PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina fans to ASU

SoCon48
August 24th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Any expectations of Coastal Carolina bringing a large following to the ASU-Coastal Carolina game in Boone are failing to materialize as of yet. As the first home game of the season, it should have a good crowd, but thus far it looks as if Coastal won't have a large contingent there.

The Coastal game in Boone is early, September 17, and has sold 240 tickets.

WCU has already bought all of Section 9's seats. That game is not until November 12!

GSU has also sold out Section 9 also for their October 15 game in Boone.

Perhaps Coastal is relying on the purchase of walk-up tickets to finish out a decent Chanticleer following.

ChiefGSU275
August 24th, 2005, 05:11 PM

Will there still be tickets available for walk-ups for the GSU game? I remember in 2001 we bought our tickets the week of the game, and got in no problem, but I didnt know if seating had changed at ole Kiddy B. I am still not sure if i will be able to make the trip, but you know I will try!

rokamortis
August 24th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Any expectations of Coastal Carolina bringing a large following to the ASU-Coastal Carolina game in Boone are failing to materialize as of yet. As the first home game of the season, it should have a good crowd, but thus far it looks as if Coastal won't have a large contingent there.

The Coastal game in Boone is early, September 17, and has sold 240 tickets.

WCU has already bought all of Section 9's seats. That game is not until November 12!

Perhaps Coastal is relying on the purchase of walk-up tickets to finish out a decent Chanticleer following.

I think it is just that a lot of us at the beach are laid back, dude. Actually - this has all sort of creeped up on me. I usually buy my tickets the week of teh game, but I may buy them earlier. I was kind of waiting for the Elon game to pass before worrying about ASU.

You also can't really compare CCU with GSU or WCU.

WCU is a lot closer and you guys have a good rivalry. GSU, you guys just ahve a great rivalry and the GSU fans seem to travel well regardless.

The other question that begs to be asked - why have you only sold 240 tickets to your home opener? or is that only the CCU section? Does that also include the comps?

Saint3333
August 24th, 2005, 06:00 PM
They'll sell tickets as long as there's paper left in Boone. I remember there being 24000+ for Homecoming at an 18000 seat stadium.

ASU does have a new site up to purchase tickets check it out: https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/team.asp?SponsorID=361.

rokamortis
August 24th, 2005, 07:02 PM
What section do the visitors usually sit in?

The Gadfly
August 24th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I don't know about the ASU game but I do know that for the Elon game there is one CCU club that is taking about 2 or 3 bus loads of students. I don't know how much or how good that is but it ain't bad :) . So hold tight LB, we'll be there ;) .

tarmac
August 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM
"The other question that begs to be asked - why have you only sold 240 tickets to your home opener? or is that only the CCU section? Does that also include the comps?"

That is just for section 9. Section 8 and 9 are the visitor sections. Each sections seats 993.

GSU and WCU have sold out section 9. Gsu has sold 1056 and WCU has sold 1060 going by the sections.

If you want to see how many seats have been sold total so far go to the website and see for yourself.

rokamortis
August 24th, 2005, 08:04 PM
"The other question that begs to be asked - why have you only sold 240 tickets to your home opener? or is that only the CCU section? Does that also include the comps?"

That is just for section 9. Section 8 and 9 are the visitor sections. Each sections seats 993.

GSU and WCU have sold out section 9. Gsu has sold 1056 and WCU has sold 1060 going by the sections.

If you want to see how many seats have been sold total so far go to the website and see for yourself.

How's Chat doing?

tarmac
August 24th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Chatt. 230

rokamortis
August 24th, 2005, 09:04 PM
yeah - it was a rhetorical question.

Just kinda taking a shot back at the original poster. Even chat hasn't sold many seats ... don't worry - we'll be there ;)

EagleCrusade
August 25th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Will there still be tickets available for walk-ups for the GSU game? I remember in 2001 we bought our tickets the week of the game, and got in no problem, but I didnt know if seating had changed at ole Kiddy B. I am still not sure if i will be able to make the trip, but you know I will try!

