PDA

View Full Version : Who will step up for your team in 2007?

Ronbo
August 15th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Who is the unknown player for your team that will have a breakout season? Who's the guy that will go from backup to star?

For Montana my guess is QB Cole Bergquist, he'll have a massive O-Line protecting him, 4 RB's that could start on most BSC teams, and the most talented WR's and TE's that we've had since 1995-1996. He has the supporting cast to have a great year.

Here is 2006 highlights of Cole leading us to a 36-7 beating of #22 SDSU. He was 22-34, 256 yards, 1 TD, 0 ints. 55 yards rushing.

2006 SDSU Game Highlights (http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_South_Dak/um-sdsu-2006-2.wmv)

Tribe4SF
August 15th, 2007, 06:43 AM
For W&M, there are several guys I think will make their mark this year, but one I'm fairly sure of is Strong Safety David Caldwell, who played CB and KR as a true Freshman last year. He moves to his natural position this year, and has the speed, strength and attitude to be a standout safety.

MR. CHICKEN
August 15th, 2007, 07:06 AM
89 ROBBIE AGNONE TE...JR. 6'5" 250LBS.
9 ANTHONY WATERS CB...RFR. 6'1" 185 LBS.
30 CHARLES GRAVES SS..SO. 6' 185LBS.
57 ERIK JOHNSON MLB...JR. 6'2" 230 LBS.
22 JONATHON SMITH LB JR. 6'3" 220 LBS.

MAH PICKS FO' BREAKIN' OUTTAH DUH FUNK...........xnodx...BRAWK!

trusty
August 15th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Well he is not "unknown" but Van Goober last year choose to not use this weapon. What an idiot! Jayson Foster will have a big year!

carney2
August 15th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Lafayette:

Maurice White, 5'8", 205 junior tailback: Not an "unknown" to the faithful.
Adam Gill, 6'2", 255 sophomore tight end: May not be the opening day starter, but will be a factor before the snow flies.
Mark Layton, 5'9" 170 freshman wide receiver: Is wowing them in camp; will be in the wide receiver rotation sooner rather than later.
Jesse Padilla, 6'5", 310 senior offensive lineman: The best of a very good group of dozers.
Andy Romans, 5'11" 215 junior linebacker: Next year's Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year.
Kyle Sprenkle, 6'3" 270 defensive lineman: Probably no pro potential at this size, but he will be impact in the Patriot League.

skinny_uncle
August 15th, 2007, 08:59 AM
SIU-John Randle
Randle was a backup RB to Arkee Whitlock last year. He had some injuries and his playing time was limited behind Arkee. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry when he was healthy enough to play. He gave us a glimpse of what he can do with a 130 yard game against Southern Utah. He's healthy this year and running behind a mostly veteran offensive line. I think this adds up to a breakout year for him, barring injury.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/588452.jpeg

Ivytalk
August 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Liam O'Hagan had better step up for Harvard at QB after his miserable second half last year.xsmhx And don't forget: he was suspended for the first half!xrolleyesx

Green Cookie Monster
August 15th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Travon Jones

http://sacstatehornets.wordpress.com/

http://jcfootball.scout.com/2/584074.html

LehighIn2007
August 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Hopefully Sedale Threatt steps up for Lehigh. He runs too much. I hope he worked in the offseason to improve his throwing. He makes me nervous, like Donovan McNabb does. The offensive line doesn't know if he is going to run or pass half the time becase he changes his mind after the snap. If he steps up, we should easily win the league.

Cobblestone
August 15th, 2007, 10:38 AM
For W&M, there are several guys I think will make their mark this year, but one I'm fairly sure of is Strong Safety David Caldwell, who played CB and KR as a true Freshman last year. He moves to his natural position this year, and has the speed, strength and attitude to be a standout safety.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5739&stc=1&d=1187178228

Dude is ripped!

