PDA

View Full Version : big south media day

CSUbucFan
July 30th, 2007, 07:44 PM
any thoughts on the preseason teams or the predicted order of finish in the big south? charleston southern 4th? also has anyone heard how CSU is going to be with new QB and losing WR's in the passing game?

IaaScribe
July 30th, 2007, 09:02 PM
CSU won't beat Liberty, Coastal or Gardner-Webb and will be lucky to beat VMI in Lexington. Best-case scenario, the Bucs finish 4-7 with the wins coming against JC Smith, North Greenville, Savannah and Presby. I don't care if the Bucs return nine starters on defense. That defense was not very good, allowing 335 yards a game against one of the most pathetic schedules in I-AA.

MarkCCU
July 31st, 2007, 07:00 AM
Liberty will beat CSU and will give CCU a tough time nbut will ultimatly fail. CSU and Coastal will have to work thier assess off this year, harder than any year before. Liberty and GWebb will get thier justice in the league and no longer have to be inlcuded in the same breath as North Greenville and VMI.

Dabnus Brickey
July 31st, 2007, 08:12 AM
Yes, CSU will return to being the laughingstock of the Big South.

Thank you...

CSUBUCDAD
July 31st, 2007, 08:48 AM
Yes, CSU will return to being the laughingstock of the Big South.

Thank you...

You are not welcome. That crap stopped when they hired Mills and it ain't going back there again.

IaaScribe
July 31st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I don't know about laughingstock. CSU is going to be competitive. The talent level has increased greatly there in the last few years. But there are too many pieces to replace from that offense for the Bucs to win a lot of games this season.

I misspoke earlier, by the way. I meant to say best-case was 5-6 with another win figured in at VMI.

g-webb1994
July 31st, 2007, 05:45 PM
CSU finishes in the cellar. VMI beats CSU, and I still say they get G-Webb at the right time after back to back road tests at Appy and Wofford to pull a big upset. My boys play spoiler in the finale though, and send Jerry's kids back to Lynchburg with a big L.xrotatehx

It's Coastal's conference to lose, again. I will be intrigued to see how PC fares against the four Big South teams they are playing.

CSUbucFan
July 31st, 2007, 05:57 PM
i say 7-4 or 8-3, i watched pring practice and think they might surprise people but first 2 games will tell a lot with citadel and wofford both away.

CSUBUCDAD
July 31st, 2007, 06:49 PM
i say 7-4 or 8-3, i watched pring practice and think they might surprise people but first 2 games will tell a lot with citadel and wofford both away.

Practice is supposedly closed to the public. Where did you hide?xeyebrowx

Sly Fox
August 1st, 2007, 10:12 AM
If G-W didn't have that brutal non-conference sked I'd put them in a 3-way battle for the crown. But they will likely be too badly bruised & beaten to be make it through league play. But they certainly have some talent.

Otherwise I see this be decided between the Flames & Chants. Yeah, I know, not very creative. But sometimes the obvious is the way to go.

As for CSU, they better not overlook VMI or this could be a VERY long fall. Reid doesn't have the horses quite yet but he's a good enough coach to win a game or two that he probably shouldn't based on personnel.

g-webb1994
August 2nd, 2007, 09:55 AM
If G-W didn't have that brutal non-conference sked I'd put them in a 3-way battle for the crown. But they will likely be too badly bruised & beaten to be make it through league play. But they certainly have some talent.

Otherwise I see this be decided between the Flames & Chants. Yeah, I know, not very creative. But sometimes the obvious is the way to go.

As for CSU, they better not overlook VMI or this could be a VERY long fall. Reid doesn't have the horses quite yet but he's a good enough coach to win a game or two that he probably shouldn't based on personnel.

Agreed!xthumbsupx

Tealblood
August 2nd, 2007, 03:34 PM

Is Pring your new quarterback if so he better be prepared to run for his life

IaaScribe
August 2nd, 2007, 04:22 PM
What's a quaterback? :D

Tealblood
August 2nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
don't you love when you make the mistype over the misspellxlolx