PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Spring FCS Championship: South Dakota State vs Sam Houston

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
May 8th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Game will kick off at 1PM CT on Sunday May 16th. It will be nationally televised on ABC. The broadcast team will be the same team that did the SH/JMU game (Dave Pasch, Andre Ware, and Kris Budden).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51168741629_153d0b6924_c.jpg

I'll add more details to this post as they become available. Who do you have raising the trophy in Frisco and why?

BNATION
May 8th, 2021, 05:11 PM
Kats by a million! Sorry that’s the Dos Equis talking

JSUSoutherner
May 8th, 2021, 05:12 PM
SDSU by 47.

Bearkat04
May 8th, 2021, 05:44 PM
SDSU by 47.

Na that will be SHSU by 47 at Bowers in October vs Y’all

marenlee
May 8th, 2021, 06:03 PM
I hope most Bison fans are with me cheering for Sam Houston. Eat em up Kats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator
May 8th, 2021, 06:13 PM
I'd love nothing more then seeing the Bearkats beat the wabbits but I don't think it'll happen. SDSU seems like the most complete team this spring and they are playing very well right now.

caribbeanhen
May 8th, 2021, 06:15 PM
If Ezzard is in Fargo, Sammy has a great chance to win

JSUSoutherner
May 8th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Na that will be SHSU by 47 at Bowers in October vs Y’all

I can only hope.

Daytripper
May 8th, 2021, 06:50 PM
Over/Under 100?

BNATION
May 8th, 2021, 06:53 PM
Over/Under 100?
Under

mmiller_34
May 8th, 2021, 07:02 PM
Pretty easy game to pick:

Sam Houston - 36
SDSU 17

POD Knows
May 8th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Pretty easy game to pick:

Sam Houston - 36
SDSU 17

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAvatar bet, I got SDSU and you would have to use an avatar of my choice for as often as I choose to change it until the end of 2022. You already got Kristi Noem until the end of the year, what is another year of avatar humiliation. Oh, and if SHSU pulls off another fluke, you can badge me until the end of 2021, remember, I have won two bets here, there is no equity in this wager.

BNATION
May 8th, 2021, 07:35 PM
Avatar bet, I got SDSU and you would have to use an avatar of my choice for as often as I choose to change it until the end of 2022. You already got Kristi Noem until the end of the year, what is another year of avatar humiliation. Oh, and if SHSU pulls off another fluke, you can badge me until the end of 2021, remember, I have won two bets here, there is no equity in this wager.
Easy money. I’ll take that bet.

Professor Chaos
May 8th, 2021, 07:36 PM
I hope most Bison fans are with me cheering for Sam Houston. Eat em up Kats!

I'm rooting for the Jacks... never felt the animosity towards them that I felt for that other school who used to be NDSU's main rival. Keep the championship in the MVFC and let SDSU have the target on their backs this fall (although that'll probably be the case for them win or lose).

SPORTSMAN66
May 8th, 2021, 07:47 PM
Jacks big.....SHSU will only win if they get turnovers and special team play like today.

mvfcfan
May 8th, 2021, 07:47 PM
I'm rooting for the Jacks, but I won't be too overly disappointed if SHSU wins. I'll actually feel somewhat bad for the Sammy fanbase if they lose another championship game. I'm just happy that NDSU and JMU are not in the game. It's refreshing to have different teams for a change where one of them will win their first ever title.

Daytripper
May 8th, 2021, 07:54 PM
I'm rooting for the Jacks, but I won't be too overly disappointed if SHSU wins. I'll actually feel somewhat bad for the Sammy fanbase if they lose another championship game. I'm just happy that NDSU and JMU are not in the game. It's refreshing to have different teams for a change where one of them will win their first ever title.

Not only will a school win their first title, I think these were the two best FCS teams all season. This is how it should be.

JSUSoutherner
May 8th, 2021, 08:17 PM
Avatar bet, I got SDSU and you would have to use an avatar of my choice for as often as I choose to change it until the end of 2022. You already got Kristi Noem until the end of the year, what is another year of avatar humiliation. Oh, and if SHSU pulls off another fluke, you can badge me until the end of 2021, remember, I have won two bets here, there is no equity in this wager.

Jokes on you. If you win he'll just disappear for another year.

POD Knows
May 8th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Jokes on you. If you win he'll just disappear for another year.Nah, he will wear the avatar I give him with pride, he will gloat for a year, he will sandbag and whine that it was a one time deal for SDSU and it will never happen again, he will hang around until SDSU disappears back into obscurity where they belong.

Outsider1
May 8th, 2021, 08:31 PM
The Jacks should be favored, but the Kats seem to have a chip on their shoulder right now and are using it to find ways to win. This should be an interesting game either way. Go Kats, can't wait to see you in the WAC....

Houndawg
May 8th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Jacks by 9

Serpentor
May 8th, 2021, 09:17 PM
Kats by 3, THIS... I COMMAND!

BNATION
May 8th, 2021, 09:22 PM
Talked to Josh McCown at the game today. Was good to see him supporting the guys. Class act.

TheRevSFA
May 8th, 2021, 09:27 PM
One of these teams will win, and one of these teams will most assuredly lose.

Chalupa Batman
May 8th, 2021, 09:37 PM
Best offensive line in FCS versus the best front 7 in FCS. Jackrabbits have been getting such good push lately that runs that look like they went nowhere are still 3-4 yard gains. The Bearkats like to get in the backfield and disrupt plays before they have a chance to start, will be a very fun matchup to watch.

caribbeanhen
May 8th, 2021, 09:45 PM
Best offensive line in FCS versus the best front 7 in FCS. Jackrabbits have been getting such good push lately that runs that look like they went nowhere are still 3-4 yard gains. The Bearkats like to get in the backfield and disrupt plays before they have a chance to start, will be a very fun matchup to watch.

this is on the money

BNATION
May 8th, 2021, 10:07 PM
31962This did not age well

Puddin Tane
May 8th, 2021, 11:02 PM
Ok. Went ahead and went with Sammy. But may petition for a change of vote

-how Sam do injury wise today? Ol, DL
-did Schmid play like Schmid or did he play like Brock? Dudes gone schizophrenic

katss07
May 8th, 2021, 11:09 PM

-did Schmid play like Schmid or did he play like Brock? Dudes gone schizophrenic
Brock played in the first half today. Check that, Mike Dare played in the first half today. If second half Schmid shows up we could pull off this upset. Just like today.

Bearkat04
May 8th, 2021, 11:10 PM

Overall injury wise we did fine. Had a kid carted off on a kick coverage late in the third quarter. He hit the returner hard and apparently knocked himself out. Apparently he was ok and moving around at the hospital. Scary for sure but he should be ok.

Schmid.... tale of two halves. We looked lost in the first half. Combo of JMU being good and he was just off. Second half got going a bit and ended up with a decent day. Couple rushing td’s and threw 1 as well. He just isn’t the same guy though. Seems indecisive at times and panics on some throws. One of his interceptions was a screen pass that he just flat out threw too hard. I’m no coach so I may be wrong here but he needs to set his feet. He throws off his back foot a lot. In fairness though, we have played 3 great defenses in a row now and we have found ways to win.

Puddin Tane
May 8th, 2021, 11:34 PM
He played like a heisman candidate against us. I think by that point in the season, we were actually playing some upperclassmen on defense. Played a very impressive game

Chalupa Batman
May 9th, 2021, 03:11 AM
Nah, he will wear the avatar I give him with pride, he will gloat for a year, he will sandbag and whine that it was a one time deal for SDSU and it will never happen again, he will hang around until SDSU disappears back into obscurity where they belong.

Nah, they aren’t going away. It took Stig quite a while to build a Bison-like team because they’re right in our backyard but he has the recruiting pipelines in place he needs to maintain this. Maybe not reload year in and year out like we did for a decade, but probably not more than a year off of being a legit title contender. I think our rivalry is about to really jump off.

Professor Chaos
May 9th, 2021, 03:17 AM
Nah, they aren’t going away. It took Stig quite a while to build a Bison-like team because they’re right in our backyard but he has the recruiting pipelines in place he needs to maintain this. Maybe not reload year in and year out like we did for a decade, but probably not more than a year off of being a legit title contender. I think our rivalry is about to really jump off.
Might just be my perception as a Bison fan but I feel like most programs threw up the white flag when NDSU's run of dominance started. SDSU didn't... they built a new IPF and transformed their stadium into one of the premier facilities in the FCS. Year in year out they became one of the toughest teams for those perennial Bison championship teams to beat. This spring they got over that hump and look at where they are now coming from a program that made one playoff appearance in their entire D2 history... tons of momentum and they aren't likely to slow down anytime soon.

lionsrking2
May 9th, 2021, 03:34 AM
Might just be my perception as a Bison fan but I feel like most programs threw up the white flag when NDSU's run of dominance started. SDSU didn't... they built a new IPF and transformed their stadium into one of the premier facilities in the FCS. Year in year out they became one of the toughest teams for those perennial Bison championship teams to beat. This spring they got over that hump and look at where they are now coming from a program that made one playoff appearance in their entire D2 history... tons of momentum and they aren't likely to slow down anytime soon.

