PDA

View Full Version : WAC/ASUN 2021 Offseason

Pages : [1] 2

Daytripper
May 19th, 2021, 11:44 AM
As the glow of a national championship slowly fades, it is time to look at the soon-to-be-arriving Fall 2021 football season. The WAC and the ASUN have agreed to combine their members for this one season in order to be playoff eligible for the fall. Neither conference on their own qualifies for an automatic bid to the playoffs, but the combination does.

From what I have noticed, AGS has fans and posters from all of these schools except Dixie State. I hope some find their way here.

Let's discuss the matchups, potential success (or failure) of the different teams, and any other relevant football topics.

The temporary conference includes:
-Current ASUN members Central Arkansas, Eastern Kentucky and Jacksonville State
-Current WAC and former Southland members Abilene Christian, Lamar, Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin
-Transitioning D-II and current WAC members Dixie State and Tarleton State

WAC/ASUN Conference schedule: This does not include any OOC games that teams will play:

9/25:
SH @ UCA; ACU @ Lamar

10/2:
UCA @ ACU; TSU @EKU; SH @ SFA (BOTPW at NRG)

10/9:
ACU @ EKU; SFA @ JSU; Lamar @ SH

10/16:
Lamar @ACU; EKU @ UCA; TSU @ DSU

10/23:
UCA @ Lamar; SFA @ DSU; JSU @ SH

10/30:
ACU @ SFA; UCA @ JSU; Lamar @EKU; SH @ TSU

11/6:
ACU @ JSU; DSU @ SH; EKU @ SFA; Lamar @ TSU

11/13:
TSU @ ACU; SFA @UCA; EKU @ SH; JSU @ Lamar

11/20:
SH @ ACU; UCA @ TSU; JSU @ EKU; SFA @ Lamar

JSUSoutherner
May 19th, 2021, 11:56 AM
JSU goes 5-6 and Grass isn't renewed.

Please.

SFA 93
May 19th, 2021, 12:03 PM
SFA is getting a new field as we speak, as the other one was showing some wear.

The track is also getting a new coat.

I'm going to miss the state of Texas on the field, but glad we are getting a new field for the start of a new era in the WAC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1IOul2XMAcvZpY?format=jpg&name=900x900

BEAR
May 19th, 2021, 12:14 PM
UCA Fall 2021 schedule: Waaaaay to early prediction. xlolx

September 4, 2021 Away Arkansas State Loss: FBS paycheck
September 11, 2021 Away Missouri State Toss up: These two teams enjoy this game. Well, the fans do anyway.
September 18, 2021 Home Arkansas - Pine Bluff: Win: Should be but UAPB is playing some good football.
September 25, 2021 Home Sam Houston: Likely loss. Sam returns many players and the Bears are freshman heavy.
October 2, 2021 Away Abilene Christian: Toss up. ACU has come so close so often. Is it their time?
October 16, 2021 Home Eastern Kentucky: Should be a win but EKU is more familiar with us now after last fall.
October 23, 2021 Away Lamar. Likely win. But close to a toss-up IMO.
October 30, 2021 Away Jacksonville State. Not sure on this one. Don't know JSU's situation.
November 6, 2021 Home Texas Wesleyan University. Win. Should be over a D2 anyway. But who knows...
November 13, 2021 Home Stephen F. Austin. Toss up. SFA seems to get a ton of transfer talent. They could win this and I wouldn't be surprised. Again, we are freshman heavy.
November 20, 2021 Away Tarleton State. Win maybe? Saw them this past year. They gave the SLC a good fight. More of an unknown for me.

Overall record predicted: 7-4 optimally. Losses to Ark State and Sam most likely. SFA and JSU could be. Just too many unknowns with Tarleton, JSU, and UAPB (doing so well).

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 12:40 PM
UCA Fall 2021 schedule: Waaaaay to early prediction. xlolx

September 4, 2021 Away Arkansas State Loss: FBS paycheck
September 11, 2021 Away Missouri State Toss up: These two teams enjoy this game. Well, the fans do anyway.
September 18, 2021 Home Arkansas - Pine Bluff: Win: Should be but UAPB is playing some good football.
September 25, 2021 Home Sam Houston: Likely loss. Sam returns many players and the Bears are freshman heavy.
October 2, 2021 Away Abilene Christian: Toss up. ACU has come so close so often. Is it their time?
October 16, 2021 Home Eastern Kentucky: Should be a win but EKU is more familiar with us now after last fall.
October 23, 2021 Away Lamar. Likely win. But close to a toss-up IMO.
October 30, 2021 Away Jacksonville State. Not sure on this one. Don't know JSU's situation.
November 6, 2021 Home Texas Wesleyan University. Win. Should be over a D2 anyway. But who knows...
November 13, 2021 Home Stephen F. Austin. Toss up. SFA seems to get a ton of transfer talent. They could win this and I wouldn't be surprised. Again, we are freshman heavy.
November 20, 2021 Away Tarleton State. Win maybe? Saw them this past year. They gave the SLC a good fight. More of an unknown for me.

Overall record predicted: 7-4 optimally. Losses to Ark State and Sam most likely. SFA and JSU could be. Just too many unknowns with Tarleton, JSU, and UAPB (doing so well).

Lamar should be a runaway win. That team stunk up the joint against Sam Houston in March, and beat a bad Northwestern State team, who beat UIW, because UIW didn't have a defense and gave up 707 yards of offense to Northwestern State. Tarleton State will need at least a few recruiting classes to adjust to being a Division I program, but they could give some teams a scare. They just don't have the depth right now.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 12:44 PM
I think Lamar will struggle. If they get a team that can stop the run, good luck trying to move the football, unless they move to a spread option attack, which would honestly be better for them in recruiting than the triple option.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 12:47 PM
Tarleton State plays at SFA September 4. I could be at that game. I'm planning on getting a tattoo that weekend. It would be less of a hassle for me to attend an SFA night game, than it would a Sam Houston night game, because I wouldn't have to find hotel reservations. I could drive straight home after the game, since I live about 30 minutes from the SFA campus.

SFA 93
May 19th, 2021, 01:01 PM
Yes, SFA gets their fair share of transfers, but due to the extra year granted to players, the players returning from injuries, and those who opted out of 2020, the roster is pretty stacked.

The FBS transfers that we did get for the 2021 season, with the exception of one, have played little, to no games at all, but have upside potential.

RB: REED MILES (HAWAII) 5-8; 190 (JR.)
G:33;R:286;YDS:1,384;AVG:5.0;TD:9;REC:21;YDS:147
- Started at Hawaii for most of the 2020 season, and looked really good at the SFA spring game, quick and hard to find behind the big OL men.

WR: DARRYLE SIMMONS (VIRGINIA TECH) 6-2; 212 (SO.)
- Has yet to play a game, injury issues, but played in SFA spring game and is a nice big target for us.

TE: KESHON WILLIAMS (TULANE) 6-3; 245 (SO.)
- Played in 3 games at Tulane, no stats.

DE: JAMES SYLVESTER JR. (BAYLOR) 6-4; 243 (FR.)
- Has yet to play a game.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Puddin is the only Lamar poster I've seen on here, so far.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 01:16 PM
The staff is getting a break for a little bit, and then next month will be a busy month in terms of recruiting. I expect some commitments in June and July.

BEAR
May 19th, 2021, 01:40 PM
How young is your team? (to anyone)

UCA has 42/100 players with the word "freshman" in their description in some form and only 10 seniors. OUCH. xeekx

Daytripper
May 19th, 2021, 01:46 PM
Sam Houston's two OOC games are at Northern Arizona (I might try to make the trip to Flagstaff) and SEMO in Huntsville.

SHSU90
The staff is getting a break for a little bit, and then next month will be a busy month in terms of recruiting. I expect some commitments in June and July.

Doubtful very many this roster returns plus they have big incoming class
Then add the transfers from Memphis Navy and Tulsa not many roster spots
Btw you are very Prepared to know you are getting a Tat on Sept 4th
Also there is no SHSU game that weekend in Huntsville they are on the road at N Arizona

BNATION
SH @ UCA will be a hell of football game, also looking forward to JSU coming to Huntsville, thats going to be a whoopin....

SHSU90
May 19th, 2021, 01:49 PM
SH @ UCA will be a hell of football game, also looking forward to JSU coming to Huntsville, thats going to be a whoopin....

Should be homecoming
Would love to hang a shellacking on them for that!

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 02:02 PM
Sam Houston's two OOC games are at Northern Arizona (I might try to make the trip to Flagstaff) and SEMO in Huntsville.

I might make the Southeast Missouri State game. As of now, the games I'm looking at going to are Lamar, Jacksonville State, Tarleton State (in Stephenville), and Abilene Christian (in Abilene; I have a friend who lives out there so I could see her if I go to the ACU game and I haven't seen her in person in more than 14 months at this point). I'm probably not going to another Sam Houston/SFA game for a while.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 02:29 PM
I would imagine the Southeast Missouri State will be pretty well attended. I think that might be Bearkat Family Weekend, which if that's the case, you would have parents along with their children who are students coming to the game. I just checked the school website, and nothing is popping up in terms of events for September 11 as of now.

SFA 93
May 19th, 2021, 02:35 PM
They have not updated the 2020 roster.

47 Freshmen on the 2020 roster

32 of those played in 2020 and about 6 started.

2 were named freshmen All-Americans (OL: JUSTICE GUILLORY and DT: CALEB FOX)

About 38 true freshmen now with new class.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 02:40 PM
They have not updated the 2020 roster.

47 Freshmen on the 2020 roster

32 of those played in 2020 and about 6 started.

2 were named freshmen All-Americans (OL: JUSTICE GUILLORY and DT: CALEB FOX)

About 38 true freshmen now with new class.

I'm sure the rosters will be updated at some point this summer, or at least one would think they would be.

BNATION
May 19th, 2021, 03:44 PM
JSU loses Trae Barry to Boston College

Puddin Tane
May 19th, 2021, 04:15 PM
How young is your team? (to anyone)

UCA has 42/100 players with the word "freshman" in their description in some form and only 10 seniors. OUCH. xeekx

babies!

I believe we had 53 freshmen in the spring. 30 more coming in. I’m sure there will be turnover, cuz if they didn’t play in the spring they might as well go elsewhere. Morgan was playing everybody.

Don’t know how this works, but the original 53 would be Still be freshmen in the fall? Same as the new 30 freshmen? Or will the 53 be sophomores? Freshmen with an asterisk?

sooooo..as it stands right now, 83 freshmen? And about 25 upperclassmen.

gonna be ugly.

BEAR
May 19th, 2021, 04:19 PM
babies!

I believe we had 53 freshmen in the spring. 30 more coming in. I’m sure there will be turnover, cuz if they didn’t play in the spring they might as well go elsewhere. Morgan was playing everybody.

Don’t know how this works, but the original 53 would be Still be freshmen in the fall? Same as the new 30 freshmen? Or will the 53 be sophomores? Freshmen with an asterisk?

gonna be ugly.

Oh good grief! THAT'S too young! No idea how all this works as the exception rule due to covid and redshirt rule along with the standard freshman role are all mixed up...

I don't think rosters are final on any website especially with the transfer portal but we can get SOME idea of what's coming back... xlolx

SFA 93
May 19th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Who are the top returning impact players from each team on offense and defense to watch for in this temporary WAC/ASUN Conference?

SFA:
Offense - 2X All-American; Jerry Rice Watch List; WR: Xavier Gipson (So.) G:22;REC:104;YDS:1,775;TD:16;PRTD:1
Defense - DE: BJ Thompson (Jr.) G:29;TKL:46;TFL:14.5;SCK:10.0;FR:1;QBH:4;BU:2;INT: 1;BLK:3

Laker
May 19th, 2021, 05:36 PM
What other teams are rumored to join the ASUN for football after this season?

And is UTRGV actually going to start football?

