PDA

View Full Version : FCS over FBS Scalp Watch 2021

Pages : [1] 2

bonarae
May 22nd, 2021, 08:24 PM
With normalcy maybe coming this fall... let's start the scalp debate now!

There are 117 matchups from Week Zero to Week 12, with the bulk of the games in the first three weeks of the season. Weeks 5 and 6 have no such games.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-vs-fbs-games-2021-bzbz/

How many scalps will the FCS get? Let's aim for 10 or more! xprayx

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 22nd, 2021, 09:17 PM
Holy Cross vs UConn

Every so often, 5-10 years, a legitimately good PL team catches a bad FBS team at the perfect time. This game has that feel. The Crusaders should be a preseason Top 15 team imo while UConn is one of the 10-20 worst FBS programs/teams in the country.

The Huskies snuck past Holy Cross 27-20 in 2017...

acbearkat
May 22nd, 2021, 09:27 PM
Holy Cross vs UConn

Every so often, 5-10 years, a legitimately good PL team catches a bad FBS team at the perfect time. This game has that feel. The Crusaders should be a preseason Top 15 team imo while UConn is one of the 10-20 worst FBS programs/teams in the country.

The Huskies snuck past Holy Cross 27-20 in 2017...

UConn needs to drop down and UMass needs to drop back down. Those teams are terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhioHen
May 23rd, 2021, 06:37 AM
UConn needs to drop back down and UMass needs to drop back down. Those teams are terrible.

FIFY. UConn was in the I-AA Yankee Conference and it's successor Atlantic 10 Football until 1999.

kdinva
May 23rd, 2021, 12:01 PM
I love VMI's chances @ Kent St.

DFW HOYA
May 23rd, 2021, 12:30 PM
UConn needs to drop down and UMass needs to drop back down. Those teams are terrible.

Where do they go? The CAA is no longer a fit for UConn, not to mention what 40,000 seat Rentschler Field would look like versus Elon.

Sitting Bull
May 23rd, 2021, 12:53 PM
Where do they go? The CAA is no longer a fit for UConn, not to mention what 40,000 seat Rentschler Field would look like versus Elon.

The CAA is their best fit, same with UMass, though see no reason why they couldn’t go back to on campus games.

They never come close to filling Hartford whether it be Central Florida or Elon.

And Yale has no issue putting 6,000 in a stadium seating much more than Hartford. Ditto Penn.

lionsrking2
May 23rd, 2021, 01:29 PM
I think we'll have a good chance at Louisiana Tech -- especially if we get all of our injured defensive linemen back. We'll score points.

ASU33
May 23rd, 2021, 06:11 PM
Jacksonville State has a solid chance to get UAB to open the season!

Katfan
May 23rd, 2021, 06:57 PM
I’m pulling for UCA and JSU to get scalps

JSUSoutherner
May 23rd, 2021, 07:16 PM
Jacksonville State has a solid chance to get UAB to open the season!

A solid chance of getting our ass beat.

Anthony215
May 24th, 2021, 07:39 AM
A solid chance of getting our ass beat.

I was thinking the same thing. Pre program shut down UAB was terrible except their last year, but the rebirth of the program they are on the rise amongst G5 programs and with their new on campus stadium opening this fall it'll boost their recruiting greatly. I forsee them being a contender for the NY6 berth regularly within the next 2-3 seasons as long as they can retain/hire great HC/staffs as theirs will keep getting poached away similar to what's happened at Temple where they have success and P5 programs (BC, GT, Miami, Baylor) come and swoop in and take their HC.

BigBlueMU
May 24th, 2021, 07:51 AM
Keep an eye on Monmouth vs Mid Tennessee. MU with a ton of momentum going into the fall going against a bottom half CUSA team.

acbearkat
May 24th, 2021, 08:10 AM
One to watch out for is South Dakota over Kansas. The Jayhawks will be terrible this year, and that's a game the Coyotes can easily win. Also, because of the timing of Les Miles' departure, the new Kansas staff won't have much time to install the new offense and defense. Another thing is, Kansas just doesn't have much depth right now. Charlie Weis decimated the Kansas roster by going heavy JUCO in recruiting, and the Jayhawks just haven't been able to dig out of that hole.

BEAR
May 24th, 2021, 08:35 AM
I’m pulling for UCA and JSU to get scalps

UCA played UAB last fall and it wasn’t a blowout. Only lost by ten. However our game this fall against ASU in Jonesvegas is likely to be a win for the red woofs. Our team last fall would have given them a run but this team is very young and I’m easily predicting will need at least a year to mature before it can give ASU or SHSU any kind of fight. No biggie. We are typically only down one year and we usually do the things that bring us back stronger.

acbearkat
May 24th, 2021, 08:49 AM
Another one to potentially look out for would be Houston Baptist over New Mexico. UNM is just not a good team, and HBU might be able to pull it off, as they nearly beat Texas Tech last year. However, Houston Baptist is also not a good team.

mmiller_34
May 24th, 2021, 08:54 AM

Probably the same as it does vs any other team.

acbearkat
May 24th, 2021, 08:57 AM
UMass has both Maine and Rhode Island on their schedule this year in back to back weeks. Those could be games the Black Bears and Rams win, as UMass is not a very good team.

acbearkat
May 24th, 2021, 09:04 AM
Another one to look for is UIW over Texas State. The Bobcats went 2-10 last year.

McNeese72
May 24th, 2021, 09:09 AM
McNeese at LSU. It "ain't" going to happen. Probably the only thing interesting about that game with be QB Cody Orgeron playing against his dad's team.

Doc

SFA 93
May 24th, 2021, 09:26 AM
Second game of the season with SFA at Texas Tech, not sure how much the Red Raiders will have improved off of their 4-6 season with second year coach Matt Wells. The Red Raiders barely beat a very bad Kansas team 16-13 as well.

The Lumberjacks, historically never fare well in these FBS games, so I don't expect to see them win it, but however, if they do play like they did for the first 3 quarters at Memphis at the end of the 2020 season, I see them being at least competitive.

Daytripper
May 24th, 2021, 09:36 AM
After a cursory glance at these matchups, I think the following could produce an FBS scalp:

EWU @ UNLV
S. Dakota @ Kanasas
Monmouth @ Middle Tennessee St.
Holy Cross @ UCONN
UCA @ Arkansas State
VMI @ Kent State
SE Louisiana @ La. Tech
Jackson State @ UL Monroe
UIW @ Texas State
Rhode Island @ UMass

acbearkat
May 24th, 2021, 09:41 AM
Second game of the season with SFA at Texas Tech, not sure how much the Red Raiders will have improved off of their 4-6 season with second year coach Matt Wells. The Red Raiders barely beat a very bad Kansas team 16-13 as well.

The Lumberjacks, historically never fare well in these FBS games, so I don't expect to see them win it, but however, if they do play like they did for the first 3 quarters at Memphis at the end of the 2020 season, I see them being at least competitive.

One of Texas Tech's biggest issues last year was the offense. They averaged 28.6 points per game. Former Tech quarterback Sonny Cumbie was brought in to be the offensive coordinator, and I believe Tech will be better on offense this fall. Alan Bowman, who transferred to Michigan, had a hard time staying healthy. I see the Red Raiders being 6-6 or 7-5 this year. Tech also narrowly beat a bad Baylor team 24-23.