It's a little easier to fund and finance large-scale athletic facilities when you're a major state school. Probably should have said a lot easier.

mmiller_34
May 9th, 2021, 07:43 AM
Jokes on you. If you win he'll just disappear for another year.

Ouch. I’ve been here a lot longer than you have.

I know exactly what I’m doing. And I take that bet with POD everyday of the week because..

THERE [emoji122] IS [emoji122] NO [emoji122] WAY [emoji122] SDSU [emoji122]WINS [emoji122]A [emoji122]CHAMPIONSHIP

mmiller_34
May 9th, 2021, 07:44 AM
Nah, he will wear the avatar I give him with pride, he will gloat for a year, he will sandbag and whine that it was a one time deal for SDSU and it will never happen again, he will hang around until SDSU disappears back into obscurity where they belong.

You understand me and I appreciate it.

BTW the deal is on. I'm already creating my avatar for you.

Gil Dobie
May 9th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Having lost to both, I would rate Sams defense better, SDSU's offense better. Specials teams and coaching may decide this one.

POD Knows
May 9th, 2021, 08:30 AM
You understand me and I appreciate it.

BTW the deal is on. I'm already creating my avatar for you.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNah, I will never have to use it, the game is lock, the cosmic Gods have already alerted me to the outcome, I need to build up a bank of avatars for you in order to keep your persona fresh on this site. I will do that in the second half of the game because SDSU will have put this away at halftime. #BOOKIT

JSUSoutherner
May 9th, 2021, 08:31 AM
Ouch. I’ve been here a lot longer than you have.

I know exactly what I’m doing. And I take that bet with POD everyday of the week because..

THERE [emoji122] IS [emoji122] NO [emoji122] WAY [emoji122] SDSU [emoji122]WINS [emoji122]A [emoji122]CHAMPIONSHIP

Forgive me. I wrote that post while wandering around Chicago and wasn't really paying attention. I believe I thought that POD was talking to one of the SHSU scrubs.

Not you. You're decent. My apologies.

mmiller_34
May 9th, 2021, 08:51 AM
Nah, I will never have to use it, the game is lock, the cosmic Gods have already alerted me to the outcome, I need to build up a bank of avatars for you in order to keep your persona fresh on this site. I will do that in the second half of the game because SDSU will have put this away at halftime. #BOOKIT

https://media4.giphy.com/media/m9Lzkhf0YsRgI/giphy.gif

Paladin1aa
May 9th, 2021, 09:38 AM
SDSU by 14

BNATION
May 9th, 2021, 09:45 AM
Update on #5 injured DB from kickoff. “He was at the Jolly Fox last night living it up!” Thank goodness he was in good enough shape to have a few drinks last night!

Houndawg
May 9th, 2021, 11:46 AM

Nobody else has the resources. Everywhere else the FBS schools get all the money.

Houndawg
May 9th, 2021, 11:51 AM

This - I like the Jacks after the first quarter.

BeamMeUp
May 9th, 2021, 11:51 AM
Good luck SDSU Jackrabbits from your friends in Northeast Ohio.

BeamMeUp... Rabbits by 7

Professor Chaos
May 9th, 2021, 11:56 AM
Added a team stats comparison to the first post. In addition here's a comparative view for some of the major stat categories for each team's first 3 playoff opponents and their title game opponent to get an idea of what new challenges their title game opponent may or may not present:

SDSU opponents:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51167964006_5eab650fed.jpg

Sam Houston opponents:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51167289137_4108b1c700.jpg

BNATION
May 9th, 2021, 12:42 PM
Added a team stats comparison to the first post. In addition here's a comparative view for some of the major stat categories for each team's first 3 playoff opponents and their title game opponent to get an idea of what new challenges their title game opponent may or may not present:

SDSU opponents:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51167964006_5eab650fed.jpg

Sam Houston opponents:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51167289137_4108b1c700.jpg
Not sure what will happen in the game, but one thing is for sure, SH had to play up and beat real contenders to get to the final, SDSU had cupcakes.

JacksFan40
May 9th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Not sure what will happen in the game, but one thing is for sure, SH had to play up and beat real contenders to get to the final, SDSU had cupcakes.
Yeah because struggling to beat Monmouth is real impressive.

Professor Chaos
May 9th, 2021, 12:49 PM
I definitely feel like Sam Houston was better prepared for their title game opponent by their previous playoff opponents than SDSU was but this will be the best team either of them will have faced thus far (as it should be).

Daytripper
May 9th, 2021, 12:49 PM

I wouldn't say cupcakes, but it is sort of weird how the traditional regular season script flipped for the playoffs. MVFC teams rightfully pride themselves on having to play a gauntlet of really good teams during the season, and that makes them ready for the playoffs. The narrative for the Southland (unfair to an extent in my opinion) is that we play weak opponents and therefore we aren't ready for the good teams in the playoffs. WELL, this playoffs have seen SH beat the perceived powerhouses on their way to Frisco, while SDSU has had an admittedly easier route. I haven't watched a lot of Jackrabbit football this year, but from what I have seen I think these teams are pretty evenly matched. It might come down to special teams and turnovers.

Hoping for a well-played, competitive game that is without officiating controversy and injury free. Looking forward to meeting SDSU peeps in Frisco. We have an FCS reputation to uphold by "drinking like a Bizon." (I have applied for a copyright for this)

POD Knows
May 9th, 2021, 12:51 PM
I definitely feel like Sam Houston was better prepared for their title game opponent by their previous playoff opponents than SDSU was but this will be the best team either of them will have faced thus far (as it should be).I agree, the two best teams in FCS are playing next weekend, I might even watch the game.

KPSUL
May 9th, 2021, 12:57 PM

Since they played so few games, it is hard to get a measure on how good Monmouth actual was. The soundly beat Kennesaw, Gardner-Webb and Chuck South. I watched the Kennesaw game and was impressed with Monmouth. IMO they were a solid playoff team and may have beaten many of the other teams playing in Round 1.

BNATION
May 9th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Since they played so few games, it is hard to get a measure on how good Monmouth actual was. The soundly beat Kennesaw, Gardner-Webb and Chuck South. I watched the Kennesaw game and was impressed with Monmouth. IMO they were a solid playoff team and may have beaten many of the other teams playing in Round 1.
I watched all three playoff games in person. Monmouth was no pretender and very likely would have beaten or played ND or DU close games.

caribbeanhen
May 9th, 2021, 02:12 PM

Totally agree with KPSUL on this

Delaware lucky not to have to play Monmouth

JSUSoutherner
May 9th, 2021, 02:57 PM
Am I the only one getting 2015 Title Game vibes from this one? Or is that just my PTSD kicking in?

BEAR
May 9th, 2021, 03:18 PM
I agree, the two best teams in THE SPRING FCS are playing next weekend, I might even watch the game.

FIFY.....and me too

Bearkat04
May 9th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Well one thing is certain... shsu has had to fight and claw their way to frisco and showed that they can win in multiple ways and having to show the heart and grit to get the job done when their backs are against the wall. Sdsu hasn’t had to. Can they? Will they have to? Who knows but if this is a tight one in the 4th I know the kats will fight. Will the Jack’s?

And yes I know they went into Fargo and won. But I also know they lost to ND. Should be a great game that I’m happy to say I’ll watch In frisco

Bison56
May 9th, 2021, 03:58 PM
Am I the only one getting 2015 Title Game vibes from this one? Or is that just my PTSD kicking in?

Why is someone talking about almost beating Auburn?

Chalupa Batman
May 9th, 2021, 04:48 PM
Well one thing is certain... shsu has had to fight and claw their way to frisco and showed that they can win in multiple ways and having to show the heart and grit to get the job done when their backs are against the wall. Sdsu hasn’t had to. Can they? Will they have to? Who knows but if this is a tight one in the 4th I know the kats will fight. Will the Jack’s?

And yes I know they went into Fargo and won. But I also know they lost to ND. Should be a great game that I’m happy to say I’ll watch In frisco

Did you not watch the Jacks’ playoff game against SIU? The Jacks sure had to fight and claw in that one. Besides, the whole “SDSU had an easy path to the natty so they won’t be properly prepared for us” narrative is bull**** anyway. In 2017 that’s all JMU fans were talking about, that they had a hard bracket and we didn’t (which was true) and we wouldn’t know what to do when they punched us in the mouth (which wasn’t true).

Bearkat04
May 9th, 2021, 05:23 PM
Did you not watch the Jacks’ playoff game against SIU? The Jacks sure had to fight and claw in that one. Besides, the whole “SDSU had an easy path to the natty so they won’t be properly prepared for us” narrative is bull**** anyway. In 2017 that’s all JMU fans were talking about, that they had a hard bracket and we didn’t (which was true) and we wouldn’t know what to do when they punched us in the mouth (which wasn’t true).