Daytripper
May 19th, 2021, 05:41 PM
Key returning players for Sam Houston:

QB Eric Schmid
WR Jequez Ezzard
WR Ife Adyi
RB Ramon Jefferson
OL Prince Pines
OL Colby Thomas
DBs Zyon and Tristan McCollum
LB Trevor Williams
DL Jahari Kay
DL Trace Mascorro
DL Joseph Wallace

SFA 93
May 19th, 2021, 06:37 PM
Gipson and Ezzard going to try and out do each other in Houston.

Should be entertaining.

Katfan
May 19th, 2021, 06:43 PM
JSU goes 5-6 and Grass isn't renewed.

Please.
We will try to do our part!

SFA 93
May 19th, 2021, 07:24 PM
Looks like they are trying for 2024 to start a football program. Nothing set in stone.

Daytripper
May 19th, 2021, 07:33 PM
Looks like they are trying for 2024 to start a football program. Nothing set in stone.

Rio Grande Valley is a fertile recruiting area. Not a lot of FBS programs focus on that area.

Coogkat15
May 19th, 2021, 07:55 PM
Rio Grande Valley is a fertile recruiting area. Not a lot of FBS programs focus on that area.

I can attest to this. As someone who coaches in San Antonio and has had to coach against teams out of the RGV area, that area is full of talent that often times gets overlooked. If UTRGV can get a program up and running they can be dangerous. Most kids out of the Valley are super proud to be from that region and really would prefer to stay home. Honestly like a completely different state from the rest of Texas.

I liken the talent in RGV to something you’d find in the Midwest. Hard nosed football players that run downhill and are super physical. Don’t do a lot of dancing and prefer a slow grind it out type of game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 07:58 PM

Should be entertaining.

That’s if SFA can protect the quarterback against that defensive line.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 08:02 PM

You don’t see many prospects coming out of the Valley. If Texas-Rio Grande Valley adds football, it will be rough. I think the last major prospect to come out of the Valley was Bradley Stephens who went to Texas A&M. That was back in 2007. I can’t remember another big time prospect coming out of the Valley since.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 08:20 PM
babies!

gonna be ugly.

That triple option junk needs to be dumped and fast. If Lamar were to do more along the lines of what we were doing under Willie Fritz, Lamar would be in better position to get receivers either via the transfer portal or recruiting. A spread option attack would be better in my opinion long term for Lamar than the triple option.

Puddin Tane
May 19th, 2021, 09:29 PM
That triple option junk needs to be dumped and fast. If Lamar were to do more along the lines of what we were doing under Willie Fritz, Lamar would be in better position to get receivers either via the transfer portal or recruiting. A spread option attack would be better in my opinion long term for Lamar than the triple option.

I think he would try more passing (out of the option look), but there was no oline, ended up qb scrambles.

we had the 13th ranked FCS recruiting class, for whatever that’s worth.

i fricking hate the offense.

Outsider1
May 19th, 2021, 10:17 PM
2021 is a complete toss up for us. We always have talent but haven't been able to be consistent with it and we still struggle in the trenches. We do have some good returning talent and some good transfer talent. How much our signees are able to contribute will make a difference. Last year, our HS RB signee was a significant part of our run game out of the gates, so you never know. Our RBs and our receiver core is deep and show a lot of promise. So, I see a good balance between the ground and run game. Our OL is still young, but I am seeing some improvement. Our defense continues to be strong, but not sure if it is really improved yet. Over-all, I am not sure if I am seeing enough to make any real leaps this year. Can we hit .500? We simply haven't had enough consistency lately to make any real clear projections. If we continue to make progress from what I saw in the Spring game, maybe we can turn a corner.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 10:35 PM
2021 is a complete toss up for us. We always have talent but haven't been able to be consistent with it and we still struggle in the trenches. We do have some good returning talent and some good transfer talent. How much our signees are able to contribute will make a difference. Last year, our HS RB signee was a significant part of our run game out of the gates, so you never know. Our RBs and our receiver core is deep and show a lot of promise. So, I see a good balance between the ground and run game. Our OL is still young, but I am seeing some improvement. Our defense continues to be strong, but not sure if it is really improved yet. Over-all, I am not sure if I am seeing enough to make any real leaps this year. Can we hit .500? We simply haven't had enough consistency lately to make any real clear projections. If we continue to make progress from what I saw in the Spring game, maybe we can turn a corner.

One of the transfers is Reese Moore who transferred from Texas. I’m a Texas fan, and a Sam Houston alum. Moore was high thee-star out of high school, according to Rivals.

Outsider1
May 19th, 2021, 10:45 PM
One of the transfers is Reese Moore who transferred from Texas. I’m a Texas fan, and a Sam Houston alum. Moore was high thee-star out of high school, according to Rivals.

He is helping our OL out. We just got another OL DII transfer that shows promise but not sure how well he'll make the leap. I like a couple of our OL signees, but those are projects. We had several real nice OL offers out, but keep getting beat in recruiting. So, I was hoping for more meat and muscle alongside Moore.

acbearkat
May 19th, 2021, 10:59 PM
He is helping our OL out. We just got another OL DII transfer that shows promise but not sure how well he'll make the leap. I like a couple of our OL signees, but those are projects. We had several real nice OL offers out, but keep getting beat in recruiting. So, I was hoping for more meat and muscle alongside Moore.

I don’t ever remember seeing Reese Moore play at Texas. Texas played in so many close games under Tom Herman, many young players didn’t get to play. Reese Moore was also buried on the depth chart.

By the way, I’ve seen the new stadium out there. It’s nice. It would be great if we could get something like that in Huntsville. My best friend lives in Brownwood, and the last time I saw her, I took her to Abilene, and we saw the ACU campus.

acbearkat
May 20th, 2021, 08:56 AM
Tarleton State is a team that once they become adjusted to Division I football, could be really dangerous. They've been a really good DII program for a while now, and the campus is located not far from Ft. Worth, so they'll be able to get plenty of DFW kids.

JSUSoutherner
May 20th, 2021, 11:12 AM
Should be homecoming
Would love to hang a shellacking on them for that!

I'm sure that will be a pretty easy win for you guys.

BEAR
May 20th, 2021, 11:38 AM
That’s if SFA can protect the quarterback against that defensive line.

I was thinking what if the SLC could put together a team that had some of the best D Line guys on it. I know Sammy has a few and UCA has a few that I've seen recently that would create an incredible D line!
Take some of those all conference DBs and LBs....and look out! xrotatehx

BEAR
May 20th, 2021, 11:44 AM
https://www.southland.org/news/2021/5/20/southland-football-produces-15-all-americans.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3EqqwRGty6qqmU2_D9_iv6BD 26KqUb8BSQQseB24-v8NafAY4X3OOubPc

SOUTHLAND FOOTBALL PRODUCES 15 ALL-AMERICANS

(Since it does kinda compose teams going to the WAC/ASUN)

https://www.southland.org/images/2021/5/20/Web_Player_of_the_Week_Triple_Box.jpg?width=1416&height=797&mode=crop

Daytripper
May 20th, 2021, 12:48 PM
I was thinking what if the SLC could put together a team that had some of the best D Line guys on it. I know Sammy has a few and UCA has a few that I've seen recently that would create an incredible D line!
Take some of those all conference DBs and LBs....and look out! xrotatehx

A combined Southland Conference D-Line group would measure up pretty equally to many P5 D-Lines. I don't mean Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc., but bottom half P5 conference members.

Bearkat04
May 20th, 2021, 02:42 PM
Pretty sad that this is our last scheduled trip to the stripes in Conway. Hope we can work out some home and homes in the future as well as obviously the potential playoff matchups. Lotta good football games between SH and Uca since they joined the SLC. Uca and McNeese will be the only matchups I’ll really miss.

BEAR
May 20th, 2021, 03:26 PM
Pretty sad that this is our last scheduled trip to the stripes in Conway. Hope we can work out some home and homes in the future as well as obviously the potential playoff matchups. Lotta good football games between SH and Uca since they joined the SLC. Uca and McNeese will be the only matchups I’ll really miss.

I'm sure they will happen. Especially since Sammy is regional and bringing in or going to the team that recently won the natty would be a good draw for us. I'm kind of surprised we don't travel to HVille this next year as your last game with us was in Conway in 2019 in a game UCA edged the Bearkats 29-24 if I recall. I do remember talking to some of your players. Quality kids. Had no idea many of them knew so many UCA players outside of football.

ST_Lawson
May 20th, 2021, 04:19 PM

Need to turn that into a scheduled annual OOC "rivalry game" like how SIU plays SEMO every year or how Illinois State plays EIU.

Daytripper
May 20th, 2021, 05:04 PM
For those that watched Sam Houston home playoff games, you may have noticed the south end zone building was under construction. That is the Ron Mafrige field house. The renovations were scheduled for this spring obviously without the foreknowledge that Covid-19 would push our season to the spring. Anyway, click here to check out the renderings of what it might look like. I'm pretty excited about it. https://www.itemonline.com/sports/sam-houston-state-set-to-begin-field-house-renovation/article_ad10f40e-179a-11eb-86a0-43bcf38dc689.html

Outsider1
May 20th, 2021, 08:04 PM
I don’t ever remember seeing Reese Moore play at Texas. Texas played in so many close games under Tom Herman, many young players didn’t get to play. Reese Moore was also buried on the depth chart.

By the way, I’ve seen the new stadium out there. It’s nice. It would be great if we could get something like that in Huntsville. My best friend lives in Brownwood, and the last time I saw her, I took her to Abilene, and we saw the ACU campus.

You definitely need to come out for the game in November, or even sooner if you get the chance. It's a nice atmosphere. Grab your friend and come on out. It's an easy drive from Brownwood.

Puddin Tane
May 20th, 2021, 09:41 PM
Lamar should be a runaway win. That team stunk up the joint against Sam Houston in March, and beat a bad Northwestern State team, who beat UIW, because UIW didn't have a defense and gave up 707 yards of offense to Northwestern State. Tarleton State will need at least a few recruiting classes to adjust to being a Division I program, but they could give some teams a scare. They just don't have the depth right now.

We were about 75% freshmen and walkons. In the fall we’ll be......90% freshmen?

FEAR THE BIRD!

gokat89
May 21st, 2021, 06:49 AM
Doubtful very many this roster returns plus they have big incoming class
Then add the transfers from Memphis Navy and Tulsa not many roster spots
Btw you are very Prepared to know you are getting a Tat on Sept 4th
Also there is no SHSU game that weekend in Huntsville they are on the road at N Arizona

Keeler stated the other day that the Kats are only losing 5 players from this years roster going into the fall. This team will be loaded again with the mission to win another one.

- - - Updated - - -

For those that watched Sam Houston home playoff games, you may have noticed the south end zone building was under construction. That is the Ron Mafrige field house. The renovations were scheduled for this spring obviously without the foreknowledge that Covid-19 would push our season to the spring. Anyway, click here to check out the renderings of what it might look like. I'm pretty excited about it. https://www.itemonline.com/sports/sam-houston-state-set-to-begin-field-house-renovation/article_ad10f40e-179a-11eb-86a0-43bcf38dc689.html

Work is supposed to completed by August.

katss07
May 21st, 2021, 10:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1yfNsiXsAYKJcV?format=jpg&name=medium

An interesting list, Top 10 college towns in Texas. 3 WAC schools included, plus a prospective WAC member. Kudos to the writer. I see Austin and El Paso on too many college “town” lists. Keyword: town

SFA 93
May 21st, 2021, 10:54 AM
I agree, IMO, Austin is no way a college town.

Agentorange24
May 21st, 2021, 11:12 PM

An interesting list, Top 10 college towns in Texas. 3 WAC schools included, plus a prospective WAC member. Kudos to the writer. I see Austin and El Paso on too many college “town” lists. Keyword: town

Would take College Station over San Marcos any day due to Northgate.

caribbeanhen
May 22nd, 2021, 07:54 AM

I can say I'm proud of never having been to El Paso

lionsrking2
May 22nd, 2021, 01:22 PM
Been to El Paso several times. It's more than a town but I love it -- great place to visit.

caribbeanhen
May 22nd, 2021, 02:27 PM
Been to El Paso several times. It's more than a town but I love it -- great place to visit.

