PDA

View Full Version : Big school transfers are not automatic starters for Illinois State

CSN-info
August 9th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Big school transfers are not automatic starters for ISU football
Bloomington Pantagraph - IL, USA
Adam Blankenship and Brandon Joyce have learned.
And the Illinois State football players who transferred from a Football Bowl Subdivision program to the Football Championship Subdivision Redbirds don’t hesitate to share their knowledge that a step down in NCAA classification is not an assured ascension into stardom. ...
http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/08/08/sports/doc46ba8f603a3df820652050.txt

jstate83
August 9th, 2007, 03:45 PM
And they shouldn't be.
They have to earn a spot like everybody else.

GoGuins
August 9th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Back in 2000, YSU got a TB from Louisville named Eric Lockhart who in an interview said he expected to get 50 yds a carry because there was that much difference between 1A and I-AA

SuperJon
August 9th, 2007, 08:36 PM
We've got two I-A transfers that probably won't start this year, and another, that, if eligible, might not start (he went I-A, another I-AA, now us...local kid).

SoCon48
August 10th, 2007, 09:12 AM
This always the case as many had reasons that they were moving down to I-AA. Many have struggled for PT on their I-A team. Now on the other hand, if one has been a starter or had a lot of PT on the I-A team, he can usually work into the lineup pretty quickly, unless of course the I-A program was pretty sorry.
Too some have enough eligibility left that they weren't quite ready at their previous school but were on the way to earning a spot. But some just were never prime time material in the first place. Thus it should be no big surprise when the can't quite Hack it in the FCS either.