Chalupa Batman
May 24th, 2021, 12:10 PM
After a cursory glance at these matchups, I think the following could produce an FBS scalp:

EWU @ UNLV
S. Dakota @ Kanasas
Monmouth @ Middle Tennessee St.
Holy Cross @ UCONN
UCA @ Arkansas State
VMI @ Kent State
SE Louisiana @ La. Tech
Jackson State @ UL Monroe
UIW @ Texas State
Rhode Island @ UMass

I would add SDSU @ Colorado State. Even without Gronowski they still have a decent shot. I would actually favor the Jacks if he was playing.

Daytripper
May 24th, 2021, 01:58 PM
I would add SDSU @ Colorado State. Even without Gronowski they still have a decent shot. I would actually favor the Jacks if he was playing.

Agree. I missed that one.

acbearkat
May 24th, 2021, 02:22 PM
As I stated in a previous post on this thread, Maine plays UMass as well. I could see that being a win for the Black Bears.

melloware13
May 24th, 2021, 02:24 PM
When I first saw it show up I thought this year's Delaware @ Rutgers game could be a prime pick, but Schiano might have them back on track a bit too much (rather than being on the tracks waiting to be run over by the train that is the Big Ten East).

McNeese75
May 24th, 2021, 03:19 PM
Wut???? No McNeese over LSU with Coach O's son running the McNeese offense??????

xlolx

Daytripper
May 24th, 2021, 03:20 PM
Wut???? No McNeese over LSU with Coach O's son running the McNeese offense??????

xlolx

I WANTED to make that pick, but.....

McNeese75
May 24th, 2021, 03:24 PM
I WANTED to make that pick, but.....

Maybe we concentrate on the spread :D

BigBlueMU
May 25th, 2021, 07:28 AM
If this was 2020, you would have been right picking Delaware. Monmouth had Rutgers to open up the lost 2020 season and I really thought that was prime for a scalping. But I think your right with Schiano having them back "on track."

When I first saw it show up I thought this year's Delaware @ Rutgers game could be a prime pick, but Schiano might have them back on track a bit too much (rather than being on the tracks waiting to be run over by the train that is the Big Ten East).

acbearkat
May 25th, 2021, 08:00 AM
As usual, most of these games will get ugly and get ugly fast.

acbearkat
May 25th, 2021, 12:30 PM
Montana State plays Wyoming. That could be a win for the Bobcats.

SFA 93
May 25th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Payouts for these games

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2021-fbs-payouts-bzbz/

SFA gets $525,000 for Tech game.

The biggest payout

Youngstown State at Michigan State: $725,000

lionsrking2
May 25th, 2021, 01:17 PM
Payouts for these games

The biggest payout

We're getting $600,000 to not play Nebraska. What a country!

acbearkat
May 25th, 2021, 02:07 PM
Here's something crazy. Jacksonville State is getting more money to play UAB than Florida State. I thought Florida State would have paid them at least $500,000, but they're only paying the Gamecocks $350,000, while UAB is paying them $400,000. Florida State gets millions of dollars from the ACC television contracts, and quite a bit more from the bowl game payouts, and they're giving Jacksonville State $350,000?

SHSU90
May 25th, 2021, 02:36 PM
Here's something crazy. Jacksonville State is getting more money to play UAB than Florida State. I thought Florida State would have paid them at least $500,000, but they're only paying the Gamecocks $350,000, while UAB is paying them $400,000. Florida State gets millions of dollars from the ACC television contracts, and quite a bit more from the bowl game payouts, and they're giving Jacksonville State $350,000?

Cock Nation is taking it on the chin on this game!
Should have been 500k at least

lionsrking2
May 25th, 2021, 02:59 PM
Cock Nation is taking it on the chin on this game!
Should have been 500k at least

They're playing for the second year in a row so maybe a lower payout in year 2 was part of the negotiation to get the second game. How much was the payout last year?

Sitting Bull
May 25th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Kent State is paying VMI more than UVA is to W&M.

Probably one more reason Ms Huge was dismissed.

lionsrking2
May 25th, 2021, 04:57 PM
Kent State is paying VMI more than UVA is to W&M.

Probably one more reason Ms Huge was dismissed.

400k is low for a P5 but it's a bus ride and you won't have to drop 80-100k for a charter flight. You'll net more than VMI.

FUBeAR
May 25th, 2021, 05:30 PM
400k is low for a P5 but it's a bus ride and you won't have to drop 80-100k for a charter flight. You'll net more than VMI.
6 hr 23 minute drive from Lexington, VA to Kent, OH. Over 8 hours drives between VMI & Mercer and VMI & Samford. VMI can certainly bus the trip to Kent State if they choose to.

katss07
May 25th, 2021, 06:17 PM
We’ve already had one this year, just technically not this season, when Tarleton embarrassed New Mexico State 43-17. NMSU should honestly just drop and join the WAC. They need to stop trying to chase UNM. NMSU gets $266 million less than New Mexico, is located in a smaller town and gets $15 million less for athletic spending. I understand they want to be competitive for students but dropping would allow them to divert more money to basketball.

I can see UConn losing multiple games to FCS teams this year (Yale and Holy Cross). I think Maine/UMass, Yale/UConn, Holy Cross/UConn and South Dakota/KU are games the FCS teams should be favored in.

I think UIW vs. Texas State could be a sleeper... similar programs in similar areas. Eric Morris has turned the Cardinals into a Top 25 team. Winning the Southland and taking that program to the playoffs was just the tip of the iceberg, I think they could win the Southland consistently when the others leave for the WAC. I’m not convinced TXST has far better talent than UIW. They’re really just a rich WAC or Southland team with a big stadium. NAU could also sneak up and beat Arizona IMO. Wildcats were really bad last year and fired their coach.

Panther88
May 25th, 2021, 07:03 PM
PVAMU will keep the a&m system $$$$ in-house to the tune of 500K$ to get outclassed by sec power txa&m.

If the band is requested, addt'l check for 150K$.

57 minute drive from PV's front door.

acbearkat
May 25th, 2021, 07:05 PM
PVAMU will keep the a&m system $$$$ in-house to the tune of 500K$ to get outclassed by sec power txa&m.

If the band is requested, addt'l check for 150K$.

57 minute drive from PV's front door.

SEC Power? TCU has more ten win seasons in the last 20 years than A&M.

Panther88
May 25th, 2021, 07:59 PM

big xii vs sec though. I have no dog in their hunt. The big checks will stay inside the a&m system; that's all we care about.

OhioHen
May 26th, 2021, 05:54 AM
big xii vs sec though. I have no dog in their hunt. The big checks will stay inside the a&m system; that's all we care about.

It's always good when the money stays in state. Even better when it stays within the same budgetary system.

JacksFan40
May 26th, 2021, 08:59 AM
There’s three MVFC games to watch out for.

USD @ Kansas - As has been mentioned already, Kansas is just the absolute worst. Throw in the Les Miles fiasco and they might be in worse shape than usual.

SDSU @ Colorado State - If Gronowski or Gibbs were healthy I’d say SDSU is the favorite, without either it’s a toss up.

UND @ Utah State - Utah State hasn’t been great the past few years, and UND seems to be emerging as legitimate contenders.

The other one to watch is UNI @ Iowa State, because UNI always keeps it close it seems like.