I’m sure it is but it’s just too far from anywhere

Daytripper
May 22nd, 2021, 03:58 PM

Agree.

katss07
May 22nd, 2021, 04:09 PM
Would take College Station over San Marcos any day due to Northgate.
College Station is a dump IMO, give me the hill country and San Marcos River any day. Plus the girls at A&M are way uglier.

Puddin Tane
May 22nd, 2021, 04:45 PM
I’m sure it is but it’s just too far from anywhere

kinda like WacK athletics

Libertine
May 22nd, 2021, 08:25 PM

Imagine a cross between Cold War-era West Berlin and Sunnydale from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'.

caribbeanhen
May 23rd, 2021, 10:16 AM
Imagine a cross between Cold War-era West Berlin and Sunnydale from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'.

I was once in Antigua when two young Rasta's

pulled up next in white pick up truck

from the radio came out loud and blaring

a Western Ballad.... never thought I would hear that song in Antigua

El PasoMarty Robbins (https://www.google.com/search?q=Marty+Robbins&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLUz9U3MEwytbBYxMrrm1hUUqkQ lJ-UlJlXDABu4PswHQAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiWvq_yiuDwAhUvRTABHVfbAikQMTAAegQIBBAD)

Out In The West Texas Town Of El Paso
I Fell In Love With A Mexican Girl
Nighttime Would Find Me In Rosa's Cantina
Music Would Play And Felina Would Whirl
Blacker Than Night Were The Eyes Of Felina
Wicked And Evil While Casting A Spell
My Love Was Deep For This Mexican Maiden
I Was In Love, But In Vain I Could Tell

lionsrking2
May 23rd, 2021, 12:53 PM
I was once in Antigua when two young Rasta's

pulled up next in white pick up truck

from the radio came out loud and blaring

a Western Ballad.... never thought I would hear that song in Antigua

El PasoMarty Robbins (https://www.google.com/search?q=Marty+Robbins&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLUz9U3MEwytbBYxMrrm1hUUqkQ lJ-UlJlXDABu4PswHQAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiWvq_yiuDwAhUvRTABHVfbAikQMTAAegQIBBAD)

Out In The West Texas Town Of El Paso
I Fell In Love With A Mexican Girl
Nighttime Would Find Me In Rosa's Cantina
Music Would Play And Felina Would Whirl
Blacker Than Night Were The Eyes Of Felina
Wicked And Evil While Casting A Spell
My Love Was Deep For This Mexican Maiden
I Was In Love, But In Vain I Could Tell

Classic MR tune -- one of my all-time faves.

I caught a good one, it looked like it could run.

Up on it's back and away I did ride.

caribbeanhen
May 23rd, 2021, 06:49 PM
Classic MR tune -- one of my all-time faves.

I caught a good one, it looked like it could run.

Up on it's back and away I did ride.

horse with no name ?

Katfan
May 23rd, 2021, 06:52 PM
horse with no name ?
+1

Katfan
May 23rd, 2021, 06:53 PM
You should come to Huntsville for a game in the fall

JSUSoutherner
May 23rd, 2021, 07:19 PM
horse with no name ?

You know, that song is on my playlist and I know all the words but I still couldn't tell you what it's about.

Like is it literally just about him losing his marbles in the desert? It can't be that simple.

caribbeanhen
May 23rd, 2021, 08:37 PM
You know, that song is on my playlist and I know all the words but I still couldn't tell you what it's about.

Like is it literally just about him losing his marbles in the desert? It can't be that simple.

Hey, I'm proud of you.... love the song.... Now what it's about is probably not that much.... looking back at the world the way you saw it a kid is kind of like a trip..

The Horse is just an escape to a more tranquil place

I'll stop, people coming on the thread will complain it got hi hacked

acbearkat
May 23rd, 2021, 08:38 PM
Hey, I'm proud of you.... love the song.... Now what it's about is probably not that much.... looking back at the world the way you saw it a kid is kind of like a trip..

Sometimes on Katfans, threads go down rabbit holes.

katss07
May 24th, 2021, 01:41 AM
Sometimes? That’s a disgusting understatement lol

JSUSoutherner
May 24th, 2021, 07:16 AM

Nah. It's a more interesting discussion than "who will spend all season whacking Jax State".

Personally I've always been partial to Ventura Highway. That one is less trippy than Horse with No Name. Except for the flying Alligators. Those are weird. :D

dgtw
May 24th, 2021, 07:35 AM
You’d think after nine days he would have named the horse.

JSUSoutherner
May 24th, 2021, 09:29 AM
You’d think after nine days he would have named the horse.

Probably would have been something unoriginal like "Mister Ed"

EKU05
May 24th, 2021, 11:40 AM
I only quickly scanned this thread so I could have missed something, but I'm not sure we've even been mentioned yet. So this is just me saying, "Hey guys, we're playing too!"

I like the direction our team is moving, but this is a murderers row schedule. We'll see how it goes.

SFA 93
May 24th, 2021, 11:46 AM
Join in the conversation.

Right now, we seem to be talking about horse names.

JSUSoutherner
May 24th, 2021, 12:11 PM
"Hey guys, we're playing too!"

Oh... Right.

So anyway,

"The ocean is a desert with it's life underground
And a perfect disguise above"

Is easily the most profound lyric from that song. Is he in a desert or in a raft in the middle of the ocean and his raft is the horse and went he let the horse run free he just jumped off and ended up drowning and the island was a hallucination like for the guys from the Indianapolis instead of a mirage?

The song is deep, man.

Daytripper
May 24th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Sam Houston athletics is returning to full capacity for all sports effective immediately. https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/5/24/football-bearkat-athletics-returns-to-full-capacity.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3LIoCVl4Cj1D4o4focuHIpKeH W0cxDGKLYQCLHuW4Tsx74jeusyUwKjV8

acbearkat
May 24th, 2021, 03:44 PM
Sam Houston athletics is returning to full capacity for all sports effective immediately. https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/5/24/football-bearkat-athletics-returns-to-full-capacity.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3LIoCVl4Cj1D4o4focuHIpKeH W0cxDGKLYQCLHuW4Tsx74jeusyUwKjV8

I just ended up getting a notification on my phone about that around 30 or so minutes ago.

SHSU90
May 25th, 2021, 03:16 PM
I only quickly scanned this thread so I could have missed something, but I'm not sure we've even been mentioned yet. So this is just me saying, "Hey guys, we're playing too!"

I like the direction our team is moving, but this is a murderers row schedule. We'll see how it goes.

Got a buddy from EKU in DFW
I invited him to the game in Huntsville
He said the Colonels had several games in Texas
and he was not sure about that being the best one to come see

The Cats
May 26th, 2021, 07:05 AM
https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1397200712937914377?s=20

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jBX4Sl4ey3c/YK0gcmmAcNI/AAAAAAAAG4I/JwGF-KP_Ko89oN7Z1UXq2nIvwjlSxm4FACLcBGAsYHQ/s16000/Asun.JPG

dgtw
May 26th, 2021, 07:47 AM

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jBX4Sl4ey3c/YK0gcmmAcNI/AAAAAAAAG4I/JwGF-KP_Ko89oN7Z1UXq2nIvwjlSxm4FACLcBGAsYHQ/s16000/Asun.JPG

The ASUN has gotten a waiver on an autobid for 2022 and 2023 where they can still get one even with five members sponsoring football.

katss07
May 26th, 2021, 12:36 PM

This bodes well for the WAC members, the 5 schools that are joining can receive an AQ while Tarleton/Dixie State transition. I’d imagine the WAC will still look to add an 8th football member, but this buys them time to go over options while starting up the league. Maybe NAU or Weber State rethink their position by 2023 (unlikely with their Big Sky history) when the waiver is set to expire, although I’m not sure they’ll wait that long to expand. I think West Texas A&M is still the best option, given their facilities and the A&M system’s growing athletic prowess. It was reported UIW was being looked at seriously and visited by WAC officials, but that seems like more of an “add now” option. Remember, the WAC just lost members 8 months ago and isn’t where it wants to be in terms of their basketball conferences’ stability.

acbearkat
May 26th, 2021, 12:45 PM
This bodes well for the WAC members, the 5 schools that are joining can receive an AQ while Tarleton/Dixie State transition. I’d imagine the WAC will still look to add an 8th football member, but this buys them time to go over options while starting up the league. Maybe NAU or Weber State rethink their position by 2023 (unlikely with their Big Sky history) when the waiver is set to expire, although I’m not sure they’ll wait that long to expand. I think West Texas A&M is still the best option, given their facilities and the A&M system’s growing athletic prowess. It was reported UIW was being looked at seriously and visited by WAC officials, but that seems like more of an “add now” option. Remember, the WAC just lost members 8 months ago and isn’t where it wants to be in terms of their basketball conferences’ stability.

UTRGV is looking at adding football, and they are a full WAC member, and Southern Utah is joining in 2022.

katss07
May 26th, 2021, 02:58 PM
UTRGV is looking at adding football, and they are a full WAC member, and Southern Utah is joining in 2022.
There are no guarantees in terms of UTRGV, which has been repeatedly stated by their administration. Their last feasibility study stated that FCS Football was not feasible for the school, but going FBS would be, so we don’t even know if they’d be a long term member. Look at what the UT system did with UTSA. I don’t want to rely on UTRGV adding football. 7 teams isn’t a large enough to be a sustainable football conference long term. They’ll need to look to add even before UTRGV’s target setup date. Not to mention the WAC’s stated desire to add a 14t basketball team. 13 is an uneven number and they want to add to the “Texas Division”.

On the flip side, UTRGV joining with FBS intentions would be good for the WAC’s long term plan of moving up when the college football shakeup happens.

Agentorange24
May 26th, 2021, 07:46 PM

Would the WAC try and scalp University of Northern Colorado from the Big Sky?

katss07
May 26th, 2021, 10:30 PM
Would the WAC try and scalp University of Northern Colorado from the Big Sky?
Absolutely. Probably already have. Just no interest from NAU, especially with their history as a long time Big Sky member. Although they are changing Presidents, so maybe new administration has a different vision.

gokat89
May 30th, 2021, 07:37 AM
Absolutely. Probably already have. Just no interest from NAU, especially with their history as a long time Big Sky member. Although they are changing Presidents, so maybe new administration has a different vision.

AgentOrange is referring to Northern Colorado, not Northern Arizona, but I think the WAC should be courting both of these programs in my opinion.

Laker
May 30th, 2021, 09:03 AM

What about Utah Valley adding football? That place is huge. According to the numbers the biggest school in the state.

katss07
May 30th, 2021, 03:09 PM
AgentOrange is referring to Northern Colorado, not Northern Arizona, but I think the WAC should be courting both of these programs in my opinion.
Misread it, sorry AgentOrange. I’d bet against adding UNC, although it would be good for the WAC. UNC just left the WAC (baseball) for the Summit League. If they were to change conferences, they’d probably stay in the Big Sky as a football-only member and join the Summit for all other sports. They wouldn’t have left the WAC for baseball if there was a chance of them joining as a full member.

Daytripper
June 5th, 2021, 11:18 AM
This article is about 2 weeks old but has a few original thoughts about the WAC. https://www.sports-central.org/sports/2021/05/13/the_return_of_the_wac.php

DFW HOYA
June 5th, 2021, 01:12 PM
The safe choice is West Texas A&M (the former West Texas State of the Missouri Valley Conference from 1972-85). Stable enrollment (7,300), a new 12,000 seat stadium, already above the number of sports required for Div. I membership, and somewhat equidistant between the western and eastern schools.

gokat89
June 5th, 2021, 03:08 PM
The safe choice is West Texas A&M (the former West Texas State of the Missouri Valley Conference from 1972-85). Stable enrollment (7,300), a new 12,000 seat stadium, already above the number of sports required for Div. I membership, and somewhat equidistant between the western and eastern schools.

And they have a history of winning at the highest level . I think they should be added as well.

dwixson13
June 6th, 2021, 10:08 AM

Should be entertaining.

