PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Spring Playoffs Round 1: EWU @ NDSU

Professor Chaos
April 19th, 2021, 09:48 AM
Here's how these two match up statistically with the national ranks in parenthesis. Take them with a grain of salt given how few games some teams played this spring and the insular schedules most teams played but hopefully it gives some insight on the relative strengths and weaknesses of each team.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51125501113_ae86aa9479_z.jpg

Discuss.

Professor Chaos
April 19th, 2021, 09:54 AM
NDSU's drop off in statistical dominance is really noticeable from previous seasons but not that surprising for those of us that have watched them. I'm still pretty shocked by a few things like the terrible turnover margin (which is more defense not forcing any turnovers than the offense turning it over a ton) and the awful redzone defense.

Time of possession will be key this game for NDSU so winning the 3rd down battle will be large. If Barriere and the EWU offense are able to get out there for 10+ possessions it's probably going to be a long day for the Bison defense.

Katfan
April 19th, 2021, 10:54 AM
This is a crazy first round match up,imho!

Puddin Tane
April 19th, 2021, 10:57 AM
Will this be on tv? And on green field?

Professor Chaos
April 19th, 2021, 11:00 AM
Will this be on tv? And on green field?
On the green turf in Fargo at 2:30PM CT streaming on ESPN3.

Consequently this is EWU's first road playoff game since 2009. In their 6 playoff appearances between then and now their season either ended at home or in Frisco.

wapiti
April 19th, 2021, 11:06 AM
I pick NDSU to win this one.

JSUSoutherner
April 19th, 2021, 11:09 AM
This is the Semifinals on this side of the bracket

POD Knows
April 19th, 2021, 11:13 AM
This is the Semifinals on this side of the bracketHave you seen NDSU play this year, I am just glad we didn't get Monmouth or HC so losing in the first round won't be so embarrassing.

JSUSoutherner
April 19th, 2021, 11:14 AM
Have you seen NDSU play this year, I am just glad we didn't get Monmouth or HC so losing in the first round won't be so embarrassing.

NDSU is the best team on that side. Sam is Sam and I don't buy anything from JMU yet.

SUPharmacist
April 19th, 2021, 11:21 AM
NDSU is the best team on that side. Sam is Sam and I don't buy anything from JMU yet.

Sam may be the best team on this side. NDSU and JMU are both huge question marks this year.

SUPharmacist
April 19th, 2021, 11:24 AM
I am super worried about this game. I do not buy the NDSU defense and their ability to stop a high powered offense right now. The offense looks better if we stick with Cam, but they aren't world beaters. Overall NDSU looks very average. Maybe the committee is right and the Valley is just head and shoulders above the other conferences which will show in these first round games, but I just don't buy it.

JSUSoutherner
April 19th, 2021, 11:27 AM
Sam may be the best team on this side. NDSU and JMU are both huge question marks this year.

Maybe. Or maybe they're the same ol' high-flying SHSU that will screaming out of the Southland only to get dumptrucked by 60 in the quarterfinals again.

Trust me. I'm a JSU fan. I have experience in this area.

SUPharmacist
April 19th, 2021, 11:35 AM
Maybe. Or maybe they're the same ol' high-flying SHSU that will screaming out of the Southland only to get dumptrucked by 60 in the quarterfinals again.

That could be true, but if thats the case I would not think NDSU is the team to dump truck them.

katss07
April 19th, 2021, 12:13 PM

Sam's defense has far surpassed it's offense. They lead the FCS in multiple categories and are clearly better than either one of the defenses in THIS game.

Trust me, I'm an SHSU fan. We've had one sided, feast or famine teams (2015, 2016) and we've had balanced, defensive teams that have gone far (2011, 2012, 2014). This team is the latter. And they'd do the same thing they did to JSU in the 2014 Second Round.

Bisonator
April 19th, 2021, 12:29 PM

No they aren't, have you been paying attention this spring? This isn't the Bison of the last 10 years. Not even close.

I do think they win this game though, EWU seems like a decent matchup for this team. Run the ball control the TOP and keep EWU's offense off the field as much as possible and sneak out a win.......hopefully.

JSUSoutherner
April 19th, 2021, 12:52 PM
Sam's defense has far surpassed it's offense. They lead the FCS in multiple categories and are clearly better than either one of the defenses in THIS game.

