PDA

View Full Version : NoCo ready to put '06 behind them.

ncbears
August 14th, 2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ncaa/article/0,2777,DRMN_23932_5672123,00.html

We've got a young team ready to build on what coach Downing is trying to build here.

BisonBacker
August 14th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I was over to your board, man what a downer. Posters over there are already talking about how bad it's going to be to get beat by Chadron. People over there sound like they have already written off the season. That is too bad. Going to need to get some distance from the debacle from last year. A couple wins would go a long way to doing that but your first game will likely be really ugly. Good Luck

PSUVikings
August 14th, 2007, 10:08 AM
They will upset someone within the BSC this year, who? We will find out.....

Ronbo
August 14th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I think they'll win two in the BSC this year and they won't be in the basement.:)

Hansel
August 14th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I think they'll win two in the BSC this year and they won't be in the basement.:)

Sac and Weber?

89rabbit
August 14th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Good luck and best wishes to the UNC Bears.

DaBears
August 14th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I am pessimistic for this 2007 UNC season because we have so many young players and we showed no discipline last year. I think a lot of that was because of a new coaching staff but by 2008 they will have it together. I am predicting 2008 as the year that we rise to the top of the BSC.

89Hen
August 14th, 2007, 03:41 PM
They were within one score of three BSC opponents last year... there is hope. xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
August 14th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Sac and Weber?

Sac was 4-4 in the BSC last year, and suddenly they're worse than NoCo? I don't think so....

Wouldn't be all the surprising if they beat ISU, however. xeyebrowx

ncbears
August 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I am pessimistic for this 2007 UNC season because we have so many young players and we showed no discipline last year. I think a lot of that was because of a new coaching staff but by 2008 they will have it together. I am predicting 2008 as the year that we rise to the top of the BSC.

You have a point about us being very young. However, maybe we can have a season like EW. They were very young and still had some nice games.

NoCoDanny
August 14th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Being young is good though, it means many of those with less talent and questionable work ethics have moved on. Not that that necessarily means the new guys are more talented but at least a lot of the ****ty attitudes have been not so subtly encouraged to leave.

I'd rather have young guys that the current staff have brought in than hold overs from the prior regime and all the baggage they possessed.

ncbears
August 14th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I was over to your board, man what a downer. Posters over there are already talking about how bad it's going to be to get beat by Chadron. People over there sound like they have already written off the season. That is too bad. Going to need to get some distance from the debacle from last year. A couple wins would go a long way to doing that but your first game will likely be really ugly. Good Luck

Lots of FCS teams would lose to Chadron. They go into the season ranked #3 in D2 I believe and have probably the best running back in all of college football.

GoAgs72
August 14th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I don't follow D2 much any more, but this tailback from Chadron State had 2756 yards rushing in a season! Check him out. Danny Woodhead - Harlon Hill winner as best D2 player last year. Some FBS team screwed up not getting this guy.

ucdtim17
August 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
probably the best running back in all of college football.

That is quite a statement - McFadden, Rice, Stewart, Slaton, Johnson, etc. . .

PSUVikings
August 14th, 2007, 10:17 PM

I'd be willing to bet there are FCS RB's that are a lot better to. UNC will probably beat this team, and their RB with gaudy stats.

ncbears
August 14th, 2007, 11:23 PM

If anything he deserves to be mentioned with these guys.

ucdtim17
August 15th, 2007, 03:10 PM
If anything he deserves to be mentioned with these guys.

That may be the case but it's a big jump to say he's "probably" better than all of them

BisonBacker
August 15th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Lots of FCS teams would lose to Chadron. They go into the season ranked #3 in D2 I believe and have probably the best running back in all of college football.

You need to get down to a lower elevation and breathe, you have obviously been up in the clouds way to long. xnodx

Bobcat in NC
August 16th, 2007, 07:46 AM

The top of the BSC in 2008? xeyebrowx

In all seriousness, I wish Northern Colorado nothing but the best in getting back on their feet. Having dealt with more than our fair share of off-the-field issues and quite a few years of futility, MSU fans can definitely empathize with you.

And yes, Woodhead is that good. The best in the country? No. One of the best outside of FBS, regardless of division? I think so.