PDA

View Full Version : First Take will be live from the Southern Heritage Classic in Memphis

ASU33
July 7th, 2021, 08:47 PM
It was announced earlier this year that ESPN First Take would broadcast from the site of the MEAC/SWAC Challenge on August 28th and The Celebration Bowl I'm December. It was announced today that First Take will be live at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis for the Annual Southern Heritage Classic between Jackson State and Tennessee State on September 10th.

https://hbcusports.com/2021/07/07/espns-first-take-bringing-show-to-southern-heritage-classic/

Panther88
July 8th, 2021, 12:19 AM
Good deal. We move forward.

kdinva
July 8th, 2021, 05:35 AM
Nice news.....

ASU33
July 8th, 2021, 08:09 AM
Nice news.....two more gigs for Jay Walker....(have to admit his enthusiasm is at the top)

Jay Walker is almost never on First Take plus the Southern Heritage Classic game itself is televised by Fox Sports, so I don't get the Jay Walker reference on this one!

OhioHen
July 8th, 2021, 10:01 AM
The Deion Sanders effect at Jackson State will continue to benefit the HBCU family (and to a lesser extent FCS in general).

Good on ESPN for recognizing that college football isn't all about the SEC.

Panther88
July 8th, 2021, 10:52 AM
Jay Walker is almost never on First Take plus the Southern Heritage Classic game itself is televised by Fox Sports, so I don't get the Jay Walker reference on this one!

"We" know precisely why and the impetus for bringing Jay's name into the convo. xreadx

Aside: did you see FAM's upgraded football locker room?

ASU33
July 8th, 2021, 12:02 PM
"We" know precisely why and the impetus for bringing Jay's name into the convo. xreadx

Aside: did you see FAM's upgraded football locker room?

Yep. The locker room upgrades and the upgrades to Bragg are very nice. Can't wait to see the stadium once they're done.

Panther88
July 8th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Yep. The locker room upgrades and the upgrades to Bragg are very nice. Can't wait to see the stadium once they're done.

Neat how they are upgrading sections of the stadium at specific intervals. Takes a lot of juggling and maneuvering. Kudos to their leadership.

Sonic98
July 8th, 2021, 07:08 PM
This is a good move, but the game should definitely be broadcast and not tape delayed. I would think if they have a few JSU games in mind to broadcast, the one with Eddie George on the other sideline would be one of them.

OhioHen
July 9th, 2021, 06:04 AM
This is a good move, but the game should definitely be broadcast and not tape delayed. I would think if they have a few JSU games in mind to broadcast, the one with Eddie George on the other sideline would be one of them.

Don't count it out, especially if both teams are having success leading up to that game.

Sonic98
July 13th, 2021, 08:07 PM
Don't count it out, especially if both teams are having success leading up to that game.

I guess we will see. Prime has been such a big story. You would think he and Eddie together would be one.