Agreed, gonna be a dog fight!

dwixson13
June 6th, 2021, 10:11 AM
I can attest to this. As someone who coaches in San Antonio and has had to coach against teams out of the RGV area, that area is full of talent that often times gets overlooked. If UTRGV can get a program up and running they can be dangerous. Most kids out of the Valley are super proud to be from that region and really would prefer to stay home. Honestly like a completely different state from the rest of Texas.

I liken the talent in RGV to something you’d find in the Midwest. Hard nosed football players that run downhill and are super physical. Don’t do a lot of dancing and prefer a slow grind it out type of game.

You are probably spot on, took my family down to Mercedes Texas for the Rio Grande Valley livestock show in March, my son shows pigs for FFA. Had billboards all over the place for UTRGV. I looked up enrollment and well over 30,000!

SFA 93
June 6th, 2021, 03:21 PM
SFA adds a transfer...

DB: ZAC GULLEY 5-10; 181 NEWTON, TEXAS (NEWTON/LOUISIANA-MONROE) (FR.)

Played in 10 games as a true freshman for Louisiana-Monroe recording 11 tackles and 1 PBU.

SFA recruited him out of high school in 2019.

SHSU90
June 7th, 2021, 08:22 AM

Actually the enrollment out there is up over 10,000 this past school year

Laker
June 9th, 2021, 02:22 PM
My bet is some form of Utah Tech. :D I'll have to buy a new cap.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3dWU_LX0AQKKhq?format=jpg&name=medium

dgtw
June 9th, 2021, 03:05 PM

I think the name change is a bet of an overreaction, but Utah Tech is better in the long run.

katss07
June 9th, 2021, 04:02 PM
Utah Tech or Utah Poly would be my top choices, and it seems like those are being favored with the potential name choices (though many of these could be shortened to Utah Tech for athletic branding purposes).

And there will be no more mistakes about what state the school is in.

Nickels
June 12th, 2021, 10:53 AM

Awful, lame and super vanilla name choices. Only 20% wanted the name change, 65٪ wanted to stay Dixie. Unfortunately we live in a time where the whiniest **** stirrers (liberal politicians and academia) get their way. Sad.

katss07
June 12th, 2021, 11:06 AM
Awful, lame and super vanilla name choices. Only 20% wanted the name change, 65٪ wanted to stay Dixie. Unfortunately we live in a time where the whiniest **** stirrers (liberal politicians and academia) get their way. Sad.
Yeah, or it’s the fact that they’re going Division One and want to disassociate the school’s name with the the fact that the institution held mock slave auctions til the 80s, used the rebel flag on uniforms until 2008 and had confederate monuments and statues on campus until 2015. Not to get political, but generally when you’re attempting to get young black athletes to come play and represent your school (especially in today’s world) that kind of history is something you’d better cover up. And continuing to go by “Dixie State” sure doesn’t accomplish that.

I think Utah Tech is a fine moniker. Non-directional, uses the state’s name. Nobody knows where the **** “Dixie State” is. Now they know. And what better time to do it than now, joining the WAC.

Daytripper
June 12th, 2021, 06:53 PM
Yeah, or it’s the fact that they’re going Division One and want to disassociate the school’s name with the the fact that the institution held mock slave auctions til the 80s, used the rebel flag on uniforms until 2008 and had confederate monuments and statues on campus until 2015. Not to get political, but generally when you’re attempting to get young black athletes to come play and represent your school (especially in today’s world) that kind of history is something you’d better cover up. And continuing to go by “Dixie State” sure doesn’t accomplish that.

I think Utah Tech is a fine moniker. Non-directional, uses the state’s name. Nobody knows where the **** “Dixie State” is. Now they know. And what better time to do it than now, joining the WAC.

Agree. Ask anybody in America where Dixie State is and 95% will say Mississippi or Alabama.

Nickels
June 14th, 2021, 11:20 AM
Agree. Ask anybody in America where Dixie State is and 95% will say Mississippi or Alabama.
Ask anyone where any FCS school is that doesn't include the the name of the state and 95% would be clueless.

Bottom line: Dixie State graduates didn't want the name change and the citizens of Utah didn't want the name change. A few liberal control freaks and a consulting firm (aka Yankee scumbags) disregarded the people and forced the name change.

Cocky
June 14th, 2021, 03:58 PM
Everyone knows we are in Alabama

Libertine
June 14th, 2021, 09:21 PM
Everyone knows we are in Alabama

When I first heard the name Jacksonville State years ago, I assumed it was in Florida.

katss07
June 14th, 2021, 10:54 PM
Welp, looks like it’ll be Utah Poly. Name Recommendation Committee votes to recommend Utah Polytechnic State University to the Board or Trustees.

Sounds a little goofy IMO. I preferred Tech. Oh well, anything’s an upgrade over Dixie State, which sounds like it’s from a movie. This is great for the WAC.

SFA 93
June 15th, 2021, 04:30 AM
Utah Tech does sound more Division I (FBS).

Panther88
June 15th, 2021, 08:47 AM
Those people could rename the school Timbuktu-alabammy-hang'em high and it wouldn't matter.

These type of events >>> "the institution held mock slave auctions til the 80s, used the rebel flag on uniforms until 2008 and had confederate monuments and statues on campus until 2015. " <<< mean absolutely nothing to too many black kids who are naively entrenched in their personal football world of sleep.

Even a dog who's been kicked and mistreated will show disdain towards an aggressor. Too many humans aren't as intelligent as dogs, obviously, imho.

Why I chose Dixie State: “I chose Dixie State because it was the best school for me to become the best man and athlete I can be.” xlolx

Why I chose Dixie State: “I chose Dixie State because great things are coming to Dixie and I’m that great thing!” xlmaox

Why I chose Dixie State: “I chose Dixie State because it is a good school and good environment.” xlmaox

BEAR
June 15th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Looking forward to being in the ASUN!

Yesterday UCA Alum Scottie Pippen who has been through an emotional roller coaster the past few weeks came to host his yearly basketball camp for young kids.

UCA named the court after him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ohjkm-rsw

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E33vcGDX0AEVIMd?format=jpg&name=360x360

ASUN logos in the key near the free throw line.

https://ic-cdn.flipboard.com/bleachernation.com/7b77bb22ec05c3a08c8b047cfa9ccba20cf4b3e5/_medium.jpeg

Panther88
June 15th, 2021, 11:37 AM
Looking forward to being in the ASUN!

Yesterday UCA Alum Scottie Pippen who has been through an emotional roller coaster the past few weeks came to host his yearly basketball camp for young kids.

UCA named the court after him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ohjkm-rsw

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E33vcGDX0AEVIMd?format=jpg&name=360x360

ASUN logos in the key near the free throw line.

https://ic-cdn.flipboard.com/bleachernation.com/7b77bb22ec05c3a08c8b047cfa9ccba20cf4b3e5/_medium.jpeg

Nice gesture by UCA to Mr Pippen. That's a good look.

Aside: UCA offered my 4* RB cousin earlier this spring, amidst his current rising stock w/in the sec, big xii, and pac xii schools. I thought it was "neat" that UCA would try to go head to head w/ an lsu/txa&m. lol xlolx

BEAR
June 15th, 2021, 11:57 AM
Nice gesture by UCA to Mr Pippen. That's a good look.

Aside: UCA offered my 4* RB cousin earlier this spring, amidst his current rising stock w/in the sec, big xii, and pac xii schools. I thought it was "neat" that UCA would try to go head to head w/ an lsu/txa&m. lol xlolx

Awesome! Hope the kid gets to play for one of those schools. I don't know what the RB situation is at those schools but UCA has struggled with getting yards the past few years. Not sure why since we've had some beasts at RB.
Hopefully the coaches figure it out soon. One of our RBs transferred out to UAPB, Keirre Crossley. Hope he does well his grad transfer year.

I also have a family member who will be in the class of 2023. He turned 16 a few weeks ago and is 6'6" and 252 and plays left tackle. Has gone to a couple of camps but the scouts aren't looking at the kids with the "U" on beside their numbers. xlolx
I figure in two more years when he graduates he'll probably be 6'7" or 8 and be around 300lbs or so. He's wanting pre-med and is ranked in the top ten in his class...so he may not have time for college football. Either way it will be fun to watch him.

Panther88
June 15th, 2021, 12:09 PM
Awesome! Hope the kid gets to play for one of those schools. I don't know what the RB situation is at those schools but UCA has struggled with getting yards the past few years. Not sure why since we've had some beasts at RB.
Hopefully the coaches figure it out soon. One of our RBs transferred out to UAPB, Keirre Crossley. Hope he does well his grad transfer year.

I also have a family member who will be in the class of 2023. He turned 16 a few weeks ago and is 6'6" and 252 and plays left tackle. Has gone to a couple of camps but the scouts aren't looking at the kids with the "U" on beside their numbers. xlolx
I figure in two more years when he graduates he'll probably be 6'7" or 8 and be around 300lbs or so. He's wanting pre-med and is ranked in the top ten in his class...so he may not have time for college football. Either way it will be fun to watch him.

That's a big kid, to be so young.

Reminds of a local c/o 2022 recruit who is now 6'8" 320lbs of lean muscle and strength. Very, very athletic and has a strong academic profile. He has michigan, THE Ohio State University, Nebraska, OU, baylor, clemson, lsu, ut-austin, txa&m, univ of florida, alabama, et al written all over him and his academic profile. Interesting game of hide-n-seek w/ fbs recruiters not showing their true hand (desires). I think it's noble for fcs schools to offer someone of his caliber but the future direction is very, very clear, imho.

BEAR
June 15th, 2021, 12:22 PM
That's a big kid, to be so young.

Reminds of a local c/o 2022 recruit who is now 6'8" 320lbs of lean muscle and strength. Very, very athletic and has a strong academic profile. He has michigan, THE Ohio State University, Nebraska, OU, baylor, clemson, lsu, ut-austin, txa&m, univ of florida, alabama, et al written all over him and his academic profile. Interesting game of hide-n-seek w/ fbs recruiters not showing their true hand (desires). I think it's noble for fcs schools to offer someone of his caliber but the future direction is very, very clear, imho.

He's already got a TON of division II schools wanting him since 9th grade. I told him to register with the NCAA and WAIT to see if he wants to play in college by the end of his senior year. Eh...either way is good.

Panther88
June 15th, 2021, 12:42 PM
He's already got a TON of division II schools wanting him since 9th grade. I told him to register with the NCAA and WAIT to see if he wants to play in college by the end of his senior year. Eh...either way is good.

It's a heckuva' privilege and honor to receive an offer at any level, imho, for those who put in the extra hard work, sacrificed, and honed their craft athletically as well as academically as they seek to continue ascension academically and athletically.

The rubber seriously hits the road when a recruiter encounters a father like me whose first question upon meeting them is *quoting self* "who is this mf'er you're trying to introduce me to and WTF does he want?!" *unquoting self* :D Some recruiters have learned the hard way that some of us parents aren't mesmerized w/ their shiny ********* lies of nothingness. Go away. Far, far away. :D

BEAR
June 15th, 2021, 12:50 PM
It's a heckuva' privilege and honor to receive an offer at any level, imho, for those who put in the extra hard work, sacrificed, and honed their craft athletically as well as academically as they seek to continue ascension academically and athletically.

The rubber seriously hits the road when a recruiter encounters a father like me whose first question upon meeting them is *quoting self* "who is this mf'er you're trying to introduce me to and WTF does he want?!" *unquoting self* :D Some recruiters have learned the hard way that some of us parents aren't mesmerized w/ their shiny ********* lies of nothingness. Go away. Far, far away. :D

That's pretty good! xlolx. His coach told me to watch out for all the "camps" held in the summer time. Many of them are money makers and the colleges don't really want to look at many of the kids. I get it. It costs money to run an athletic program.
He's a pretty chill kid though. His ACT score of 31 that he took in the 10th grade tells me he will be alright either way. He's a humble kid too. He knows he has a lot to learn and that they are the COACHES..not him. xlolx
Maybe I'll PM you a pic.

