4. NDSU
5. Weber State
6. Montana
7. Monmouth
8. Delaware

I give Hero credit for trying this in the preseason

atthewbon
August 11th, 2021, 02:27 PM
I think it’ll be very interesting how the committee view the AQ7 there are 3 “traditional playoff teams” but as Hero said they might only get 2. It will also be interesting how they look at the big south with the inclusion of NC A&T and Kennesaw still being in the conference, could they get 3? At least there will be more non conference games than the spring because this year could be very difficult to compare teams from different conferences.

KPSUL
August 11th, 2021, 03:06 PM
This is a ridiculous exercise before a single game has been played.

Daytripper
August 11th, 2021, 03:09 PM
This is a ridiculous exercise before a single game has been played.Agree.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
August 11th, 2021, 03:13 PM

Nah, all in good fun

and what if they nail this thing.... nothing to lose in trying

Anthony215
August 11th, 2021, 03:44 PM
Interesting they have FAMU getting in the playoffs as an at large bid since the SWAC champion will opt for the Celebration Bowl and guaranteed $$ that accompanies that game.

NY Crusader 2010
August 11th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Interesting they have FAMU getting in the playoffs as an at large bid since the SWAC champion will opt for the Celebration Bowl and guaranteed $$ that accompanies that game.

In order for a SWAC team to go to the playoffs as an at large, it's very complicated. You would need to not even win your division of the SWAC, since the conference holds its own championship game in December. And you'd have to not be named Grambling or Southern, both of whom play on Thanksgiving weekend.

Last SWAC playoff appearance I believe was Jackson State in 1996. They lost to William & Mary in Round of 16.

caribbeanhen
August 11th, 2021, 06:23 PM
In order for a SWAC team to go to the playoffs as an at large, it's very complicated. You would need to not even win your division of the SWAC, since the conference holds its own championship game in December. And you'd have to not be named Grambling or Southern, both of whom play on Thanksgiving weekend.

Last SWAC playoff appearance I believe was Jackson State in 1996. They lost to William & Mary in Round of 16.

and besides all that is Florida A&M even any good?

KPSUL
August 11th, 2021, 06:37 PM
Nah, all in good fun

and what if they nail this thing.... nothing to lose in trying

After the top 8 you reposted, I haven't seen the rest of the list - and I'm not going to bother looking because it is pointless. It's pretty easy to predict the top 8 teams from the last season will be somewhere in the playoff field. So to have fun, I predict 7 of the top 8 will make the playoffs, and 3 will end up seeded.

acbearkat
August 11th, 2021, 07:42 PM
Both North Dakota State and South Dakota State have major question marks at quarterback. Right now, the Missouri Valley looks wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Crusader 2010
August 11th, 2021, 09:00 PM

I believe they were Top 25 in 2019. Were ineligible for MEAC title and postseason. Can't recall if they played in 2020.

OhioHen
August 12th, 2021, 07:45 AM
I believe they were Top 25 in 2019. Were ineligible for MEAC title and postseason. Can't recall if they played in 2020.

The Rattlers did not play in 2020 or Spring 2021.

POD Knows
August 12th, 2021, 08:13 AM
Both North Dakota State and South Dakota State have major question marks at quarterback. Right now, the Missouri Valley looks wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe have question marks at QB but I am going to predict that our QB play this fall will be better than last spring, by quite a bit maybe. But I do agree that the MVFC is wide open.

JSUSoutherner
August 12th, 2021, 05:53 PM
I find it hilarious that Mr. Herder thinks that JSU will be good enough to be considered a bubble team.

Daytripper
August 12th, 2021, 06:37 PM
I find it hilarious that Mr. Herder thinks that JSU will be good enough to be considered a bubble team.

I predict JSU gets a playoff seed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/d8OJ0GIgmFa7ZSTuSe/giphy.gif

JSUSoutherner
August 12th, 2021, 07:01 PM
I predict JSU gets a playoff seed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/d8OJ0GIgmFa7ZSTuSe/giphy.gif

Tell me you're crazy without actually telling me you're crazy.

Daytripper
August 12th, 2021, 07:06 PM
Tell me you're crazy without actually telling me you're crazy.