Trust me, I'm an SHSU fan. We've had one sided, feast or famine teams (2015, 2016) and we've had balanced, defensive teams that have gone far (2011, 2012, 2014). This team is the latter. And they'd do the same thing they did to JSU in the 2014 Second Round.

Yeah, yeah.

I remember hearing all about the high flying combo of Briscoe and PJ Hall was going to shut us down in 2015. That team was so improved over the 2014 and they were going to beat us so much worse.

And then they didn't.

If they're different, good for you. I'll eat my crow. Sam has a perfect bracket to prove themselves to me.

JSUSoutherner
April 19th, 2021, 12:53 PM
No they aren't, have you been paying attention this spring? This isn't the Bison of the last 10 years. Not even close.

I do think they win this game though, EWU seems like a decent matchup for this team. Run the ball control the TOP and keep EWU's offense off the field as much as possible and sneak out a win.......hopefully.

I have. Several games. This team isn't as good as years past no. But not as good as past Bison teams is still better than just about anyone else in the division. It was tough sledding for you guys on Saturday but even I can recognize SDSUs offensive line right now is playing otherworldly football.

BNATION
April 19th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Excited for this game. Hard to say how NDSU offense will look with a full game under new QB'ing. If they can be a little more than giving the ball to Mike Alstott jr. than I think they can make this a game. I do however think that EWU will get their points. Heck of a 1st round matchup....

geaux_sioux
April 20th, 2021, 07:40 PM
What’s EWUs DL like this year? Another huge Samoan at nose I hope.

Gil Dobie
April 20th, 2021, 08:29 PM
Only 2 times NDSU lost a playoff game, the team that beat them, went on to win the championship.

Hammerhead
April 20th, 2021, 10:09 PM
NDSU looked bad last week and I have no idea if they will bounce back.

Chalupa Batman
April 20th, 2021, 10:52 PM
Other than a rematch with the bunnies, this is probably the worst matchup the Bison could have. NDSU has to win a shootout, I don't see that ending well for them.

geaux_sioux
April 21st, 2021, 10:34 AM

NDSU has a history of playing really well after a loss. Usually afterward NDSU players look pissed. After the SDSU loss they looked dejected. Will be interesting to see how they play against EWU.

dudeitsaid
April 21st, 2021, 08:26 PM
NDSU has a history of playing really well after a loss. Usually afterward NDSU players look pissed. After the SDSU loss they looked dejected. Will be interesting to see how they play against EWU.

The downside is that NDSU usually has a really hard time finding any extra motivation when they play EWU. xlolx

I hate to say it, but in the Fargodome...I think the Bison are going to pull it off. Maybe EWU if on the glorious inferno, but alas, that was not to be.

JSUSoutherner
April 21st, 2021, 08:38 PM
I mean in the few times I've seen NDSU lose, they always seem to come out with a vengeance the next week.

I mean you guys did blank Missouri State after SIU.

You also went 45-1 and won 3 straight nattys after losing to JMU.

So yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to see EWU get smacked this weekend.

dudeitsaid
April 22nd, 2021, 12:16 AM
I mean in the few times I've seen NDSU lose, they always seem to come out with a vengeance the next week.

I mean you guys did blank Missouri State after SIU.

You also went 45-1 and won 3 straight nattys after losing to JMU.

So yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to see EWU get smacked this weekend.

And, they won 5 straight after losing to EWU on that contested call....yeah, they don't like to lose.

POD Knows
April 22nd, 2021, 08:05 AM
And, they won 5 straight after losing to EWU on that contested call....yeah, they don't like to lose.Well, the difference in year's past is that NDSU had the personnel to be able to rebound, it just isn't there this year, 70+ Redshirt freshman/freshman/sophomores on this team, weakest upper class maybe in the history of the program or at least in the D1 era.

Lots of injuries to key individuals, it is just kind of a mess right now but all teams have issues. The EWU/NDSU rivalry is pretty good, really just the one blow out game that I remember and that was in Cheney.

TheKingpin28
April 22nd, 2021, 08:14 AM
Well, the difference in year's past is that NDSU had the personnel to be able to rebound, it just isn't there this year, 70+ Redshirt freshman/freshman/sophomores on this team, weakest upper class maybe in the history of the program or at least in the D1 era.