WestCoastAggie
June 15th, 2021, 01:41 PM
Welp, looks like it’ll be Utah Poly. Name Recommendation Committee votes to recommend Utah Polytechnic State University to the Board or Trustees.

Sounds a little goofy IMO. I preferred Tech. Oh well, anything’s an upgrade over Dixie State, which sounds like it’s from a movie. This is great for the WAC.

Utah Tech sounds a lil better. But oh well. Ain't my Alma Mater.

Daytripper
June 15th, 2021, 02:22 PM

I've got a good friend who is 6'8" and 300 lb. He played OL for SFA around 2010. He has a side project that is a Facebook site called "Freaky Tall Reviews" where he tries and reviews products made for very tall men. https://www.facebook.com/freakytallreviews

SHSU90
June 15th, 2021, 02:30 PM
I've got a good friend who is 6'8" and 300 lb. He played OL for SFA around 2010. He has a side project that is a Facebook site called "Freaky Tall Reviews" where he tries and reviews products made for very tall men. https://www.facebook.com/freakytallreviews

A friend from SFA you say?
Did he congratulate you on the NC?

Daytripper
June 15th, 2021, 03:20 PM
A friend from SFA you say?
Did he congratulate you on the NC?

Haven't spoken to him since the game, but I am pretty sure he will give props...grudgingly...but props nonetheless.

BEAR
June 15th, 2021, 03:39 PM

xlolx Nice! Retail assumes that if you are 6'8" that you have to wear clothes that are XXXXL. Um. No. Also shoes in size 17 are not found anywhere except online. xlolx

SFA 93
June 15th, 2021, 07:51 PM
That must be Corey Dickerson.

Daytripper
June 15th, 2021, 11:28 PM
That must be Corey Dickerson.

Yes.

McCowboys
June 17th, 2021, 11:06 AM

UPSU -- I can just imagine all the fun opponents will have with that!

Libertine
June 17th, 2021, 09:36 PM

They deliver.

Laker
June 17th, 2021, 09:58 PM

Will they change their colors to brown and gold. Or become the UPSU Browns and say, "What can Brown do for you?"

Daytripper
June 18th, 2021, 09:41 AM

They should drop "state." Utah Polytechnic University...UPU

caribbeanhen
June 18th, 2021, 11:16 AM
Salt Lake State

McCowboys
June 18th, 2021, 12:20 PM
They deliver.

Will they change their colors to brown and gold. Or become the UPSU Browns and say, "What can Brown do for you?"

xnodx

Libertine
June 18th, 2021, 01:46 PM
I think they should lowercase the "P", just go as Up and change their mascot to the Wilderness Explorers.

BEAR
June 18th, 2021, 04:13 PM
Do we have an early favorite to win the WAC-ASUN conference title...or um...will there be 2 teams who can win their own side of the conference they are part of? xeyebrowx

Daytripper
June 18th, 2021, 05:43 PM
Do we have an early favorite to win the WAC-ASUN conference title...or um...will there be 2 teams who can win their own side of the conference they are part of? xeyebrowx

I think these three will end up at the top in some order: SH, UCA, JSU...

BEAR
June 22nd, 2021, 09:34 AM
Looks like UCA Board of Trustees is convening a meeting to approve nearly $1 million to resurface the football field, softball field, and baseball field. Might just be changing logos of the conference or who knows! xlolx

The Cats
June 22nd, 2021, 02:14 PM
Looks like UCA Board of Trustees is convening a meeting to approve nearly $1 million to resurface the football field, softball field, and baseball field. Might just be changing logos of the conference or who knows! xlolx

$1 million will not resurface the football field, softball field and baseball field, that's usually the price to do a football stadium.

However, they may be considering that lawn turf from Wal-Mart. LOL

Daytripper
June 22nd, 2021, 08:13 PM
Just a reminder that the FCS national champions will be playing in this conference in the fall!

https://media.giphy.com/media/YG7kWyoHjsWd2/giphy.gif

Libertine
June 22nd, 2021, 08:27 PM
$1 million will not resurface the football field, softball field and baseball field, that's usually the price to do a football stadium.

It is if you're only changing out the conference logos.

lionsrking2
June 22nd, 2021, 08:54 PM

However, they may be considering that lawn turf from Wal-Mart. LOL

It's very doable.

Laker
June 22nd, 2021, 09:00 PM
It is if you're only changing out the conference logos.

I was at St John's MN three weeks ago for the D3 regional. There is a nice SJU logo out behind 2nd base in the outfield. They had a nice plaque crediting the family that paid for it. I assumed it was just the logo and not the entire field.

BEAR
June 23rd, 2021, 09:14 AM
Surely it doesn't cost $1 million to replace two conference logos on the football field. xlolx
Neither the baseball or softball have SLC logos on them.
They must be replacing the two logos on the football field and finishing the turf for baseball and softball or adding turf on the sides of both so pitchers and catchers have a good place to warm up.

SFA 93
June 24th, 2021, 10:18 AM
Redoing the field at Homer Bryce, getting ready for 2021.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4p_B7ZXwAUrjXq?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4p_BkrXEAo1-eL?format=jpg&name=large

BEAR
June 24th, 2021, 10:47 AM
Redoing the field at Homer Bryce, getting ready for 2021.

They missed scraping up the track. xcoffeex

BEAR
June 24th, 2021, 01:21 PM
The Southland Conference adds Augusta (men & women), Delaware State (women) and Francis Marion (men) as golf affiliate members

katss07
June 24th, 2021, 11:30 PM
Can Francis Marion join for football too? They can’t be worse than HBU?

JSUSoutherner
June 25th, 2021, 07:14 AM
I think these three will end up at the top in some order: SH, UCA, JSU...

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Daytripper
June 25th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Who that is left is better than JSU?

JSUSoutherner
June 25th, 2021, 11:00 AM
Who that is left is better than JSU?

A team of 11 folding chairs.

Nobody has to be better than JSU because JSU will just beat themselves.

BEAR
June 25th, 2021, 11:34 AM

xlolx Nearly spit out my drink reading that! Ouch! Realism at its finest! xlolx

Katfan
June 25th, 2021, 11:36 AM
This guy sandbags more than McNeese fans!

BEAR
June 25th, 2021, 11:46 AM

Woah. Lake Charlies have been sand bagging ALOT lately....ouch...so he's our new Cowboy for the ASUN huh? Nice. Now I know...xlolx

Libertine
June 25th, 2021, 12:03 PM
Can Francis Marion join for football too? They can’t be worse than HBU?

Despite the best and prolonged efforts of Kyle Kallander to convince every D2 college in South Carolina to join the Big South, FMU has always resisted. Also, they don't sponsor football.

katss07
June 25th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Despite the best and prolonged efforts of Kyle Kallander to convince every D2 college in South Carolina to join the Big South, FMU has always resisted. Also, they don't sponsor football.
Well HBU doesn’t sponsor football either, so that wouldn’t be an issue.

BEAR
June 25th, 2021, 03:17 PM
Heard we ARE replacing the entire football field but keeping the stripes. The million $ is just requested funds. They are apparently getting donors to finish out the rest of the cost. The field was 10 years old anyway and needed replacing and the conference logos needed changing out..... so why not redo it all and upgrade baseball and softball too.

Sorry Sam fans.... you're coming to play on the Stripes! xlolx

Daytripper
June 25th, 2021, 03:19 PM
Heard we ARE replacing the entire football field but keeping the stripes. The million $ is just requested funds. They are apparently getting donors to finish out the rest of the cost. The field was 10 years old anyway and needed replacing and the conference logos needed changing out..... so why not redo it all and upgrade baseball and softball too.

Sorry Sam fans.... you're coming to play on the Stripes! xlolx

:(:(

BEAR
June 25th, 2021, 03:43 PM
:(:(

You look as sad as I am trying to enjoy tailgating at UCA....xlolx

JSUSoutherner
June 25th, 2021, 04:24 PM

If you saw us play Delaware or Austin Peay last season you'd know that there's no sandbagging happening here.

Libertine
June 25th, 2021, 09:23 PM
Well HBU doesn’t sponsor football either, so that wouldn’t be an issue.

<rimshot>

xlolx

Puddin Tane
June 26th, 2021, 09:59 PM

that rules us out. Folding would be too complex for our offense. We’re more like 10 bean bag chairs and a can of cold cane syrup

Puddin Tane
June 26th, 2021, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah. LU got new turf also. I believe they are finished

BEAR
June 27th, 2021, 11:03 PM
So WAC and ASUN fans....are we combining our weekly pick’em this year?

JSUSoutherner
June 28th, 2021, 07:16 AM
So WAC and ASUN fans....are we combining our weekly pick’em this year?

May as well just do an AQ7 pickem.

Just pencil me in for everyone playing JSU that given week.

SFA 93
July 1st, 2021, 09:44 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5N048tUcAEHwsX?format=jpg&name=medium

Daytripper
July 1st, 2021, 10:38 AM
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/212393775_10159876839545087_2186845159811697258_n. jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=GUXz5wQ3MtMAX_qZ4I9&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=39d87c2ca7aa742fa0be332c4703cb06&oe=60E37103

katss07
July 18th, 2021, 03:20 PM
An interesting commentary here, I’m not sure McNeese would just up and leave the Southland, but they’re clearly leading the pack in terms of facilities and success among the remaining SLC schools.

I’m not sure the WAC doesn’t have an auto bid in 2022 and beyond. I think the article might be incorrect there. Apparently they have a waiver from the NCAA.

https://www.americanpress.com/sports/commentary-should-they-stay-or-should-they-go-change-of-scenery-could-bring-benefits-for/article_84b1ea1a-e7db-11eb-beff-b7b2f7385def.html

TexasTerror
July 19th, 2021, 10:32 AM
An interesting commentary here, I’m not sure McNeese would just up and leave the Southland, but they’re clearly leading the pack in terms of facilities and success among the remaining SLC schools.

I’m not sure the WAC doesn’t have an auto bid in 2022 and beyond. I think the article might be incorrect there. Apparently they have a waiver from the NCAA.

https://www.americanpress.com/sports/commentary-should-they-stay-or-should-they-go-change-of-scenery-could-bring-benefits-for/article_84b1ea1a-e7db-11eb-beff-b7b2f7385def.html

Yes.

The WAC and ASUN both anticipate having two-year waivers for 2022 and 2023. If this was not a guarantee, they would likely be doing the AQ7 in at least '22 but all indications are that they are set!

Katfan
July 19th, 2021, 07:05 PM
Yes.

The WAC and ASUN both anticipate having two-year waivers for 2022 and 2023. If this was not a guarantee, they would likely be doing the AQ7 in at least '22 but all indications are that they are set!
I wouldn’t mind the aq7 for a couple years until we see what each conference looks like

katss07
July 19th, 2021, 11:48 PM
I wouldn’t mind the aq7 for a couple years until we see what each conference looks like
Nah... I disagree. I think we should jump right into WAC play by 2022. It’s already a solid 7 team conference, if the waiver is approved and the WAC can receive an auto bid, its a viable football league as is. Ideally though, I hope they can find an 8th football school for 2023. The WAC wants to expand.

Mike296
July 20th, 2021, 12:02 AM
My opinion for potential candidates for the WAC for football are A. UTRGV finally starts a football program. B. NAU/McNeese St leave their conferences for the WAC. C. D2 move ups which they’ve already shown they’re willing to do with Tarleton and Utah Poly(Dixie St) the ASUN is a bit trickier but I think APSU might be a decent fit for football but their basketball has been topsy turvy for a bit now. The only other realistic option is SLU which if McNeese joins the WAC would likely kill the Southland.

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2021, 05:12 AM
Key returning players for Sam Houston:

QB Eric Schmid
WR Jequez Ezzard
WR Ife Adyi
RB Ramon Jefferson
OL Prince Pines
OL Colby Thomas
DBs Zyon and Tristan McCollum
LB Trevor Williams
DL Jahari Kay
DL Trace Mascorro
DL Joseph Wallace

loaded

What’s the name of that third WR you mentioned?

Daytripper
July 23rd, 2021, 09:40 AM
loaded

What’s the name of that third WR you mentioned?

