PDA

View Full Version : JSU to redshirt all freshman signees.

Cocky
August 11th, 2007, 09:47 PM
http://www.gojaxstate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4000

Maroons
August 11th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Do you foresee this having any impact on the current season?

TexasTerror
August 11th, 2007, 10:40 PM
What's big news with this?

Most teams do this as is unless there's a freshman or two that could make an impact or unless an injury arises. Teams don't like to play their kids from the outset unless they need to...

SHSU only played two true freshmen last year, Chris Poullard (as our RB situation was questionable until DD Terry arrived) and Taylor Wilkins, a kicker...

Cocky
August 12th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Do you foresee this having any impact on the current season?

Not really, we are pretty solid at all positions.

We are also planning to redshirt one of our reserve RB from last year Shawn Green. Green is battling for the starting spot but will be redshirted if he doesn't win the spot. I feel he will be redshirted because we have four quality RBs and he is the youngest.

Cocky
August 12th, 2007, 08:32 AM
What's big news with this?

Most teams do this as is unless there's a freshman or two that could make an impact or unless an injury arises. Teams don't like to play their kids from the outset unless they need to...

SHSU only played two true freshmen last year, Chris Poullard (as our RB situation was questionable until DD Terry arrived) and Taylor Wilkins, a kicker...

We normally recruit a few who can play right away because we don't have the depth at all positions. I don't know how many teams redshirt every recruit but this is the first I can recall. I'm sure the others will soon be posted.

JaxSinfonian
August 12th, 2007, 08:37 AM
I feel he will be redshirted because we have four quality RBs and he is the youngest.

But of course, we will have trouble replacing Clay Green, according to what I've read in all the pre-season analysis so far. xrolleyesx

Everybody, if Jax State is on your schedule this year, prepare for the air attack! Clay's gone so we're going West Coast. Honestly! :D