JacksFan40
May 26th, 2021, 09:01 AM

A&M was arguably the 2nd best SEC team last year, and is on the right track with Jimbo Fischer. TCU has been mediocre at best the past few seasons. A&M would stomp TCU if they played now.

acbearkat
May 26th, 2021, 09:11 AM
A&M was arguably the 2nd best SEC team last year, and is on the right track with Jimbo Fischer. TCU has been mediocre at best the past few seasons. A&M would stomp TCU if they played now.

To call A&M an SEC power is laughable. They've been among the most underachieving programs over the last 20 years. They'll take a step back this year, due to inexperience at quarterback. Ultimately, a good rule of thumb to follow regarding both Texas and Texas A&M is don’t believe the hype until they live up to it, even though the hype around Texas running back Bijan Robinson is real. He broke several Texas records for running backs last year as a true freshman.

Daytripper
May 26th, 2021, 09:11 AM

This is accurate.

Panther88
May 26th, 2021, 09:19 AM
It's always good when the money stays in state. Even better when it stays within the same budgetary system.

Precisely. There's a lot more competitive politic'ing occurring about tx systems in terms of growth and recruiting/accessibility corridors.

"aggie" expressway anyone? xreadx

Panther88
May 26th, 2021, 09:24 AM
To call A&M an SEC power is laughable. They've been among the most underachieving programs over the last 20 years. They'll take a step back this year, due to inexperience at quarterback.

abc, 20 years ago isn't fall 2021. As much as it irks me to admit it, those guys are loaded w/ talent and as someone alluded to earlier, they were a solid #2 behind 'bama in terms of talent, speed, size, strength, depth, coaching, etc. They return a lot and it's my understanding the 2nd coming of JM-clone is on their campus as I type.

Personally, I wish they would lose every single game they play but we all know that will not happen just as long as texas has a governor, a house, a senate, and the association of former students. xlolx

JacksFan40
May 26th, 2021, 09:44 AM
To call A&M an SEC power is laughable. They've been among the most underachieving programs over the last 20 years. They'll take a step back this year, due to inexperience at quarterback. Ultimately, a good rule of thumb to follow regarding both Texas and Texas A&M is don’t believe the hype until they live up to it, even though the hype around Texas running back Bijan Robinson is real. He broke several Texas records for running backs last year as a true freshman.
Texas firing Herman will cause them to remain in their state of mediocrity, but I believe Fischer has A&M on the right track. Especially given how wide open the SEC is outside of Alabama, they should be good again.

acbearkat
May 26th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Texas firing Herman will cause them to remain in their state of mediocrity, but I believe Fischer has A&M on the right track. Especially given how wide open the SEC is outside of Alabama, they should be good again.

I'll jump in and say this as a Texas fan (SHSU alum; wouldn't have gone to Texas even if I had been able to get in since UT doesn't offer a Criminal Justice degree). Tom Herman needed to be fired (you won't find many UT fans who will say otherwise). He should have been fired after year three, instead of year four. He made terrible staff hires, made baffling personnel decisions, and didn't do anything to make the boosters happy (he really upset the boosters with how the Eyes of Texas situation was handled). Recruiting was beginning to slip. The state of Texas the last couple of years has had really good offensive line classes, and the Longhorns whiffed big time, only signing two offensive lineman for the 2021 class, and neither of them were blue-chippers. Apathy was beginning to set in amongst the fan base. Texas would have seen season ticket sales significantly decrease if Herman had been brought back for a fifth season, so Chris Del Conte was left without much of a choice, but to fire Herman. Herman's firing was only a matter of time anyway. He wasn't going to last past this season. By the way, Tom Herman is a former SHSU assistant.

Right now, the only major men's sport at Texas that is doing anything is baseball. Arguably, baseball is just as big of a deal at UT as football is, and Texas' current head baseball coach is David Pierce, who ended up getting his head coaching career started at Sam Houston.

McNeese72
May 26th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Maybe we concentrate on the spread :D

I am concentrating on that $600K. We really need it.

Doc

McCowboys
May 26th, 2021, 10:31 AM

xlolx

McNeese doesn't have a chance because Coach O. was at every McNeese spring game scouting the team. Unfair!

acbearkat
May 26th, 2021, 12:06 PM
I know we are talking about games this coming fall, but Lamar plays New Mexico State in 2022, and I think the Cardinals will have a shot there.

Big_Fan
May 28th, 2021, 09:31 PM
I'll jump in and say this as a Texas fan (SHSU alum; wouldn't have gone to Texas even if I had been able to get in since UT doesn't offer a Criminal Justice degree). Tom Herman needed to be fired (you won't find many UT fans who will say otherwise). He should have been fired after year three, instead of year four. He made terrible staff hires, made baffling personnel decisions, and didn't do anything to make the boosters happy (he really upset the boosters with how the Eyes of Texas situation was handled). Recruiting was beginning to slip. The state of Texas the last couple of years has had really good offensive line classes, and the Longhorns whiffed big time, only signing two offensive lineman for the 2021 class, and neither of them were blue-chippers. Apathy was beginning to set in amongst the fan base. Texas would have seen season ticket sales significantly decrease if Herman had been brought back for a fifth season, so Chris Del Conte was left without much of a choice, but to fire Herman. Herman's firing was only a matter of time anyway. He wasn't going to last past this season. By the way, Tom Herman is a former SHSU assistant.

Right now, the only major men's sport at Texas that is doing anything is baseball. Arguably, baseball is just as big of a deal at UT as football is, and Texas' current head baseball coach is David Pierce, who ended up getting his head coaching career started at Sam Houston.

If he stays off the sauce, Sark will be a massive upgrade, and his staff knows how to win. Tejas will be giving Bama-like results in a couple of years. I say that as someone who doesn't like Tejas.

bonarae
July 19th, 2021, 06:31 AM
Bumping this thread as we have almost 45 days left before the FCS Kickoff. Do you think there will be any changes in the number of FCS scalps with the portal closing up shop for this fall?

Libertine
July 19th, 2021, 11:18 AM
If he stays off the sauce, Sark will be a massive upgrade, and his staff knows how to win. Tejas will be giving Bama-like results in a couple of years. I say that as someone who doesn't like Tejas.

It won't matter. Texas' problems go far far far far far beyond the head coach. There are so many fingers in the athletics pie at UT that head coaches of the marquee sports have minimal amount of control over their program and are consistently undermined by outside forces. It happened to Tom Herman, it happened to Charlie Strong, it happened to Mack Brown -- who won a national championship for them!! -- and it will happen to Sark.

VandalBasher
July 19th, 2021, 02:26 PM
Payouts for these games

The biggest payout

Actually, they don't list the Idaho-Indiana game as part of the payouts because it was originally scheduled as an FBS-FBS game. I think the payout is over a cool million.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/08/31/penn-state-must-pay-idaho-after-fcs-move/2149656001/

Idaho similarly collected $1.2 million for playing at Florida last season, Florida athletics spokesman Steve McClain confirmed. And according to documents Idaho provided in response to an open-records request, the school has a contract with Indiana for games in 2021 and 2022 at Indiana that are set to pay $1.2 million and $1.3 million.

BASHER

UNH72Plus
July 21st, 2021, 09:23 AM
40 or so years ago I attended the Holy Cross/BC game that Holy Cross won.

Sader87
July 21st, 2021, 01:43 PM
40 or so years ago I attended the Holy Cross/BC game that Holy Cross won.

