PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Quarterfinals: Delaware @ Jax State

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 04:02 PM
Here's the team stats breakdown:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51138241683_a65d0ebb22_z.jpg

Grab your ponchos, fellow Gamecocks. This one will be messy.

jsualumnus
April 24th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Only way we win is if Grass beats their asses for all the penalties and we play clean. Tired of the crap! Cocks by 3...

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Only way we win is if Grass beats their asses for all the penalties and we play clean. Tired of the crap!

Exactly. We have no chance.

Bison56
April 24th, 2021, 04:30 PM
Blue Hens for the win, JSU sucks.

Cocky
April 24th, 2021, 07:03 PM
SHU is trying for the thread delete.

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 07:04 PM
SHU is trying for the thread delete.

No chance.

Cocky
April 24th, 2021, 07:09 PM
Agree but they are playing tough

WestCoastAggie
April 24th, 2021, 08:31 PM
Man, I hope this isn't a jinx.

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 08:32 PM
Man, I hope this isn't a jinx.

It's not. SHU going home with an L.

Daytripper
April 24th, 2021, 08:35 PM
It's not. SHU going home with an L.

You're putting some bad karma out there...

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 08:35 PM
You're putting some bad karma out there...

I'm just spitting facts.

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Delaware will throw all over us.

JSU will throw the game.

Officials will be throwing all the flags.

Daytripper
April 24th, 2021, 08:59 PM
This is a game between two overrated teams. Who knows how it will end?

I'm going with Delaware because I dream of a "Keeler Bowl" in Frisco between SH and the Hens.

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 09:00 PM

I like how we're both overrated but Monmouth is just an underrated world beater.

Either way. Delaware by 2 scores.

Daytripper
April 24th, 2021, 09:02 PM
I like how we're both overrated but Monmouth is just an underrated world beater.

Either way. Delaware by 2 scores.

Monmouth has a legit defense and their young QB is really good. And they are well coached, which is something you must agree with that they have on the Cocks.

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 09:03 PM
Monmouth has a legit defense and their young QB is really good. And they are well coached, which is something you must agree with that they have on the Cocks.

JSU today would have bagged the Kats and thrown them in the river.

And that's with our second rate coaching.

SHSU is 10-ply.

Daytripper
April 24th, 2021, 09:06 PM
JSU today would have bagged the Kats and thrown them in the river.

And that's with our second rate coaching.

SHSU is 10-ply.

JSU wouldn't have scored on SH.

jsualumnus
April 24th, 2021, 09:33 PM

dude, WTF? Maybe we’d have thrown 2-3 INT’s and a fumble or two, with a few offsides, false starts, PF’s, and holds....But, would have scored!

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 09:37 PM
dude, WTF? Maybe we’d have thrown 2-3 INT’s and a fumble or two, with a few offsides, false starts, PF’s, and holds....But, would have scored!
Have we even been shut out at D1 aside from that Florida game?

lionsrking2
April 24th, 2021, 09:45 PM

I'm going with Delaware because I dream of a "Keeler Bowl" in Frisco between SH and the Hens.

This. I was all set to jump on Delaware until I watched them play tonight. Gotta go with the home team in a low scoring affair.

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 09:54 PM

Just did some researching.

JSU has only been shut out 4 times since moving to D1 in 1996. 3 of those 4 were in 2000 back when we were real bad. The other time was in 2012 against a Florida team that took a part of the SEC title and went to the Sugar Bowl.

So fun fact I suppose. JSU hasn't been shut out by an FCS opponent in over 20 years.

CockyGeek
April 24th, 2021, 10:26 PM
Delaware won't be able to run on JSU. I predict a low scoring game with a couple of long balls.

lionsrking2
April 24th, 2021, 10:29 PM

I don't know about shutout but they wouldn't scratch much.

JSU02
April 24th, 2021, 11:28 PM
https://twitter.com/JSUGamecocks/status/1386169391625252865?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

2pm Sunday

Chalupa Batman
April 24th, 2021, 11:31 PM
This. I was all set to jump on Delaware until I watched them play tonight. Gotta go with the home team in a low scoring affair.

My thoughts exactly.

caribbeanhen
April 25th, 2021, 06:12 AM

they are not overrated, the FCS is just bad

caribbeanhen
April 25th, 2021, 06:15 AM

anyone watching Delaware play last night would of thought it was 2019 again, but Chestnut would go for 400 yards in Strawberry Fields LK2....

