PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Linebacker named to Buchanan watch list

blackfordpu
August 25th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Great article about the Payton and Buchanan awards. Very informative and nice talk about Mikulec.

SHSU linebacker named to Buchanan Award watch list
By Jason Barfield/Sports Editor

When Marcus Mikulec first arrived on campus at Sam Houston State University he was a scrawny kid out of Canton High School. Five years later, Mikulec is considered one of the best defensive players in all of Division I-AA.

Wednesday, The Sports Network named Mikulec one of 16 players on the watch list for the Buck Buchanan Award given annually to the nation's top defensive player in I-AA.

A total of 32 players have been chosen by The Sports Network, I-AA college football's most widely recognized information service, as official "Payton Watch" and "Buchanan Watch" members. The "Payton Watch" and "Buchanan Battle" pages, which can be found at The Sports Network's Web site (www.sportsnetwork.com)

The honors will be presented at the 19th annual I-AA College Football Awards on Dec. 15. The Eddie Robinson Award, honoring I-AA's top coach, and the Sports Network Cup, bestowed upon the nation's best I-AA mid-major program, will also be presented on Dec. 15th.

full story: http://www.itemonline.com/articles/2005/08/25/sports/todays_sports/sports01.txt