PDA

View Full Version : QBs Shine, Penalties In Abundance - SHSU Scrimmage

TexasTerror
August 11th, 2007, 05:14 PM
It's football time in Huntsville! Bomar impressed as did Hicks. The penalties are a bit bothersome, but it was the first time with an official for the Kats since the spring game. Let's see how these Kats do as the summer progresses. And it seems Bomar can still run...

http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/pics/action_brown_dirk.jpg

Head coach pleased with quarterbacks, upset with penalties as Bearkats close first week of camp with scrimmage

Aug. 11, 2007

Head Coach Todd Whitten was pleased with his top two quarterbacks but upset with the number of penalties and mental errors as Sam Houston State completed its first week of preseason football camp with an 80-minute scrimmage at Bowers Stadium Saturday.

Oklahoma transfer Rhett Bomar, quarterbacking the number one unit for 30 of the 100 plays during the scrimmage, completed seven of 10 passes for 105 yards. He also rushed five times for 47 yards.

Bomar threw a four-yard touchdown pass to tight end Blake Martin to complete an eight-play, 65-yard scoring drive to open practice. Bomar's 37-yard pass to running back Chris Poullard on the second play of the drive set up the score.

http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/scrimmage_03.html

TexasTerror
August 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Pictures from a fan...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2088694842

lambertjr
August 11th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the link. Nice pics.xthumbsupx

Green26
August 12th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I look forward to seeing Bomar kicking ass this season, and to having SHS back in the mix at or near the top. I can't imagine that he won't be a terrific player. Keep us posted.

patssle
August 12th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I think anything less than playoffs will be a huge dissapointment this year for us. We have some big players on the roster. We're coming off a near-championship season. Strength/Fitness records are being broken that dates back to McCown and Long.

A lot of people are going to be surprised on how good the Bearkats will be this year...

slycat
August 12th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I think anything less than playoffs will be a huge dissapointment this year for us. We have some big players on the roster. We're coming off a near-championship season. Strength/Fitness records are being broken that dates back to McCown and Long.

A lot of people are going to be surprised on how good the Bearkats will be this year...

why would people be suprised. theyve been picked 2nd in conference and top 25 in fcs.

patssle
August 12th, 2007, 01:24 PM
We've been picked 2nd and 3rd in the SLC by coaches and SID poll. People are picking us in the FCS poll because of Bomar. There's a whole lot more to this team than Bomar which I think will do the surprising.

To quote Bomar on being picked 3rd:

“People are excited about being picked near the top, but there are only seven teams so being third is near the bottom half to me. I think that is disrespectful, and we are going to come out and prove those people wrong when we finish first at the end of the year.”

PaladinFan
August 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM
From personal experience of watching Furman and Ingle Martin, one transfer like Bomar can escalate your program to a different level.

patssle
August 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Its been proven many times in the SLC alone with McCown, Long, and Nealy. Now Bomar..