PDA

View Full Version : Pitt DE to Albany

Ruler 79
July 31st, 2007, 12:07 PM
Myself and a few UA posters have heard the rumor that a Pitt DE has just signed. Any one have any info to confirm this?

What an addition would that be for our D. Two FBS transfers in one year.

89Hen
July 31st, 2007, 12:34 PM
All I can say is good luck getting him released from his schollie at Pitt. They are complete jerks about that. xnodx

danefan
July 31st, 2007, 12:57 PM
We have an "in" at Pitt. Our former Linebacker's coach (2002-2005)is now the D-Backs coach at Pitt. Plus Coach Ford is well acquainted with Coach Wannstedt (that's most likely how the coach got the job anyway).

I haven't been able to confirm the rumor yet, but I heard it from a source very close to the program who would know its veracity.

I hope its true as long as the kid is leaving Pitt for the "right" reasons and not because of something bad.

bison137
July 31st, 2007, 04:18 PM
McKenzie Mathews, who is from the Syracuse area, is one Pitt DE who was available. He played a lot for them as a true frosh and then left school after first semester because he found D1 football to be too time-intensive and not fun. However there were reports recently that he is transferring to Bentley to join one of his HS friends:

http://www.bentley.edu/athletics/pr_view.cfm?id=543430

Dane96
July 31st, 2007, 04:23 PM
Hmmmm...that would make sense...Albany is home area (not far from the 'Cuse) he is 2 hours from his buddy to visit in the spring...we can offer him a scholarship...and his family can watch him play regularly.

This makes A LOT OF SENSE.

That being said, he is listed on the Bentley roster.

Maybe something happened at Bentley?

danefan
July 31st, 2007, 08:56 PM
I'm 99.9% sure its not McKenzie Matthews. After more research this doesn't seem as great as it was previously eluded to. Apparently the kid has been here all summer working out and was a walk-on at Pitt. No playing time and is very undersized. Hopefully he can contribute, but I doubt he'll see much time in the near future.

henfan
August 1st, 2007, 08:31 AM
My guess is Derrell Jones, though I think he's a DT.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/s_517788.html

Ruler 79
August 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
If he went to Bently wouldn't he have to sit? Maybe he is the kid who plans on attending UA.

mrklean
August 1st, 2007, 09:06 AM
bump