PDA

View Full Version : Game Threads

ursus arctos horribilis
April 27th, 2021, 09:26 PM
A few years back we went through a period where we began to have an expectation on game threads that they would be posted up with a poll on them. Most everyone seems to like that better...so do that when you start one please.

Professor Chaos and a few...very few others have set a great standard for what a playoff game thread should probably look like. So let's follow that lead. In fact for playoff threads I think it is probably a great idea to just leave those to him or at least get in touch with him so he can provide you (thread starter) with the info. he adds in 1st posts on those threads.

This is only about playoff threads although it is a great standard for the rest of us readers...do it like PC does it. I've asked him to start playoff threads so if he is running late send him a pm and inquire if you should start it up maybe...I just don't want to have to go around and fix up all the missing polls, thread titling, etc. to make **** better on those threads.:D

Also, I think we are good with one thread for the preamble and the game...we don't two or three of everything to do with one game probably.

Professor Chaos
April 27th, 2021, 11:33 PM
I'll try to get these game threads up as soon as the matchup is official (or all but official in the case of blowouts) so the discussion can begin. I'll add pertinent information to the first post as the week progresses like the kickoff time and network, team stats breakdown, betting lines, officiating crew conference, etc.