BLUEMOC20
August 15th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I believe it will be Antoino Miller for UTC. He is a senior and he does not want to be remember is a HUGE BUST. Look for him to come out and led the Mocs to a great record this year.

Cobblestone
August 15th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Tim Allen. No, that's not the Tim Allen from the TV show. He's a Soph. RB who comes to us from the state of CT where he was one of the best high school rushers in the state. He comes from a football background as his brother Lou plays for UCONN and his father also played there as well. I think we were fortunate to land him and I hope he turns out to be a big ground gainer for us. Hey, we can't run Joe Casey on every single play.

MR. CHICKEN
August 15th, 2007, 11:09 AM
TRIBAL MEMBERAH..........LOOKS LIKE DAVEY'S.......WORK-OUT CENTERAH CONTRACT....NEEDS RENEWIN'.............xrotatehx....BRAWK!

Blue Hen Nation
August 15th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Agnone steps it up this year for the Hens.

CSUBUCDAD
August 15th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Darius Jackson - #11

Pos.: DB Ht.: 6-1 Wt.: 180
Hometown: Pineland, S.C.
Previous School: Jasper Co. HS
Eligibility: R-Sr. Major: Athletic Training

This kid had an awesome spring and so far this fall has really come on strong. Look for Mills to find a place for him on the field somewhere. Can't keep a kid this good as a back up to the FS.

Mountain Panther
August 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM
TRIBAL MEMBERAH..........LOOKS LIKE DAVEY'S.......WORK-OUT CENTERAH CONTRACT....NEEDS RENEWIN'.............xrotatehx....BRAWK!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5754&stc=1&d=1187194163

I think that guy could grate cheese on his abs xeekx

Tribe4SF
August 15th, 2007, 12:40 PM

He's a hard worker, for sure. They list him at 5'11" and 205, but I'm pretty sure he's carrying a little more than that...and carrying it well.

Cobblestone
August 15th, 2007, 12:44 PM
He's a hard worker, for sure. They list him at 5'11" and 205, but I'm pretty sure he's carrying a little more than that...and carrying it well.

I have visions of many CAA WR's counting clouds after being hit by this guy.

WrenFGun
August 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM
For UNH, I've mentioned a couple already, but here are my thoughts:

TE Scott Sicko
RB Chad Kackert
DB Ryan McGuiness
WR Terrance Fox/Travis Negron/JT Wright/Kevon Mason (like, one!)

chattanoogamocs
August 15th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Sophomore Back Errol Wynn, now out of the shadow of Eldra Buckley (currently in the San Diego training camp), should (strike that, better! :)) have a big impact on the fortunes of Chattanooga this coming season.

ivyfan
August 16th, 2007, 01:30 AM
IVYTALK : Pizotti did a good job in the first 1/2 season!

Ivytalk
August 16th, 2007, 08:41 AM
IVYTALK : Pizotti did a good job in the first 1/2 season!

I like Chris Pizzotti: he has a great arm and makes good decisions. The thing he lacks is mobility. That's where O'Hagan has the clear edge. I hope Harvard's OL is good this year, because they're going to have to protect the QB and open holes for whatever RB tries to replace Dawson (mighty big shoes to fill).

JMU2K_DukeDawg
August 16th, 2007, 12:23 PM
(Jr) QB Rodney Landers is without doubt the man who has to be the man. Was a backup, now he'll be the undisputed team leader on offense.

Other names to watch for that you probably have not heard much about:

(Sr) DL Baranowski - 2nd year starting I think, transferred from UConn and should be our main sack machine. Overall, JMU has good DL depth.
(Sr) LB Justin Barnes - the next Akeem Jordan? Probably not, but he is solid.
(So) WR Rockeed McCarter 6-3, 215 Sophomore - just ask Towson what it is like to get run over by this man child! :)

AshevilleApp
August 16th, 2007, 03:31 PM
ASU:

(Offense) I think the WR crew will surprise - Dexter Jackson has the speed and playmaking ability to make the step up to No.1 wideout but look out for converted QB CoCo Hillary...he's tearing up camp.

