PDA

View Full Version : Rock Music at the Tailgates

Bearkatpresident
July 28th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Huntsville has a great music scene and it's growing pretty quickly. One of our local bands, The Last Great Assault, is on the Warped Tour here in Texas and we also get alot of visiting bands from the Houston and Dallas/Ft.Worth area.

So, a few bands have expressed interest in playing during the tailgates. I personally think this would be a fantastic idea and would help boost the game day atmosphere. I was just wondering if any other FCS schools had something like this??

patssle
July 28th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I was hoping to do something with a band (music video + videoboard + live music) with this football season that no other school does (to my knowledge) but unfortently it fell through. I'd say more, but I want to do it next year so we'll see!

SuperJon
July 28th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I pushed this at LU last year and they didn't do it. Have the band set up in one place, off to the side of the main tailgating area, close enough for the tailgaters to hear but far enough to not interfere with them. The thing is, you have to convince the band that it's about creating a party atmosphere and not about creating a rock show atmosphere.

McTailGator
July 31st, 2007, 09:47 AM
Huntsville has a great music scene and it's growing pretty quickly. One of our local bands, The Last Great Assault, is on the Warped Tour here in Texas and we also get alot of visiting bands from the Houston and Dallas/Ft.Worth area.

So, a few bands have expressed interest in playing during the tailgates. I personally think this would be a fantastic idea and would help boost the game day atmosphere. I was just wondering if any other FCS schools had something like this??

Local bands have been playing at McNeese Tailgates for years. We typically have a band on Friday night in the tailgate area somewhere. And then there is always one or two in different spots on Saturday.

Here is a shot of the "BACK YARD COWBOY's"

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.com/images/ysu04fbandgroup2.jpg

andy7171
July 31st, 2007, 10:16 AM
Towson has a couple bands before during and after the Homecoming game and other select games in one of the the student parking lots just outside the stadium.

slycat
July 31st, 2007, 10:25 AM
Texas St has had bands play at playgates. Country and rock bands to my knowledge.

Grizaholic17
July 31st, 2007, 11:32 AM
The Grizzlies have radio stations set up huge speakers around the tailgating area and play music. I bet live music would be great. But all I need is the real gameday band...the Marching band.