Cocky
April 25th, 2021, 08:03 AM
Not sure we can stop the passing game of Delaware which will open up the run game. Delaware speed on the defensive edges will also cause us issues. Do see a low scoring affair for JSU but not sure of the same for Delaware.

JSUSoutherner
April 25th, 2021, 08:10 AM
JSU has two things they can do on offense.

Score immediately or punt immediately

There is no ability to sustain drives.

That will be our downfall.

CockyGeek
April 25th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Keys to beating JSU:

1. Hard counts
2. Trash talk
3. Covering all receivers so Webb will sling it

Big_Fan
April 25th, 2021, 01:01 PM
JSU has two things they can do on offense.

Score immediately or punt immediately

There is no ability to sustain drives.

That will be our downfall.

That is a hallmark of a Grass coached team.

We will either score at will with 1 minute drives...

...or go 3 and out with an odd explosive that may result in points...either winning the game or keeping it close...

The Maine debacle was the worst-case for a Grass team. That said, this game is at home. I go with a toss-up. We could win this game by 30 or lose close. I don't think they dominate us at home. It is a possible loss, but we will have explosives.

Professor Chaos
April 25th, 2021, 01:28 PM
Here's the team stats breakdown:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51138241683_a65d0ebb22_z.jpg

JSUSoutherner
April 25th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Logic would dictate this being a low scoring, defensive affair.

Therefore it will without a doubt be an absolute track meet.

jsualumnus
April 25th, 2021, 01:57 PM
no... I was there too. Could have been a decent game had we scored on that long play and executed other plays better. The D was pretty good that game.

Cocky
April 26th, 2021, 07:34 AM
JSU does have one fan believing JSU will win!

JSUSoutherner
April 26th, 2021, 07:50 AM

Can JSU win?

Absolutely. We could probably leave Delaware in a ditch up by Germania if we wanted to.

Will we win?

The answer is the same as it is for the question of "Will John Grass fix our sloppy penalties/ turnovers and run an offense that can sustain a drive?"

JSUSoutherner
April 26th, 2021, 07:58 AM
I just realized this game is our first mascot induced Cockfight since we conquered the beach chickens of Coastal Carolina in 2016.

This game is for FCS cock supremacy.

HensRock
April 26th, 2021, 08:03 AM
Delaware won't be able to run on JSU.

That won't stop our coaches from trying. Again, and Again, and Again... xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangx

Cocky
April 26th, 2021, 09:20 AM
That won't stop our coaches from trying. Again, and Again, and Again... xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangx

We can run but our coaches decide to throw interceptions.

Big_Fan
April 26th, 2021, 12:32 PM
We can run but our coaches decide to throw interceptions.

That might be the deciding factor...

Delaware will insist on running into a stone wall.

JSU will insist on throwing interceptions.

The winner will be decided by who accidentally lands in the endzone.

Big_Fan
April 26th, 2021, 12:37 PM

I tried to send you a PM but it says your storage is full.

Your sig has an outdated URL in it. The old freeforums link doesn't work. Try www.gojaxstate.net as a replacement. It works.

BNATION
April 26th, 2021, 03:02 PM
I have to say that i picked DU, but I'm starting to feel sorry for JSU fans, y'all are all pretty self deprecating....

caribbeanhen
April 26th, 2021, 03:34 PM
This just might be Delaware’s first football game in the State of Alabama

JSUSoutherner
April 26th, 2021, 03:44 PM
This just might be Delaware’s first football game in the State of Alabama

Was the 1978 game at our place or yours?

caribbeanhen
April 26th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Was the 1978 game at our place or yours?

Posted by Henjohn today on gohens

.......1978 Playoff game on a cloudy, cold, raw day at Delaware Stadium. JSU had an All American DE named Jesse Baker who was highly regarded and was drafted in the 2nd round by the NFL Houston Oilers but didn't do much that day. Our QB, a future Detroit Lion pick had a good game as did our future HC and current Sam Houston HC KC Keeler. Keeler was able to intercept Three consecutive JSU passes in the 2nd half to preserve a 42-27 win.