Admittedly I didn’t watch it. Think we played during that game. Or at least the overlapped. I certainly don’t mean any disrespect towards the Jack’s. My post was mainly about the kats resilience and having to navigate their three games the way they did. 3 straight different types of games that came down to the last couple plays. The last 2 Against perceived better teams.
Who knows sdsu might just boat race us and all that might mean nothing. We shall see

Chalupa Batman
May 9th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Admittedly I didn’t watch it. Think we played during that game. Or at least the overlapped. I certainly don’t mean any disrespect towards the Jack’s. My post was mainly about the kats resilience and having to navigate their three games the way they did. 3 straight different types of games that came down to the last couple plays. The last 2 Against perceived better teams.
Who knows sdsu might just boat race us and all that might mean nothing. We shall see

Yes I do agree that the resilience the Bearkats have shown in the playoffs has been impressive. Both of these teams have developed a grit that their past teams haven’t had and that allows them to not panic.

A boat race may happen but I highly doubt it. I expect a very close game.

caribbeanhen
May 9th, 2021, 06:14 PM
Yes I do agree that the resilience the Bearkats have shown in the playoffs has been impressive. Both of these teams have developed a grit that their past teams haven’t had and that allows them to not panic.

explain to me the boat race term used for a blow out?

is this a sailing vessel term?

Daytripper
May 9th, 2021, 06:17 PM

Sam can get boat-raced but the only way is for a team to be able to consistently connect on middle to deep routes. If that happens the safeties will have to back up and roll into help coverage, and that will open up some running lanes by a good offensive line. Sam just puts eight in the box and dares you to beat them with the pass.

Bearkat04
May 9th, 2021, 06:20 PM

Getting out to a big lead and “coasting” to an easy win is how I’ve always looked at it. Could be way off though

Chalupa Batman
May 9th, 2021, 06:33 PM

Getting out to a big lead and “coasting” to an easy win is how I’ve always looked at it. Could be way off though

That’s kind of how I’ve always took it, someone getting blown out. Not sure where the term came from though.

Htownbearkat
May 9th, 2021, 06:41 PM
What are the ncaa rules for this game, attendance (not that I see it being an issue), masks, tailgating?
thanks

Chalupa Batman
May 9th, 2021, 06:46 PM
Sam can get boat-raced but the only way is for a team to be able to consistently connect on middle to deep routes. If that happens the safeties will have to back up and roll into help coverage, and that will open up some running lanes by a good offensive line. Sam just puts eight in the box and dares you to beat them with the pass.

Oh I don’t think either team is going to blow out the other one. If there is a blowout there’s as good a chance SHSU boat races the Jacks as the other way around. Maybe like 5-10% chance of this game being won by 3+ scores.

The middle and deep routes are what Gronowski is best at IMO. He hasn’t quite developed touch on the shorter routes but he drives the ball down the field very well. For the Jacks I think their biggest concern is defending the pass as well. They have really struggled at times this year, and they always seem to have a couple of PI’s called against them every game too. If Schmid is on his game and getting the ball to his playmakers could be a very long day for their secondary, much like the QF game against SIU.

Bearkat04
May 9th, 2021, 07:03 PM
How is the sdsu defense against mobile qb’s?

caribbeanhen
May 9th, 2021, 07:22 PM

so kind of like the game plan for JMU yesterday? whoops haha

Daytripper
May 9th, 2021, 07:49 PM
Oh I don’t think either team is going to blow out the other one. If there is a blowout there’s as good a chance SHSU boat races the Jacks as the other way around. Maybe like 5-10% chance of this game being won by 3+ scores.

The middle and deep routes are what Gronowski is best at IMO. He hasn’t quite developed touch on the shorter routes but he drives the ball down the field very well. For the Jacks I think their biggest concern is defending the pass as well. They have really struggled at times this year, and they always seem to have a couple of PI’s called against them every game too. If Schmid is on his game and getting the ball to his playmakers could be a very long day for their secondary, much like the QF game against SIU.

I think the last time Schmid played a complete game to his abilities was the Nicholls game. I hope he is due because I think it will take that kind of effort to beat the Jacks. By the way, the fact that the are called the Jacks might help because our hated rival is also known as the Jacks.

I hope this game lives up to expectations.

caribbeanhen
May 9th, 2021, 08:04 PM
I think the last time Schmid played a complete game to his abilities was the Nicholls game. I hope he is due because I think it will take that kind of effort to beat the Jacks. By the way, the fact that the are called the Jacks might help because our hated rival is also known as the Jacks.

I hope this game lives up to expectations.

Let’s face it, The Jack haven’t seen anything on the level of what there they’re gonna be up against on Sunday

Serpentor
May 9th, 2021, 09:45 PM
*****ing on Monmouth to ***** on SHSU? You must be loaded with it to post such nonsense.

lionsrking2
May 9th, 2021, 09:52 PM
Let’s face it, The Jack haven’t seen anything on the level of what there they’re gonna be up against on Sunday

Certainly not defensively though I thought Southern Illinois was better offensively — at least at the time we played them. Of course, we were depleted up front by the time we played SIU, but I still thought their scheme was better, and had better running backs. Sam is a cut above what the Rabbits have faced on defense from what I've seen. That said, If SDSU turns their QB loose and lets him wing 40 times, they'll move the ball and score. I don't think they can play the way they normally play and have much success. Not saying abandon the run but Sam is vulnerable in the secondary if the QB can stay upright.

JSUSoutherner
May 10th, 2021, 07:38 AM
Why is someone talking about almost beating Auburn?

No, but it seems Monmouth is the new Auburn.

TheRevSFA
May 10th, 2021, 07:46 AM
Sam Houston still has not given up a single 100 yard rusher since week 1 of 2019. Can SDSU break that streak with their running backs?

acbearkat
May 10th, 2021, 07:54 AM

Sam doesn't have an indoor practice facility. The University of Texas, one of the premier brands in all of college football, has a practice bubble for their indoor facility. An indoor practice facility would be great, but that would take millions of dollars to build as would renovations to Bowers Stadium.

BNATION
May 10th, 2021, 08:10 AM
Sam Houston still has not given up a single 100 yard rusher since week 1 of 2019. Can SDSU break that streak with their running backs?

I cant figure SDSU out. I re-watched the ND game last night and man, Gronowski threw all over them but had two picks, their defense did not impress, D line was very moveable, and they did not tackle well. ND shut the rushing game down, and i think we will as well. I would look for SDSU to have even less success on the ground than JMU. IF SDSU wants to win this game the QB and their two Janke's will need to have big games. I think this is very possible as our DB's are susceptible at best.

mmiller_34
May 10th, 2021, 09:52 AM

Exactly. We're toast.

This guy gets it.

mmiller_34
May 10th, 2021, 10:01 AM
I cant figure SDSU out. I re-watched the ND game last night and man, Gronowski threw all over them but had two picks, their defense did not impress, D line was very moveable, and they did not tackle well. ND shut the rushing game down, and i think we will as well. I would look for SDSU to have even less success on the ground than JMU. IF SDSU wants to win this game the QB and their two Janke's will need to have big games. I think this is very possible as our DB's are susceptible at best.

That was an example of an inspired team (UND) playing an uninspired team that thought it was getting a push-over (SDSU). SDSU was very raw at that point of the season. We didn't start seeing the cogs consistently start turning in this offense until the end of the Youngstown State game honestly. From that point on it has been a vastly differently looking team. Pre-Youngsown State, SDSU was very Pierre Strong oriented, basically if he was shut down we were toast. It wasn't until mid-season when the offense started becoming really balanced. Gronowski had fumbling issues at the beginning of the season too, that appears to have been cleaned up since Youngstown State.

acbearkat
May 10th, 2021, 10:19 AM
Field conditions could be an issue on Sunday. From what I just saw, Toyota Stadium still has a grass field, which is surprising considering Frisco ISD plays its football games there. There's been quite a bit of rain here in Texas this spring, especially in East Texas, and I'm sure it's been raining quite a bit up in North Texas as well. The field will have some time to dry out before the game, though.

Professor
May 10th, 2021, 10:19 AM
i thnk SDSU will jump out to a big lead early. will see if SHSU will be able to come back

caribbeanhen
May 10th, 2021, 10:25 AM
That was an example of an inspired team (UND) playing an uninspired team that thought it was getting a push-over (SDSU). SDSU was very raw at that point of the season. We didn't start seeing the cogs consistently start turning in this offense until the end of the Youngstown State game honestly. From that point on it has been a vastly differently looking team. Pre-Youngsown State, SDSU was very Pierre Strong oriented, basically if he was shut down we were toast. It wasn't until mid-season when the offense started becoming really balanced. Gronowski had fumbling issues at the beginning of the season too, that appears to have been cleaned up since Youngstown State.

The confidence is oozing out of your pores

Mfergy4
May 10th, 2021, 10:33 AM
Going to be a very good Championship game, unlike FBS title shots. We have the two best rock 'em and sock 'em teams playing for the Trophy! My bias will be showing as I must support a fellow MVFC team! Both teams deserve the title...but who is going to earn it as this is another great match up, just like the past years. IF the Bearkats should pull out the upset it will be well deserved. Go Jacks and do us proud, keep the Trophy with MVFC!!!

POD Knows
May 10th, 2021, 10:45 AM
Going to be a very good Championship game, unlike FBS title shots. We have the two best rock 'em and sock 'em teams playing for the Trophy! My bias will be showing as I must support a fellow MVFC team! Both teams deserve the title...but who is going to earn it as this is another great match up, just like the past years. IF the Bearkats should pull out the upset it will be well deserved. Go Jacks and do us proud, keep the Trophy with MVFC!!!Would you vote for UND if they were in Frisco. I hope SDSU loses by 40, they won't unfortunately, but a guy can wish.