I'm just doing some friendly trolling...knowing how you feel about Grass..xdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
August 12th, 2021, 07:26 PM
I'm just doing some friendly trolling...knowing how you feel about Grass..xdrunkyx

I know you're a friendly troll. That's why I rewrote that post 4 times in an effort not to hurt your feelings.

I'm nice like that.

Professor
August 13th, 2021, 07:58 AM

They are. But i don't think they will have the OOC resume to get an at-large if they don't win the division

caribbeanhen
August 13th, 2021, 09:45 AM
They are. But i don't think they will have the OOC resume to get an at-large if they don't win the division

Thanks Professor! Do you think another SWAC team could be in playoffs this year? Personally, I would like to see it happen

ElCid
August 13th, 2021, 09:54 AM

Yeah. Just click bait so rabid fans can feel justified in their high expectations. Sure, maybe a bunch of those teams might get in. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that probability. But it could be wildly off. We have minimal data so far.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 13th, 2021, 11:18 AM
Yeah. Just click bait so rabid fans can feel justified in their high expectations. Sure, maybe a bunch of those teams might get in. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that probability. But it could be wildly off. We have minimal data so far.

My initial thoughts were just what KPSUL said, ridiculous exercise to do before any games played. Then, the more I thought about at least FCS is getting enough attention to warrant this exercise. I printed it off and will be fun to look at the end of the year. Maine is not on anyone's radar and this when we usually have a chance of sneaking up on people. After first scrimmage I like what what the Defense is showing but still question our ability to run the ball.
Delaware 3 weeks from yesterday, Yeeha!!!

ysubigred
August 13th, 2021, 12:19 PM
We have question marks at QB but I am going to predict that our QB play this fall will be better than last spring, by quite a bit maybe. But I do agree that the MVFC is wide open.You can write off YSU.. the rest may have a shot..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2021, 07:46 AM

It’s a nice review of the FCS conferences and some new lingo like AQ7, which I hade no clue what AQ7 was and besides they said it was too early for a playoff bracket but they were going to do it anyway, so at least they have some self-awareness .... I like it!

One team not mentioned was UC Davis, I think they will be in the mix but Hero goes with Sacramento st.... hmm, I remember them for ****ting the bed in 2019 so will be interesting to see who they have back

Add McNeese and Incarnate Ward as a few more of the sleepers

Stick with Sacred Heart over Central Connecticut... Julius Chestnut will see to that

What I would really like to see is a review of all the FCS conferences and what teams are in them now and who if any are not playoff eligible

2021 FCS schedules

2021 FCS non-conference games

2021 FBS games as well as Div2 and 3 games

2021 spring stats

Yes this info is available but it’s all over the place, kind of like this post

Professor
August 22nd, 2021, 11:03 PM
Thanks Professor! Do you think another SWAC team could be in playoffs this year? Personally, I would like to see it happen

The only teams would be Bama A&M, FAMU or JSU. Of course which ever team that wins the SWAC East can't go so it will depend on the records and OOC of the remaining ones. Jackson St and FAMU have FBS games that are winnable. If they won, plus 1 loss in conference , that should be enough for an at large

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2021, 08:11 AM
The only teams would be Bama A&M, FAMU or JSU. Of course which ever team that wins the SWAC East can't go so it will depend on the records and OOC of the remaining ones. Jackson St and FAMU have FBS games that are winnable. If they won, plus 1 loss in conference , that should be enough for an at large

good Stuff

Thanks!

Sader87
August 23rd, 2021, 12:46 PM
Fun exercise....so many permutations could come about though. I'll give you one, say HC goes 8-3 or 9-2 with wins ovah UConn, Monmouth and Yale (who all have good seasons..save for UConn) but loses to Fordham and the Rams get the PL bid. Would HC get an at-large bid??? Hmmmm....

Daytripper
August 23rd, 2021, 01:35 PM
Fun exercise....so many permutations could come about though. I'll give you one, say HC goes 8-3 or 9-2 with wins ovah UConn, Monmouth and Yale (who all have good seasons..save for UConn) but loses to Fordham and the Rams get the PL bid. Would HC get an at-large bid??? Hmmmm....

Interesting scenario. I would think HC would be in the discussion....but likely not based on the overall conference reputation. Just my opinion.

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2021, 03:49 PM

wins ovah UConn, Monmouth and Yale.... wow just not seeing it but if it happens I’ll be in