Lots of injuries to key individuals, it is just kind of a mess right now but all teams have issues. The EWU/NDSU rivalry is pretty good, really just the one blow out game that I remember and that was in Cheney.

This.

I actually voted for EWU since I feel like Entz is going to try and play 4D chess by starting Zeb and not containing Barriere. This team does not have the "it" factor this year and that is what scares me. In years past, after a loss, this team would rally around each other and make it clear they do not want to be THAT team who does not win a natty, but I feel like there are too many players on this team that are more concerned about individuality and off the field stuff vs the name on the front and the reason why they are on the team.

Daytripper
April 22nd, 2021, 09:22 AM
This.

I actually voted for EWU since I feel like Entz is going to try and play 4D chess by starting Zeb and not containing Barriere. This team does not have the "it" factor this year and that is what scares me. In years past, after a loss, this team would rally around each other and make it clear they do not want to be THAT team who does not win a natty, but I feel like there are too many players on this team that are more concerned about individuality and off the field stuff vs the name on the front and the reason why they are on the team.

I think the lucky charm of success with "next coach up" may be over. But, we will see. How long will they stick with Entz if there is a continuous slide?

Bisonator
April 22nd, 2021, 12:45 PM
I think the lucky charm of success with "next coach up" may be over. But, we will see. How long will they stick with Entz if there is a continuous slide?
Probably not for a few couple years. This fall might still be a mess with the covid **** and this spring season contributing to it. I'd say if they are not back to form next fall (2022) his seat may start getting warm.

TheKingpin28
April 22nd, 2021, 12:55 PM
I think the lucky charm of success with "next coach up" may be over. But, we will see. How long will they stick with Entz if there is a continuous slide?Personally, if he does not make a run next fall in the playoffs, that seat will be hot. I know others on here disagree with that sentiment but if they go 2 years without a title under the same coach, that will not sit well with the boosters.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bisonator
April 22nd, 2021, 01:06 PM
Personally, if he does not make a run next fall in the playoffs, that seat will be hot. I know others on here disagree with that sentiment but if they go 2 years without a title under the same coach, that will not sit well with the boosters.

Lol it might not sit well but think of how crazy that sounds. xlolx

Daytripper
April 22nd, 2021, 01:07 PM
Lol it might not sit well but think of how crazy that sounds. xlolx

Yep. No pressure here....xeyebrowx

TheKingpin28
April 22nd, 2021, 08:00 PM
Lol it might not sit well but think of how crazy that sounds. xlolxExactly. It's insane to even think that could be a thing but it's been precedent and the rule is you need to win multiple in a row to remain in your position.

Drblankstare
April 24th, 2021, 07:56 AM
Losing Hayes to the transfer portal during the season was a tough one, but it’s probably going to felt the most during this game. NDSU is going to have to dominate time of possession, getting into a shootout with EWU is probably a very bad idea, considering their limitations on offense this spring.

POD Knows
April 24th, 2021, 07:59 AM
NDSU is a 7 point dog in this game, when is that last time that happened in a playoff game

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2021, 08:15 AM
NDSU is a 7 point dog in this game, when is that last time that happened in a playoff game
They're a 6.5 point favorite according to the ESPN scoreboard.

But I'd guess in the 2010 playoffs at EWU or Montana St they were probably 7 points dogs or worse. They were slight underdogs in the 2019 championship game but before that it had been a while since they had been any kind of an underdog... maybe the 2015 championship vs JSU or the 2011 championship vs Sam Houston. I know they were actually slightly favored in the 2017 natty even though JMU was ranked #1 and undefeated.

POD Knows
April 24th, 2021, 08:19 AM
They're a 6.5 point favorite according to the ESPN scoreboard.

But I'd guess in the 2010 playoffs at EWU or Montana St they were probably 7 points dogs or worse. They were slight underdogs in the 2019 championship game but before that it had been a while since they had been any kind of an underdog... maybe the 2015 championship vs JSU or the 2011 championship vs Sam Houston. I know they were actually slightly favored in the 2017 natty even though JMU was ranked #1 and undefeated.LOL, ****, got a text message on this, a friend of mine read the line wrong and I didn't verify it. Yea, SportBettingLine has the Herd at 7.5 favorite. My bad.