Chandler Harvin. He's a 6-2 red shirt sophomore. A big guy with good hands. He was hurt most of the Spring season and should be good to go.

SFA 93
July 23rd, 2021, 07:03 PM
SFA returns basically everyone.

* Returning Starters
QB:#1 TRAE SELF 6-4; 190 (JR.) *

(3 RB Rotation)
RB:#21 DA’LEON WARD 5-10; 180 (SR.) Injured 2020
RB:#24 JAQUARION TURNER 5-11; 202 (R/FR.) ALL-SLC (1ST TEAM) *
RB:#26 REED MILES 5-8; 190 (JR.) New

WR:#2 XAVIER GIBSON 5-9; 170 (SO.) ALL-AMERICAN ALL-SLC (1ST TEAM) *
WR:#11 JEREMIAH MILLER 6-2; 190 (JR.) *
WR:#10 DARRYLE SIMMONS 6-2; 212 (SO.) New

TE:#82 CHAD AUNE 6-4; 221 (R/FR.) ALL-SLC (1ST TEAM) *
OL:#71 ZACH IGRAM 6-7; 275 (SR.) ALL-SLC (1ST TEAM) *
OL:#66 KEEGAN HOLM 6-4; 285 (SO.) *
OL:#65 CLINT LAPIC 6-4; 290 (SO.) *
OL:#72 JUSTICE GUILLORY 6-3; 325 (FR.) (SLC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE YEAR) *
OL:#78 DREW BEYMER 6-9; 333 (JR.) *

P:#37 MAX QUICK 5-10; 185 (SO.) *
PK:#58 CHRIS CAMPOS 5-10; 220 (R/FR.) *
LS:#46 CHASE RUIZ 5-10; 235 (SO.) *

DE:#54 AMAD MURRAY 6-3; 245 (SO.) *
DT:#7 DENNIS OSAGIEDE 6-0; 290 (JR.) *
DT:#95 CALEB FOX 6-2; 310 (FR.) (SLC FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR; ALL-AMERICAN) *
DE:#12 BJ THOMPSON 6-6; 210 (JR.) (SLC NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR) 1ST TEAM *

LB:#6 BREVIN RANDLE 5-11; 228 (SO.) (SLC DEFENSIVE POY; 1ST TEAM) *
LB:#10 DAYDAY COLEMAN 6-0; 225 (JR.) *
S:#28 TKAI LLOYD 5-11; 180 (SO.) ALL-SLC (1ST TEAM) *

CB:#21 WILLIE ROBERTS 5-10; 180 (SO.) *
S:#38 TRENTON GORDON 5-11; 195 (SR.) Sat out 2020
S:#32 MYLES HEARD 5-9; 208 (SO.) ALL-SLC (1ST TEAM) *
CB:#10 MYLES BROOKS 6-1; 185 (SO.) *

SFA 93
July 23rd, 2021, 08:52 PM
SFA adds another receiver

WR: AUSTIN OGUNMAKIN 6-3; 201 Alief, Texas (Hastings) (So.) North Texas
G:18;REC:29;YDS:437;TD:1

His best game last season was their last game of the season against Appalachian State REC:7;YDS:131;TD:1

Also SFA picks up an OT from Oklahoma State, but he may not be eligible until 2022.

Don’t know his name yet.

McCowboys
July 24th, 2021, 08:07 AM
I was using my ESPN app to check baseball scores and thought I would look ahead to see if they had any NCAA football games listed. Mind you, this is just the app, but I do not see either the ASun, WAC, or ASun/WAC listed. Below the Southland are only a selection for Division II and III teams.

Libertine
July 24th, 2021, 11:53 AM
I was using my ESPN app to check baseball scores and thought I would look ahead to see if they had any NCAA football games listed. Mind you, this is just the app, but I do not see either the ASun, WAC, or ASun/WAC listed. Below the Southland are only a selection for Division II and III teams.

It's listed as AWC on ESPN's site.

McCowboys
July 24th, 2021, 05:31 PM
It's listed as AWC on ESPN's site.

That's good! But it's not shown on the app as far as I can tell.

SFA 93
July 25th, 2021, 08:40 AM
SFA AD Ryan Ivey has hired Chris Mycoskie to be the new voice of SFA football on ESPN+ and ESPN3 broadcasts.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1419330665829515266/yVcTbVZe?format=jpg&name=medium

SFA 93
July 27th, 2021, 11:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7T8qBKXoAk07nV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7T8okkWQAUTB0Z?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7T8n83WYAcEX7A?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7T8pPdXIAkGqmz?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

SFA 93
July 27th, 2021, 11:12 AM
Sam Houston State comes in as the pre-season #1 team in the nation (Football America Yearbook 2021 Top 30)

https://collegefootballamericapr.com/2021/07/26/sam-houston-state-is-no-1-in-college-football-america-yearbook-2021-preseason-fcs-top-30/?fbclid=IwAR0lbM_oB4KoqjSmTHFkQP9lP7qzMLAspx3kVneN zJTUsdXmfvrQL3EzMBM

2021 College Football America FCS Preseason Top 30

1. Sam Houston State
2. South Dakota State
3. North Dakota State
4. James Madison
5. Southern Illinois
6. Delaware
7. Montana
8. Eastern Washington
9. North Dakota
10. Southeastern Louisiana
11. Jacksonville State
12. Weber State
13. Monmouth (NJ)
14. Nicholls State
15. ETSU
16. Austin Peay
17. Villanova
18. Central Arkansas
19. Chattanooga
20. Kennesaw State
21. Missouri State
22. North Carolina A&T
23. VMI
24. Montana State
25. Illinois State
26. Holy Cross
27. Mercer
28. Murray State
29. San Diego
30. Stephen F. Austin

SFA 93
July 27th, 2021, 11:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbTKofXC0GU

SFA 93
July 27th, 2021, 11:33 AM
WAC-ASUN Challenge: Preseason Power Rankings
https://www.itemonline.com/sports/wac-asun-challenge-preseason-power-rankings/article_b7192402-ee5f-11eb-8265-6b0db4a37847.html

Daytripper
July 27th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Sam Houston State comes in as the pre-season #1 team in the nation (Football America Yearbook 2021 Top 30)

https://collegefootballamericapr.com/2021/07/26/sam-houston-state-is-no-1-in-college-football-america-yearbook-2021-preseason-fcs-top-30/?fbclid=IwAR0lbM_oB4KoqjSmTHFkQP9lP7qzMLAspx3kVneN zJTUsdXmfvrQL3EzMBM

1. Sam Houston State
2. South Dakota State
3. North Dakota State
4. James Madison
5. Southern Illinois
6. Delaware
7. Montana
8. Eastern Washington
9. North Dakota
11. Jacksonville State
12. Weber State
13. Monmouth (NJ)
14. Nicholls State
15. ETSU
16. Austin Peay
17. Villanova
18. Central Arkansas
19. Chattanooga
20. Kennesaw State
21. Missouri State
22. North Carolina A&T
23. VMI
24. Montana State
25. Illinois State
26. Holy Cross
27. Mercer
28. Murray State
29. San Diego
30. Stephen F. Austin

They should switch UCA and JSU.

BEAR
July 27th, 2021, 12:46 PM
They should switch UCA and JSU.

They have us below Austin Peay....who we've beaten TWICE recently. xsmhx

Katfan
July 27th, 2021, 08:44 PM
They have us below Austin Peay....who we've beaten TWICE recently. xsmhx
But they were good losses! 😀

caribbeanhen
July 27th, 2021, 10:39 PM

1. Sam Houston State
2. South Dakota State
3. North Dakota State
4. James Madison
5. Southern Illinois
6. Delaware
7. Montana
8. Eastern Washington
9. North Dakota
11. Jacksonville State
12. Weber State
13. Monmouth (NJ)
14. Nicholls State
15. ETSU
16. Austin Peay
17. Villanova
18. Central Arkansas
19. Chattanooga
20. Kennesaw State
21. Missouri State
22. North Carolina A&T
23. VMI
24. Montana State
25. Illinois State
26. Holy Cross
27. Mercer
28. Murray State
29. San Diego
30. Stephen F. Austin

21 thru 25 would thump Barbiesaw St

Laker
July 28th, 2021, 07:15 AM
WAC question- any updates on UTRGV starting football?

SFA 93
July 28th, 2021, 08:04 AM
2021 WAC Media Day Starts at 9:30 A.M. with ACU starting things off.

https://www.wacdigitalnetwork.com

Daytripper
July 28th, 2021, 09:56 AM
2021 WAC Media Day Starts at 9:30 A.M. with ACU starting things off.

https://www.wacdigitalnetwork.com

Thanks for the link.

katss07
July 28th, 2021, 02:35 PM
Jeff Hurd tells Josh Criswell of The Huntsville Item that the WAC has received interest from schools that have reached out looking to join. Hurd says the ideal number of teams in the football league is 9. He says they are “not close, but things can change overnight” when asked how close they are to adding schools.

This should end any speculation that the WAC is satisfied at 7 football schools. They want to add.

SFA 93
July 28th, 2021, 05:18 PM
Sam Houston State (FCS - TX): Per source, Micheal O’Guin Jr, a former graduate assistant at Norte Dame WKU, has accepted the defensive line position at Sam Houston State.

Laker
July 28th, 2021, 05:22 PM
Jeff Hurd tells Josh Criswell of The Huntsville Item that the WAC has received interest from schools that have reached out looking to join. Hurd says the ideal number of teams in the football league is 9. He says they are “not close, but things can change overnight” when asked how close they are to adding schools.

This should end any speculation that the WAC is satisfied at 7 football schools. They want to add.

Any guesses as to which teams?

katss07
July 28th, 2021, 06:06 PM
Well the WAC as a whole is currently at 13 as it stands (Chicago State will leave and SUU will replace them in 2022), so either they’re willing to expand the conference to 15, or only one (football playing) schools will be added and UTRGV will start football. My guess is the latter. That is, unless something crazy happens and the conference finds itself at 12 again. And crazy seems like the normal with this conference realignment stuff.

As to which school they would add beyond UTRGV picking up football? My guess is as good as yours.

SFA 93
July 29th, 2021, 11:33 AM
Promoted

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7edipzWUAQRDVi?format=jpg&name=900x900

He is the main reason for the top recruiting classes SFA has been taking in of late.

Libertine
July 29th, 2021, 01:48 PM
WAC question- any updates on UTRGV starting football?

In January, they announced they would start FCS football as early as 2022 but no later than 2024 but that's been the only official announcement about it. They haven't hired a coach and there isn't a team page on the UTRGV website so you'd have to think they definitely won't hit the field in '22 and probably won't in '23.

Nickels
August 1st, 2021, 08:06 PM
I hope Weber considers...that would be convenient for me.

Puddin Tane
August 5th, 2021, 02:10 PM
new strategy to make the offense less boring. Get em drunk. Doesnt work! Had the boot flask all last season.

https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2021/8/4/football-beer-garden-cardinal-cabanas-being-added-to-lu-gameday.aspx (https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2021/8/4/football-beer-garden-cardinal-cabanas-being-added-to-lu-gameday.aspx)

Daytripper
August 5th, 2021, 05:50 PM
new strategy to make the offense less boring. Get em drunk. Doesnt work! Had the boot flask all last season.

https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2021/8/4/football-beer-garden-cardinal-cabanas-being-added-to-lu-gameday.aspx (https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2021/8/4/football-beer-garden-cardinal-cabanas-being-added-to-lu-gameday.aspx)

If you guys can make that offense work in the long run it might be worthwhile. One of those oddities that teams don't normally prepare for. Trick is, you gotta stick with it and build on it.

acbearkat
August 5th, 2021, 05:52 PM

I’m afraid you’ll watch a rerun of the game in March October 9 in Huntsville. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Blaine Morgan shown the door after year three.

Daytripper
August 5th, 2021, 05:55 PM
https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/8/4/football-bearkats-attack-start-of-2021-fall-practice.aspx

The Kats return nearly all of its 2-deep – including all starters – on either side of the ball and special teams from its title roster for this fall season, and add a number of key transfers to go with a stellar freshman class that could include a handful of players to see the field early on.