Daytripper
April 26th, 2021, 04:46 PM
Posted by Henjohn today on gohens

.......1978 Playoff game on a cloudy, cold, raw day at Delaware Stadium. JSU had an All American DE named Jesse Baker who was highly regarded and was drafted in the 2nd round by the NFL Houston Oilers but didn't do much that day. Our QB, a future Detroit Lion pick had a good game as did our future HC and current Sam Houston HC KC Keeler. Keeler was able to intercept Three consecutive JSU passes in the 2nd half to preserve a 42-27 win.

If that is true, that has to be some kind of record, right?

caribbeanhen
April 26th, 2021, 04:51 PM
If that is true, that has to be some kind of record, right?

I know it’s true

I have no clue about it being a record or not but pretty unbelievable

Daytripper
April 26th, 2021, 04:57 PM
I know it’s true

I have no clue about it being a record or not but pretty unbelievable

I can imagine a defense intercepting three consecutive passes, but ONE GUY?

HENJOHN
April 26th, 2021, 05:19 PM
I can imagine a defense intercepting three consecutive passes, but ONE GUY?

It was indeed ONE Player (KC Keeler) our former HC and current SHS HC. Not only did he intercept all Three, they were Consecutive Jacksonville QB passes. Its a well know accomplishment and record at UD.

caribbeanhen
April 26th, 2021, 05:28 PM
It was indeed ONE Player (KC Keeler) our former HC and current SHS HC. Not only did he intercept all Three, they were Consecutive Jacksonville QB passes. Its a well know accomplishment and record at UD.

This is the one thing (or 3 things) I remember about listening to that game on the radio Henjohn..... it was also good to learn at an early age that Jacksonville was not always in Florida

Cocky
April 26th, 2021, 09:24 PM
I tried to send you a PM but it says your storage is full.

Your sig has an outdated URL in it. The old freeforums link doesn't work. Try www.gojaxstate.net (http://www.gojaxstate.net) as a replacement. It works.

Ill try to change it

Cocky
April 26th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Wasnt Keeler a DL too

caribbeanhen
April 26th, 2021, 09:30 PM
Wasnt Keeler a DL too

I only remember him as a linebacker but I don’t claim to remember everything

OhioHen
April 27th, 2021, 06:17 AM
I have to say that i picked DU, but I'm starting to feel sorry for JSU fans, y'all are all pretty self deprecating....

Neither Drake nor Duquesne is playing in this game.

CockyGeek
April 27th, 2021, 03:46 PM

We haven't been allowed to say anything positive about our team on here for a decade. It's just become second nature.

jsualumnus
April 27th, 2021, 09:18 PM
We haven't been allowed to say anything positive about our team on here for a decade. It's just become second nature.
As a JSU fan, I need to take all these other JSU fans that keep bashing our team and beat the **** of them, then get them drunk, tell them they aren’t wrong in their feelings, drink more, tell them they’re 50% wrong, slap them around a bit, drink more, agree to disagree, buy them shots, and then tell them they have every right to say what they want on our team’s performance. It’s unreal... You dudes have no idea how frustrating it has been to see the talent come through with the lack of discipline, lack of seeing a coach do something about the penalties, and see what the program could be.

Daytripper
April 27th, 2021, 09:33 PM
As a JSU fan, I need to take all these other JSU fans that keep bashing our team and beat the **** of them, then get them drunk, tell them they aren’t wrong in their feelings, drink more, tell them they’re 50% wrong, slap them around a bit, drink more, agree to disagree, buy them shots, and then tell them they have every right to say what they want on our team’s performance. It’s unreal... You dudes have no idea how frustrating it has been to see the talent come through with the lack of discipline, lack of seeing a coach do something about the penalties, and see what the program could be.

Maybe not with the same issues, but SH fans have the same frustration.

caribbeanhen
April 27th, 2021, 09:36 PM

who are our big talent guys on offense? looks like a steady flow of serviceable players but no superstars.......

deep bench

number 8 and number 1 are your enforcers on Defense

QB Webb solid but not special, nice intermediate passing game, good on elusive handoffs only he still has the ball, dangerous near the goal line, he is kind of effortless in his approach lulls you to sleep and all of the sudden he's got the ball on a big gainer, cuts on a dime.... not sure about the deep game

used Tight ends and get everybody involved .... lots of players touch ball

just some random observations after checking out your E Illinois game.....

Cocky
April 28th, 2021, 06:23 AM
Our QB is well below par. The fall starter opt/failed? out
5 and 20 are good RBs, 3 is ok
52 is a hoss and 70 not far behind
30 and 2 are nice players
4 is a good long TE other good one opted out
Play about 11-12 DLs, hard for many to stand out 92 and 4 are normally productive.