Iridebikes
April 24th, 2021, 08:29 AM
i'm afraid that this is a NDSU win. Our defense is typical EWU defense (porous) and if that were not enough its thin as well.

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2021, 09:04 AM
i'm afraid that this is a NDSU win. Our defense is typical EWU defense (porous) and if that were not enough its thin as well.
You're more optimistic about NDSU's chances than 80% of Bison fans are... I get the feeling many of us are frustrated with how average our team has looked for much of this bastardized spring season. I'll never root for my Bison to lose but if they do lose today it's not going to be near the gut punch it would be for a normal fall season. Even last week's loss to SDSU didn't feel like previous losses to SDSU.... I was a lot less frustrated by it.

Schism55
April 24th, 2021, 01:55 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1386028174610518017
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1386028600600760321

Sigh, that's not good...

Drblankstare
April 24th, 2021, 02:15 PM

Sigh, that's not good...

i just shook my head when I saw it. Gonna take a hell of an effort by the young kids today

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 02:21 PM

Sigh, that's not good...I just do not see NDSU winning with the amount of players out.

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 02:40 PM
I see NDSU is content with looking awful on defense and forgetting how to tackle.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 02:41 PM
Ugh. Big play by EWU on 3rd down. Price should've knocked that one down.

EWU looks to be getting a TD on the opening drive.

Dewey

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Of course piss poor tackling on that short pitch to the left for the TD.

UGH!

Dewey

Prime Power
April 24th, 2021, 02:43 PM
I just do not see NDSU winning with the amount of players out.

I didn't see NDSU winning even if they were full strength. The defense can't tackle. It almost looks like they aren't even trying.

Winterborn
April 24th, 2021, 02:45 PM
I see NDSU is content with looking awful on defense and forgetting how to tackle.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkForgetting how to tackle has been a season long issue.

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 02:46 PM
Forgetting how to tackle has been a season long issue.This team is bad at wrapping. All of them are trying to play heroball and go for the fumble than play consistent wrap up football.

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 02:48 PM
EWU makes 7 look easy. Never seen a NDSU team lift the skirt that easy...

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 02:48 PM
I didn't see NDSU winning even if they were full strength. The defense can't tackle. It almost looks like they aren't even trying.This team would give 09 a run for their money. Questions deserved to be asked about the staff if this game gets out of hand.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 02:50 PM

NDSU hasn't been this bad since 2009.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 02:50 PM

You must not have watched the SIU game.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 02:51 PM

You are correct.

Dewey

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 02:52 PM
No doubt, just odd to see y’all not tackling sound. Looks like a normal SH defense. Not typical for those guys.

caribbeanhen
April 24th, 2021, 02:53 PM
OK it’s official

The Behemoth has ticks fleas mange and lice

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 03:00 PM
NDSU is going to feel what it feels like to get boat raced in the playoffs. I have to say I know the feeling all too well.

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2021, 03:00 PM
The run is officially over. This team has quit.

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 03:01 PM
How ironic that NDSUs dynasty started with a loss to EWU and will end with a loss to EWU.

Hell of a decade but questions need to be asked about this coaching staff cause this team looks like they have given up.

Prime Power
April 24th, 2021, 03:02 PM

I think this is on the coaches, Entz is not a good HC. He rode Klieman's and Lance's coat-tails. It is only gonna get worse with him as the HC.

JayJ79
April 24th, 2021, 03:03 PM
I like seeing NDSU lose. But I dislike seeing games on that horrid red turf more.
so hopefully if EWU wins, they don't get any home games in the remaining rounds

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Wow another play that does nothing. Messingham is severely missed on this team.

Libertine
April 24th, 2021, 03:06 PM
I think saying they've quit is a little harsh is to say about college kids but their body language definitely says they're just going through the motions right now. That big run just now should have given them a little juice and there's just....nothing.

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 03:08 PM
Watson is an absolute Sunday player.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Hell of a good drive by NDSU right now. Touchdown would be huge.

The offense with a huge TD run by Miller.

Good to see the heart on that drive.

Dewey

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Watson is an absolute Sunday player.