Ivytalk
May 10th, 2021, 10:45 AM
South Dakota State is impressive on both sides of the ball. I believe the Jackrabbits’ better defense will lead them to victory. Sorry, K.C.

Mfergy4
May 10th, 2021, 10:57 AM
Would you vote for UND if they were in Frisco. I hope SDSU loses by 40, they won't unfortunately, but a guy can wish.

UND would have never gotten to this point. They are a weak road team, as shown when they met JMU. In the Valley you have to win on the road. As for your NDSU only or I will not support the MVFC teams view, it is some what childish. If it were not for the MVFC NDSU would not be the team it is. I support the conference that helped make the Team I love. MVFC is finally getting back to NDSU's level of play and it will be all that much harder for NDSU to dominate within the conference. SDSU is proof of that. Going to be a roller-coaster next few years for NDSU if we continue the Transfer portal use.

Serpentor
May 10th, 2021, 11:31 AM
This may be a total homer call, but I'm feeling really good about the Bearkats. If we stay healthy through the game, I'm giving SHSU the edge.

Bearkat04
May 10th, 2021, 11:36 AM
This may be a total homer call, but I'm feeling really good about the Bearkats. If we stay healthy through the game, I'm giving SHSU the edge.

Don’t think anyone will bash anyone at this point for picking their team to win. Both fan bases should feel pretty good.

Should be a great game but I hope and truly believe it’s the Bearkats time.

lionsrking2
May 10th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Don’t think anyone will bash anyone at this point for picking their team to win. Both fan bases should feel pretty good.

If the best version of the SHSU offense shows up, I think they'll win by a couple of scores. If the checked-out, confused version shows up, it could swing two scores the other way. I know JMU found some offense but I don't see SDSU scoring more than 20-24 points unless they open things up. I don't think they'll be able to run the ball anywhere near what they're accustomed to. The QB will have to carry them though he's capable from what I've seen. As is usually the case with evenly matched teams, it'll probably be decided by turnover margin and special teams.

mmiller_34
May 10th, 2021, 02:54 PM
SDSU has sold out our allotment.

https://twitter.com/gojackssdsu/status/1391817157114142721?s=21

Mfergy4
May 10th, 2021, 03:23 PM
SDSU has sold out our allotment.

https://twitter.com/gojackssdsu/status/1391817157114142721?s=21

You might be able to pick up tickets from some NDSU fans who usually buy tickets early in anticipation of the Bison being there. Yet there are some fans who will go anyway because of the great times to had there.

Mfergy4
May 10th, 2021, 03:25 PM

You guys deserve to be there, be a good team backer, in football anything can happen. This spring has really shown that to be true.

Daytripper
May 10th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Remember this when it is all said and done: Only the fans whose team didn't get there will want an asterisk.

Chalupa Batman
May 10th, 2021, 08:40 PM
How is the sdsu defense against mobile qb’s?

Against designed QB runs I think they're pretty good, but the QB scrambling after dropping back to pass has caused them a lot of problems. Henderson still gave them some trouble with his legs last game even after hurting his knee early in the game and not being 100%. In the SIU game Labanowitz absolutely ate them alive both running and buying time for receivers to get open.

caribbeanhen
May 10th, 2021, 09:12 PM
Against designed QB runs I think they're pretty good, but the QB scrambling after dropping back to pass has caused them a lot of problems. Henderson still gave them some trouble with his legs last game even after hurting his knee early in the game and not being 100%. In the SIU game Labanowitz absolutely ate them alive both running and buying time for receivers to get open.

Henderson and Schmid are similar and Henderson was under extreme pressure last Saturday, he had no time to think and tucked it and ran out of the pocket for what seemed like the whole game

As for the championship game, Schmid will be under the same kind of pressure. JMU seemed to disrupt him early on in that game with pressure

How Schmid can respond to that pressure will be a big factor in determining the game, He is kind of schizophrenic out there meaning crazy good but sometimes you don’t know what’s coming

SteelSD
May 10th, 2021, 10:08 PM
It’s interesting to me that people are questioning the Jacks lack of big game experience due to playing in a perceived weak bracket. Six of our nine games played this year were against playoff teams. I think we have played plenty of quality teams to get to this point.

gokat89
May 10th, 2021, 10:21 PM
Henderson and Schmid are similar and Henderson was under extreme pressure last Saturday, he had no time to think and tucked it and ran out of the pocket for what seemed like the whole game

As for the championship game, Schmid will be under the same kind of pressure. JMU seemed to disrupt him early on in that game with pressure

How Schmid can respond to that pressure will be a big factor in determining the game, He is kind of schizophrenic out there meaning crazy good but sometimes you don’t know what’s coming

I think Schmid surprises defenses with his speed and quickness. He is a VERY mobile QB with a great arm. I am up in the air on who wins this game, however I will say I was much more nervous about the JMU game last week. I think this could be a very entertaining game.

caribbeanhen
May 10th, 2021, 10:40 PM
I think Schmid surprises defenses with his speed and quickness. He is a VERY mobile QB with a great arm. I am up in the air on who wins this game, however I will say I was much more nervous about the JMU game last week. I think this could be a very entertaining game.

the 2 TD runs in second half surprised me a bit, I knew he was fast but those were explosive

mmiller_34
May 11th, 2021, 10:28 AM

He'll score 3 TDs in the first half. Will be over by then.

SteelSD
May 11th, 2021, 11:07 AM
Mobile QB's present everyone with this type of dilema, we are no different. I'm hoping we learn from last week and come up with a plan to contain Schmid. UD's best offensive play against us was the "QB run for his life" play.

POD Knows
May 11th, 2021, 11:19 AM
We'll score 3 TDs in the first half. Will be over by then.FYP

acbearkat
May 11th, 2021, 01:04 PM
The weather could be a factor in this game. I just took a look at the forecast for Plano, which is near Frisco, and the forecast is low 80s, wind out of the south southeast at 10-20 miles per hour, and a 50% chance of rain.

caribbeanhen
May 11th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Mobile QB's present everyone with this type of dilema, we are no different. I'm hoping we learn from last week and come up with a plan to contain Schmid. UD's best offensive play against us was the "QB run for his life" play.

this was true, unfortunately... Henderson was swallowed up too many times in the blink of an eye, not his fault

Katfan
May 11th, 2021, 04:08 PM
the 2 TD runs in second half surprised me a bit, I knew he was fast but those were explosive
Supposedly he ran a 4.4 40 out of high school. That’s what Keeler says anyway. He is quick

caribbeanhen
May 11th, 2021, 05:02 PM
Supposedly he ran a 4.4 40 out of high school. That’s what Keeler says anyway. He is quick

It’s how fast he accelerates

0 to 50 in a split second

Daytripper
May 11th, 2021, 06:09 PM
It’s how fast he accelerates

0 to 50 in a split second

He has to be that quick because if anybody gets a clean shot on him he might break in half. He is thin. Reminds me of our other natty QB Brian Bell. Only I think Schmid may be a better all-around QB. I will revisit this thought process after the game.

Neither was highly recruited. Both are coaches' sons.

Houndawg
May 12th, 2021, 06:30 AM
If the best version of the SHSU offense shows up, I think they'll win by a couple of scores. If the checked-out, confused version shows up, it could swing two scores the other way. I know JMU found some offense but I don't see SDSU scoring more than 20-24 points unless they open things up. I don't think they'll be able to run the ball anywhere near what they're accustomed to. The QB will have to carry them though he's capable from what I've seen. As is usually the case with evenly matched teams, it'll probably be decided by turnover margin and special teams.

They can still win it with 20 points, both teams have the D to hold the other team under 20

BNATION
May 12th, 2021, 06:46 AM
They can still win it with 20 points, both teams have the D to hold the other team under 20
The freshman QB will need to have his best game of the season. SH D will make them one dimensional, IE shut the run down. They will have to get their yards on the ground with Freshman Polok QB and through the air to the twins. If he can do that well i think they will move the ball and SH offense will have to score over 28 points to win this game....

Chalupa Batman
May 12th, 2021, 07:22 AM
The freshman QB will need to have his best game of the season. SH D will make them one dimensional, IE shut the run down. They will have to get their yards on the ground with Freshman Polok QB and through the air to the twins. If he can do that well i think they will move the ball and SH offense will have to score over 28 points to win this game....

Has SH had to defend QB power runs much this season, and how have they done? I suspect SDSU will have to do that to have success on the ground (much like NDSU with Trey Lance in the last natty against JMU) and they have been willing to do that when needed. Gronowski has 3 games with 13+ carries and 2 more with 9+, and for being a true freshman he is a pretty powerful runner. He runs straight forward and won't dance around like Cam Miller did against you guys, and if not wrapped up properly can bounce off shoulder tackles and spring a big one.

SDSU has a talented trio of TE's (and they actually use them unlike NDSU). How do you think SH will do defending them? Another thing SH will have to be aware of is Pierre Strong Jr. catching passes out of the backfield. Starting with the season finale against us he has made some big and timely plays in the receiving game. It's not just the twins you'll have to defend in the passing game. Not saying that you can't or won't be able to handle everything, but their offense will provide challenges for every part of your defense. Likewise your defense will provide challenges for every part of their offense, which is what makes this such an exciting matchup.

