PDA

View Full Version : Around The FCS World In 38 Days

Mr. C
August 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM
For everyone who has been asking about the whereabouts of a certain FCS writer in past month, here is the answer:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/AGN4095921.htm

89Hen
August 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Golfing and eating... damn, my dream job. You hiring? :p

OL FU
August 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Good to see you back and looking forward to the TSN articles.

Sorry I missed you in Gville. I thought for sure you guys would be at the Hyatt again:(

mlbowl
August 9th, 2007, 04:33 PM
For everyone who has been asking about the whereabouts of a certain FCS writer in past month, here is the answer:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/AGN4095921.htm

awesome article:)

Cleets
August 9th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Whew..!!!
I needed that fix...

(Don't stay away so long)

And BTW: May I request that you post a link to all of your articles right here at AGS... (What can I say, I'm lazy) plus its good exposure for the FCS branded product I like to call "real football"

Thanks,
Now get back to work..!!! :D

Cleets
August 9th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Side note:
Didn't you just want to fart out loud when Tim Murphy said this to you:

The one dissenter among the coaches is Harvard's Tim Murphy.

"I don't think we have anything to prove," explains Murphy. "After we play our final regular season game against Yale, playing another game, whether it be a bowl game, or the playoffs, would be anticlimactic."

One thing that will not be anticlimactic will be the competitiveness of the Ivy League schedule.

"Yale has an unbelievable team returning," says Murphy, who hopes his Crimson can challenge the Bulldogs for the crown. "But there is not a lot of difference between the No. 2 and No. 8 teams in this league."

Above: quoted from David Coulson, Sports Network FCS Executive Director article on FCS preseason travel and move

chattanoogamocs
August 9th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Whew...I am just worn out from reading it. :)

SuperJon
August 9th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Mr. C, was that your first time meeting Coach Rocco? If so, what'd you think of him?

TheValleyRaider
August 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Colgate coach Dick Biddle has no trouble exhibiting his lack of interest in the media event as he answers questions about his Raider team. You get the impression that Biddle would have rather scheduled root canal surgery for the morning, a fact that his players confirm later in the afternoon.

Just like I'd expect Coach Biddle to sound xlolx xlolx

Mr. C
August 9th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Mr. C, was that your first time meeting Coach Rocco? If so, what'd you think of him?

No, it wasn't the first time. Danny is a good guy (all of the Big South coaches are exceptional to work with) and strikes me as being extremely genuine.

bulldog10jw
August 9th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Good job. I always enjoy reading your articles.

MR. CHICKEN
August 10th, 2007, 08:54 AM
MR. C................GOOD INK.............GET SOME VACATION IN...B/4....IT REALLY GETS "HAIRY"............xnodx....BRAWK!

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM
You're now a Hatboro-Horsham guy? Welcome to SE Pennsylvania.

OL FU
August 10th, 2007, 01:31 PM
"I don't think we have anything to prove," explains Murphy. "After we play our final regular season game against Yale, playing another game, whether it be a bowl game, or the playoffs, would be anticlimactic."

Interpretated as, "Now why would I want to go to Missoula or Boone and get my ass kicked after playing Yale"xsmiley_wix

HensRock
August 10th, 2007, 01:48 PM
TIP:
If you're going to be flying out of Philly, drop Delta and get on USAirways' FF program.

The planes won't be maintained any better, but you will not have to go through Cincinnati or Atlanta to get anywhere. Philly-to-Charlotte would be direct as they are both Hubs. In fact, I would bet they have Philly-Charlotte flights every hour.

Welcome to the area.

GoldandBlack
August 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Excellent article, Mr. C.

It's funny- some of your conversations in the article sound a lot like some of the discussions around here.

Odd, isn't it?xsmiley_wix

james_lawfirm
August 10th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Interpretated as, "Now why would I want to go to Missoula or Boone and get my ass kicked after playing Yale"xsmiley_wix

Do you fellers at Furman do a lot of interpretatin' down there? Golly. xsmiley_wix

Cleets
August 11th, 2007, 08:58 AM

you forgot one other part..

"Now why would I want to go to Missoula or Greeneville or Boone and get my ass kicked after getting my ass kicked by Yale

slostang
August 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Very nice article. Looks like you racked up some frequent flyer miles.

ngineer
August 11th, 2007, 01:32 PM
TIP:
If you're going to be flying out of Philly, drop Delta and get on USAirways' FF program.