JSUSoutherner
April 28th, 2021, 06:27 AM
Our QB is well below par. The fall starter opt/failed?

Knee injury. FIU game.

OhioHen
April 28th, 2021, 07:06 AM
Play about 11-12 DLs, hard for many to stand out 92 and 4 are normally productive.

So the DL is used to frequent rest breaks. Seems the way to take advantage and wear some guys out is to go fast and never substitute.

Cocky
April 28th, 2021, 07:37 AM
Probably but if it isnt your normal plan it could be counterproductive.

CockyGeek
April 28th, 2021, 07:46 AM

I still think the best team we've ever fielded was the year we were on a postseason ban because of APR. Seeing our QB go down with an injury at EWU was brutal. Forgetting how to have an offense against Kennesaw. Sleepwalking in Frisco. Existence is pain.

Cocky
April 28th, 2021, 10:24 AM
I still think the best team we've ever fielded was the year we were on a postseason ban because of APR. Seeing our QB go down with an injury at EWU was brutal. Forgetting how to have an offense against Kennesaw. Sleepwalking in Frisco. Existence is pain.

But do you remember the tunnel exit? It was epic.

HENJOHN
April 28th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Ill try to change it

No he was a 6-0,210 LB his whole UD career. He made the 1982 Eagles cam roster until the last cut as a Safety. Never played down lineman.

Mfergy4
April 29th, 2021, 08:50 AM
So the DL is used to frequent rest breaks. Seems the way to take advantage and wear some guys out is to go fast and never substitute.

The Bison have been rotating DL the last 10 or 11 years. There is no issue with teams who want to go fast and do not substitute.

JSUSoutherner
April 30th, 2021, 12:33 PM
**** is it Sunday yet?

ntxgamecock
May 2nd, 2021, 12:01 AM
**** is it Sunday yet?

It is now! Just 14 more hours to go. Go Gamecocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ysubigred
May 2nd, 2021, 08:19 AM
It is now! Just 14 more hours to go. Go Gamecocks!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNice,, gamecock vs hens.. I know what I'm grilling today.. Lol.

Good luck to both teams in a crazy season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 08:29 AM
Just realized but who is the clown that decided we both have to be at 3PM? I knew us and NDSU were at the same time but I thought we were both 1PM?

We couldn't have offset one of the games to 1? Really?

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 08:30 AM
I'm thinking the Delaware Defense will cause some problems for Jacksonville State today, let's face it... they don't see this kind of D in the Valley of the Oh Hi O

Delaware offense will continue to underwhelm, Hens will need some turnovers to help the sputtering Offense

Coach Rocco, remember TE De Maile... he could do some damage today if you get out of the way and let him play

Hens win a thriller

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 09:58 AM
Ohio Valley is massively improved over the past few years. We struggle on offense anyway. Going to be a very low scoring game for both sides unless there's blown coverage.

Cocky
May 2nd, 2021, 10:09 AM
Just not seeing much of a way we can score. Hard to win when you dont score.

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 10:14 AM

stop it

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 10:39 AM

We will score plenty.

On Delaware's behalf.

Zion Webb will be UD's highest scoring player.

Cocky
May 2nd, 2021, 11:33 AM
Will JSU double or triple UD in penalty yards?

Cocky
May 2nd, 2021, 11:34 AM
Hope UD enjoys the first class visitor's locker room. Will be something to tell their grandchildren about.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 11:35 AM
Will JSU double or triple UD in penalty yards?

Go big or go home. Give me the quad in penalties and the triple in turnovers.

We also outgain their offense by 200 yards+ and lose by 3+ TDs.

It is the only reasonable outcome.

Big_Fan
May 2nd, 2021, 01:46 PM
These 3AM games suck.

12 or 1AM is not so bad, I can sleep in a little and all is good.

6 or 8AM I am good... get up and watch the game and start my day.

3AM.... middle of the night. Sucks.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 01:49 PM
These 3AM games suck.

12 or 1AM is not so bad, I can sleep in a little and all is good.

6 or 8AM I am good... get up and watch the game and start my day.

3AM.... middle of the night. Sucks.

