View Full Version : FCS Coach of the Year Nomination

Baron Sardonicus
April 16th, 2021, 10:31 AM
Scott Abell of Davidson.

His Wildcats are in the playoffs in his third season. Prior to this spring, no PFL team had won fewer league games than Davidson over a ten-year period. Not Valparaiso. Not Marist. This has been an amazing turnaround.

FUBeAR
April 16th, 2021, 10:45 AM
Scott Abell of Davidson.

His Wildcats are in the playoffs in his third season. Prior to this spring, no PFL team had won fewer league games than Davidson over a ten-year period. Not Valparaiso. Not Marist. This has been an amazing turnaround.Could certainly support that. He really has done an amazing job there..

Would also nominate from the SoCon...

Scott Wachenheim from VMI
Drew Cronic from Mercer

...whichever Team ends up winning the SoCon on Sat., that’s the 1 FUBeAR would go with

...but, really...if this is like Time Magazine’s “Person of the Year” award...don’t we have to go with Deion Sanders?

Professor Chaos
April 16th, 2021, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty sure Bobby Petrino from Missouri St will win MVFC coach of the year with the Bears winning their first conference title in 30 years in his first season as head coach. Bubba Schweigert from UND also in consideration I'd guess.

FUBeAR
April 16th, 2021, 10:53 AM
I'm pretty sure Bobby Petrino from Missouri St will win MVFC coach of the year with the Bears winning their first conference title in 30 years in his first season as head coach. Bubba Schweigert from UND also in consideration I'd guess.
If it was anyone other than Bobby Petrino, FUBeAR could support that...

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/poststar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/5b/b5badc12-9bb6-52cc-8460-f308efa6fc13/b5badc12-9bb6-52cc-8460-f308efa6fc13.image.jpg

We Falcons Fans won’t forget 28-3 and we will NEVER FORGET this...

TheKingpin28
April 16th, 2021, 11:01 AM
If they win the SoCon, I'd choose Scott Wachenheim from VMI. How long have they been a doormat/punching bag and to have them 1 game from the AQ is incredible.

Records:

2020: 5-1* (Could go 6-1 with a win over El Cid)
2019: 5-7
2018: 1-10
2017: 0-11
2016: 3-8
2015: 2-9

With how funky this season is, VMI, Mercer, Davidson, Missery St, etc... could all claim they deserve it.

Laker
April 16th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Scott Abell of Davidson.

His Wildcats are in the playoffs in his third season. Prior to this spring, no PFL team had won fewer league games than Davidson over a ten-year period. Not Valparaiso. Not Marist. This has been an amazing turnaround.

First time ever in the playoffs, right?

Preferred Walk-On
April 16th, 2021, 11:53 AM

Shouldn't it be Nick Hill (SIU)? After all, they beat the Bison...and they played. I think he might be on the bubble for this one - yes, sarcasm.

Baron Sardonicus
April 16th, 2021, 12:41 PM
First time ever in the playoffs, right?

Yes. Before the modern division system and playoffs, they were in one of the regional College Division bowls.

POD Knows
April 16th, 2021, 06:31 PM
I'm pretty sure Bobby Petrino from Missouri St will win MVFC coach of the year with the Bears winning their first conference title in 30 years in his first season as head coach. Bubba Schweigert from UND also in consideration I'd guess.Yea, this shows how thin the bench is.

Ivytalk
April 17th, 2021, 05:02 PM
Rocco, Rocco, nothing but the Rocco, so help me Rocco

FUBeAR
April 17th, 2021, 05:16 PM
Scott Wachenheim from VMI should be the unanimous winner of the FCS National Coach of the Year / Eddie Robinson Award winner.

He took a Team that hasn’t had a winning season in 40 years, lost their Star Player halfway thru, and captured the SoCon Championship with 1 only small stumble. I will not be surprised to see these Keydets make a little noise in the Playoffs also.

skinny_uncle
April 17th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Shouldn't it be Nick Hill (SIU)? After all, they beat the Bison...and they played. I think he might be on the bubble for this one - yes, sarcasm.
Tough schedule for SIU this year. Youngstown was the only team who was unranked when they played SIU.

Daytripper
April 17th, 2021, 06:05 PM
Keeler?

Serpentor
April 17th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Total homer pick here, but KC Keeler.

sinksdweller05
April 17th, 2021, 06:33 PM
Scott Wachenheim from VMI should be the unanimous winner of the FCS National Coach of the Year / Eddie Robinson Award winner.

He took a Team that hasn’t had a winning season in 40 years, lost their Star Player halfway thru, and captured the SoCon Championship with 1 only small stumble. I will not be surprised to see these Keydets make a little noise in the Playoffs also.

This is the correct take. It’s not close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytripper
April 17th, 2021, 06:34 PM

I won't argue with this.

kdinva
April 17th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Keeler?

while Keeler will get votes, Sam Houston is expected to be a top-15 team EVERY year.....

grayghost06
April 17th, 2021, 09:38 PM
VMI coach gets my vote. Incredible job he did this year.

Daytripper
April 17th, 2021, 10:09 PM
while Keeler will get votes, Sam Houston is expected to be a top-15 team EVERY year.....

They have pretty much sucked the last two years. He pulled it all back together. But, I think your guy is the undisputed leader in the clubhouse for coach of the year.

GoBlueHens83
April 17th, 2021, 10:18 PM
Wachenheim gets my vote as well. He has really turned VMI around this season.

paward
April 17th, 2021, 10:34 PM
VMI coach gets my vote. Incredible job he did this year.
First time ever agreeing with a JMU fan.

caribbeanhen
April 18th, 2021, 08:09 AM
They have pretty much sucked the last two years. He pulled it all back together. But, I think your guy is the undisputed leader in the clubhouse for coach of the year.

KC has a track record like that, In 2007 made it to the championship game, horrible in 2008 and 2009 was the regroup. 2010 back to Championship game

Professor
April 18th, 2021, 07:22 PM
I agree. Should be the VMI coach and not close