PDA

View Full Version : Today July 22, 2021 - Southland Conference Football Media Day

McCowboys
July 22nd, 2021, 07:53 AM
You can get information from the Southland Conference Twitter account: https://twitter.com/SouthlandSports

The preseason poll will be released today for the very slimmed down SLC. Most pundits are predicting the SLU Lions as the favorites due to the number of preseason all-conference picks.
Who is your favorite?

The event will be carried on ESPN+ beginning at 10 A.M. live from Houston, Texas.

McCowboys
July 22nd, 2021, 09:02 AM
SLC Poll: https://twitter.com/SouthlandSports/status/1418209201348882432

POD Knows
July 22nd, 2021, 11:20 AM
Unless something weird happens, SELA should be pretty good this year.

lionsrking2
July 22nd, 2021, 11:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E66ZZGLXEAAcUxE?format=jpg&name=medium

katss07
July 22nd, 2021, 11:47 AM
Some reports coming out that the SLC could look to add a school for the 2022 season, and decisions could come within the next 30-60 days. A report came out yesterday via Matt Brown stating he was sure Midwestern State and Dallas Baptist were in talks, but other could’ve been contacted too. Tom Burnett commented on it today.

Poll looks about accurate, although I think UIW has a chance to leap Nicholls. Hope this is a two bid conference again, lots of talent here. Don’t think the Texas4 have seen the last of the Southland. Although they’ll probably draw some Big Sky schools now as well, the playoff regionalization will lead to many Southland reunions I predict.

McNeese75
July 22nd, 2021, 11:50 AM
I look for SLU to win it but would not be surprised if the Cowboys split with them on the home and away.

lionsrking2
July 22nd, 2021, 12:09 PM
I look for SLU to win it but would not be surprised if the Cowboys split with them on the home and away.

Considering the home team has won over the last seven seasons, a split would be a good bet. It's going to be a great league this fall IMO.

lionsrking2
July 22nd, 2021, 05:15 PM
A better look at the new helmet logo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E67RWYmXIAEMIWK?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

caribbeanhen
July 22nd, 2021, 05:40 PM
Unless something weird happens, SELA should be pretty good this year.

It’s about time you got onboard

lionsrking2
July 22nd, 2021, 08:04 PM
Typical Southland Media Day: Lazy questions, answers with little substance, learned nothing new about any of the programs. With the transfer portal wide open, you would think someone would have asked each coach about roster losses and additions, plus other specifics about each of their teams. Instead, softball after softball. The thing that really got me worked up was our opening highlight video which showed highlights from 2019. xconfusedxxdohx

At least we got to see our new helmet logo.

caribbeanhen
July 22nd, 2021, 08:07 PM
Typical Southland Media Day: Lazy questions, answers with little substance, learned nothing new about any of the programs. With the transfer portal wide open, you would think someone would have asked each coach about roster losses and additions, plus other specifics about each of their teams. Instead, softball after softball. The thing that really got me worked up was our opening highlight video which showed highlights from 2019. xconfusedxxdohx

At least we got to see our new helmet logo.

This is pretty much why I don’t watch any coaches show or media day

lionsrking2
July 22nd, 2021, 08:13 PM
This is pretty much why I don’t watch any coaches show or media day

I keep watching, year after year, only to get the Charlie Brown treatment. Years ago, when real beat writers still existed, things were different.

McNeese72
July 22nd, 2021, 09:27 PM
I keep watching, year after year, only to get the Charlie Brown treatment. Years ago, when real beat writers still existed, things were different.

I heard there was a grand total of five media people there.

Doc

lionsrking2
July 22nd, 2021, 09:47 PM
I heard there was a grand total of five media people there.

Doc
Shocker.

Libertine
July 23rd, 2021, 12:12 AM
A better look at the new helmet logo

At first glance, the placement of the "S" on the rear vent made me think that was a $ sign. xlolx

POD Knows
July 23rd, 2021, 08:13 AM
At first glance, the placement of the "S" on the rear vent made me think that was a $ sign. xlolxYea, it looks like they just covered a "slot" in the helmet with the logo. That logo is fugly. Put a lion or something on there. Are they hell bent to use the SLU in an effort to get people to quit using SELA to identify them, they will always be SELA to me. :D

lionsrking2
July 23rd, 2021, 08:21 AM
Yea, it looks like they just covered a "slot" in the helmet with the logo. That logo is fugly. Put a lion or something on there. Are they hell bent to use the SLU in an effort to get people to quit using SELA to identify them, they will always be SELA to me. :D
We're hellbent on using SLU because it's who we are and it's an homage to our helmet logo in the 80's. Looks great to us.

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2021, 08:25 AM

any news on where the Big 10 RB that bolted last year ended up?

I enjoyed watching him so much I can’t even remember his name. Ugh

lionsrking2
July 23rd, 2021, 08:33 AM
any news on where the Big 10 RB that bolted last year ended up?

I enjoyed watching him so much I can’t even remember his name. Ugh
You mean the one who got bolted? No clue.

POD Knows
July 23rd, 2021, 08:33 AM
We're hellbent on using SLU because it's who we are and it's an homage to our helmet logo in the 80's. Looks great to us.Yea, I get that, I actually like the logo on the helmet on your avatar better than the new one. Just breaking balls, trying to get my game face on, the season is just around the corner here.

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2021, 10:16 AM
You mean the one who got bolted? No clue.

i just know he’s gone, no clue what circumstances where but he looked like an emotional wreck