Didn't realize you were exactly 12 ahead of us. But yeah I think 3PM might be my least favorite game time as well. With 1PM you get up, get ready, and it's gametime by the time you're ready. With a late game you get a night game and I love me some night games.

3PM you end up waiting around and don't even get a night game out of it.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:05 PM
Just turned on the game. My anxiety went through the roof and I now have that "we're about to get our ass kicked in the most embarrassing way imaginable" feeling.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:06 PM
Wind. Such a tease.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 02:09 PM
Delaware with two false starts already. What

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:09 PM
Delaware with two false starts already. What

We must have grabbed the wrong jersey in the locker rooms.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:10 PM
That flag was weak as ****.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 02:12 PM
Nobody is covering outside the hashes. 🤮

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:13 PM
Nobody is covering outside the hashes. 🤮

This. We're going to get picked apart.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:16 PM
That timeout by us pretty much confirms we absolutely do not have our **** together.

GG Delaware. Have fun in Brookings.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:17 PM
Dagger.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:21 PM
Spoiler alert. Zion is about to throw into double coverage playing catch-up and get picked off.

Then we'll be down 14.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 02:24 PM
Every one committing false starts should be benched for the game and forced to run around the stadium until they vomit.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 02:30 PM
99th penalty of the year on #99. How poetic

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:30 PM
I'm turning this off.

I'm sick of watching this team play like **** week in and week out.

Grass is a ****ing loser and doesn't give a damn.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 02:36 PM
We brought the Prevent D out for this game. Jack Crowe is peeking over the fence and coaching.

HensRock
May 2nd, 2021, 02:42 PM
Zion Webb looks like he twisted his knee or hyperextended it.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 02:43 PM
I've seen this in the playoffs before. I want to throw up. Poor Zion

GoBlueHens83
May 2nd, 2021, 02:43 PM
Hoping that Webb is okay, and the injury isn't serious. Didn't look good.

HensRock
May 2nd, 2021, 02:46 PM
Hoping that Webb is okay, and the injury isn't serious. Didn't look good.

No it did not. Hope he's OK.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:46 PM
I've seen this in the playoffs before. I want to throw up. Poor Zion

Yeah except unlike 2013, this team was DOA.

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 02:47 PM
I'm thinking the Delaware Defense will cause some problems for Jacksonville State today, let's face it... they don't see this kind of D in the Valley of the Oh Hi O

Delaware offense will continue to underwhelm, Hens will need some turnovers to help the sputtering Offense

Coach Rocco, remember TE De Maile... he could do some damage today if you get out of the way and let him play

Hens win a thriller

So far everything as predicted except for the Delaware sputtering offense

Delaware winning the line of scrimmage battle on both sides of the ball

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 02:49 PM
I can't wait for Grass after this game.

"We wouldn't have gotten completely embarrassed if Webb hadn't gone down."

That's going to be the excuse now.

I'm ****ing done with JSU football until they fire this clown. Someone adopt me into their fan-base.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 02:52 PM
3rd string QB thinking he can run on Delaware. lol

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 03:01 PM
We just got absolutely ****ing shafted by the refs.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 03:02 PM
101 Penalties. But an interception

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 03:02 PM
Run.

The.

****ing.

Ball.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 03:05 PM
Only Grass is braindead enough to call a deep ball on 3&2 with our 3rd string QB.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 03:22 PM
This is the worst half of football since Maine and we still only allowed 14 points. Defense has shown up mostly all year but the offense has been pathetic against good teams for 20 years.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 03:25 PM
Take a knee and go make "adjustments"

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 03:27 PM
Take a knee and go make "adjustments"

Out of curiosity, have you ever seen Grass make an adjustment? Like ever?

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 03:27 PM
This is the worst half of football since Maine and we still only allowed 14 points. Defense has shown up mostly all year but the offense has been pathetic against good teams for 20 years.

Say it again

sputtering

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 03:28 PM

Interesting, Ogle has been our OC for round about 20 years.

Coincidence?

We need a house cleaning on the offensive side of the ball.

Laker
May 2nd, 2021, 03:30 PM

I'm ****ing done with JSU football until they fire this clown. Someone adopt me into their fan-base.

How far are you from Mankato? Do you like purple?

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 03:33 PM

I don't know where Mankato is but I know it's north. I live in Grand Rapids so that's kinda north.

Purple I could take it or leave it.

