PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2021 STATS all america teams

kdinva
May 10th, 2021, 01:25 PM
https://theanalyst.com/na/2021/05/widespread-talent-fills-stats-perform-fcs-all-america-team/

3 Keydets.

I presume Phil Steele and the AP will announce their AA teams soon?

Daytripper
May 10th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Not sure who I would replace, but no SH #95 Joseph Wallace on the D-line is a crime.

lionsrking2
May 10th, 2021, 01:55 PM
Congrats to Cole Kelley and Ferlando Jordan — well deserved!

lionsrking2
May 10th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Not sure who I would replace, but no SH #95 Joseph Wallace on the D-line is a crime.

Any one of them could have made it and no one would argue.

Daytripper
May 10th, 2021, 01:58 PM
Congrats to Cole Kelley and Ferlando Jordan — well deserved!

Yes. Kelley was the best QB in the FCS this spring.

Daytripper
May 10th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Any one of them could have made it and no one would argue.

Mascorro got all of the preseason hype, But Wallace was in everybody's backfield all season. Jahari Kay is well deserved. I LOVE our d-line.

lionsrking2
May 10th, 2021, 02:10 PM
Mascorro got all of the preseason hype, But Wallace was in everybody's backfield all season. Jahari Kay is well deserved. I LOVE our d-line.

I know our coaches felt Sam had the best D-line we've faced since they've been here, other than LSU — and that includes Ole Miss and ULM. I concur.

lionsrking2
May 10th, 2021, 02:14 PM
Yes. Kelley was the best QB in the FCS this spring.

This is what Southern Illinois head coach, Nick Hill, had to say about Cole right after we played them:

"That was one of the best QB performances, stayin' in, whether I played and watched the other QBs or coaching that we've played against — whether it's, it's Flacco, Trey Lance, Carson Wentz — I mean, that kid was just an absolute warrior out there. He took more hits than I've ever seen a QB take, and just didn't even faze him. I went up to him after the game and the kid was just, ya know, smilin' and just a, a competitor."

"He was mad he didn't win the game ... I thought it was 90% (when told he completed 81%) ... the ones that were dropped, he had a couple of drops in there that were on the money, and uh, and it wasn't uh — our plan was to be overagressive — we had to come, I don't know how many times — I know that's not a stat we track, but we had to have hit him 20 times or more, and a couple of 'em, we had some of our best guys square him up and just deliver some blows to him and uh, yeah — he's 6-7, 260 pounds and he'll be a draft pick next year if he comes back to play for his senior year."