PDA

View Full Version : ETSU to play North Dakota State in 2024/2026.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
May 25th, 2021, 12:54 PM
This will be the first two times ETSU will be playing NDSU on the gridiron. I see this as a measuring stick game to see where we are within the FCS.

https://www.etsubucs.com/football/news/2020-21/17891/bucs-add-marquee-opponent-in-home-and-home/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Professor Chaos
May 25th, 2021, 01:12 PM
The NDSU admin has been busy apparently, they announced 3 other games in addition to this series and they moved a previously scheduled game with Central Arkansas: https://gobison.com/news/2021/5/25/football-ndsu-oregon-reschedule-for-2028-bison-add-four-non-conference-games.aspx

9/14/24 - at ETSU
11/22/25 - vs St Thomas
9/5/26 - vs ETSU
9/12/26 - at UCA (moved from 9/20/25)
9/19/26 - vs Austin Peay
9/2/28 - at Oregon

That last one will get Bison fans' blood pumping... even it is more than 2700 days away.

acbearkat
May 25th, 2021, 02:03 PM
The NDSU admin has been busy apparently, they announced 3 other games in addition to this series and they moved a previously scheduled game with Central Arkansas: https://gobison.com/news/2021/5/25/football-ndsu-oregon-reschedule-for-2028-bison-add-four-non-conference-games.aspx

9/14/24 - at ETSU
11/22/25 - vs St Thomas
9/5/26 - vs ETSU
9/12/26 - at UCA (moved from 9/20/25)
9/19/26 - vs Austin Peay
9/2/28 - at Oregon

That last one will get Bison fans' blood pumping... even it is more than 2700 days away.

I could see Oregon winning in a massive blowout. We'll see if that game is even played.

Professor Chaos
May 25th, 2021, 02:29 PM
I could see Oregon winning in a massive blowout. We'll see if that game is even played.
Are you saying NDSU would buy out because they're worried about getting blown out??? I can absolutely guarantee that wouldn't happen with the difficulty they've had finding FBS schools willing to play them... they also wouldn't have the money to swallow a buy out and leave that big guarantee check on the table regardless of how they felt about their chances to win.

This game was supposed to happen last September but got ruined by COVID. FWIW I think NDSU would've had a puncher's chance had that game happened with all the talent they would've had at their disposal in the fall.

POD Knows
May 25th, 2021, 02:42 PM
I could see Oregon winning in a massive blowout. We'll see if that game is even played.Do you follow football much or are you just a freaking troll.

acbearkat
May 25th, 2021, 02:45 PM
Are you saying NDSU would buy out because they're worried about getting blown out??? I can absolutely guarantee that wouldn't happen with the difficulty they've had finding FBS schools willing to play them... they also wouldn't have the money to swallow a buy out and leave that big guarantee check on the table regardless of how they felt about their chances to win.

This game was supposed to happen last September but got ruined by COVID. FWIW I think NDSU would've had a puncher's chance had that game happened with all the talent they would've had at their disposal in the fall.

Oregon would be the one to drop the game to schedule a more marquee matchup. I don't think an FCS school would ever drop a game against an FBS opponent.

acbearkat
May 25th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Do you follow football much or are you just a freaking troll.

Oregon could easily drop the game and schedule a marquee matchup (or what looks to be) as a replacement instead. North Dakota State certainly wouldn't drop the game. If the game ends up dropped, it will be on Oregon's part. These games are scheduled years in advance.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2021, 02:50 PM

I would have thought that game to be fairly even up last September. When we played them the year before they just did not look that much better than what we had out there and I would have expected the Griz to struggle more with NDSU than we did with Oregon.

With what NDSU has now without Trey and so forth it might not be the same sort of outcome but a lot of people lose money betting against NDSU on their sure thing FBS games.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2021, 02:51 PM
Very cool to see the ETSU and NDSU games. Always great to see teams getting out of their regions and playing games like this.

POD Knows
May 25th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Oregon could easily drop the game and schedule a marquee matchup as a replacement instead. North Dakota State certainly wouldn't drop the game. If the game ends up dropped, it will be on Oregon's part.That is not what I am referring to, of course they could drop the game but your assumption on the outcome displays a complete and total ignorance on NDSU's performance against FBS, is Oregon capable of boat racing NDSU, yea maybe, hell SIU boat raced us this year but I think NDSU's "play" against FBS teams deserves a little more respect than you offered here. You sound like every FBS clown that dropped the same weak smack in the days prior to their beloved FBS teams losing to the Bison.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Oregon could easily drop the game and schedule a marquee matchup as a replacement instead. North Dakota State certainly wouldn't drop the game. If the game ends up dropped, it will be on Oregon's part.