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 03:37 PM
Well the injury to Nolan Henderson the Delaware quarterback looked brutal, but surprisingly he came back in the game

I would let Henderson rest and go with the back up and just turn this game over to the defense

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 03:37 PM

They had one loss in 2019. Southerner only likes Champions.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 03:45 PM
They had one loss in 2019. Southerner only likes Champions.

I don't give a damn about titles. I just want to watch a team that doesn't shoot its own foot off every other week.

We are pretty well matched with Delaware physically but our gameplan is dog**** and our execution is horrendous and Rocco is punishing us for it because he has more than 7 functional brain cells.

I didn't mind at all when we lost to Kennesaw in the 5OT game. It honestly didn't even need to be that close. Or when we lost to Auburn or FSU. But those few are the only time under John Grass I can say that team played well and the other team was just better. I went away from that game feeling great that I was fortunate to watch two great teams go at it even though we came up short. But the team left everything they had on the field and that's all I can hope for.

Every other game we have ever lost was a game we played like absolute ass in.

This isn't us playing well.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 03:49 PM
AC MF'N Graham!!!!!

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 03:50 PM
Oh wow. We ran the ball and good things happened.

I'm ****ing shocked. SHOCKED I tell you.

Bisonoline
May 2nd, 2021, 03:51 PM
I don't know where Mankato is but I know it's north. I live in Grand Rapids so that's kinda north.

Purple I could take it or leave it.

Mankato is about 100 miles further north.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 03:52 PM
Mankato is about 100 miles further north.

I believe there is a small ocean in the way. That complicates things.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 04:00 PM
John Grass and Jimmy Ogle are losers

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 04:02 PM
Get him the **** out of the stadium.

Degenerate.

blackbeard
May 2nd, 2021, 04:03 PM
Get him the **** out of the stadium.

Degenerate.

Agreed!!

Sader87
May 2nd, 2021, 04:04 PM
That was one of the cheapest shots I've ever seen...

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 04:04 PM
Just like I said. This game will be lost on penalties. There will be no repercussions. Our staff and ADs are morons

Nickels
May 2nd, 2021, 04:09 PM
Clean hit. He was still in bounds.

Bison56
May 2nd, 2021, 04:10 PM
Pure trash

Lorne_Malvo
May 2nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
Nothing about it was clean. QBs foot was out, leading with the crown and launching to the QBs helmet. Surely you are not this stupid.

F'N Hawks
May 2nd, 2021, 04:15 PM
What a program. All class.

Bison56
May 2nd, 2021, 04:16 PM
How long will JSU put up with this coaching staff?

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 04:16 PM

Leave it to a Sam fan to call that **** a clean hit.

If I was coach he'd have just earned himself a spot off my ****ing team.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 04:17 PM
One foot in front of a ref and the Hens bench. He's brain damaged

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 04:18 PM
One foot in front of a ref and the Hens bench. He's brain damaged

Honestly if Delaware's bench had come over and kicked his ass I wouldn't have shed a tear.

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 04:20 PM
Honestly if Delaware's bench had come over and kicked his ass I wouldn't have shed a tear.

The targetIng was the punk stupid part, Henderson needed to get out of bounds quicker

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 04:23 PM
The targetIng was the punk stupid part, Henderson needed to get out of bounds quicker

Henderson should have protected himself. Contact wasn't unwarranted. But the type of hit, that was absolute garbage and the most braindead thing I've seen from JSU all season.

And considering what I've seen this season, that says a lot.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 04:30 PM
This feels suspiciously like the 2017 playoff game against Kennesaw.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 04:31 PM
A screen pass on 3rd and 10. 🤡

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 04:34 PM
A screen pass on 3rd and 10. 🤡

You see why I'm so damn critical now?

This **** needs to stop. And it needs to stop yesterday.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 04:36 PM
Recruiting an entire stable of running QBs is stupid. Next year will be brutal out of the OVC

GoBlueHens83
May 2nd, 2021, 04:40 PM
Neither of these teams have a shot to win next week.

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 04:40 PM
QB Draw on 3rd and 8. Game conceded.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 04:53 PM
Bring in the 5th String QB, Cowards!!

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 05:07 PM
Lol. We just punted the ball away. See y'all in August.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 05:08 PM
Lol. We just punted the ball away. See y'all in August.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the team will fold before then.

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 05:14 PM
So much for my bracket.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 05:19 PM
So much for my bracket.