Agreed. Just need to get him the ball more.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Now they need a stop. Get EWU out a rhythm and control the clock.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:13 PM
Now they need a stop. Get EWU out a rhythm and control the clock.

Yep. NDSU needs to get a stop.

Dewey

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:17 PM
What a freaking stupid challenge. Obviously threw the ball 1 yard in front of the QB.

Dumb.

Dewey

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 03:22 PM
NDSU just doesn’t have the offense to keep up with EWU scoring at this pace. They have to get off the field.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:25 PM
NDSU just doesn’t have the offense to keep up with EWU scoring at this pace. They have to get off the field.

Agreed but it doesn't look like NDSU has the defense to get off the field.

Just can't get any pressure on EB.

Dewey

Schism55
April 24th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Bison D line is not good enough this spring.. tackling effort by entire D is embarrassing

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:32 PM
The offense if giving great effort. Bussey is quick.

Come on Bison!

Dewey

caribbeanhen
April 24th, 2021, 03:33 PM

nope

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:34 PM
The Bison are now smashing them up front. Come on D get a stop.

Beautiful drive!

Need to get the defense to make a stop.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
April 24th, 2021, 03:34 PM
I think saying they've quit is a little harsh is to say about college kids but their body language definitely says they're just going through the motions right now. That big run just now should have given them a little juice and there's just....nothing.

They play hard every week, just looks like they cant tackle when the talent level is raised

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Ugh! Kickoff out of bounds.

Need a God dang stop.

Dewey

Bearkat04
April 24th, 2021, 03:39 PM
Cmon Bison!! Want to see y’all in Huntsville next weekend

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Leave the WR wide open downfield on 3rd and long?

UGH! WTF!

Dewey

Libertine
April 24th, 2021, 03:42 PM
Leave the WR wide open downfield on 3rd and long?

UGH! WTF!

Dewey

That was brutal. They should have been getting off the field on that one.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:43 PM
That was brutal.

I was losing my mind on that one.

Come on D! Get off the freaking field.

Dewey

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:46 PM
HELL YEAH! HUGE SACK BY PIERCE!

**** Yeah!

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
April 24th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Is it possible we take the lead before halftime and get the ball to start the 2nd?

Libertine
April 24th, 2021, 03:49 PM
Wow, the Bison woke up.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:49 PM
Hell yeah! Dom Gonella!

Come on Bison!

Dewey

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Huge series here. Get a TD now. Start the 2nd half with the ball and score a TD again.

F'ing smash them up front.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Wow. What a turn of events for NDSU. Damn, this has been a tale of 2 quarters.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:52 PM
HELL YEAH! Perfect throw to the TE for the TD!

The Bison are NOT dead yet!

21-20 NDSU leads with 32 seconds to go 2nd quarter.

Dewey

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 03:55 PM
What a turnaround! Hoping for a Bison win. We have Beaten EWU a couple times. Have not bested the Bizzzun in well over a decade.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 03:55 PM
A kneel down by EWU ends the 1st half.

Halftime
NDSU 21
EWU 20

Huge 2nd quarter by NDSU. The Bison have all of the momentum right now.

NDSU with 2 straight stops of the Eagles.

Dewey

Bearkat04
April 24th, 2021, 04:14 PM
What a turnaround! Hoping for a Bison win. We have Beaten EWU a couple times. Have not bested the Bizzzun in well over a decade.

We have some demons to exorcise. To be the best gotta beat the best.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 04:15 PM
I hope we see SHSU next week but this game is FAR from over.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
April 24th, 2021, 04:18 PM
HELL YEAH! HUGE SACK BY PIERCE!

**** Yeah!

Dewey

incredibly athletic play by the QB

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Why run outside on 3rd and short? Stupid call on 3rd down.

2TE's, fullback = SMASH them!

Freaking stupid call!

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 04:22 PM
I hope we see SHSU next week but this game is FAR from over.

Dewey

Either of these teams will beat the brakes off SHSU.

Schism55
April 24th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Sigh awful play calling....

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 04:23 PM
That 3rd down play was awful. Dom and Hunter have been gashing them. You run the ****ing ball on 3rd and 2. Not get cute.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 04:24 PM
HELL YEAH! INTERCEPTION BISON!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 04:25 PM
What a play. Just fell into his lap.