There are plenty of ASU tickets available by calling 1-800-GSU-WINS

I-AA2005's info is misleading.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 08:49 AM
I think it is just that a lot of us at the beach are laid back, dude. Actually - this has all sort of creeped up on me. I usually buy my tickets the week of teh game, but I may buy them earlier. I was kind of waiting for the Elon game to pass before worrying about ASU.

You also can't really compare CCU with GSU or WCU.

WCU is a lot closer and you guys have a good rivalry. GSU, you guys just ahve a great rivalry and the GSU fans seem to travel well regardless.

The other question that begs to be asked - why have you only sold 240 tickets to your home opener? or is that only the CCU section? Does that also include the comps?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, that's ONLY the tickets designated in the CCU section.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 08:52 AM
There are plenty of ASU tickets available by calling 1-800-GSU-WINS

I-AA2005's info is misleading.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Exactly what info is misleading?????? I only showed the advance tickets sold to GSU, WCU, and CCU thus far...for the one of the seven sections on the visitor's side. Nowhere was there any implication that the ENTIRE EAST SIDE(visitor's side) was sold out!
Straight from the seating chart on the website as of Wednesday morning.

WUTNDITWAA
August 25th, 2005, 09:20 AM
I'd bet these numbers are the tickets requested by the respective visitor's ticket offices. Those seast probably haven't been sold yet. Chatty's and Coastal's TO probably requested 250 seats to sell at their office. GSU's and WCU's respective office probably requested somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000. I'd guess that a good majority of those seats are just being held, not already sold.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 09:23 AM
yeah - it was a rhetorical question.

Just kinda taking a shot back at the original poster. Even chat hasn't sold many seats ... don't worry - we'll be there ;)
__________________________________________________ ________

A shot? More like a mis-fire. Chatt is about the same distance as Conway but the game is not until Oct 29. CCU vs ASU is only 23 days from now.
Plus the Mocs haven't traveled great during their recent losing seasons. But still, they have a couple months to supass CCU by selling another 50 or 60 tickets. :D

Chatt 270 miles Oct 29
Conway 267 Sept 17
GSU 337 Oct 15
WCU 151 Nov 12

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 09:26 AM

Of course there will be seats. Sect 9 is just the first section on that side that is offered first to the visiting opponents.
Point was, you guys have already filled a section with almost 2 months to go.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I'd bet these numbers are the tickets requested by the respective visitor's ticket offices. Those seast probably haven't been sold yet. Chatty's and Coastal's TO probably requested 250 seats to sell at their office. GSU's and WCU's respective office probably requested somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000. I'd guess that a good majority of those seats are just being held, not already sold.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Those are the actual seats SOLD. Updated by the minute (83 seconds to be exact) on the new link to the new ticket agency. You can even see exactly the individual seat in each section go as they sell.

Sure there may still be MORE tickets held that haven't been sold as of yet. But we know the ones shown on the site are already SOLD.

Eagle_77
August 25th, 2005, 10:14 AM
I have to agree it did sound a little mis-leading. I dont think it was on purpose but it did sound like the GSU tickets were sold out. But no harm done we have it all staight now.

rokamortis
August 25th, 2005, 10:22 AM
__________________________________________________ ________

A shot? More like a mis-fire. Chatt is about the same distance as Conway but the game is not until Oct 29. CCU vs ASU is only 23 days from now.
Plus the Mocs haven't traveled great during their recent losing seasons. But still, they have a couple months to supass CCU by selling another 50 or 60 tickets. :D

Chatt 270 miles Oct 29
Conway 267 Sept 17
GSU 337 Oct 15
WCU 151 Nov 12

My point is you specifically left out your own conference mate Chattanooga. Sure our game is first, but I think most of us are in no big rush to buy our tickets as we wait to make sure our travel plans will allow it.

And - as it was said - you are counting the GSU and WCU allotments as being sold when they more than likely haven't been sold but are spoken for by those schools.

Like I said - don't worry, we'll be there.

rokamortis
August 25th, 2005, 10:24 AM

Those are the actual seats SOLD. Updated by the minute (83 seconds to be exact) on the new link to the new ticket agency. You can even see exactly the individual seat in each section go as they sell.

Sure there may still be MORE tickets held that haven't been sold as of yet. But we know the ones shown on the site are already SOLD.

