PDA

View Full Version : Phil Steele FCS Season Pass - anyone ordered yet? Opinions?

FUBeAR
August 13th, 2021, 10:37 AM
https://twitter.com/philsteele042/status/1426193871151697920

$24 - worth the ‘investment?’ (FUBeAR could also be called FrUgalBeAR, y’know)

Might be helpful for AGS poll voters since it’s updated weekly. I had planned to take this year off from voting because I just think no one is really going to have any idea (I won’t at least) how good Teams are until about Week 7. It’s hard (anyway) to do the rankings and I angst over it every week. Was thinking I’d take that stress off this CRAZY year….But…with this and the work The Professor (I think he does it) does weekly here, I might be open to giving it a shot.

BTW - not ‘shilling’ for Phil Steele…just hoping to get you smart peeps to share your thoughts.

MR. CHICKEN
August 13th, 2021, 10:47 AM
32033...MAH GO TO.....WAS ALWAYS STREET & SMITH........BUT EITHER NO MAG DIS SEASON.....O'.....VERAH LATE.........DEY'RE REPORTIN'.......ALWAYS KEPT DUH CHICKEN..........IN DUH MIX.....FO' VARIOUS PICK'EM CONTESTS....AN' GAMES......RUN HERE...........BRAWK!

Daytripper
August 13th, 2021, 12:35 PM
I might take a look at it.

KPSUL
August 14th, 2021, 04:55 PM
It may not be a problem now, but I got ripped off on an online subscription 5 or 6 years ago. They had a 3rd party company processing payment - they took my payment, never provided me access, and there was no way to resolve it. I'm not even positive it was Phil Steele's, but I'd be a little wary before paying.

There is likely not much, if any, data available here that you can't find for free on team and conference websites as well as ESPN and other major network websites. Also the quality of projections and other qualitative assessments will be generalized and not very accurate IMHO.

Sandlapper Spike
August 15th, 2021, 09:50 PM
I'm a bit curious as to how Steele is going to come up with "individual game grades" for each team. What kind of formula is he using?

I have his FBS magazine, and most of the stats in it can be found in other places. The one thing that gives me pause is that certain FCS statistics can be hard to come by. However, I tend to doubt he is going to have the non-standard stats for FCS. I could be wrong, of course.

What I would really like is to have available FCS statistics along the lines of the FBS numbers provided by sites like CFBstats.com, Football Outsiders, Bill Connelly's stuff, etc.

--

Incidentally, Street & Smith's annuals are no more. I believe the announcement was made last August.

MR. CHICKEN
August 16th, 2021, 08:03 AM
I'm a bit curious as to how Steele is going to come up with "individual game grades" for each team. What kind of formula is he using?

I have his FBS magazine, and most of the stats in it can be found in other places. The one thing that gives me pause is that certain FCS statistics can be hard to come by. However, I tend to doubt he is going to have the non-standard stats for FCS. I could be wrong, of course.

What I would really like is to have available FCS statistics along the lines of the FBS numbers provided by sites like CFBstats.com, Football Outsiders, Bill Connelly's stuff, etc.

--

Incidentally, Street & Smith's annuals are no more. I believe the announcement was made last August.

32038.......MAH LAST ISSUE....IS DATED 2020....WHICH AH PROLLY BOUGHT LAST JULY.......(MAH COPY.....HIGHLIGHTS....DUH BIG 10......WHIFF #11 MICAH PARSONS....UH PENN STATE.....ON DUH COVER)....SO FO' ALL INTENSIVE PURPOSES........ALL INFO...(PREDICTIONS)..UH ALL DIVISIONS.......SHOOD STILL BE CURRENT.....WHIFF UH TOUCH UH TWEAKIN'.....'CAUSE UH NCAA ALLOWANCES..........'CEPT DUH SKEDS........BRAWK!