July 27th, 2021, 07:26 AM
https://twitter.com/BigSouthSports/status/1419799689843691520

https://twitter.com/BigSouthSports/status/1419812518613114884

WestCoastAggie
July 27th, 2021, 10:20 AM
https://twitter.com/HBCUGameday/status/1420025674266521600

Libertine
July 27th, 2021, 01:39 PM
What incompetent crackhead or brilliant troll gave CSU a first-place vote? I can almost guarantee it was the Post and Courier's Jeff Hartsell who hasn't paid attention to a single sentence without the word "Clemson" in it in the last fifteen years.

My crack at the final standings:

1. Monmouth
2. NC A&T
3. Kennesaw
4. Campbell
-- N Alabama (ineligible)
5. Robert Morris
6. Hampton
7. Charleston Southern
8. Gardner-Webb

bonarae
July 27th, 2021, 09:58 PM
It's about time the Big South will make more noise in the FCS, not just here on AGS. The conference has been under-represented here for a number of years now.

The Cats
July 29th, 2021, 01:59 PM
What incompetent crackhead or brilliant troll gave CSU a first-place vote? I can almost guarantee it was the Post and Courier's Jeff Hartsell who hasn't paid attention to a single sentence without the word "Clemson" in it in the last fifteen years.

My crack at the final standings:

1. Monmouth
2. NC A&T
3. Kennesaw
4. Campbell
-- N Alabama (ineligible)
5. Robert Morris
6. Hampton
7. Charleston Southern
8. Gardner-Webb

I don't know, Jeff seems to give the Citadel a lot of press.....

Libertine
July 29th, 2021, 02:12 PM
I don't know, Jeff seems to give the Citadel a lot of press.....

That's only because, for four years straight, The Citadel has either (A) played Clemson and Jeff has to talk up the Tigers' opponent or (B) played Towson, who are also the Tigers and also also Jeff is easily confused.

The Cats
July 29th, 2021, 02:26 PM
That's only because, for four years straight, The Citadel has either (A) played Clemson and Jeff has to talk up the Tigers' opponent or (B) played Towson, who are also the Tigers and also also Jeff is easily confused.

You could have something there.

Professor
July 30th, 2021, 01:59 PM
It's about time the Big South will make more noise in the FCS, not just here on AGS. The conference has been under-represented here for a number of years now.

Big South will get at least 2 teams in the playoffs. Maybe 3

Sandlapper Spike
July 31st, 2021, 12:30 PM

Hartsell has been the beat writer covering The Citadel for The Post and Courier for over a decade.

Libertine
August 1st, 2021, 04:32 PM
Hartsell has been the beat writer covering The Citadel for The Post and Courier for over a decade.

I stand by my assessment. xcoolx

caribbeanhen
August 8th, 2021, 07:36 AM

3? That would be big news

The Cats
August 8th, 2021, 03:12 PM

I say, if you are going to dream, dream big, dream impossible..... LOL

JSUSoutherner
August 8th, 2021, 04:00 PM
I wonder how NC A&T fans feel knowing that the only other two teams of worth in the conference are leaving after this season.

I'd be kind of annoyed. But at least you guys have an easy path to the playoffs now.

I can sense the anger from the one or two Monmouth fans over this comment.

WestCoastAggie
August 8th, 2021, 07:36 PM
I wonder how NC A&T fans feel knowing that the only other two teams of worth in the conference are leaving after this season.

I'd be kind of annoyed. But at least you guys have an easy path to the playoffs now.

LOL!

But seriously, there's likely going to be some sort of ASun/Big South football scheduling alliance starting Fall 22. And Kennesaw State is the only team of note leaving as UNA wasn't eligible for the postseason and the conference title during their time in the Big South.

And a home and home series between us would be a good idea.

Also, I strongly suspect Monmouth is anticipating remaining atop the Big South hill.

Professor
August 9th, 2021, 10:15 AM
3? That would be big news

Monmouth , NCA&T and Kennesaw State . It's all going to depend on the OOC play

Professor
August 9th, 2021, 10:16 AM
I say, if you are going to dream, dream big, dream impossible..... LOL

Not impossible. Big South has gotten 2 before. A&T has a great chance for a playoff spot going 8-3 or 9-2

Professor
August 9th, 2021, 10:18 AM

Well i'm a bit disappointed that Kennesaw is leaving. Just because it's right outside of Atlanta. Easy travel game and we have a huge alumni association there. North Alabama doesn't bother me at all

caribbeanhen
August 9th, 2021, 10:26 AM

Good to hear the move to Big South makes the playoffs something that A&T is shooting for

lots of movement over past few years, just trying to keep up

I see can see both the Aggies and Monmouth making it but Kennesaw? No not seeing it yet

Libertine
August 9th, 2021, 12:47 PM

Wait!! Charleston Southern is leaving, too?! Whatever will the Big South do now without its strongest and most tradition-rich program?! This is just a catast --

https://c.tenor.com/RiNWHd8dMXMAAAAM/snl-saturday-night-live.gif

I'm sorry. I just couldn't keep going with a straight face.

BigBlueMU
August 9th, 2021, 02:42 PM

Monmouth- Yup. NCA&T- Very good shot. KSU- Nope.

Libertine
August 10th, 2021, 01:06 PM
The Big South announced today that Big South games vs. North Alabama will count toward the conference standings this season but UNA is still ineligible for the conference championship.

In addition, any Big South game that has to be cancelled will be ruled as a forfeit by the team responsible for the cancellation.

https://bigsouthsports.com/news/2021/8/10/big-south-announces-updates-for-2021-football-season.aspx

WestCoastAggie
August 11th, 2021, 11:10 AM
The Big South announced today that Big South games vs. North Alabama will count toward the conference standings this season but UNA is still ineligible for the conference championship.

In addition, any Big South game that has to be cancelled will be ruled as a forfeit by the team responsible for the cancellation.

https://bigsouthsports.com/news/2021/8/10/big-south-announces-updates-for-2021-football-season.aspx

Hmm... Being that UNC-System students have to be vaccinated in order to enroll and get their room assignments, I believe the team is well past the 85% vaccine rate threshold for the NCAA to avoid testing.

Anthony215
August 11th, 2021, 03:47 PM

The CAA just released a similar stance except they're giving their teams 24 hours to delay a game before ruling it a forfeit for the team responsible for the cancellation. They're not counting it in overall standings just for conference standings.

Libertine
August 15th, 2021, 11:31 PM
Joe Walton, who nearly singlehandedly brought the Robert Morris program into existence, has passed at the age of 85.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32030866/former-new-york-jets-robert-morris-university-coach-joe-walton-dies-age-85