Mfergy4
May 12th, 2021, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't say cupcakes, but it is sort of weird how the traditional regular season script flipped for the playoffs. MVFC teams rightfully pride themselves on having to play a gauntlet of really good teams during the season, and that makes them ready for the playoffs. The narrative for the Southland (unfair to an extent in my opinion) is that we play weak opponents and therefore we aren't ready for the good teams in the playoffs. WELL, this playoffs have seen SH beat the perceived powerhouses on their way to Frisco, while SDSU has had an admittedly easier route. I haven't watched a lot of Jackrabbit football this year, but from what I have seen I think these teams are pretty evenly matched. It might come down to special teams and turnovers.

Hoping for a well-played, competitive game that is without officiating controversy and injury free. Looking forward to meeting SDSU peeps in Frisco. We have an FCS reputation to uphold by "drinking like a Bizon." (I have applied for a copyright for this)

I will Drink to that! xdrunkyxxdrunkyx Ya both have to uphold the the Tailgating standard set by the Bison!

acbearkat
May 12th, 2021, 08:01 AM
He has to be that quick because if anybody gets a clean shot on him he might break in half. He is thin. Reminds me of our other natty QB Brian Bell. Only I think Schmid may be a better all-around QB. I will revisit this thought process after the game.

Neither was highly recruited. Both are coaches' sons.

I think Schmid is certainly the better quarterback. He's only about 5'11" or 6 feet tall. He's listed at 6'1" 180 lbs. Brian Bell's brother played at Baylor, and I believe he is a high school head coach if I'm not mistaken. I met Brian Bell at a baseball game my first year at Sam. It would have been David Pierce's first year as head baseball coach, so it would have been 2012.

Daytripper
May 12th, 2021, 08:14 AM
I think Schmid is certainly the better quarterback. He's only about 5'11" or 6 feet tall. He's listed at 6'1" 180 lbs. Brian Bell's brother played at Baylor, and I believe he is a high school head coach if I'm not mistaken. I met Brian Bell at a baseball game my first year at Sam. It would have been David Pierce's first year as head baseball coach, so it would have been 2012.

Brian is currently head football coach at China Spring, where he played and his dad coached.

BNATION
May 12th, 2021, 08:23 AM
Has SH had to defend QB power runs much this season, and how have they done? I suspect SDSU will have to do that to have success on the ground (much like NDSU with Trey Lance in the last natty against JMU) and they have been willing to do that when needed. Gronowski has 3 games with 13+ carries and 2 more with 9+, and for being a true freshman he is a pretty powerful runner. He runs straight forward and won't dance around like Cam Miller did against you guys, and if not wrapped up properly can bounce off shoulder tackles and spring a big one.

SDSU has a talented trio of TE's (and they actually use them unlike NDSU). How do you think SH will do defending them? Another thing SH will have to be aware of is Pierre Strong Jr. catching passes out of the backfield. Starting with the season finale against us he has made some big and timely plays in the receiving game. It's not just the twins you'll have to defend in the passing game. Not saying that you can't or won't be able to handle everything, but their offense will provide challenges for every part of your defense. Likewise your defense will provide challenges for every part of their offense, which is what makes this such an exciting matchup.

Teams have had some success, more so with QB's scrambling than power runs. If we make SDSU a passing team only, I like our chances. If their RB and QB are making money on the ground then SH will be getting burned through the air. Again if we consistently have them in pass only situations with negative run plays then it will be a long day for the SDSU offense. If they have no problem running the football (unlikely), then the field will open up for play action, our DB's, while serviceable, do at times get burned looking into the backfield.

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2021, 08:27 AM

nope, Gronowski is a stud

Schmid might be the better quarterback next Sunday, but Gronowski is tough and has winner Written all over him

acbearkat
May 12th, 2021, 08:37 AM

Schmid might be the better quarterback next Sunday, but Gronowski is tough and has winner Written all over him

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the reference about Brian Bell. Go read the post I responded to.

Chalupa Batman
May 12th, 2021, 08:39 AM

I think he was comparing Schmid to Brian Bell, the QB last time Bearkats were in the natty.

Agreed on Gronowski though.

BNATION
May 12th, 2021, 08:59 AM

I'd take Gronowski over Schmid hands down. Bigger, great instincts, and has a much higher ceiling than Schmid.

Chalupa Batman
May 12th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Teams have had some success, more so with QB's scrambling than power runs. If we make SDSU a passing team only, I like our chances. If their RB and QB are making money on the ground then SH will be getting burned through the air. Again if we consistently have them in pass only situations with negative run plays then it will be a long day for the SDSU offense. If they have no problem running the football (unlikely), then the field will open up for play action, our DB's, while serviceable, do at times get burned looking into the backfield.

Much like JMU and us, SDSU is going to run the ball whether they are having success or not. As good as Gronowski is they know they can't become a volume passing team and hope to have much of a chance. JMU and us both averaged 3.2 ypc against you, I think SDSU will be somewhere around that. Maybe up to 3.5-4.0 ypc since I think their O-line is the best in the country, but I doubt they gash you guys either.

Jacks02
May 12th, 2021, 10:19 AM
Since SDSU has gotten Tucker Kraft back at TE we've been better and more consistent on offense. He was hurt early in the UNI game and didn't play again until our first game with SIU.

He's an excellent blocker and pass catcher at 6'5" 250 and has been mentioned multiple times by the coaching staff as a difference maker at the position.

Between 1st team all-conference TE Zach Heins, him, and Blake Kunz we have a boatload of talent at the position.

Over the last five games SDSU has 206 carries for 1377 yards (6.68 ypc) while holding opponents to 190 for 525 (2.76 ypc).

I don't expect to match that against SHSU, but I'll be very surprised if they can hold SDSU below 4 YPC in the game.

Also, the yards SDSU has given up is generally on scrambles by the QB and not on straight up runs. If we can keep contain on Schmid I like our chances on run defense as well.

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2021, 10:40 AM
I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the reference about Brian Bell. Go read the post I responded to.

my bad ! Sorry

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2021, 10:41 AM
I'd take Gronowski over Schmid hands down. Bigger, great instincts, and has a much higher ceiling than Schmid.

agree

Schmid is Schizophrenic

Daytripper
May 12th, 2021, 11:12 AM
agree

Schmid is Schizophrenic

Agreed. When he is hot there is not a better FCS QB in the country. When he is cold, there may not be a worse starting QB in the country.

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2021, 03:53 PM
Agreed. When he is hot there is not a better FCS QB in the country. When he is cold, there may not be a worse starting QB in the country.

The only thing I would say to that is ....speed never slumps

Daytripper
May 12th, 2021, 05:02 PM
The only thing I would say to that is ....speed never slumps

True. And oftentimes a nice running play is what gets him back on track.

BEAR
May 12th, 2021, 05:40 PM
True. And oftentimes a nice running play is what gets him back on track.

Truth. I noticed in his games that when he had the confidence to run it the offense just seemed better. If he takes what they give him that could be another weapon that SDSU has to watch for...

Daytripper
May 13th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Truth. I noticed in his games that when he had the confidence to run it the offense just seemed better. If he takes what they give him that could be another weapon that SDSU has to watch for...

Schmid is the key to our offensive success. He can do it with his legs but if we are going to win he has to be accurate and avoid the turnovers, which at times this season has been a problem. He just needs to keep it simple and get the ball to Ezzard, Adeyi and Noah Smith in space and let them do their thing.

TheRevSFA
May 13th, 2021, 09:56 AM

I like Schmid but he reminds me a lot of Jeremy Moses of SFA in that regard.

Mfergy4
May 13th, 2021, 12:58 PM

No one could be worse than Zeb Nolan, he could not read a defensive set to save his soul. Strong arm, but no touch, poor to average accuracy. Slow response to what he sees and speed only a snail would enjoy.

Daytripper
May 13th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Really good article about Ezzard (#12) here. It's behind a paywall but for those like me who have an account, enjoy. https://theathletic.com/2586413/2021/05/13/jequez-ezzards-freaky-athletic-skills-have-been-on-full-display-for-sam-houston-in-fcs-playoffs/?redirected=1

Daytripper
May 13th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Really good article about Ezzard (#12) here. It's behind a paywall but for those like me who have an account, enjoy. https://theathletic.com/2586413/2021/05/13/jequez-ezzards-freaky-athletic-skills-have-been-on-full-display-for-sam-houston-in-fcs-playoffs/?redirected=1

Somebody told me that you can create a The Athletic account and read three free articles.

caribbeanhen
May 13th, 2021, 07:36 PM
it's nice we get right to this game without the long layoff

I like it

Chalupa Batman
May 13th, 2021, 09:09 PM
it's nice we get right to this game without the long layoff

I like it

I bet the teams like it too. No time to overthink things or let any nerves/doubt/anxiety kick in.

BNATION
May 13th, 2021, 09:17 PM
3 sleeps....