Both were 1-A/FBS the year HC last won this game in 1978.

zmck222
July 21st, 2021, 02:12 PM
I think this video fits the thread perfectly!
https://youtu.be/0j6FJH3HYhE

Outsider1
July 21st, 2021, 04:44 PM
Nope....

CHIP72
July 21st, 2021, 10:03 PM
I only read part of the first page, but I'm thinking there should also be a "D2 over FCS Scalped Watch 2021" thread.

apaladin
July 21st, 2021, 11:25 PM
Actually, they don't list the Idaho-Indiana game as part of the payouts because it was originally scheduled as an FBS-FBS game. I think the payout is over a cool million.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/08/31/penn-state-must-pay-idaho-after-fcs-move/2149656001/

Idaho similarly collected $1.2 million for playing at Florida last season, Florida athletics spokesman Steve McClain confirmed. And according to documents Idaho provided in response to an open-records request, the school has a contract with Indiana for games in 2021 and 2022 at Indiana that are set to pay $1.2 million and $1.3 million.

BASHER

They only list 78 of the 117 games so the list is far from complete.

bonarae
August 15th, 2021, 08:29 AM
13 days until the FCS kickoff... let's reopen this thread!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2021-08-13/6-potential-fcs-over-fbs-upsets-2021-college-football-season?utm_campaign=trending

TLDR:
1. Jacksonville State at UAB
2. EWU at UNLV
3. USD at KU
4. SDSU at Colorado State
5. HC at UConn
6. Montana State at Wyoming

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2021, 08:50 AM
I only read part of the first page, but I'm thinking there should also be a "D2 over FCS Scalped Watch 2021" thread.

True!

I would like too see FCS vs lower division sked

Libertine
August 15th, 2021, 02:46 PM
True!

I would like too see FCS vs lower division sked

Done.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?277325-D2-(or-lower-div)-over-FCS-Scalp-Watch&p=2982463#post2982463

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2021, 05:53 PM
Done.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?277325-D2-(or-lower-div)-over-FCS-Scalp-Watch&p=2982463#post2982463

I greatly appreciate it!

bonarae
August 30th, 2021, 09:49 PM
Week 1 is on starting Wednesday.

Docket of Money Games for this week:

Wednesday
Jacksonville State vs. UAB (Montgomery, AL)
Thursday
Eastern Washington at UNLV

Western Illinois at Ball State

Weber State at Utah

UT Martin at Western Kentucky

Southern Utah at Arizona State

The Citadel at Coastal Carolina

Long Island University at FIU

Wagner at Buffalo

Houston Baptist at New Mexico

UC Davis at Tulsa
Friday
South Dakota at Kansas
Saint Francis at Eastern Michigan
Northern Colorado at Colorado
Saturday

Montana at Washington

Montana State at Wyoming

Nicholls at Memphis

Gardner-Webb at Georgia Southern

Monmouth at Middle Tennessee

Duquesne at TCU

Northwestern State at North Texas

Holy Cross at UConn

Fordham at Nebraska

Portland State at Hawaii

Colgate at Boston College

South Dakota State at Colorado State

Southern at Troy

William & Mary at Virginia

Northern Iowa at Iowa State

Lafayette at Air Force

Campbell at Liberty
Central Arkansas at Arkansas State

Eastern Illinois at South Carolina

ETSU at Vanderbilt

Abilene Christian at SMU
Missouri State at Oklahoma State

Norfolk State at Toledo

Bethune-Cookman at UTEP

How many scalps will the FCS get this week?

FCS record: 0-1 (for 2021)

ElCid
August 30th, 2021, 11:06 PM
How many scalps will the FCS get this week?

FCS record: 0-1 (for 2021)

I feel optimistic and am going to call it three. SDSU, Cent Ark, and HC all have a shot. Maybe E Wash and JSU. But probably one that nobody expects will win.

JacksFan40
August 30th, 2021, 11:08 PM
I feel optimistic and am going to call it three. SDSU, Cent Ark, and HC all have a shot. Maybe E Wash and JSU. But probably one that nobody expects will win.
USD has to be high up since they play that absolute dumpster fire that is Kansas.

ElCid
August 30th, 2021, 11:19 PM
USD has to be high up since they play that absolute dumpster fire that is Kansas.

Yeah but they are still a 20 point underdog. I don't see it happening. The Jayhawks will be hungry for a W.

acbearkat
August 31st, 2021, 11:54 AM
Yeah but they are still a 20 point underdog. I don't see it happening. The Jayhawks will be hungry for a W.

Kansas is a BAD football team. They didn’t win a game last year, and many of their games weren’t even competitive.

Libertine
August 31st, 2021, 12:52 PM
Kansas is a BAD football team. They didn’t win a game last year, and many of their games weren’t even competitive.

They don't have the Les Miles / Jeff Long circus in town anymore though. They brought in Lance Liepold who won 24 games in the last three years at Buffalo -- yes, Buffalo! -- and is probably better known for winning six DIII national championships in seven years at UW-Whitewater. With that kind of resume, I doubt they start off his tenure getting snipped by a team that was blown out by Youngstown St just a few months ago.

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2021, 01:44 PM
Maybe JSU.
Not even a snowball's chance.

ElCid
August 31st, 2021, 03:07 PM
Maybe JSU.

Not even a snowball's chance.

I'm getting this for you.

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2021, 03:15 PM
I’ll take just one maybe two

Libertine
August 31st, 2021, 03:33 PM
I'll say two. I feel good about HC, EWash, Monmouth, and SoDakSt but I'll say only two of them get the breaks going their way enough to pull it off. Believe it or not, I'll also say that Houston Baptist has a puncher's chance; they won't be good but New Mexico won't be either.

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2021, 03:34 PM
I'm getting this for you.

It's literally not.

Carolina010
August 31st, 2021, 05:32 PM

I keep seeing people pick this b game as an option. Kansas may be a BAD football team but USD is just as bad or worse. Their 1 win in the spring was against Illinois state and the Redbirds gifted them that game with 7 turnovers. USD is young up front young at QB and their best receiver has been hampered by a leg injury the last few weeks. Kansas may be bad but I don’t see how USD can keep it close.

Sitting Bull
September 2nd, 2021, 12:00 PM
I really thought JSU had a shot, especially on a neutral field.

We typically get about 5 scalps. The CAA typically gets 1. Will be interesting to see where they come as the actual scalps are not those most often presumed possible.

ElCid
September 2nd, 2021, 12:04 PM

We typically get about 5 scalps. The CAA typically gets 1. Will be interesting to see where they come as the actual scalps are not those most often presumed possible.

They looked just fine most of the first half. Their O let them down. That stud transfer QB is not as good as people thought...hoped. Hence probably why he the transferred.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2021, 01:42 PM

Im not counting on any

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 05:30 PM
BetMGM now has Eastern Washington favored at -120 over UNLV.

SonuvaHenx2
September 2nd, 2021, 09:50 PM
Congrats to UC-Davis, way to go Aggies!

JacksFan40
September 2nd, 2021, 09:52 PM
UC-Davis grabs first scalp.
EWU tied with UNLV 0-0 in early 2nd.
Weber keeping it close with Utah, 19-7 at start of the 3rd.

There’s a chance at three scalps on Thursday alone.

