PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Gives Head Coach Contract Extension

Bobcat94
August 27th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Please find the story on the Texas State web site http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/ and Bobcatfans.com.

The extension was granted through 2010 for the new Coach. I'm posting on here to get some thoughts from the rest of I-AA.............

Thanks for your thoughts!

Texas!!!!

TexasTerror
August 27th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Is this a good thing? Yes, DB shows direction with the program and has raised that awful 2.13 team GPA the football team had (was this the lowest in I-AA?), however I think it'd of been a smarter move to wait for a winning season. Shows loyalty, no doubt. Shows commitment as well. I'd of waited til the end of this season to see what unfolds when the Cats have NO reason not to win 8 games...

Bobcat94
August 27th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the input TT. My feeling are the same. Anyone else outside of the SLC want to chimne in????????

beerkat
August 27th, 2005, 06:44 PM
he's been there one year and went 5-6, and they give him an extension

bizarre.

golionsgo
August 27th, 2005, 07:01 PM
he's been there one year and went 5-6, and they give him an extension

bizarre.

Just imagine the extension he'll get if he goes 6-5 this year!!! He might become a lifer!!!

TxState_GO_CATS!
August 27th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Just imagine the extension he'll get if he goes 6-5 this year!!! He might become a lifer!!!

LoL...I kind of agree with you guys. But, that 5-6 record was with a pretty tough schedule:

L @ App. St. (traditionally a very tough place to play)
L vs. Florida Atlantic (now I-A)
L @ Baylor (I-A)
L @ Cal-Poly (very good west coast team)
L @ NwSt. (Conference Co-Champion)
L @ Sam (Conference Co-Champion)

He was left with a schedule that he didn't determine and I don't see a cupcake there. We all understand that football (hell, any sport) is more than about wins and losses. I think our administration understands that fact and, in combination with DB's ties with the university and his reputation as an OUTSTANDING recruiter (not to mention the intangible improvement of the FB team), I think this was more of a move to keep him at Texas State rather than lose him to another school and to show that the university is 100% behind what Coach Bailiff is trying to do.

golionsgo
August 27th, 2005, 09:31 PM
LoL...I kind of agree with you guys. But, that 5-6 record was with a pretty tough schedule:

L @ App. St. (traditionally a very tough place to play)
L vs. Florida Atlantic (now I-A)
L @ Baylor (I-A)
L @ Cal-Poly (very good west coast team)
L @ NwSt. (Conference Co-Champion)
L @ Sam (Conference Co-Champion)

He was left with a schedule that he didn't determine and I don't see a cupcake there. We all understand that football (hell, any sport) is more than about wins and losses. I think our administration understands that fact and, in combination with DB's ties with the university and his reputation as an OUTSTANDING recruiter (not to mention the intangible improvement of the FB team), I think this was more of a move to keep him at Texas State rather than lose him to another school and to show that the university is 100% behind what Coach Bailiff is trying to do.

You forgot to mention you also had to go to double OT to beat a second year program. :)

All kidding aside, Bailliff appears, on the outside at least, to be an outstanding coach and I admire the aggressiveness your administration has shown in getting him tied up before things really take off in San Marcos. I would imagine an extension would be a lot harder to pull off if the Bobcats make a deep playoff run this year.

TxSt02
August 27th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Texas!!!!

State!!!!