Chalupa Batman
May 13th, 2021, 09:55 PM
Can’t remember if it was mentioned, but who’s the home team? It’s no longer a coin flip so SDSU right?

gokat89
May 13th, 2021, 10:44 PM

Um, I think he scored the winning td's in the quarterfinals and semi-finals. Its not how you start, its how you finish.

fmrbearkat
May 14th, 2021, 06:43 AM
I bet the teams like it too. No time to overthink things or let any nerves/doubt/anxiety kick in.

I really feel that was the thing that gave NDSU such a big advantage though alot of times. Not saying they weren't always the better team no matter what but those boys especially the 2011-2014ish run were SMART and the most disciplined teams i've ever seen. The coaching staff had two weeks to teach the strange offense we ran and they knew that the reads our O-Line/initial steps gave were opposite of normal football and very deceptive to teams that were under prepared and undisciplined. Those NDSU teams (and most every NDSU team) were ALWAYS exactly where they needed to be. 2017 is a different story. But I think if we play that 2011 game in the Semi-finals or with only 1 week we would've won that game close instead of losing it.

fmrbearkat
May 14th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Somebody told me that you can create a The Athletic account and read three free articles.

Article on Ezzard:

David Clowney knows all about freaky athletes. The former NFL receiver once clocked at 4.28 40 at Virginia Tech and vertical jumped 40.5 inches at the NFL Scouting Combine and also played next to a bunch of All-Pros.

Yet he says he has never seen an athlete quite like Jequez Ezzard, Sam Houston’s big-play wideout who has helped spark the Bearkats to the FCS national title game. You might never have heard of Ezzard before, but the 5-foot-9, 192-pound Georgia native isn’t just a big-play receiver. He has been the biggest-play receiver in all of college football.

In six games this spring, Ezzard is averaging an insane 30.4 yards per catch on his 20 receptions with six going for touchdowns. He’s also averaging 17.5 yards per punt return and last week took one back against James Madison in the FCS semifinal game for a TD.

“He’s a different type of animal when it comes to speed,” said Clowney, who was Ezzard’s receivers coach for two seasons at Howard where he averaged 26 yards per catch in 2017 and 27 yards per catch in 2018. “His explosion is out of this world. I have never seen explosion, like literally going from zero to 60 the way Ezzard does, like never, and I’m talking about even in the NFL. I played six years in the NFL between the (New York) Jets, the (Carolina) Panthers and the Buffalo Bills, and I’ve never seen a receiver that can go from zero to 60, like him. It’s really impressive.”

Another former NFL receiver who coached Ezzard at Howard, Brennan Marion, who was the Bison’s offensive coordinator and is now Pitt’s wide receivers coach, rattled off a bunch of reasons he views his former player as an NFL talent.

“His ability to adjust to the ball is world-class,” Marion said. “He’s fearless, got great jumping ability, can contort his body to make ‘wow’ plays, and he’s a powerful runner.”

Clowney compares Ezzard to his former teammate Steve Smith in terms of size, explosiveness, speed and body control. Clowney also gushed about Ezzard’s ball skills.

“When I played at Virginia Tech, we had four guys in our receiver room get drafted —me, Eddie Royal, Justin Harper and Josh Morgan, and Ezzard’s got better ball skills than any of us in that room,” Clowney said.

Ezzard had eye-catching high school film and graduated in the top 25 percent of his class, but because of his size, he had no FBS offers.

“If you don’t pass the eye-test to those coaches, you don’t have a good chance of going to those schools,” Ezzard told The Athletic this week. “I didn’t run a 4.3 or 4.4 (40). I had conversations with some FBS schools because we had some guys who went to those schools. They saw my tape, but they’d either say they didn’t think my top-end speed was there or that I was just undersized or just not what we’re looking for.”

Even though Ezzard is the most dangerous receiver in college football and has the yards-after-catch numbers to prove it, he has never been a 4.3-guy. Instead, he has been more viewed as ultra-quick than blazing fast with track speed. He said he has continued to work on his technique and improving his knee drive.

“I’ll get you for the first 20 or 30 yards, but after that, my knee drive goes away,” he said. “I just need the training to do it.”

Basketball was his first love. His parents didn’t sign him up for football until he was in eighth grade. Even though he was far from being one of the tallest kids on the court, he actually played center in basketball even in high school.

“I couldn’t really dribble, but I had the hops and could out-jump everybody, and I just played physical down low, playing the five,” he said. “It was just my bounce, and I out-hustled people.”

At Howard, Ezzard transitioned from high school quarterback to return man to college running back to game-breaking wide receiver. Marion credits Clowney for polishing Ezzard’s route running and Howard’s track coach David Oliver, a former Olympic medalist sprinter, and strength coach Kenny O’Mary for helping develop Ezzard’s speed and strength as he went from 170 pounds to 185 in his first two years there.

“In about a year he went from vertical jumping 37 inches to 43 inches, and he verticaled 43 multiple times,” O’Mary said. “It looked like he was levitating. It’s the highest I’d ever seen in person. He has such self-motivation and drive to be the best ever. He really embraced development and was always seeking out extra work. He’d eat lunch in the weight room with me. He bought into everything we were doing. By the time he left, that dude was top tier in everything we did from squat to bench to clean.”

Ezzard had Marion and Clowney, two former speedsters who played in the NFL, to help sharpen his football intelligence and to polish his play-making skills, and he’s grateful for their belief in him.

“They gave me the opportunity to make plays,” Ezzard said. “I knew I always had that ability, but I’d never considered myself a deep-ball receiver. I still don’t. I don’t know how or what they’d seen to say, ‘This is the guy that we’re gonna take shots with every game, and he’s gonna make a play,’ but it just happened. I tried to learn as much as I could from them.”

Clowney said the moment he realized they had something special in Ezzard was in the second game of the 2017 season. A wide receiver had gotten hurt leading into a game against Kent State, so Marion and Clowney decided to move Ezzard to that spot.

“We threw him a slant,” said Clowney, who marveled at the burst he saw as Ezzard blurred past the defense for a 75-yard touchdown. “It was a low ball, he grabbed it and house-called it. I’m talkin’ out of there. From that game forward, he was the guy. We made sure that no matter what, we had to get the ball in his direction, minimum 10 times a game. We want that ball thrown to Ezzard, whether it’s a throw, whether it’s reverse, whether it’s a screen, we’re giving him the ball, we’re throwing the ball in his direction 10 times. It was a complete no-brainer for me and Brennan on who we needed to get the ball to, to be successful as an offense.”

Marion and Clowney both moved on, and Ezzard decided it was time to leave the MEAC for a different challenge. He liked how he fit at Sam Houston and the Southland Conference.

“I needed something else to push me,” he said. “I just wanted to take a different step to test that water.”

If you watched Sam Houston’s big comeback last week against JMU, you could see how comfortable Ezzard is in these waters. Sam Houston offensive coordinator Ryan Carty attributes Ezzard’s intelligence and work ethic for enabling him to pick up the team’s system so quickly. The other aspect that has really impressed his new coaches is Ezzard’s intensity.

“From Thursday through the last whistle on Saturday, he is extremely locked in,” Carty said. “His focus is elite.”

In Saturday’s game, he had a dizzying 69-yard catch-and-run, turning a defensive back around in circles on one of the slickest moves of the spring.

“I’ve had experiences where I’ve been caught from behind, so I saw the angle he was taking on me,” Ezzard said, explaining what he was thinking as the play unfolded. “In my mind, all I was thinking, ‘Do whatever you gotta do to don’t get tackled.’”

Ezzard said this all still feels surreal. That play went viral, but the guy who made it hasn’t gotten caught up in it.

“I don’t watch it,” he said. “Somebody sent it to me, so I’ve seen it, but I don’t get into stuff like that.”

Given what a showcase the FCS playoffs have been for Sam Houston and Ezzard with games on network television, it’s not a stretch to think now, finally, some FBS programs will be interested in him since he is eligible to play again this fall.

“Nah, I wouldn’t be interested,” Ezzard said. “I love it here. These guys changed the game for me. They make it exciting. They make it fun, and that’s what I want to be a part of.”

(Photo: Brian Blalock / Sam Houston)

Chalupa Batman
May 14th, 2021, 06:55 AM
I really feel that was the thing that gave NDSU such a big advantage though alot of times. Not saying they weren't always the better team no matter what but those boys especially the 2011-2014ish run were SMART and the most disciplined teams i've ever seen. The coaching staff had two weeks to teach the strange offense we ran and they knew that the reads our O-Line/initial steps gave were opposite of normal football and very deceptive to teams that were under prepared and undisciplined. Those NDSU teams (and most every NDSU team) were ALWAYS exactly where they needed to be. 2017 is a different story. But I think if we play that 2011 game in the Semi-finals or with only 1 week we would've won that game close instead of losing it.

Maybe. That first game against you was maybe the best defensive effort I’ve seen the Bison turn in. I’m sure the extra time helped. But the game before in the semis we did a good job against the GSU triple option (#buttbama) with only a week to prepare. You guys pretty much ran the TO also, just out of the shotgun instead. We’ll never know how much difference that made in the game.

caribbeanhen
May 14th, 2021, 08:33 AM
This is Sam Houston State’s game to lose

Chalupa Batman
May 14th, 2021, 09:45 AM
This is Sam Houston State’s game to lose

I disagree, but is pretty close though. If the Jackrabbits don’t turn the ball over it’s theirs to lose.

mmiller_34
May 14th, 2021, 12:01 PM
I disagree, but is pretty close though. If the Jackrabbits don’t turn the ball over it’s theirs to lose.