The planes won't be maintained any better, but you will not have to go through Cincinnati or Atlanta to get anywhere. Philly-to-Charlotte would be direct as they are both Hubs. In fact, I would bet they have Philly-Charlotte flights every hour.

Welcome to the area.

You might want to check out Lehigh Valley International Airport outside of Allentown...Very convenient..Only question is whether you can get to where you want to go as quickly with not as many direct flights...but worth checking out before venturing into the Philly International nightmare.

OL FU
August 13th, 2007, 10:03 AM
you forgot one other part..

"Now why would I want to go to Missoula or Greeneville or Boone and get my ass kicked after getting my ass kicked by Yale

I can agree with all that. But Considering likely first or second round venues, the committee might send the mighty Paladins to Cambridgexnodx

putter
August 13th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Good to see you back Mr. C. Question, did McBride leave Weber for Utah? Just asking. I liked to hear about your trip just throw in a little more info about how each conference feels about their teams and where they will finish!! xthumbsupx

Fordham
August 13th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Great article ... despite Fordham being the only PL team not referenced :( .

That's a lot of ground to cover.

carney2
August 14th, 2007, 08:38 AM
What's your handicap? You seem to be playing more golf than some tour professionals. With all of that practice you ought to be in single digits.

Mr. C
August 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM
What's your handicap? You seem to be playing more golf than some tour professionals. With all of that practice you ought to be in single digits.

I'm sure it is going down, but it had a long way to come from. No where near single digits. Can't tell you an exact number. Been playing some tough course, too, which doesn't help the handicap.

Golf season, unfortunately, is over for me until football season is done.

Mr. C
August 14th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Great article ... despite Fordham being the only PL team not referenced :( .

That's a lot of ground to cover.

Unfortunately, the Fordham folks ducked out before I had a chance to talk to them. Some of these events have too many people to talk to, tucked into too little time to catch them all.

Mr. C
August 14th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Good to see you back Mr. C. Question, did McBride leave Weber for Utah? Just asking. I liked to hear about your trip just throw in a little more info about how each conference feels about their teams and where they will finish!! xthumbsupx

McBride is still coaching at Weber State. He was the coach at Utah BEFORE coming to Weber State (with a short stint as an assistant at Kentucky thrown in between after he was fired by Utah).

Look for some conference previews in the days ahead.

phillyAPP
August 14th, 2007, 09:17 AM
McBride is still coaching at Weber State. He was the coach at Utah BEFORE coming to Weber State (with a short stint as an assistant at Kentucky thrown in between after he was fired by Utah).

Look for some conference previews in the days ahead.

You need to change your location from Boone to AGS,any given stadium and Hatboro Horsham when the boss wants to meet.

Mr. C
August 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
You need to change your location from Boone to AGS,any given stadium and Hatboro Horsham when the boss wants to meet.

Technically, I'm still in both places right now (sounds a little like Star Trek, doesn't it?). I still have a house in the greater Boone area (I'm sure that line will get snickers, too) and am buying another place in Hatboro. Still have to move most of my belongings to Hatboro.

Ivytalk
August 14th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Side note:
Didn't you just want to fart out loud when Tim Murphy said this to you:

The one dissenter among the coaches is Harvard's Tim Murphy.

One thing that will not be anticlimactic will be the competitiveness of the Ivy League schedule.

"Yale has an unbelievable team returning," says Murphy, who hopes his Crimson can challenge the Bulldogs for the crown. "But there is not a lot of difference between the No. 2 and No. 8 teams in this league."

Above: quoted from David Coulson, Sports Network FCS Executive Director article on FCS preseason travel and move

Better start farting, Cleets! Murph will be keeping you in a methane haze for the next 6 years.:p

BTW, good article/travelogue, C.xthumbsupx

phillyAPP
August 14th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Technically, I'm still in both places right now (sounds a little like Star Trek, doesn't it?). I still have a house in the greater Boone area (I'm sure that line will get snickers, too) and am buying another place in Hatboro. Still have to move most of my belongings to Hatboro.

I have a daughter in West Chester and I have been commuting for 10 years. Its great having the best of both worlds. I have grown to Love southern living more and more. I do enjoy visiting philly once or twice a month.

You can be "PhillyAPP II" or "APPphilly"

Horsham is nice and great location to travel from. You can go North,south east, or west very easy. Turnpike tolls will eat you up, E-Z Pass is key.

First person I met in Winston Salem grew up in Horsham and played on the same all-star team with me in Narberth basketball league. We played with Russell Carter DB from 1978 Lower Merion High, SMU, NY Jets.

Thanks for getting back to writing.