need to be and how they need to do it is going to be a goldmine for their program I would think.

Will they be able to utilize the experience like NDSU did when they came in and not necessarily have that level of success but a high level fairly quickly will be interesting to watch as it develops.

JacksFan40
August 22nd, 2021, 04:46 PM
Those first five weeks are going to be a real meatgrinder for what is essentially still a D2 team. Facing four of the best Big Sky teams and having the best MVFC team sprinkled in there is an interesting way to introduce yourself to the FCS.

walliver
August 23rd, 2021, 10:50 AM
In their geographic location, are there any nearby cupcakes they could have scheduled?

ST_Lawson
August 23rd, 2021, 11:04 AM
In their geographic location, are there any nearby cupcakes they could have scheduled?

There's some DII teams over in Colorado and New Mexico (teams in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference), including the one non-DI team they're playing, Fort Lewis. Otherwise, there's not much nearby.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2021, 11:25 AM
Holy crap, this is a great schedule, I wish them luck. This has to be, on paper right now, the toughest schedule in FCS.

MSUWineGuy
August 23rd, 2021, 12:34 PM
Those first five weeks are going to be a real meatgrinder for what is essentially still a D2 team. Facing four of the best Big Sky teams and having the best MVFC team sprinkled in there is an interesting way to introduce yourself to the FCS.

The best team in the MVFC plus South Dakota State. Gonna be tough for them, no doubt.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2021, 12:38 PM
Holy crap, this is a great schedule, I wish them luck. This has to be, on paper right now, the toughest schedule in FCS.

True that we don't know for sure as of yet but as you say on paper it is about as impressive as it gets...I was looking at it and thinking "This **** can't be real for such a new team can it?" xlolx

Can you imagine if they came of the first 5 game 2-3? 1-4 would be impressive as hell considering losing them all still seems like a win for the program. Absolute no lose situation for them.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2021, 12:45 PM
Jesus, just their home schedule would be fun for most of us to have wouldn't it? It's just f'n impressive and I tip my cap to them.

Their fans better be damn thankful.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2021, 12:52 PM
True that we don't know for sure as of yet but as you say on paper it is about as impressive as it gets...I was looking at it and thinking "This **** can't be real for such a new team can it?" xlolx

Can you imagine if they came of the first 5 game 2-3? 1-4 would be impressive as hell considering losing them all still seems like a win for the program. Absolute no lose situation for them.If these guys go 2-3 in the first 5 games, they might be in my top 20.

wapiti
August 23rd, 2021, 12:57 PM
This may cause some thread drift, but what is the status of Dixie State name change?

OhioHen
August 23rd, 2021, 01:16 PM

Only about 125 miles from UNLV. Is that cupcake enough?

ST_Lawson
August 23rd, 2021, 01:20 PM
Only about 125 miles from UNLV. Is that cupcake enough?

More of a cupcake than 80% of the teams on their schedule.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2021, 01:37 PM
If these guys go 2-3 in the first 5 games, they might be in my top 20.

I'm trying to figure out if they are eligible for a conference title because that will be the only way they could be in the AGS Poll this year and I am hoping they are but I don't think they will be.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2021, 01:38 PM
This may cause some thread drift, but what is the status of Dixie State name change?

At this point they are the Trailblazers according to the athletic site.

TexasTerror
August 23rd, 2021, 01:49 PM
I'm trying to figure out if they are eligible for a conference title because that will be the only way they could be in the AGS Poll this year and I am hoping they are but I don't think they will be.

They are not eligible for the AQ7 and the automatic bid.

Both leagues are contesting championships though and will award a champion separate from the AQ7 title.

Tarleton is eligible for the WAC championship since they are playing a full WAC schedule. Dixie is not playing a full slate due to their great pre-league existing schedule.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2021, 01:58 PM
At this point they are the Trailblazers according to the athletic site.

I think he meant the move to Utah Tech from Dixie State.

Also, man..what a schedule.

POD Knows
August 23rd, 2021, 02:10 PM
I'm trying to figure out if they are eligible for a conference title because that will be the only way they could be in the AGS Poll this year and I am hoping they are but I don't think they will be.Ah, OK, I thought they were eligible this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2021, 02:20 PM
Ah, OK, I thought they were eligible this year.

TT says no and it seems like a legit story so Tarleton may be but I sent an email prior to seeing his post asking the WAC media relations guru so I'll update when I hear back on it.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2021, 02:21 PM
I think he meant the move to Utah Tech from Dixie State.

Also, man..what a schedule.

Well it is Dixie State on all schedules so I guess there is the answer on that.

katss07
August 23rd, 2021, 02:29 PM
This will be their last year under the Dixie State moniker if everything goes according to plan, I believe. Their BoT passed the name change this summer. It has to undergo review by the Utah Board of Higher Ed, then it must be passed by the Utah Legislature. This should all happen in November, so they’ll be Utah Tech by the time next football season rolls around.

Perfect timing as well, I think they have two more seasons in the “reclassifying” stage. By the time they’re D1 and a full WAC and FCS member, the school will have been Utah Tech for over a year.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2021, 02:31 PM
Both Tarleton and Dixie State are apparently in the AGS Poll this season. According to WAC Media Relations:
"They are eligible to be named WAC Champions but they are not eligible for selection to the FCS Playoffs."

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2021, 03:44 PM

The University was asked “Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie.... “

wapiti
August 23rd, 2021, 04:04 PM
Well it is Dixie State on all schedules so I guess there is the answer on that.

Yes, I was referring to the Dixie name.
Sounds like it is going to be Utah Tech

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2021/06/30/ajt-why-utah-tech-university-and-what-does-this-mean-for-students/#.YSQNO45KiUk

TribeNomad1
August 23rd, 2021, 04:08 PM
The University was asked “Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie.... “

The best "Western"!