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 09:54 PM
Don't look now but Houston Baptist is only down by 7 in the 4th at New Mexico.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2021, 09:58 PM

Great to see it

AggiePride
September 2nd, 2021, 10:13 PM

Not gonna lie, pretty stoked to start the season like that.xhurrayx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2021, 10:31 PM
Gotta give UC-Davis props! That was a great win for the Aggies! I remember when they were transitioning to 1-AA/FCS and managed to take down Stanford. Tulsa is better than the Cardinal were at that point. UC-Davis may very well be on a mission to make-up for their 2019 disappointments...

AAC is having a rough night....ugh...

ElCid
September 2nd, 2021, 11:10 PM
Gotta give UC-Davis props! That was a great win for the Aggies! I remember when they were transitioning to 1-AA/FCS and managed to take down Stanford. Tulsa is better than the Cardinal were at that point. UC-Davis may very well be on a mission to make-up for their 2019 disappointments...

I remember that as well. Long time ago now.

Great win tonight.

Daytripper
September 2nd, 2021, 11:17 PM
Props to UC Davis!!

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 11:27 PM
Looks like EWU is going to pull scalp #2 [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ElCid
September 2nd, 2021, 11:31 PM
Looks like EWU is going to pull scalp #2 [emoji106]

Yeah, they score again and it will be tough to lose. Their D seems to be fired up.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 11:37 PM
Yeah, they score again and it will be tough to lose. Their D seems to be fired up.Yup big sky and D is like military and intelligence..

Coastal is good... though your guys had a bit more for them?

ElCid
September 2nd, 2021, 11:52 PM
Yup big sky and D is like military and intelligence..

Coastal is good... though your guys had a bit more for them?

Our guys were sleep walking the entire first half. Tackling was horrible. But CCU is better than I expected as well.

Looks like EWU is craping the bed. Still time if they settle down and score. Keep our fingers crossed.

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 11:59 PM
EWU with the late INT, back in business. Game still tied at 20

katss07
September 3rd, 2021, 12:03 AM
Oh man!!! EB3 is for real.

Libertine
September 3rd, 2021, 12:11 AM
EWU misses their 3rd FG of the game as time expires. Going to OT

ElCid
September 3rd, 2021, 12:12 AM
OMG I can't believe EWU misses the chip shot FG for the win. Unbelievable. OT.

ElCid
September 3rd, 2021, 12:20 AM
We got a barn burner EWU ties it up in OT 27-27.

Libertine
September 3rd, 2021, 12:20 AM
EWU and UNLV trade quick TD's in the 1st OT 27-all

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2021, 12:21 AM
Every time Berriere drops back like that about 10 yds deep in the pocket he's probably gonna scorch ya with a deep pass or juke you and run. That dude does well giving up real estate before snatching back from you.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2021, 12:24 AM
Eh, nevermind. He did a normal drop back on that one.

ElCid
September 3rd, 2021, 12:25 AM
This game is crazy. One play to score again and then the tipped catch on the 2 pointer. Crazy, but good on them. Lets see if their D is up to stopping them.

Libertine
September 3rd, 2021, 12:28 AM
Lets see if their D is up to stopping them.

Nope. Craziest game of the night

katss07
September 3rd, 2021, 12:29 AM
Scalp!

ElCid
September 3rd, 2021, 12:30 AM
Game over, nice stop. Scalp #2 unless the video replay says otherwise.

Libertine
September 3rd, 2021, 12:30 AM
I take it back. The D was good by 1 yard. Eagles win!

CockyGeek
September 3rd, 2021, 02:46 AM
Who had UC-Davis over Tulsa? What a shocker. ⚡

SonuvaHenx2
September 3rd, 2021, 05:14 AM
Well done Eagles! 👏 👏👏

WestCoastAggie
September 3rd, 2021, 06:08 AM
2 Scalps in 2 night? Nice job Big Sky!

Anthony215
September 3rd, 2021, 07:22 AM

Hopefully Temple makes up for our conference brothers and can upset Rutgers tomorrow afternoon.

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2021, 08:43 AM
Every time Berriere drops back like that about 10 yds deep in the pocket he's probably gonna scorch ya with a deep pass or juke you and run. That dude does well giving up real estate before snatching back from you.Is that guy ever going to freaking graduate xlolx

ysubigred
September 3rd, 2021, 08:45 AM
Is that guy ever going to freaking graduate xlolxLOL. Reminds me of that UNI player a few years back 12th year red shirt Sr. [emoji57]

JALMOND
September 3rd, 2021, 09:06 AM
2 scalps for the Big Fluffy.xnodxxthumbsupx

ST_Lawson
September 3rd, 2021, 09:25 AM
Is that guy ever going to freaking graduate xlolx

That was my thought too. Feels like the guy's lived on the Payton Award Watch List for like the last decade.

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2021, 09:31 AM
That was my thought too. Feels like the guy's lived on the Payton Award Watch List for like the last decade.Jeezus, the guy played against NDSU in the Natty which seems like hundred years ago. Freaking Stick was the NDSU QB and he has been in the NFL for a long time. Hell, he will finish this year and then grad transfer to Oregon and try and play QB there or something.

wapiti
September 3rd, 2021, 09:53 AM
Who had UC-Davis over Tulsa? What a shocker. ⚡

I did.

JALMOND
September 3rd, 2021, 10:05 AM
I did.

Good call. I had the Aggies at first, then I saw Tulsa was the American Conference runner-up last year so I talked myself out of it. xoopsx

crusader11
September 3rd, 2021, 10:41 AM
Way to go, Big Sky!!

JALMOND
September 3rd, 2021, 01:51 PM
Can the Big Sky get two more? xeyebrowx

Montana at Washington
Montana State at Wyoming
Portland State at Hawaii

Not likely. I'd say the best chance is probably Montana State, followed by Montana, Portland State and Northern Colorado.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2021, 04:50 PM
Is that guy ever going to freaking graduate xlolx

Same thing I was thinking last night. WTF? I think he was part of the championship team in 2010.:D

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2021, 04:51 PM
That was my thought too. Feels like the guy's lived on the Payton Award Watch List for like the last decade.

Well, great minds bump their heads going for the same joke....except I'm way late and still not reading ahead!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2021, 04:54 PM

Montana at Washington
Montana State at Wyoming
Portland State at Hawaii

Not likely. I'd say the best chance is probably Montana State, followed by Montana, Portland State and Northern Colorado.

All seem really long shot outside of maybe MSU but I'm not too educated on FBS teams.

BNATION
September 3rd, 2021, 05:13 PM
I’ll take SDSU by 8 points tonight.

JALMOND
September 3rd, 2021, 05:22 PM
All seem really long shot outside of maybe MSU but I'm not too educated on FBS teams.

From what I've been hearing indirectly out here (and seeing as well), it seems the Pac-12 is pretty strong and legit this year. Both Colorado and UDub are supposed to be near the top of their own divisions so the Griz and UNC may have their hands full. Wyoming and Hawaii may be vulnerable, but with the Cats having a new coaching staff and not playing during the spring, and the Viks having only the one game against the Griz this past spring, I'm not too confident about those either.

grizband
September 3rd, 2021, 05:29 PM

Montana at Washington
Montana State at Wyoming
Portland State at Hawaii

As much as I'd love to see Montana pull off the upset tomorrow, Montana State seems to be the most likely (and only realistic) candidate for a victory tomorrow.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2021, 06:30 PM
Hey look who showed up! Good to see you gb!

Daytripper
September 3rd, 2021, 07:24 PM
Kansas is making South Dakota look good.

acbearkat
September 3rd, 2021, 07:25 PM
Kansas is making South Dakota look good.