NDSU nuked my bracket. This went about as I expected.

Schism55
May 2nd, 2021, 05:31 PM
Congrats Delaware, big win

CockyGeek
May 2nd, 2021, 05:31 PM
One score game. What a close one! 🙃

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 05:39 PM
One score game. What a close one! 🙃

wE wOuLd HaVe wOn iF zIoN hAdNt GoNe dOwN!

Serpentor
May 2nd, 2021, 05:44 PM
Dang, this was was down to the wire. Congratulations Delaware. JSU, you were in it 'til the end.

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 05:48 PM
How is Henderson after the cheap shot? I didn't see him in the game after that.

GoBlueHens83
May 2nd, 2021, 05:49 PM
How is Henderson after the cheap shot? I didn't see him in the game after that.

He played the rest of the game. Injured his shoulder early in the game, not from the cheap shot, got it bandaged up and only missed part of a series.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 05:51 PM
Just listened to Grass after the game.

Apparently our team is mature.

Not a single mention of the fact we had more penalties that 1st downs and more penalty yardage than passing yardage.

Trash.

knit35
May 2nd, 2021, 05:54 PM
D in Delaware today standing for Domination

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 05:57 PM
He played the rest of the game. Injured his shoulder early in the game, not from the cheap shot, got it bandaged up and only missed part of a series.

That's good. I thought I saw someone else in (#10?) after that play but obviously I wasn't paying as close attention to that game.

GoBlueHens83
May 2nd, 2021, 06:02 PM
That's good. I thought I saw someone else in (#10?) after that play but obviously I wasn't paying as close attention to that game.

You did see 10 a few times. They bring him in for mainly rushing plays.

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 08:07 PM
You did see 10 a few times. They bring him in for mainly rushing plays.

Right after the Henderson play where he hurt his shoulder, I would’ve never thought we would’ve seen him back in the game

that kid is tough as nails

Bisonoline
May 2nd, 2021, 08:09 PM
Just listened to Grass after the game.

Apparently our team is mature.

Not a single mention of the fact we had more penalties that 1st downs and more penalty yardage than passing yardage.

Trash.

Did he mention that you could have been Over prepared?

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 08:10 PM

I nominate SDSU. You and mmiller will make an unstoppable sandbagging tandem.

jsualumnus
May 2nd, 2021, 09:51 PM
Total **** show today... So pissed at Grass and his inability to discipline a team and coach. Said once Webb went down they had to draw some things up on the sideline. So our 3rd and 4th strong QB’s had to play the game...That wasn’t our problem. We plain out sucked today.

JSUSoutherner
May 3rd, 2021, 01:31 AM
I nominate SDSU. You and mmiller will make an unstoppable sandbagging tandem.

We got our asses kicked. I clearly was not sandbagging.

marenlee
May 3rd, 2021, 07:36 PM
Heard some interesting comments about JSU from a former Bison great during NDSU's post game show. He mentioned the thing that stuck out to him most about JSU prior to and during the Championship game was their lack of discipline and maturity. He said it was immediately noticed during the BBQ bowl a couple days before the game and it showed up even more during the Championship game. Kinda interesting hearing that and it still showing up at a game years down the road with a Grass led team.

JSUSoutherner
May 3rd, 2021, 07:45 PM
Heard some interesting comments about JSU from a former Bison great during NDSU's post game show. He mentioned the thing that stuck out to him most about JSU prior to and during the Championship game was their lack of discipline and maturity. He said it was immediately noticed during the BBQ bowl a couple days before the game and it showed up even more during the Championship game. Kinda interesting hearing that and it still showing up at a game years down the road with a Grass led team.

That's just them being a 'blue collar team'. Or some BS.

Bisonoline
May 4th, 2021, 09:22 PM
\

Truth.

BUT------

In this day and age trying to instill discipline and teach life lessons can be construed as racist.

Daytripper
May 4th, 2021, 09:28 PM
We got our asses kicked. I clearly was not sandbagging.

Not sure you understand that you shouldn't call out other teams that you watched get skull-dragged in the playoffs when you are just looking in the mirror.... it's karma and it's real.

JSUSoutherner
May 4th, 2021, 10:27 PM
Not sure you understand that you shouldn't call out other teams that you watched get skull-dragged in the playoffs when you are just looking in the mirror.... it's karma and it's real.

Ask me how much I care.