PDA

View Full Version : Southland Schools Get TV Games

GeauxLions94
August 7th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Six games so far on Cox Sports Television (New Orleans-based) with Southeastern Louisiana, Nicholls State, McNeese State and Northwestern State all getting multiple games.

More games to come possibly from Fox Sports Southwest (look for the Texas schools to get the majority of games).

Cox Sports to Air Southland Conference Games (http://www.lionsports.net/index.php?pid=headline&content=user&func=article&id=3214)

McTailGator
August 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Six games so far on Cox Sports Television (New Orleans-based) with Southeastern Louisiana, Nicholls State, McNeese State and Northwestern State all getting multiple games.

More games to come possibly from Fox Sports Southwest (look for the Texas schools to get the majority of games).

Cox Sports to Air Southland Conference Games (http://www.lionsports.net/index.php?pid=headline&content=user&func=article&id=3214)

Unfortunately, the texas schools will probably have to be willing to move their games to Thursday nights. I just hope that either both schools can have a say on a Thursday night change, or McNeese does NOT have to make any Thursday night trips.

BEAR
August 7th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Hopefully after that great televised game with SHSU, the TV gods will smile upon UCA and grant them at least one TV game. xconfusedx xlolx xlolx

Retro
August 7th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I saw this coming, less and less SLC games on major networks, regional or not... Cox is a pretty limited channel, not even available on satellite like all the fox regional channels and other sports stations.. Add to that, CSTV cutting back the past 2 years on their FCS coverage and all FCS teams are getting the leftovers from whatever is out there..

The fact that FoxSW hasn't announced their SLC games yet, tells me they are trying to fill time with the BIG 12 and PAC 10 as usual and other FBS teams first.

I wish The Football Network (TFN) would have gotten off the ground as they were already producing some I-AA games and were likely to show 4-5 games each weekend themselves...
Until a new Football Only channel, that isn't ESPN, NFL or FOX comes along, we won't see much improved coverage of FCS i'm afraid.

GeauxLions94
August 8th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I saw this coming, less and less SLC games on major networks, regional or not... Cox is a pretty limited channel, not even available on satellite like all the fox regional channels and other sports stations.. Add to that, CSTV cutting back the past 2 years on their FCS coverage and all FCS teams are getting the leftovers from whatever is out there..

The fact that FoxSW hasn't announced their SLC games yet, tells me they are trying to fill time with the BIG 12 and PAC 10 as usual and other FBS teams first.

I wish The Football Network (TFN) would have gotten off the ground as they were already producing some I-AA games and were likely to show 4-5 games each weekend themselves...
Until a new Football Only channel, that isn't ESPN, NFL or FOX comes along, we won't see much improved coverage of FCS i'm afraid.

Be prepared to watch Southland games (and probably other FCS conferences) from the comforts of your home computer. The networks are looking to get as many FBS games on as possible with Poker and other events used as filler. xmadx