Puddin Tane
August 6th, 2021, 01:09 AM
I’m afraid you’ll watch a rerun of the game in March October 9 in Huntsville. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Blaine Morgan shown the door after year three.

oh yeah. Beatdown for sure

Puddin Tane
August 6th, 2021, 01:13 AM
https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/8/4/football-bearkats-attack-start-of-2021-fall-practice.aspx

The Kats return nearly all of its 2-deep – including all starters – on either side of the ball and special teams from its title roster for this fall season, and add a number of key transfers to go with a stellar freshman class that could include a handful of players to see the field early on.

mercy...

updated LU roster today. Theres 48 new players. 65 freshmen, (that includes some spring freshmen). Only lost 1 player from the high octane offense!

SFA 93
August 6th, 2021, 07:52 AM
Here we go with first practice

Axe'Em

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8Gt-f2XoAI78Jf?format=jpg&name=large

CockyGeek
August 7th, 2021, 02:35 AM
I got my season tickets plus tickets to KSU today.

Let's goooooo.

SFA 93
August 8th, 2021, 05:59 PM
Kicker transfers to SFA

K: JAKE RUIZ 5-9; 200 Cypress, Texas (Cypress/Houston) (Fr.)
Had offers from SFA, Texas, Houston, Louisville, UTSA out of high school

https://chrissailerkicking.com/player-rankings/profile?player=9675

McCowboys
August 9th, 2021, 07:06 AM
Here we go with first practice

Axe'Em

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8Gt-f2XoAI78Jf?format=jpg&name=large

A ghost team? Cool!

Libertine
August 9th, 2021, 12:29 PM
A ghost team? Cool!

It's harder to bring down their ball carriers but, defensively, they can't stop the run. Let's see how this plays out.

McCowboys
August 9th, 2021, 05:48 PM
It's harder to bring down their ball carriers but, defensively, they can't stop the run. Let's see how this plays out.

Yeah, but when one of them hits you, it is a complete surprise! You never see it coming!

Puddin Tane
August 9th, 2021, 08:20 PM
A ghost team? Cool!

looks like LU’s offense

Katfan
August 9th, 2021, 09:25 PM
looks like LU’s offense
LU has an offense? When did that happen?

McCowboys
August 10th, 2021, 06:48 AM
looks like LU’s offense

xlolx (I really have no right to laugh since the Cards beat the Cowboys this spring, but it's still funny.)

TheKingpin28
August 10th, 2021, 07:55 AM
I hope Weber considers...that would be convenient for me.

When did you move out to that part of Utah?

Nickels
August 10th, 2021, 03:45 PM

Cautiously optimistic. Every playoff game was decided by a play or two. The Kats always came through when it mattered but can they continue to stay perfect while playing on the edge like that? Can Schmid stay healthy? Cant doubt his toughness but damn he gets lit up too much. Short off-season. Targets on their backs. Going to be tough to repeat...I expected us to make a nice run in 2013, with an experienced team, but the entire season was a let down.

I also expect the FCS talent & competitiveness to be at an all-time high with the extra year of eligibility given across college football. An entire class is coming in with few new scholarships available. It will have an impact.

When did you move out to that part of Utah?
November 2019. I was in Houston for a few years after graduating. Not for me. Hated it. Looked for potential places. Found, visited, and loved Northern Utah. Packed all of my **** into Penske truck and moved to SLC. Fun place but too liberal and too much crime for me. Riots happened on my street last year. Homeless increasing. Moved up to Ogden in January. Love it here.

I ski (can see Snowbasin peak from back porch, pass at Pow Mow too), hike, backpack or ride moto as much as possible. Kayak fishing, elk & bow hunting & climbing are next hobbies. Ignore clown world and enjoy active lifestyle. Life is good. Still have family farm in NE Texas. Food sucks here so it's a nice quarterly retreat back home.

I hope you're doing well. I havent made it to MT, MN or ND yet but on my bucket list...I hope they're better drivers up there...

TheKingpin28
August 11th, 2021, 08:01 AM
November 2019. I was in Houston for a few years after graduating. Not for me. Hated it. Looked for potential places. Found, visited, and loved Northern Utah. Packed all of my **** into Penske truck and moved to SLC. Fun place but too liberal and too much crime for me. Riots happened on my street last year. Homeless increasing. Moved up to Ogden in January. Love it here.

I ski (can see Snowbasin peak from back porch, pass at Pow Mow too), hike, backpack or ride moto as much as possible. Kayak fishing, elk & bow hunting & climbing are next hobbies. Ignore clown world and enjoy active lifestyle. Life is good. Still have family farm in NE Texas. Food sucks here so it's a nice quarterly retreat back home.

I hope you're doing well. I havent made it to MT, MN or ND yet but on my bucket list...I hope they're better drivers up there...

Yeah I thought about moving out to SLC, but the 3.2 law turned me away real quick. I live about 15-20 minutes from where the initial riots and thuggery happened in Uptown/Minneapolis and I am so glad I do not live near it cause one of my best friends lives near it and he said it reminded him of COD Warzone. **** was on fire and we recently drove through the area and it still looks rough. I have a buddy who lives in Park City and he wanted me to move out there, but I was hesitant against it. Another friend wanted me to move down to Moab, (spent time out there or about 3 weeks when I was teen) and I considered that. The outdoors aspect makes Utah quite enticing but I like hockey too much and Utah and hockey are not good friends. Haha

Ogden looks like a legit place, (I couldn't live in Provo for obvious reasons) and I wanted to get out there for when NDSU played BBQU but it did not work out.

I am doing well and cannot complain. NDSU football starts back-up shortly. Drivers are better in North Dakota than Twin Cities I can tell you that much. City drivers are absolute trash. I feel like half of them did not earn their license, they were just given it cause the DMV is told to not reject anyone cause that would be discriminatory.

katss07
August 11th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Why anyone would willingly live in the cultural wasteland that is Utah is beyond me

It’s actually miraculous that anyone from Utah can post on here... I didn’t realize the internet connection was good enough

SHSU90
August 11th, 2021, 02:15 PM
Cautiously optimistic. Every playoff game was decided by a play or two. The Kats always came through when it mattered but can they continue to stay perfect while playing on the edge like that? Can Schmid stay healthy? Cant doubt his toughness but damn he gets lit up too much. Short off-season. Targets on their backs. Going to be tough to repeat...I expected us to make a nice run in 2013, with an experienced team, but the entire season was a let down.

I also expect the FCS talent & competitiveness to be at an all-time high with the extra year of eligibility given across college football. An entire class is coming in with few new scholarships available. It will have an impact.

Nickels
Near what town in NE Texas?
I would think Ogden would be nice although have never been

Nickels
August 11th, 2021, 09:47 PM
Yeah I thought about moving out to SLC, but the 3.2 law turned me away real quick. I live about 15-20 minutes from where the initial riots and thuggery happened in Uptown/Minneapolis and I am so glad I do not live near it cause one of my best friends lives near it and he said it reminded him of COD Warzone. **** was on fire and we recently drove through the area and it still looks rough. I have a buddy who lives in Park City and he wanted me to move out there, but I was hesitant against it. Another friend wanted me to move down to Moab, (spent time out there or about 3 weeks when I was teen) and I considered that. The outdoors aspect makes Utah quite enticing but I like hockey too much and Utah and hockey are not good friends. Haha

Ogden looks like a legit place, (I couldn't live in Provo for obvious reasons) and I wanted to get out there for when NDSU played BBQU but it did not work out.

I am doing well and cannot complain. NDSU football starts back-up shortly. Drivers are better in North Dakota than Twin Cities I can tell you that much. City drivers are absolute trash. I feel like half of them did not earn their license, they were just given it cause the DMV is told to not reject anyone cause that would be discriminatory.
3.2 is gone, 5% abv now for beers from the corner stores. No limit from liquor store. You can legally import from other states for personal consumption. Wyoming has the cheapest liquor in nation (no additional taxes like other states) and is only an hour away so I just get a few bottles when I'm passing through. The alcohol laws are less strict here than where I grew up in Texas (dry counties) so it doesnt bother me much. Since they have a set profit percentage on liquor, you can get some amazing deals on rare stuff in Utah. I'm more of a smoker these days since it's the only way I can keep up with the calorie intake needed. We have medical cards now that are really easy to get.

Yeah SLC is my favorite city...but it is a city and filled with crust punk antifa types. Mayor told the police not to intervene. As soon as anarchy broke out, it essentially never stopped - mass theft, rampant "homelessness" and substantial violent crime increases (I was beaten with medal rod in December after catching thieves. Multiple witnesses, the dip**** admitted to it and the police worked their asses off on the paperwork - still no arrest or prosecution. Clown world.). Had to pull my gun 3 times on punks during riot day...Never living in a progressive city again...I knew better.

PC is very pretty and clean...but very expensive, feels crowded and full of rich assholes with vacation homes (lots of celebs, Yankees and Californians). Sundance film festival happens there. Best week to ski PC. Had my season pass there last two years. Easy drive from downtown SLC.

I've never seen ice hockey on the lakes or reservoirs here, just ice fishing.

Ogden was a dying industrial town, known for being a ****hole, but the location has made it very appealing over the past decade. Was looking at small condos near mountains in 2018 for 100-150k. Same condos going for 200-300 now. Doubled in less than four years. Insane. Going to have to bite the bullet soon regardless. I wouldnt live in Provo either but you would probably be surprised how much it's changed over the years. A lot of tech companies and transplants have moved into the northern part of Provo valley. I'm actually surprised at the lack of Mormon influence here in general. Expected much more.

Blown away at how ****ty the driving is out West. Figured people would be better considering the elements and curvy roads. Nope.

Why anyone would willingly live in the cultural wasteland that is Utah is beyond me

It’s actually miraculous that anyone from Utah can post on here... I didn’t realize the internet connection was good enough
Yes, please tell your friends. It's essentially a Mormon commune across the entire state. No culture whatsoever. Hard to understand how it's the fastest growing and youngest state in the nation. I really miss the Houston culture of crime, floods, trash, boredom, hideous sprawl, complete dependence on O&G, urban decay and obesity. If only I could give up skiing the best snow on earth, walking from my house to mile-high mountains or streets filled with bars and fit young women, the awesome job market and lack of ghetto bull**** for sitting in traffic with wonderful Houstonians for 3 hours a day instead.

Right? Who would have thought Silicon Slopes had an actual internet connection.

Nickels
Near what town in NE Texas?
I would think Ogden would be nice although have never been
Pritchett. Tiny town between Big Sandy and Gilmer. 35 minutes NE of Tyler.

If we get Weber to join, I'd love to throw a Kat party here one day.

Will someone please talk **** on my team so I can throw some shade back? Being number one kind of sucks. It was much more fun when 90% of AGS was trashing us all preseason.

SFA 93
August 12th, 2021, 06:49 AM
I drive through Pritchett every time I go back home to visit my folks in Morris County between Daingerfield and Hughes Springs.

JSUSoutherner
August 12th, 2021, 07:14 AM
When I graduated in 2019 I was looking very heavily at Denver or the SLC area. Honestly Southern Utah is one of my favorite places in the country.

Didn't end up in either of them though.

caribbeanhen
August 12th, 2021, 07:28 AM
Utah? Not the Kind of salt water I like to look at, too far from the playa and the Lake is not it

TribeNomad1
August 12th, 2021, 08:20 AM
When I graduated in 2019 I was looking very heavily at Denver or the SLC area. Honestly Southern Utah is one of my favorite places in the country.

Didn't end up in either of them though.

Been to SLC a few times, for me no big deal. A fan of the SW in general, love the northern part of Arizona. Recent trip we spent time in N. Arizona, spent one day/night in Kanab , Utah (very southern part). Small town, our guide (from Texas originally) warned us about the tight knit fabric there. One evening about eight or so we popped into the local grocery store, weird vibe right away, families where everyone looked the same, women in full length prairie dresses.....etc... Long line at checkout, aside from the biker guys behind us, everyone looked like extras from the Stepford Wives.