No - those are the seats that can't be sold. They may not have actual ticket holders but they are spoken for by the other shool. A bit of a difference.

Eagle_77
August 25th, 2005, 10:38 AM
My point is you specifically left out your own conference mate Chattanooga. Sure our game is first, but I think most of us are in no big rush to buy our tickets as we wait to make sure our travel plans will allow it.

And - as it was said - you are counting the GSU and WCU allotments as being sold when they more than likely haven't been sold but are spoken for by those schools.

Like I said - don't worry, we'll be there.

A couple of weeks away and your are not sure if your travel plans are going to are going to allow you to go?

I think the point of not putting Chatty in his post was because the are a team that is at the bottom of leauge. You guys are the defending Big South Champs and are an up and comming program and you are getting a chance to play one of the top programs in a league that your school has a desire to move to. I thought he was trying to give you guys the credit of being this and didnt understand why you guys would be acting like a 2-9 Chattanooga type program and not buying tickets. Do you really think you guys will travel enough fans to fill the visitors side at App St?

Black and Gold Express
August 25th, 2005, 10:50 AM
A couple of weeks away and your are not sure if your travel plans are going to are going to allow you to go?

I think the point of not putting Chatty in his post was because the are a team that is at the bottom of leauge. You guys are the defending Big South Champs and are an up and comming program and you are getting a chance to play one of the top programs in a league that your school has a desire to move to. I thought he was trying to give you guys the credit of being this and didnt understand why you guys would be acting like a 2-9 Chattanooga type program and not buying tickets. Do you really think you guys will travel enough fans to fill the visitors side at App St?

It's a rarity that the East side stands are filled. GSU/Furman and Homecoming are the usually the two times a year they get filled.

I don't know how CCU travels historically, but my guess is that, with only 4 home games this season, they will find themselves sitting amongst quite a bit of black and gold if they don't get seats soon. "three buses" to Elon equates to me about 300-500 people, if that's the standard to expect.

Seats will be available for sure - I don't see this as a sellout. The fact that it's the home opener will probably bring out more ASU people to see the game than it might otherwise. My hope is that we end up in the 12-14k range for this one.

If there's one good thing about this tiny 4-game home schedule, we ought to draw really good for all four games. If we play really well in the season up to that point, that GSU game could vie for an all-time high attendance.

rokamortis
August 25th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Do you really think you guys will travel enough fans to fill the visitors side at App St?

Unfortunately many of us have to deal with real life - football is nice and all but sometimes we all can't afford the time or money to go to an away game. As people have jobs and families they do have to deal with real life issues.

I do plan on going - but I'm not certain who all is going and how many tickets I need to purchase for my group. But also - I usually don't rush if I don't have to. I figured a week or two out is plenty of time.

The 2-3 buses mentioned earlier are solely students - not the parents and other fans that will go. I think we had 400-500 fans at GWU, so we should be able to have more than that at App State. Don't know if that will translate in section 8 and 9 sellouts or not, so we'll see.

tarmac
August 25th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Up to 242 now!

Eagle_77
August 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Unfortunately many of us have to deal with real life - football is nice and all but sometimes we all can't afford the time or money to go to an away game. As people have jobs and families they do have to deal with real life issues.

I do plan on going - but I'm not certain who all is going and how many tickets I need to purchase for my group. But also - I usually don't rush if I don't have to. I figured a week or two out is plenty of time.

The 2-3 buses mentioned earlier are solely students - not the parents and other fans that will go. I think we had 400-500 fans at GWU, so we should be able to have more than that at App State. Don't know if that will translate in section 8 and 9 sellouts or not, so we'll see.