For sure but they (O) gets a home game with low payout in comparison and still get virtually the same money in...so they usually have that all thought out when they schedule these I think but things happen occasionally where it changes up and with the COVID year who knows how all this will shape up.

acbearkat
May 25th, 2021, 03:13 PM
That is not what I am referring to, of course they could drop the game but your assumption on the outcome displays a complete and total ignorance on NDSU's performance against FBS, is Oregon capable of boat racing NDSU, yea maybe, hell SIU boat raced us this year but I think NDSU's "play" against FBS teams deserves a little more respect than you offered here. You sound like every FBS clown that dropped the same weak smack in the days prior to their beloved FBS teams losing to the Bison.

I'm very well aware of what North Dakota State has done against FBS schools, including beating Kansas State not too long ago. If North Dakota State was playing Kansas, I would take North Dakota State to win that fairly handily (by at least 10 points if not more), as Kansas is not a good football team. We'll see how good Oregon is in the future. Being where I live, I follow both the Big 12 and SEC pretty closely (especially the Big 12). In fact, before this year, I had more Texas t-shirts than Sam Houston t-shirts (UT fan, Sam Houston alum and been following SHSU baseball and football since 2011, my first year in Huntsville). I think it's now about equal.

WestCoastAggie
May 25th, 2021, 03:14 PM
All we need now are for the Bison to make that trek to Greensboro, NC in 2025. xpeacex

Professor Chaos
May 25th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Oregon would be the one to drop the game to schedule a more marquee matchup. I don't think an FCS school would ever drop a game against an FBS opponent.
Well, it'll cost them $1M to buy out (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1397255511024746499) plus whatever they replace it with. Oregon usually plays an FCS game each year as they've got upcoming matchups with Stony Brook, Portland St (x2), EWU, and Idaho all before 2028. Maybe Oregon (or the Pac-12) changes their scheduling philosophy by the time 2028 rolls around and eliminates FCS games but if they don't they're not going to find a more "marquee" FCS opponent. I also get the feeling that the $675K they're giving NDSU as a guarantee will seem like a bargain compared to the going rate by that time.

rtzlunar
May 25th, 2021, 03:38 PM
This will be the first two times ETSU will be playing NDSU on the gridiron. I see this as a measuring stick game to see where we are within the FCS.

https://www.etsubucs.com/football/news/2020-21/17891/bucs-add-marquee-opponent-in-home-and-home/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Based on your prediction for ETSU for 2021 I’m surprised you’re not already calling for the Bison to be thrashed by the Bucs. 😂😂😂

FUBeAR
May 25th, 2021, 03:42 PM
Based on your prediction for ETSU for 2021 I’m surprised you’re not already calling for the Bison to be thrashed by the Bucs. 
That will be a separate thread…in the ETSU Discussion Forum soon to be added to the Main Menu here.

ST_Lawson
May 25th, 2021, 08:03 PM
NDSU at Oregon last fall - with Trey Lance, Dillon Radunz, and everyone...I would have put the odds at about even...maybe 3 pts towards Oregon.

NDSU at Oregon if they played now/this spring - not close...probably Oregon by 40.

NDSU at Oregon in 2028 - who knows. NDSU has been able to "reload" like nobody else in the past. Will that trend continue, or was this the year that they came back down from their lofty heights? At this point, I wouldn't bet against NDSU to be good enough 7 years down the road to make it a close game. And in 7 years, will Oregon be as good as they were under Chip Kelly a decade ago...or more like they were 5 years ago when they didn't even make a bowl game? It's really too far out to project for either team.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
May 26th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Based on your prediction for ETSU for 2021 I’m surprised you’re not already calling for the Bison to be thrashed by the Bucs. 

who do you think I am, chattownmocs or something?

ElCid
May 26th, 2021, 01:13 PM
Oregon could easily drop the game and schedule a marquee matchup (or what looks to be) as a replacement instead. North Dakota State certainly wouldn't drop the game. If the game ends up dropped, it will be on Oregon's part. These games are scheduled years in advance.

Not very likely. If they considered it because they think they have a shot at a national championship and want to boost their computer rankings, then history is not on their side. We've played Clemson, Alabama, Florida State all in years that they had Championship aspirations and Championship chances. And when it comes to computer rankings for the playoffs, if they are that good, playing NDSU would help since they probably wouldn't get many good FBS takers, only FBS teams on par with NDSU. Sure it's possible, but highly unlikely.

Flip it around and if they are in a low quality year hoping just to make a descent bowl, they would still probably want NDSU since they would take the probable W and a bowl counter, albeit maybe close, instead of playing a real good FBS team and maybe getting a bowl killing L.

Just some food for thought.