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 04:25 PM
Either of these teams will beat the brakes off SHSU.
Saved

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Saved
Yeah, because you'll definitely be here to eat your crow when this proves true.

Drblankstare
April 24th, 2021, 04:26 PM
If NDSU throws more than 3 passes the rest of this game the offensive coordinators should be jailed

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 04:27 PM
I'm getting flashbacks of Polasek banging on the glass and keep calling power A football. They know it's coming and they know they can't stop it.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 04:27 PM
The NDSU run game is absolutely freaking smashing EWU right now.

28-20 NDSU 929 to go 3rd quarter.

Dewey

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 04:28 PM
Yeah, because you'll definitely be here to eat your crow when this proves true.
Totally different team this year, also different when not in the confines of that dome.

caribbeanhen
April 24th, 2021, 04:28 PM
OK it’s official

The Behemoth has ticks fleas mange and lice

But I didn't say they were dead .... E Washington playing ole defense, they have no prayer of stopping Bison power game

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 04:29 PM
I don't know why EWU being bad at stopping the run is surprising to anyone.

EWU playing bad run defense is about as guaranteed as death, taxes, and Jax State having more penalties than any team they ever play.

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 04:33 PM
Bison D has come alive and looking like the D of old.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 04:34 PM
The defense is playing really hard now! Love the effort.

4 straight stops by the Bison!

Dewey

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 04:39 PM
Gonna be a quick 2nd half running the ball like this.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Dam the offensive line & TE's are absolutely murdering the EWU D.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 04:44 PM
That's my kind of formation. Power football and make them earn it.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 04:45 PM
HELL FREAKING MOTHER F'ING YEAH!

Power running game is back!

NDSU 1st down at the 1. Should be easy replay change.

Mash them again.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
Don't let Luepke be injured at all.

dewey
That's my kind of formation. Power football and make them earn it.

You freaking right! 2 TE's block down and kick out.

A a Bearkat fan said NDSU is blasting EWU off the line.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 04:46 PM
You freaking right! 2 TE's block down and kick out.

DeweyThat's the bread and butter of this team and it took them 9 games to get back to it. I dont count GFCC since I'm only talking about D1 football games. You should be able to run all over D2 teams.

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 04:47 PM
About to get ugly for EWU. Another victim of the NDSU playoff boat race.... 😞

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 04:49 PM
EWUs coach looks like budget Chip Kelly

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 04:49 PM
About to get ugly for EWU. Another victim of the NDSU playoff boat race.... 😞

I hope you are right.

MORE POWER RUN GAME!

Another stop by that Bison defense. 5 straight stops for NDSU!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 04:50 PM
Man had Barriere waited a second more, they score a TD. No one covered the wheel route.

TheKingpin28
EWUs coach looks like budget Chip KellyThis one got me good.

Bison56
EWUs coach looks like budget Chip Kelly

Lmao

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2021, 04:54 PM
nope
This is why I have a personal rule not to post on message boards during the game.

Doh.... just broke it again.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 04:56 PM
NDSU now with 16 straight runs.

Dewey

Lorne_Malvo
April 24th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Goodbye 25 you pos.

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 05:01 PM
#25 should be ejected. Threw him right into the concrete wall and bench.

dewey
April 24th, 2021, 05:04 PM
Can anyone else see Tim Polasek smiling watching this mashing up front?

Did #25 transfer in from UNI? Reminds me of UNI in 2009.

Dewey

Lorne_Malvo
April 24th, 2021, 05:06 PM
Should have gone for 2 as a FYou.

ysubigred
April 24th, 2021, 05:14 PM
How about them golden Buffalo's! They remind me of YSU of the glory years.. limp into the playoffs just to turn it up a notch [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
April 24th, 2021, 05:25 PM
I shouldn’t be surprised considering what NDSU has done in the playoffs in years past, but I am stunned by the dominance of this game. I really didn’t see this coming. I’m guessing I’m not alone

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 05:26 PM

Bump.

BNATION
April 24th, 2021, 05:26 PM
Who is making the trip to Huntsvegas?

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 05:30 PM
I'll eat crow, I an surprised they won. Hell of a victory though

Drblankstare
April 24th, 2021, 05:32 PM
I'll eat crow, I an surprised they won. Hell of a victory though

I’m right there with you, just didn’t see it

ysubigred
April 24th, 2021, 05:38 PM
I'm surprised it was so close..