We will.

Sam Houston by a million.

Chalupa Batman
May 14th, 2021, 01:42 PM
We will.

Sam Houston by a million.

Think you’ll top the record set against JMU?

Schism55
May 14th, 2021, 02:44 PM
One day to go, Bunnies favored b 4.5, O/U 47.5

Chalupa Batman
May 14th, 2021, 02:52 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1393270248967741446

BNATION
May 14th, 2021, 04:27 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1393270248967741446
Saw this. Pretty cool.

ElCid
May 14th, 2021, 05:19 PM
I was thinking Sam Houston, but I have rethunk it. I always like to look at the emotions and psychology of a game. If SH had simply won last week, I would go with them. Both these teams are good and easily comparable. But that amazing SH comeback last week was epic, and probably very emotionally draining as well. I don't know if their coaches will keep them focused and deal with it properly. Who knows, they may focus that emotion and keep it rolling, but I think not. If SDSU drops a turd, anything is possible, but barring a collapse by the Jackrabbits, I think they beat SHSU by at least two scores. Hope it's a good games though. On the bright side, only about 100 days until we start all over again.

caribbeanhen
May 14th, 2021, 05:47 PM
I was thinking Sam Houston, but I have rethunk it. I always like to look at the emotions and psychology of a game. If SH had simply won last week, I would go with them. Both these teams are good and easily comparable. But that amazing SH comeback last week was epic, and probably very emotionally draining as well. I don't know if their coaches will keep them focused and deal with it properly. Who knows, they may focus that emotion and keep it rolling, but I think not. If SDSU drops a turd, anything is possible, but barring a collapse by the Jackrabbits, I think they beat SHSU by at least two scores. Hope it's a good games though. On the bright side, only about 100 days until we start all over again.

always go with your first instincts El Cid

this game is a tough one to pick but I don’t think Sam Houston State is getting enough credit for taking down North Dakota State and James Madison and basically being the best team in FCS all year

KC Also played in two division II national championship games, not that it will have any bearing on the game on Sunday

Keeler also has lost plenty of Div3 championship games

The point is Championship games just something he is familiar with

Daytripper
May 14th, 2021, 05:54 PM

Your logic makes perfect sense, but I think (hope?) you're wrong.

fmrbearkat
May 14th, 2021, 10:06 PM
gonna be a tight squeeze but I think we got room for that trophy!!! Northbound and ready to get down in the morning!!

Chalupa Batman
May 15th, 2021, 02:51 PM
I don’t think SH is going to be able to stop the run enough to make the Jackrabbits one dimensional. If SH can’t make them one dimensional, they need to be forcing turnovers to win.

BNATION
May 15th, 2021, 03:23 PM
I don’t think SH is going to be able to stop the run enough to make the Jackrabbits one dimensional. If SH can’t make them one dimensional, they need to be forcing turnovers to win.
So you believe that SDSU has the most dominating run game in the country?

Chalupa Batman
May 15th, 2021, 03:39 PM
So you believe that SDSU has the most dominating run game in the country?

I do. They’re offensive line is the best in the country, and they have 3 outstanding runners in Strong, Davis, and Gronowski.

BNATION
May 15th, 2021, 03:49 PM
I do. They’re offensive line is the best in the country, and they have 3 outstanding runners in Strong, Davis, and Gronowski.
Nope. Stats don’t prove that. JMU led the remaining teams in rushing offense. Also just watching some of their games back they had hell runjing the ball against some teams that have half the Defense we have. QB run will be their only chance to establish a running game. I would not bet that they can line it up and run right at SH. Nobody has yet....

CappinHard
May 15th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Nope. Stats don’t prove that. JMU led the remaining teams in rushing offense. Also just watching some of their games back they had hell runjing the ball against some teams that have half the Defense we have. QB run will be their only chance to establish a running game. I would not bet that they can line it up and run right at SH. Nobody has yet....

Ha, we'll see about that. You should have got beat by JMU and our O line is better than theirs, RBs comparable, and QB much better. Good luck.

Chalupa Batman
May 15th, 2021, 04:24 PM

JMU runs plays at a much faster pace than SDSU does. They came into your game averaging 243 yards per game on 49 rushes per game (5.0 ypc). SDSU comes into this game averaging 231 yard per game on 38 rushes per game (6.0 ypc). JMU’s run offense is very good, SDSU’s is a little better.

Statistically it looks like you did a good job against JMU, and you did stop their ground game……for one quarter. But the final numbers aren’t as good after that, especially if you take sacks (I don’t know why they count as rushing yards) out of the equation. In the 1st quarter JMU had 10 rushes for 20 yards (2.0 ypc). From the 2nd quarter on they had 35 rushes for 164 yards (4.7 ypc). And that’s with a QB who isn’t near the running threat Gronowski is.

I don’t think SDSU gashes you to the clip of 6 ypc, but they’ll be somewhere around 4 ypc which is enough to keep them from too many 3rd & longs and be able to sustain drives.

BNATION
May 15th, 2021, 04:32 PM
JMU runs plays at a much faster pace than SDSU does. They came into your game averaging 243 yards per game on 49 rushes per game (5.0 ypc). SDSU comes into this game averaging 231 yard per game on 38 rushes per game (6.0 ypc). JMU’s run offense is very good, SDSU’s is a little better.

Statistically it looks like you did a good job against JMU, and you did stop their ground game……for one quarter. But the final numbers aren’t as good after that, especially if you take sacks (I don’t know why they count as rushing yards) out of the equation. In the 1st quarter JMU had 10 rushes for 20 yards (2.0 ypc). From the 2nd quarter on they had 35 rushes for 164 yards (4.7 ypc). And that’s with a QB who isn’t near the running threat Gronowski is.

I don’t think SDSU gashes you to the clip of 6 ypc, but they’ll be somewhere around 4 ypc which is enough to keep them from too many 3rd & longs and be able to sustain drives.
No doubt will be the case of our offense is slow to start. Our defense was on the field the entire first half, if that’s the case tomorrow then I think your right, and we lose by 17. If not this is a ball game for 4 quarters.

lionsrking2
May 15th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Sam Houston can absolutely make them one dimensional and I expect they will. The question will be will SDSU take the reigns off the true freshman and let him sling it around the field. If they do, Sam will be vulnerable, but if they try to force feed the run itll be a long day for the Rabbit offense.

mmiller_34
May 15th, 2021, 06:22 PM
What will the first play from scrimmage be? Pass or Run?

Chalupa Batman
May 15th, 2021, 06:44 PM
Sam Houston can absolutely make them one dimensional and I expect they will. The question will be will SDSU take the reigns off the true freshman and let him sling it around the field. If they do, Sam will be vulnerable, but if they try to force feed the run itll be a long day for the Rabbit offense.

The Bunnies run game is every bit as good as JMU's is (I think a little better) and SH wasn't able to make them one dimensional. I don't see SH getting gashed or anything, but I think SDSU will average around 4 ypc. SDSU knows they can't be a pass only team and have a very good chance of winning. As good as Gronowski is he's not ready to have the entire game on his right arm. He's only thrown for only 200 yards once all year, when he threw for 309 in the loss to UND.

hebmskebm
May 15th, 2021, 06:53 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be raining throughout the game. Seems like that would favor SDSU.

mmiller_34
May 15th, 2021, 06:59 PM

The game plan will be simple. We will try to open up the passing game with the run game. PA pass a-plenty tomorrow. Will result in sacks. We will need to counter the pass rush with screens, but we won’t. Our run game will be stuffed and then we will be screwed. Simple as that.

SHSU - 38
SDSU - 3

mmiller_34
May 15th, 2021, 07:05 PM
Think you’ll top the record set against JMU?

We will blow it out of the water.

Chalupa Batman
May 15th, 2021, 07:19 PM
We will blow it out of the water.

Setting your goals high. I like it

mmiller_34
May 15th, 2021, 07:23 PM
https://twitter.com/jackillustrated/status/1393719872539004936?s=21

Jackrabbit Fest tonight. Looks like a good turnout so far.

BNATION
May 15th, 2021, 08:51 PM
Everyone is gonna get wet

Professor Chaos
May 15th, 2021, 09:47 PM
Just put money on SDSU... sorry Jacks fans.

caribbeanhen
May 16th, 2021, 08:33 AM
Just put money on SDSU... sorry Jacks fans.

to cover?

Daytripper
May 16th, 2021, 09:09 AM
It's overcast but hasn't started to rain yet. It will, though.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 09:16 AM
It's overcast but hasn't started to rain yet. It will, though.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210516/a67669e55b430b50003a87af12fdea80.jpg

Definitely going to be wet today.

SHSU has a huge advantage in the rain.

Daytripper
May 16th, 2021, 09:42 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210516/a67669e55b430b50003a87af12fdea80.jpg

Definitely going to be wet today.

SHSU has a huge advantage in the rain.

Quit sandbagging.