Kansas is terrible.

Daytripper
September 3rd, 2021, 07:27 PM
Kansas is terrible.

I think they may have a future with Lance Leipold.

acbearkat
September 3rd, 2021, 10:13 PM
South Dakota just took the lead over Kansas, 14-10 with 5:13 left in the game.

bonarae
September 3rd, 2021, 10:35 PM
Ooh, so close but no cigar :(

Kansas 17, USD 14

acbearkat
September 3rd, 2021, 10:36 PM
Ooh, so close but no cigar :(

Kansas 17, USD 14

Watching the Kansas students Storm the field was embarrassing to watch.

Libertine
September 3rd, 2021, 10:42 PM
Watching the Kansas students Storm the field was embarrassing to watch.

Considering they haven't won a game in nearly two calendar years, I'll give them a pass.

ElCid
September 3rd, 2021, 11:07 PM
Wow, SDSU is putting the hurt on Colorado St. They will have to fall apart big time to lose this scalp. Fun to watch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2021, 11:22 PM
This SDSU vs Colorado State game reminds me very much of the JMU-East Carolina game a few years ago. A loaded FCS team going into a G5 program's (one with some good history) house and simply kicking their butt for 60 minutes....

Catbooster
September 3rd, 2021, 11:41 PM
From what I've been hearing indirectly out here (and seeing as well), it seems the Pac-12 is pretty strong and legit this year. Both Colorado and UDub are supposed to be near the top of their own divisions so the Griz and UNC may have their hands full. Wyoming and Hawaii may be vulnerable, but with the Cats having a new coaching staff and not playing during the spring, and the Viks having only the one game against the Griz this past spring, I'm not too confident about those either.
Agreed

- - - Updated - - -

SDSU is looking impressive.

katss07
September 3rd, 2021, 11:55 PM
Colorado State would finish sixth in the Big Sky

Sitting Bull
September 4th, 2021, 07:16 AM
A dominating win for the Jacks, very impressive.

Daytripper
September 4th, 2021, 07:51 AM
Congratulations to the Jackrabbits. Well done. And oh so close for the Coyotes. The state of South Dakota should be proud.

CockyGeek
September 4th, 2021, 07:52 AM
Can't believe Kansas stormed the field after their upset win.

dewey
September 4th, 2021, 09:25 AM
Can't believe Kansas stormed the field after their upset win.

Probably there only win for the season.

Dewey

ysubigred
September 4th, 2021, 09:27 AM
Can't believe Kansas stormed the field after their upset win.Anytime you beat a MVFC team it's a big deal!

[emoji2958]

ysubigred
September 4th, 2021, 09:30 AM
Man the Jack's look impressive.. no doubt they're a force to be reckon with.. I had CSU beating them. I'll keep my day job..

Billnonymous
September 4th, 2021, 10:16 AM
This SDSU vs Colorado State game reminds me very much of the JMU-East Carolina game a few years ago. A loaded FCS team going into a G5 program's (one with some good history) house and simply kicking their butt for 60 minutes....

I went to that game with a friend, we got seats in the premium ECU season ticket holder section. Before the game the people in that section were taunting our linemen for being fat, with their bellies showing, making FCS jokes, though we were national champs. 1st half they continued the taunting. 3rd quarter, Cardon Johnson broke free for an 85 yard TD, the smack talk eased up. Then he sped off for another 80 yard TD, silence. Marcus Marshall busts through for a 70 yard run and the same taunters were telling us we had a heck of a football team and I thanked them for the $350,000 donation to our program.

ysubigred
September 4th, 2021, 10:19 AM
I went to that game with a friend, we got seats in the premium ECU season ticket holder section. Before the game the people in that section were taunting our linemen for being fat, with their bellies showing, making FCS jokes, though we were national champs. 1st half they continued the taunting. 3rd quarter, Cardon Johnson broke free for an 85 yard TD, the smack talk eased up. Then he sped off for another 80 yard TD, silence. Marcus Marshall busts through for a 70 yard run and the same taunters were telling us we had a heck of a football team and I thanked them for the $350,000 donation to our program.Great story ^^ similar to the YSU vs Pitt story when we took them to the wood shed [emoji106]

ST_Lawson
September 4th, 2021, 10:46 AM
Great story ^^ similar to the YSU vs Pitt story when we took them to the wood shed [emoji106]

That's always fun seeing over-confident FBS fans have to eat a bit of crow, especially when it isn't even close. You get to walk out of there with a nice paycheck, a win, and a bit of swagger in the early season.

We had one of those when we beat Eastern Michigan back in '03, 34-12. Led the entire game, then pulled away in the 4th quarter. The next week we had another FBS game, but against Nick Saban's eventual national champion LSU team...hung with them until about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter (only down by 6 points) before they pulled away. Didn't win that one, but I think we put a bit of a scare into them.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Man, does Fordham have a chance against Nebraska, that would be beyond awesome if Fordham won.

JacksFan40
September 4th, 2021, 11:19 AM
Man, does Fordham have a chance against Nebraska, that would be beyond awesome if Fordham won.
If that happens Scott Frost will be fired before he even gets back to the locker room. That program is such a dysfunctional mess.
Kind or disappointed SDSU didn’t get to play them last year, I think we’d of won.

Reign of Terrier
September 4th, 2021, 11:23 AM
SDSU got a little bit more than the scalp of Colorado state lol

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 11:23 AM

Eh, it's early. Depth will soon play it's part. HC looking good though.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2021, 11:29 AM
Eh, it's early. Depth will soon play it's part. HC looking good though.HC has a real chance against UConn, I made the comment about Fordham as they were driving and then they threw a pick.

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 11:34 AM
HC has a real chance against UConn, I made the comment about Fordham as they were driving and then they threw a pick.

Colgate also looking tough against BC. Early though. I think they eventually get worn down as well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Fordham really hanging in against the Huskers!

NU 7-0 End of 1Q...Ram ball around midfield 1st and 10 to start 2Q

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 11:40 AM
Fordham really hanging in against the Huskers!

NU 7-0 End of 1Q...Ram ball around midfield 1st and 10 to start 2Q

Yeah, I'm flipping between Colgate, Fordham, and HC. All three doing ok. Just saw that nice Fordham run....and now the TD! very cool.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 11:40 AM
TD Fordham!!

7-7 14:14 2Q

crusader11
September 4th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Fordham's OC Kevin Decker will be fielding calls for a bigger job after this season.

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 12:16 PM
Both Fordham and Colgate fading fast. HC ahead, again. They can pull it out.

acbearkat
September 4th, 2021, 03:53 PM
Holy Cross beat UCONN 38-28 for another scalp.

The Yo Show
September 4th, 2021, 04:11 PM
UNI with an early lead on #7 Iowa State

Chalupa Batman
September 4th, 2021, 04:14 PM
Congrats to Holy Cross! Very nice win.