Christiank22
April 24th, 2021, 05:38 PM
Bump.

I didn’t see it before but after watching today I think you may be right.. this NDSU team lacks consistency so I’m concerned but if they can keep playing like the second half of today they might just make it to frisco in Jan... umm May?? Lol

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 05:39 PM
I’m right there with you, just didn’t see itI would have been glad to bet money if I did, but I'm shocked. The first 20ish minutes were abysmal and then the next 40 were just a power run slugfest. Play like they did in the last 40, and this team is hard to stop. Play like they did the first 20, and SHSU will have their way.

Drblankstare
April 24th, 2021, 05:47 PM
I would have been glad to bet money if I did, but I'm shocked. The first 20ish minutes were abysmal and then the next 40 were just a power run slugfest. Play like they did in the last 40, and this team is hard to stop. Play like they did the first 20, and SHSU will have their way.

Im just assuming that Sam will be better upfront on D than EWU was. Their offense is probably better or equal to EWU also. Should be a fun game

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 05:49 PM
Im just assuming that Sam will be better upfront on D than EWU was. Their offense is probably better or equal to EWU also. Should be a fun gameI just want consistency. Should be a good game.

ysubigred
April 24th, 2021, 05:55 PM
I just want consistency. Should be a good game.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkNDSU plays discipline you all have the horses up front to take out Sammies finesse game.

AmsterBison
April 24th, 2021, 05:57 PM
NDSU's OC is a genius - ran the ball 25-straight times and then ran play action for a TD.... that's how you set up a big play!

Schism55
April 24th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Say hello to the new Boss, same as the old MOTHER****IN Boss!!

POD Knows
April 24th, 2021, 06:52 PM
I'm surprised it was so close..

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkYou remember when I used to stand in the SE corner of the dome to insure victory, now it is cooking chicken on the NDSU Woodmaster grill in the morning and then going and looking at lake properties during the games, I did this at both the UND and EWU games, I listened to the games on 1660. It is literally the key to victory. I am convinced of it. I am locked in now, no stopping NDSU. Need to work on the morning menu for next weekend.

POD Knows
April 24th, 2021, 06:55 PM
NDSU's OC is a genius - ran the ball 25-straight times and then ran play action for a TD.... that's how you set up a big play!It was beautiful, Listened to it on the radio, I was almost weeping in joy, thought I was going to drive in the ditch because of the euphoria. Got an old buddy of mine that is a Ohio State grad and a newly minted NDSU fan, he sent me text, he goes, "did they just run the ball 24 times in row", I said **** yea. He loves that kind of football, the guy is in his 70's, he likes the Bison because of the old school play.

semobison
April 24th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Wasn’t all that surprised. EWU’s defense is not the same caliber physically as SDSU or UNI.

Valley teams are not always offensive jaugernaut’s but they will smack you in the face!

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 07:47 PM
You remember when I used to stand in the SE corner of the dome to insure victory, now it is cooking chicken on the NDSU Woodmaster grill in the morning and then going and looking at lake properties during the games, I did this at both the UND and EWU games, I listened to the games on 1660. It is literally the key to victory. I am convinced of it. I am locked in now, no stopping NDSU. Need to work on the morning menu for next weekend.Was this meant for me? If so, those SE Corner pacing days were the best.

Bisonoline
April 24th, 2021, 09:29 PM
NDSU's OC is a genius - ran the ball 25-straight times and then ran play action for a TD.... that's how you set up a big play!

He finally remembered back in his playing days that when the horses are running you let them run.

caribbeanhen
April 25th, 2021, 07:29 PM
But I didn't say they were dead .... E Washington playing ole defense, they have no prayer of stopping Bison power game

You could see and hear it coming from miles away, like ear down on the old rail road tracks...... Eastern Washington totally overmatched once that locomotive got rolling down hill

Professor Chaos
April 25th, 2021, 08:58 PM
This is just beautiful to watch:

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1386465446459756544

Schism55
April 25th, 2021, 10:30 PM
This is just beautiful to watch:

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1386465446459756544

Wow, put that in the Guggenheim!