Chalupa Batman
May 16th, 2021, 09:59 AM
Quit sandbagging.

It’s raining, so sandbagging is now allowed.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Quit sandbagging.

Not sure what you mean [emoji848]. SHSU is clearly the better team, and in the rain the differences in athleticism will be even more clear.

caribbeanhen
May 16th, 2021, 11:15 AM

good one

I’ve never seen anybody as confident as a mMiller34 has been on this thread

Especially in the rain

Professor Chaos
May 16th, 2021, 11:36 AM
to cover?
Bet another Bison fan and he gave me SDSU and 5 points... don't ask me why. I will take full credit though for jinxing SDSU if I lose. :)

Schism55
May 16th, 2021, 11:38 AM
https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1393962850457108483

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 11:54 AM

This guy gets it.

caribbeanhen
May 16th, 2021, 12:18 PM
https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1393962850457108483

Well at least it's not snow or ice...

Schism55
May 16th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Well the Kats win the uniform matchup...

Prime Power
May 16th, 2021, 01:05 PM
It looks like it is sprinkling there a little.

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Dang the Sam defender got leveled.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Gronowski hurt. Game over.

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 01:10 PM
Kats take over

- - - Updated - - -

Wipe off the camera

BNATION
May 16th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Not as good as advertised. Sorry jacks your d line is getting blown off the ball

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:13 PM
Huge holes. SHSU moving the ball in chunks.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:13 PM
Not as good as advertised. Sorry jacks your d line is getting blown off the ball

Exactly what I've been saying. Why does no one listen to me.

EDIT:

They are good at recovering botched snaps tho.

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 01:14 PM
Bad snap. Waaaay high. Rabbits recover

Schism55
May 16th, 2021, 01:15 PM
Wow....

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 01:16 PM
Oh no. Rabbits qb out. This can be bad news for Sammy as they practiced for the starter

Chalupa Batman
May 16th, 2021, 01:18 PM
Oh no. Rabbits qb out. This can be bad news for Sammy as they practiced for the starter

What happened to Gronowski?”

skinny_uncle
May 16th, 2021, 01:20 PM
SDSU scores
7-0

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Dang cant the rabbits count....

mvfcfan
May 16th, 2021, 01:21 PM
Heide and Gibbs are more than capable of handling the QB position.

BEAR
7-0 rabbits

TheKingpin28
Never like to see someone get hurt

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
SDSU scores
7-0

6-0.

EDIT:

NOW, 7-0

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:22 PM
Heide and Gibbs are more than capable of handling the QB position.

Gibbs tore his other ACL in garbage time earlier this year.

TheKingpin28
May 16th, 2021, 01:24 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMan cant catch a break. Sounds like Gronowski is done for the game. His knee buckled on the side line

TheKingpin28
May 16th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Even the announcers would rather have North Dakota St playing instead since they keep mentioning them playing this game

BEAR
Ouch ball handling hurting the Kats

BNATION
Here we go

JacksFan40
SHSU struggling to hold the football.

taper
May 16th, 2021, 01:28 PM
Got our first North instead of South DSU from the announcers.

JacksFan40
May 16th, 2021, 01:30 PM
Now SDSU can’t hold on to the ball.

TheKingpin28
This is such a sloppy game. Whoever can score 20+ wins this one.

mvfcfan

That's rough. I didn't know that.

skinny_uncle
A wet football must be hard to hike.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:34 PM
Our star freshmen quarterback going down with a knee on the 2nd series in a huge game is a classic SDSU thing to happen

NY Crusader 2010
May 16th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Our star freshmen quarterback going down with a knee on the 2nd series in a huge game is a classic SDSU thing to happen

Officially out for the game. Hopefully Strong and Davis can carry you guys on offense the rest of the way.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Officially out for the game. Hopefully Strong and Davis can carry you guys on offense the rest of the way.

We have no deep threat anymore

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Epic collapse. Three false start penalties. Can't handle it

JSUSoutherner
May 16th, 2021, 01:43 PM
I didn't know JSU had blue uniforms.

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Ouch Sammy. You took away your own TD.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:45 PM
Ugly start to this game jesus

Prime Power
May 16th, 2021, 01:45 PM
Ouch Sammy. You took away your own TD.

Yeah, there were at least 3 blatant blocks in the back on that...if it's one or two they probably let it go.

JSUSoutherner
May 16th, 2021, 01:46 PM
SDSU: "Hey watch us get 3 flags in a row, beat that"

SHSU: "Hold my beer"

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:48 PM
SDSU would be up 2 scores by now if Gronowski didn't get hurt.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 01:51 PM
SDSU just needs to go wildcat with Strong and Davis

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 01:58 PM
Ezzard for the schooling...

skinny_uncle
May 16th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Tie game.
7-7

mmiller_34
Game over.

Serpentor
Go Big E!

BEAR
SDSU would be up 2 scores by now if Gronowski didn't get hurt.

Sam would be ahead if they didn’t block from behind on returns.

JSUSoutherner
May 16th, 2021, 02:00 PM
JSU would have beat Delaware if our coach wasn't John Grass.

See? No one cares about the what if game.

Prime Power
May 16th, 2021, 02:02 PM

You need to keep up, if Gronowski was in the game, that punt would have never happened in the first place....

skinny_uncle
May 16th, 2021, 02:03 PM
SDSU just needs to go wildcat with Strong and Davis
At least a little ground and pound and control the clock.

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 02:05 PM
Darn lightning

mmiller_34
You need to keep up, if Gronowski was in the game, that punt would have never happened in the first place....

This guy. 100%

skinny_uncle
Lightning delay.

mmiller_34
Broadcast is out

NY Crusader 2010
May 16th, 2021, 02:06 PM
30 min lightning delay, how about that to kill whatever little momentum the Bunnies had right there.

At least it's another half hour of slinging drinks at Cubby's...

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 02:06 PM
I'm glad SHSU got their TD in before the lightning delay. SDSU needs to calm down

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 02:07 PM
30 min lightning delay, how about that to kill whatever little momentum the Bunnies had right there.

At least it's another half hour of slinging drinks at Cubby's...

What momentum? We were just scored on

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 02:07 PM

You need to keep up. If Sam hadn’t fumbled the snaps because of the rain then Sam would have been up early. If and buts...xlolx

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 02:09 PM
You need to keep up. If Sam hadn’t fumbled the snaps because of the rain then Sam would have been up early. If and buts...xlolx

This guy also on point. Love what I started so much.

BEAR
May 16th, 2021, 02:10 PM
Everyone take a shot...they’re talking about the SEC. xlolx

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 02:11 PM
What momentum? We were just scored on

Oh I see now that SDSU had a few plays in their drive. My broadcast literally went out during Ezzards schooling.

NY Crusader 2010
May 16th, 2021, 02:13 PM
Oh I see now that SDSU had a few plays in their drive. My broadcast literally went out during Ezzards schooling.

Really good return by Davis, sliding catch by Jackson Janke on third down and then a couple of solid downhill runs had you guys making moves into Sam territory.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 02:14 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210516/f9ca8ef6aae929edb765bffb4a16f50a.jpg

Tornado Warning just to the SE now. Talk about distractions. Sheesh

nickp
May 16th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Pretty fitting for this wacky season to have the championship game delayed for weather

DFW HOYA
May 16th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Yesterday's weather was great...

caribbeanhen
May 16th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Hate to see Gronowski out

Serpentor
May 16th, 2021, 02:21 PM
Yesterday's weather was great...

Yesterday would have been perfect. F--- ABC for not letting them play on a Saturday like college football is intended!

Laker
May 16th, 2021, 02:22 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens after the rain delay. Some teams go flat, lose that emotional edge. I've seen it happen where both teams look like a junior high scrimmage.

Losing the QB was huge but that is part of the game. Kicking game- both sides have had bad snaps. Don't blame the Jacks punter for trying to get the ball off- stop jumping offside to put him in a hole.

Chalupa Batman
May 16th, 2021, 02:26 PM
This game is the most SDSU game ever. It’s raining, QB gets hurt, and a weather delay. Heide has some experience from last season so that should help them.

skinny_uncle
May 16th, 2021, 02:29 PM
Watched a game that took 2 days once. They called it in the third quarter and finished it on Sunday. (Got drenched on Saturday)

Serpentor
May 16th, 2021, 02:31 PM
I hope Gronowski makes a full recovery. Sucks to get knocked out in an important game.

caribbeanhen
May 16th, 2021, 02:36 PM
Watched a game that took 2 days once. They called it in the third quarter and finished it on Sunday. (Got drenched on Saturday)

they should just postpone the game and play in August, the FCS kickoff classic Championship game, maybe Gronowski will be healty

Herdistheword
May 16th, 2021, 02:37 PM
Of course SDSU would lose their QB once they finally get to the championship...

I am a little bummed that I missed the start of this game, but I’m hoping for some good football after the break.

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Of course SDSU would lose their QB once they finally get to the championship...

I am a little bummed that I missed the start of this game, but I’m hoping for some good football after the break.

Yep. Exactly.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/x47gj23jEvGxdWkQEC/giphy.gif

Gil Dobie
May 16th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Will ABC continue to show the game if it goes into Prime time?