PDA

View Full Version : A 2nd survivor pool this season?

Chalupa Batman
August 21st, 2021, 02:33 PM
Gauging people’s interest in doing a 2nd survivor pool in addition to the one Preferred Walk On will be running, or maybe just to do this one instead (not trying to talk anyone out of his pool). As I had posted in his survivor pool thread, I was planning on doing a survivor/last man standing pool this year that would be more traditional in that you’re picking only 1 game per week, and you can only pick each team once.

The one change I was going to make is that for each game you are picking both the winner AND the loser, to add another layer of difficulty to try and thin the field before the season ends. So for example if I pick NDSU to beat Western Illinois, I can’t pick NDSU to win a game the rest of the season, and I also can’t pick another team to also beat Western Illinois for the rest of the season. But later on I could pick against NDSU, or Western Illinois to win.

The only games eligible for picking would be FCS vs. FCS games only.

If enough people sign up I will run this contest throughout the season. Also if anyone has any questions or thoughts/ideas (such as doing it regular season only or having the contest run into the playoffs) let’s discuss them so we can get all the wrinkles ironed out before the 1st week.

So far posters interested are:

Chalupa Batman
Preferred Walk On
Caribbeanhen
Daytripper
OhioHen
caa51

Daytripper
August 21st, 2021, 02:43 PM
I'll play.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

OhioHen