Catbooster
September 4th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Montana State up on Wyoming 7-3 at halftime

JALMOND
September 4th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Montana State up on Wyoming 7-3 at halftime

Big Sky trying to get another. xthumbsupx

MSUBobcat
September 4th, 2021, 05:01 PM
MSU punt return TD called back on a pretty weak block in the back. Still 7-3. 4:13 left in the 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 05:04 PM
#7 Iowa State 13 Northern Iowa 10 Half

yooo!!

bwbear
September 4th, 2021, 06:55 PM
UCA up 7-3. Playing tough against ASU’s offense.

knit35
September 4th, 2021, 07:25 PM
If W&M can find a pulse on offense they have a chance right now 3-0 UVA in the 2nd

BEAR
September 4th, 2021, 07:30 PM
Halftime
UCA 7
Arky lite 6

UCA can’t get the offense going. Ugh

MUHAWKS
September 4th, 2021, 07:50 PM
MONMOUT DOWN 21-7 AT THE HALF AFTER BEING TIED 7-7 WITH LIKE 6 MIN TO PLAY. WE Had the ball at their40 , tie game and had a blind side Blitzer come free forced a fumble and game changed. They scored on that short field drive to go up 14-7. Their first score was a punt return TD. Then with a minute left we fumbled on our own 30 which set up their last score which was a guy with no one within 10 yards of him in endzone. Momnmouth is just as good as this team, it is 2-3 mental errors that is the difference. Sucks b/c it is not like their speed or size or depth or overall talent made it 21-7, it was really turnovers with short fields. MTS gets the ball to start the 2nd half. If we can hold them on this first drive I feel we can get back in this and have this be a game that comes right down to the last drive. And we are doing it without 4 starters which is not an excuse b/c that is not the difference.

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 08:13 PM
ETSU making waves at Vandy. Up 7-3 with 6 min til half...and the ball.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 08:15 PM

I put this game on as "background noise" with the belief ETSU could hang in; relatively speaking. If they can keep it up into the second half i'll zone in more.

acbearkat
September 4th, 2021, 08:16 PM

Vanderbilt isn’t a good football team.

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 08:18 PM
I put this game on as "background noise" with the belief ETSU could hang in; relatively speaking. If they can keep it up into the second half i'll zone in more.

I am pretty sure it will a typical second half SEC/FCS game. But who knows. Vandy ain't great.

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 08:22 PM
ETSU with 41 Yd FG to make it 10-,3 ETSU. 224 til half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 08:24 PM
ETSU with 41 Yd FG to make it 10-,3 ETSU. 224 til half.

Nice to see them get points there! The Bucs legitimately look good given the nature (FCS vs FBS/SEC) of the opponent...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 08:25 PM
Griz hanging tough with Washington!

Honestly, this is one of the better FCS vs FBS days I can remember. The wins might not be there but the competitiveness/respectability is...

bonarae
September 4th, 2021, 08:28 PM
ETSU leads the Dores 10-3 in the waning minutes of the first half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 08:35 PM
ETSU 10-3 at Half

The Bucs look poised to get a scalp. Time will tell if they do...

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 08:44 PM
Griz hanging tough with Washington!

Honestly, this is one of the better FCS vs FBS days I can remember. The wins might not be there but the competitiveness/respectability is...

I was thinking the same thing. But I am going to be a downer and chalk it up to the weirdness of the last year. Maybe not, but even the FBS/FBS game I briefly tuned into, the teams looked in a fog at times. You can really tell the well coached teams by how well they prepared. Plus I really think that some FCS teams got a boost by spring play. Just spit balling.

Reign of Terrier
September 4th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Even though they only have 10 points, ETSU looks the most crisp of all non-Samford socon teams this weekend. Considering this is an SEC opponent (even if Vandy), they look like a top 3 socon team (at least)

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 08:46 PM
Even though they only have 10 points, ETSU looks the most crisp of all non-Samford socon teams this weekend. Considering this is an SEC opponent (even if Vandy), they look like a top 3 socon team (at least)

Yup. I watched every game so far and that checks.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 09:00 PM
ETSU is beating Vandy up front. They're poised to score again after a long run!

ETSUfan1
September 4th, 2021, 09:04 PM
13-3. Needed 7….

bonarae
September 4th, 2021, 09:05 PM
ETSU settles for a FG.

13-3, 8:42 Q3

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 09:06 PM
13-3. Needed 7….

I agree...that felt like an important sequence....

uofmman1122
September 4th, 2021, 09:13 PM
The Griz might be winning if we had capable QB play. Cam Humphrey hasn’t been on target at all tonight.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 09:15 PM
ETSU holds on 4th and 6! Vandy had a TD called back due to a linemen down field....

ETSUfan1
September 4th, 2021, 09:27 PM
15 minutes

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 09:31 PM
Bucs holding tough. Another score could ice it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 09:31 PM
15 minutes

Defense is playing great! Just have to avoid mistakes at this point!

Chalupa Batman
September 4th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Montana scores to take the lead against #20 Washington with just over 10 minutes left.

Missouri State had a chance to tie Oklahoma State after OSU muffed a kickoff, but failed on 4th down. 2 minutes left & Bears still have all 3 timeouts left.

JALMOND
September 4th, 2021, 09:37 PM
The Griz might be winning if we had capable QB play. Cam Humphrey hasn’t been on target at all tonight.

Griz winning now. 10-7 over UDub. 10:35 left 4th

uofmman1122
September 4th, 2021, 09:37 PM
HUMPHREY IN FOR THE TD!!!

Griz lead 10-7!!!

Chalupa Batman
September 4th, 2021, 09:39 PM
Montana scores to take the lead against #20 Washington with just over 10 minutes left.

Missouri State had a chance to tie Oklahoma State after OSU muffed a kickoff, but failed on 4th down. 2 minutes left & Bears still have all 3 timeouts left.

Oklahoma State has the ball up 7 with 2 minutes left, Bears with all 3 timeouts. Run, timeout, followed by 2 incomplete passes. Bears 70 yards away from tying the game with 1:34 left and 2 timeouts

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 09:39 PM
HUMPHREY IN FOR THE TD!!!

Griz lead 10-7!!!

Wow, this would be a historic level win! C'mon Griz!

ETSU is hanging in there too!!

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 09:45 PM
Wow. Chalk up another scalp. ETSU scoop and score. Game!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 09:45 PM
Scoop and score TD for ETSU! That should do it!! Wow! No fluke! ETSU is no joke!

Bucs 20-3 8:26 4Q

ETSUfan1
September 4th, 2021, 09:46 PM
LETS GOOOO

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 09:48 PM
That ETSU player put the jets on once he had it. Unbelievable speed acceleration. Vandy ain't going to score three times in 8 minutes. Not with how ETSU D has played. Good job!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 09:50 PM
Griz nearing the red zone....

Reign of Terrier
September 4th, 2021, 09:51 PM
This is going to be a great win by ETSU. Really, the only "bad" thing I can say about it is that Vandy looks very very bad. ETSU can't do anything about that though. They're playing fundamentally sound, not turning the ball over, running the ball strong, and their young QB is making good decisions. This is a solid win against a program that's supposed to be superior. ETSU looks like the better team because they are.

JALMOND
September 4th, 2021, 09:56 PM
Griz make a FG, up now 13-7 on UW. 3 mins left 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
ETSU has given up 30 yards in penalties this drive...still some time. Vandy has put in another QB...

The 'Dores have struggled the last 2 years but prior to that they're not REAL bad. Generally a lot of 6-6, 5-7, 4-8 meh. The almost always give a Georgia, Auburn, Florida a run for their money. Never win but the moral victories count for something in Nashville....

Chalupa Batman
Missouri State gets down to the 25 but a couple of sacks kills the rally. Oklahoma State survives 23-16.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 09:58 PM
Griz kick a FG

13-7...Finish this!