JSUSoutherner
August 12th, 2021, 08:54 AM
Been to SLC a few times, for me no big deal. A fan of the SW in general, love the northern part of Arizona. Recent trip we spent time in N. Arizona, spent one day/night in Kanab , Utah (very southern part). Small town, our guide (from Texas originally) warned us about the tight knit fabric there. One evening about eight or so we popped into the local grocery store, weird vibe right away, families where everyone looked the same, women in full length prairie dresses.....etc... Long line at checkout, aside from the biker guys behind us, everyone looked like extras from the Stepford Wives. Of all the national parks I've been to, Zion National Park stands alone at the top of my list.

katss07
August 12th, 2021, 09:49 AM
3.2 is gone, 5% abv now for beers from the corner stores. No limit from liquor store. You can legally import from other states for personal consumption. Wyoming has the cheapest liquor in nation (no additional taxes like other states) and is only an hour away so I just get a few bottles when I'm passing through. The alcohol laws are less strict here than where I grew up in Texas (dry counties) so it doesnt bother me much. Since they have a set profit percentage on liquor, you can get some amazing deals on rare stuff in Utah. I'm more of a smoker these days since it's the only way I can keep up with the calorie intake needed. We have medical cards now that are really easy to get.

Yeah SLC is my favorite city...but it is a city and filled with crust punk antifa types. Mayor told the police not to intervene. As soon as anarchy broke out, it essentially never stopped - mass theft, rampant "homelessness" and substantial violent crime increases (I was beaten with medal rod in December after catching thieves. Multiple witnesses, the dip**** admitted to it and the police worked their asses off on the paperwork - still no arrest or prosecution. Clown world.). Had to pull my gun 3 times on punks during riot day...Never living in a progressive city again...I knew better.

PC is very pretty and clean...but very expensive, feels crowded and full of rich assholes with vacation homes (lots of celebs, Yankees and Californians). Sundance film festival happens there. Best week to ski PC. Had my season pass there last two years. Easy drive from downtown SLC.

I've never seen ice hockey on the lakes or reservoirs here, just ice fishing.

Ogden was a dying industrial town, known for being a ****hole, but the location has made it very appealing over the past decade. Was looking at small condos near mountains in 2018 for 100-150k. Same condos going for 200-300 now. Doubled in less than four years. Insane. Going to have to bite the bullet soon regardless. I wouldnt live in Provo either but you would probably be surprised how much it's changed over the years. A lot of tech companies and transplants have moved into the northern part of Provo valley. I'm actually surprised at the lack of Mormon influence here in general. Expected much more.

Blown away at how ****ty the driving is out West. Figured people would be better considering the elements and curvy roads. Nope.

Yes, please tell your friends. It's essentially a Mormon commune across the entire state. No culture whatsoever. Hard to understand how it's the fastest growing and youngest state in the nation. I really miss the Houston culture of crime, floods, trash, boredom, hideous sprawl, complete dependence on O&G, urban decay and obesity. If only I could give up skiing the best snow on earth, walking from my house to mile-high mountains or streets filled with bars and fit young women, the awesome job market and lack of ghetto bull**** for sitting in traffic with wonderful Houstonians for 3 hours a day instead.

Right? Who would have thought Silicon Slopes had an actual internet connection.

Pritchett. Tiny town between Big Sandy and Gilmer. 35 minutes NE of Tyler.

If we get Weber to join, I'd love to throw a Kat party here one day.

Will someone please talk **** on my team so I can throw some shade back? Being number one kind of sucks. It was much more fun when 90% of AGS was trashing us all preseason.
You don’t have to worry, I’d like to think most of my friends are conscious enough to avoid the state ran by people who wear magic undergarments.

MR. CHICKEN
August 12th, 2021, 10:02 AM
Been to SLC a few times, for me no big deal. A fan of the SW in general, love the northern part of Arizona. Recent trip we spent time in N. Arizona, spent one day/night in Kanab , Utah (very southern part). Small town, our guide (from Texas originally) warned us about the tight knit fabric there. One evening about eight or so we popped into the local grocery store, weird vibe right away, families where everyone looked the same, women in full length prairie dresses.....etc... Long line at checkout, aside from the biker guys behind us, everyone looked like extras from the Stepford Wives.

.........IT'S LIKE DAT....INNA LOTTA PLACES.........GIRLFRIEND UH HENRIETTAH......MOVED TA SMALL TOWN IN GEORGIA..........HER/HUSBAND...EXPERIENCED STUFF.......LIKE BEIN' SKIPPED OVER IN CHECK-OUT...@ LIQUOR STORE FO' LOCALS....DUH.....NORFFERN ACCENT.......DID'NT GO OVERAH WELL......PREDJUDICE......WAS TOO MUCH.......WASN'T LONG.....DEY MOVED BACK........AWK!

Puddin Tane
August 12th, 2021, 10:14 AM
Never been to utah. Or arizona. Or abilene. Or stephenville. Thats why the WACk doesnt excite me. I need swamps.

acbearkat
August 12th, 2021, 10:32 AM
Never been to utah. Or arizona. Or abilene. Or stephenville. Thats why the WACk doesnt excite me. I need swamps.

[emoji38]

BEAR
August 12th, 2021, 01:29 PM
You don’t have to worry, I’d like to think most of my friends are conscious enough to avoid the state ran by people who wear magic undergarments.

So you avoid the VooDoo stuff in WEEZY-ANNA too?.....xlolx

Puddin Tane
August 12th, 2021, 03:48 PM
So you avoid the VooDoo stuff in WEEZY-ANNA too?.....xlolx

dont be messin with Marie Laveau!

Daytripper
August 12th, 2021, 06:40 PM

There are parts of Utah and Arizona that are absolutely beautiful. Abilene and Stephenville, not so much.

Outsider1
August 12th, 2021, 06:53 PM
There are parts of Utah and Arizona that are absolutely beautiful. Abilene and Stephenville, no so much.

Keep Abilene boring.

Daytripper
August 12th, 2021, 06:59 PM
Sam Houston Bearkats:

Quarterbacks Preview: https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/8/3/2021-bearkat-football-preview-quarterbacks.aspx
Running Backs Preview: https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/8/6/2021-bearkat-football-preview-running-backs.aspx
WRs/TEs Preview: https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/8/10/2021-bearkat-football-preview-wide-receivers-tight-ends.aspx

acbearkat
August 12th, 2021, 07:15 PM
There are parts of Utah and Arizona that are absolutely beautiful. Abilene and Stephenville, not so much.

The ACU campus is nice.

SFA 93
August 14th, 2021, 03:56 PM
First scrimmage

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8xRSlJWEAcsXC2?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8xRTBeXEAMzUVa?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8s-4cWXEAIAae0?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8xRTXjWEAUb2Qy?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8xRTv9XsAAIgOP?format=jpg&name=large

BEAR
August 16th, 2021, 11:22 AM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1427017698396020737

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E84Dcv9WYAEon7F?format=jpg&name=360x360
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E84DjVUWEAInmT3?format=jpg&name=360x360

SHSU90
August 16th, 2021, 04:17 PM
I actually love the Big Country as they call it out that way!

Daytripper
August 16th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Sam Houston Bearkats:

Quarterbacks Preview: https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/8/3/2021-bearkat-football-preview-quarterbacks.aspx
Running Backs Preview: https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/8/6/2021-bearkat-football-preview-running-backs.aspx
WRs/TEs Preview: https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/8/10/2021-bearkat-football-preview-wide-receivers-tight-ends.aspx

Offensive Line Preview: https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/8/13/2021-bearkat-football-preview-offensive-line.aspx

SFA 93
August 16th, 2021, 06:26 PM
New turf is down, looks really good. Next comes the new track.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E88L-F5XIAcl1QL?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E88L-F4X0AU0gKx?format=jpg&name=large

katss07
August 17th, 2021, 10:55 PM
The WAC’s new TV deal will be with ESPN according to Matt Brown of Extra Points (who else would break news like this?). Apparently they weren’t the only network interested in the WAC’s TV rights but I think ESPN+ is a fine platform and I’m glad it’s not Flo.

BEAR
August 18th, 2021, 04:34 PM
UCA football is scrimmaging tonight at 6:30. I'll see if I can get some pics. Pretty heavy downpours here so it may not happen. xlolx

BEAR
August 18th, 2021, 08:22 PM

Outsider1
August 18th, 2021, 08:31 PM
ACU LB preview. We haven't been getting much info, so we even cherish nibbles at this point.

ACU Football Preview: Linebackers - Abilene Christian University Athletics (acusports.com) (https://acusports.com/news/2021/8/18/acu-football-preview-linebackers.aspx)

caribbeanhen
August 18th, 2021, 08:36 PM
The WAC’s new TV deal will be with ESPN according to Matt Brown of Extra Points (who else would break news like this?). Apparently they weren’t the only network interested in the WAC’s TV rights but I think ESPN+ is a fine platform and I’m glad it’s not Flo.

Flo can kiss my grits

Outsider1
August 19th, 2021, 07:21 PM
DB preview:

ACU Football Preview: Defensive Backs - Abilene Christian University Athletics (acusports.com) (https://acusports.com/news/2021/8/19/acu-football-preview-defensive-backs.aspx)

Puddin Tane
August 19th, 2021, 07:32 PM
ACU LB preview. We haven't been getting much info, so we even cherish nibbles at this point.

ACU Football Preview: Linebackers - Abilene Christian University Athletics (acusports.com) (https://acusports.com/news/2021/8/18/acu-football-preview-linebackers.aspx)

nibbles are more than we are getting. I do know kids showed up the first day! Other than that…crickets

Puddin Tane
August 19th, 2021, 07:34 PM
Acu and LU are in stealth mode. Shhhhhh, top secret stuff going on. Maybe weve put in a pass play. Dare to dream!

Katfan
August 20th, 2021, 07:03 AM
Acu and LU are in stealth mode. Shhhhhh, top secret stuff going on. Maybe weve put in a pass play. Dare to dream!
Nah!

SFA 93
August 20th, 2021, 11:00 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9Kz5IGWQAQNZ1Z?format=jpg&name=medium

Breaking in the new turf at Home Bryce Stadium getting ready for tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9LBmTfXIAIMg_9?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9LBl4sX0AEdd2w?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9LBlcfWUAAT_Ex?format=jpg&name=large

Outsider1
August 20th, 2021, 04:57 PM
The ACU football info is in stealth mode, not so sure about our play.

Outsider1
August 20th, 2021, 07:00 PM
ACU DL preview.

ACU Football Preview: Defensive Line - Abilene Christian University Athletics (acusports.com) (https://acusports.com/news/2021/8/20/acu-football-preview-defensive-line.aspx)

Puddin Tane
August 20th, 2021, 11:36 PM
We got an open scrimmage in the morning. Gates open at 6:30 am. Yeah…that aint gonna happen.

SFA 93
August 21st, 2021, 12:45 PM
Fall camp in the books for SFA

https://twitter.com/SFA_Football/status/1429126899654070288?s=20

https://twitter.com/SFA_Football/status/1429141508251344896?s=20

Daytripper
August 23rd, 2021, 08:58 PM
At least one student at Utah Valley University thinks that they should consider a football program. https://www.uvureview.com/sports/opinion-the-lack-of-a-football-team-costs-uvu-in-student-attendance-and-fan-loyalty/

- - - Updated - - -

Daytripper
August 23rd, 2021, 09:57 PM
All I can say is I am glad #12 is back for Sam Houston. Dude. Is. A. Player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnFf7TgaxEY

Panther88
August 24th, 2021, 02:26 PM
All I can say is I am glad #12 is back for Sam Houston. Dude. Is. A. Player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnFf7TgaxEY

He is very gifted. As is the CISD connection @ LBer and QB for SHSU. I initially thought Q~ would txfer to Boise St once the Tulane experiment was over.

katss07
August 24th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Tons of great talent coming out of The Woodlands… Conroe not so much