(Defense): Pierre Banks played tremendously for us last year with little to no recognition outside of Boone. He should be a strong candidate for National honors this year.

RichH2
August 16th, 2007, 03:40 PM
If he can avoid injuries I expect WR Pete Donchez (6'4" 210) to surprise everyone.

DuckDuckGriz
August 16th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Like Ronbo said I think Cole will rise to the occasion at QB.

I also see TE Dan Beaudin having a breakthrough year. He had a great catch and run for a TD vs McNeese State where he bowled over a few Cowboys on the way xnodx

Old Montana State Grad
August 16th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I see two kids in Bozo coming from nowhere to lead us back to the last time we had two 1000 yard rushers: Mason and Taito. I also think we'll have two quarterbacks with nearly identical numbers: Carpenter and Rolovich. We're also going to have two 1000 yard receivers: Toliver and Lewis.

Our as yet gameday tested offensive line will wind up receiving most of the post season awards because our skill kids' numbers won't "Adrian Peterson" you.

PSUVikings
August 16th, 2007, 08:02 PM
LB Andrew Schantz, he's a transfer from San Diego State, he was one of their best players, transfered for "personal" reasons, he will be one to fear.

AggieFinn
August 16th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Cal Poly managed to score enough points on San Diego State last season, I don't know if fear is the right word xnodx

blur2005
August 17th, 2007, 01:27 AM
(Jr) QB Rodney Landers is without doubt the man who has to be the man. Was a backup, now he'll be the undisputed team leader on offense.
Rodney will be a force this season. I cannot wait to see him operating out of the spread - so VERY dangerous.

KleinTx05
August 17th, 2007, 03:22 AM
#6 Cameron Luke WR 6-2 211 JR 1L Houston, Texas (Collins) ... This kid is a Beast!!! xbowx xthumbsupx

Tribe4SF
August 17th, 2007, 05:40 AM
I see two kids in Bozo coming from nowhere to lead us back to the last time we had two 1000 yard rushers: Mason and Taito. I also think we'll have two quarterbacks with nearly identical numbers: Carpenter and Rolovich. We're also going to have two 1000 yard receivers: Toliver and Lewis.

Our as yet gameday tested offensive line will wind up receiving most of the post season awards because our skill kids' numbers won't "Adrian Peterson" you.

This could be the best "homer" post I've ever seen. Well done!!!xthumbsupx

X-Factor
August 17th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I really would like to see RFr. Matt Gratzek at DT step up. It is one of maybe only a couple positions we are a little bit thin at. Gratzek wont be the starter, but if he can step in and play quality significant minutes, that is just one step closer to filling the void of departure Justin Frick who now plays with the Bears.

NDSU's Pat Paschal, a JUCO from Dodge City that originally redshirted at GSU has been stepping up in a big way at RB. Sounds like he will be our starter fairly early in the season.

other than that, we have already had some guys step up in the secondary. In one case, a CB starter from last year that is perfectly healthy is now a backup.

seantaylor
August 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Offense: Jayson Foster and Steve Cundari

Defense: Chris Covington

GeeWiz
August 17th, 2007, 09:40 PM
CB Cord Parks
http://gonu.com/football/cparks.shtml

RB Kurtis Hart
http://gonu.com/football/hart.shtml

FB Lloyd Clarke
http://gonu.com/football/hart.shtml

NG Mike Lukenda
http://gonu.com/football/lukenda.shtml

WR Tony Lott
http://gonu.com/football/lott.shtml

slostang
August 17th, 2007, 11:45 PM
For Cal Poly look for QB Jonathan Dally to step up and move the Cal Poly offense. Cal Poly struggled last season at the QB position despite having RB James Noble and WR Ramses Barden. Add RB Ryan Mole to the offense and Dally will have some very talented skilled players to distribute the ball to.