JALMOND
September 4th, 2021, 10:00 PM
UW 4th down pass incomplete. Griz take over on downs. 1:28 left 4th Griz up 13-7.

Reign of Terrier
September 4th, 2021, 10:01 PM
They whipped them.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 10:01 PM
ETSU with a 100 yard pick 6!! But the Buc player back peddles into the end zone, gets called for taunting which wipes out the TD...

acbearkat
September 4th, 2021, 10:02 PM
Unsportsmanlike conduct? Give me a break.

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 10:04 PM
ETSU with a 100 yard pick 6!! But the Buc player back peddles into the end zone, gets called for taunting which wipes out the TD...

Wow. Poor judgement there, but game was already over.

JALMOND
September 4th, 2021, 10:05 PM
Griz just sealed the game on a 50 yard FG, 16-7 Montana with just over a minute left.

- - - Updated - - -

Griz just sealed the game on a 50 yard FG, 16-7 Montana with just over a minute left.

Spoke too soon. Kick no good. UW ball. 1 minute left.

Reign of Terrier
September 4th, 2021, 10:05 PM
23-3 ETSU

Chalupa Batman
September 4th, 2021, 10:06 PM
Congrats to the Griz and the Buccaneers! Really good day and week for the FCS

Edit: lol posted this thinking the 50 yarder was good. Hopefully they hold on

ElCid
September 4th, 2021, 10:06 PM
This is a great thread. Historic weekend for FCS.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 10:08 PM

Best opening Saturday I can ever remember! Usually I scoff at these FCS vs FBS threads but I can't today. FCS was a great, great showing....

Chalupa Batman

Yes, some nice wins and many close calls. More competitive games than any year in recent memory.

JALMOND
Congrats to the Griz and the Buccaneers! Really good day and week for the FCS

Edit: lol posted this thinking the 50 yarder was good. Hopefully they hold on

Griz just intercepted a UW pass at the Montana 43.

The Yo Show
September 4th, 2021, 10:09 PM
Interception should do it.

Congrats Griz!

dewey
Huge wins by ETSU and Montana.

Dewey

JALMOND
Montana 13, Washington 7

Great win, Griz

bonarae
FINAL from Seattle:

Griz 13
UDub 7

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2021, 10:10 PM
Montana 13, Washington 7

Great win, Griz

Congrats Montana

FCS looked really good this weekend

The Yo Show
September 4th, 2021, 10:11 PM
Congrats to ETSU as well with the Win over Vandy

HensRock
September 4th, 2021, 10:12 PM
Way to go GRIZ !!!!!

Chalupa Batman
September 4th, 2021, 10:14 PM
Congrats Montana

FCS looked really good this weekend

Didn't you predict only 1 win or something like that?

Reign of Terrier
September 4th, 2021, 10:15 PM
Final
ETSU 23
Vanderbilt 3

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Final
ETSU 23
Vanderbilt 3

Complete domination!

Serpentor
September 4th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Of all the years for SHSU NOT to have an FBS opponent... *sigh*

uofmman1122
September 4th, 2021, 10:20 PM
It’s finally our turn!!

Unbelievable! I am levitating!

Serpentor
September 4th, 2021, 10:28 PM
It’s finally our turn!!

Congrats!

ysubigred
September 4th, 2021, 10:34 PM
Damn the Griz are for real..

Great job beating the Huskies..

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 10:34 PM
It’s finally our turn!!

As a former resident of Montana, I can only imagine the excitement in Grizland! Congrats!!

JacksFan40
September 4th, 2021, 10:46 PM
After this week what all is left for possible scalps?
I know UND has a great chance next week against Utah State, and maybe Illinois State against WMU. Beyond that is there any others?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 10:55 PM
I know UND has a great chance next week against Utah State, and maybe Illinois State against WMU. Beyond that is there any others?

Yale vs Uconn for sure!

Maine vs UMass? Kennesaw State vs Georgia Tech? Illinois State vs WMU? UND vs Utah State? UIW vs Texas State?

At this point there seem to be more possibilities....

Roamingriz
September 4th, 2021, 10:56 PM
For so much of it I was so unimpressed with the O. But it is some sort of a long slow and steady wear you down sort of offense that finally found root late in the 3rd into the 4th. Those last 2-3 drives made Udub look gassed. Love it!

acbearkat
September 4th, 2021, 10:57 PM

My prediction about the Texas game was spot on. I said Texas would beat Louisiana-Lafayette by three scores. Texas won by 20. [emoji243][emoji1598]

Also, Eat Em Up Kats!

JacksFan40
September 4th, 2021, 10:59 PM
Yale vs Uconn for sure!

At this point there seem to be more possibilities....
Just looking ahead to next week I already see five good opportunities. UND vs Utah State, NC A&T vs Duke, VMI vs Kent State, Illinois State vs WMU, and maybe Kennesaw State vs Georgia Tech.
As the season goes on I’m sure there’s a few more, like you pointed out with Yale vs UConn. I also believe Incarnate Word plays Texas State so that’s another one.

JacksFan40
September 4th, 2021, 11:00 PM
My prediction about the Texas game was spot on. I said Texas would beat Louisiana-Lafayette by three scores. Texas won by 20. [emoji243][emoji1598]

Also, Eat Em Up Kats!

I wasn’t confident in Texas mostly because it’s Texas, and I wasn’t sure how well they’d do under a new coach. Also I thought Louisiana would be a bit tougher.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2021, 11:00 PM
Just looking ahead to next week I already see five good opportunities. UND vs Utah State, NC A&T vs Duke, VMI vs Kent State, Illinois State vs WMU, and maybe Kennesaw State vs Georgia Tech.
As the season goes on I’m sure there’s a few more, like you pointed out with Yale vs UConn. I also believe Incarnate Word plays Texas State so that’s another one.

I just updated my post (found the list on the first page of this thread) and came up with those as well!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2021, 11:01 PM
For so much of it I was so unimpressed with the O. But it is some sort of a long slow and steady wear you down sort of offense that finally found root late in the 3rd into the 4th. Those last 2-3 drives made Udub look gassed. Love it!

Yeah, it is hard to see us winning in a game like this where we just did not have it going with offense and we committed so many really dumb penalties too. As you said it was as if the roles were completely reversed here. This is what you would expect from the P5 team but it looked like we took their soul late in the 3rd.

I expected this Griz team to be very good. I did not expect this however.

apaladin
September 4th, 2021, 11:07 PM
So it was 7 total, correct?

bonarae
September 4th, 2021, 11:18 PM
So it was 7 total, correct?

I can only count 6 scalps so far.

ST_Lawson
September 4th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Yeah, it is hard to see us winning in a game like this where we just did not have it going with offense and we committed so many really dumb penalties too. As you said it was as if the roles were completely reversed here. This is what you would expect from the P5 team but it looked like we took their soul late in the 3rd.

I expected this Griz team to be very good. I did not expect this however.

Man, it would really suck to be the next team that has to play Montana...especially if they are traveling to Washington-Grizzly Stadium to do it...

[checks schedule]

https://i.imgur.com/hZXm08z.jpg

fencer24
September 4th, 2021, 11:30 PM
Man, it would really suck to be the next team that has to play Montana...especially if they are traveling to Washington-Grizzly Stadium to do it...

[checks schedule]

Funniest post of the night/

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2021, 11:38 PM

[checks schedule]

Geez, if it were at night game at that place and it was a team that Montana was ofer against and that provided any sort of fuel then maybe...