Well I guess I just havent been dealing with real life. Because in my world I know what games I can make it to and which I can not and prepare that way. My budget will not let me go to the NE game in Boston so I look for a place to watch the game. Hell its usually not a suprise when I am and am not able to go to a game. I looked at that along time ago. My point is that in all adults lives most should have a pretty good idea if they are planning on going to something or not. I have plans to go to all the home games and a few of the away. Something may come up and when it does I will sell my tickets or what not but its really not that hard. Especially if you only dealing with a two week time period.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 02:44 PM

__________________________________________________ _______________

Exactly, Eagle 77. I'm looking at Coastal as a potential SoCon member as their admin has made it clear that is their plan. We already have weak draws in Wofford and Chatty. What the conference needs is another GSU, W Carolina, Marshall, or at the very least an ETSU..in terms of fan draw. Not another VMI. (of course Chatt used to bring good crowds when they were having good winning seasons)

Once CCU joins the conference---If ASU, GSU, WCU et. al. all go to CCU and fill the place "slap up", that benefits monetarily only CCU. If we are depending only on our own fans, we can sell a "decent" amount of tickets playing Johnson-C Smith, Mars Hill, Morehead or Podunk U.
Either the visiting team has to bring their share of visiting fans or provide at least a modicum of fan appeal.

It's opening home game, so I have no doubt it will draw 16K-18K minimum, but it just might be the lowest attendance of our mere 4 home games.

As to the Chattanooga game, hopefully we won't have many Chatt fans because we'll need those seats for our own homecoming fans.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 02:50 PM

Hey, Rok, I'm not dissing CCU at all. It's just that if you guys are looking to join the SoCon, we need a member who will HELP pack all the SoCon road games. We already have a Wofford.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 03:04 PM
No - those are the seats that can't be sold. They may not have actual ticket holders but they are spoken for by the other shool. A bit of a difference.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I just talked with the ASU ticket office. :bang: :bang: : The real-time chart I referred to shows actually seats AS THEY are being purchased..not "held" ones nor "spoken for" seats.
I repeat!
They are SOLD seats!! Paid for seats!!!

If you don't believe it. Go on line, click on the EXACT seat(s) or two you want, purchase within 83 seconds and you will see it marked immediately afterward.

It doesn't really matter to US since it's not going to sell out anyway (unless we beat Kansas and EKU the weeks before :D ). ..and it IS an OOC game.
My fear is that CCU will join the conf and draw with similar numbers.

Please prove us wrong either by:
1. Not joining
or
2. Bringing us hordes of CCU fans.

rokamortis
August 25th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Well I guess I just havent been dealing with real life. Because in my world I know what games I can make it to and which I can not and prepare that way. My budget will not let me go to the NE game in Boston so I look for a place to watch the game. Hell its usually not a suprise when I am and am not able to go to a game. I looked at that along time ago. My point is that in all adults lives most should have a pretty good idea if they are planning on going to something or not. I have plans to go to all the home games and a few of the away. Something may come up and when it does I will sell my tickets or what not but its really not that hard. Especially if you only dealing with a two week time period.

My point is that we still have 2 games before this, over 3 weeks. Many people are planning to go - but I'm sure they are like me and are waiting before they pull the trigger. I have been planning to go since the schedule was released - but I like to wait for a couple weeks out before I commit by ourchasing tickets.

rokamortis
August 25th, 2005, 03:22 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I just talked with the ASU ticket office. :bang: :bang: : The real-time chart I referred to shows actually seats AS THEY are being purchased..not "held" ones nor "spoken for" seats.
I repeat!
They are SOLD seats!! Paid for seats!!!

If you don't believe it. Go on line, click on the EXACT seat(s) or two you want, purchase within 83 seconds and you will see it marked immediately afterward.

It doesn't really matter to US since it's not going to sell out anyway (unless we beat Kansas and EKU the weeks before :D ). ..and it IS an OOC game.
My fear is that CCU will join the conf and draw with similar numbers.

Please prove us wrong either by:
1. Not joining
or
2. Bringing us hordes of CCU fans.

It is interesting that these seats are all sold in nice neat blocks. Did you ask your ticket office if these seats were 'sold' to GSU or individual ticket holders? I think you'll find that they are taken by the school to sell to their fans. They technically are sold - but aren't in ticket holder's hands.

As I said before - I think Coastal will bring a decent crowd, will we sell out the 2 sections? I would like to hope but I doubt it. I have talked to a bunch of folks that are excited about the game and are planning to go. If we don't draw well then I'll eat crow and publicly apologize.

Your comments about this being a test if we belong in the SoCon or not - I don't really care if we get into it now or not.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 03:50 PM
It is interesting that these seats are all sold in nice neat blocks. Did you ask your ticket office if these seats were 'sold' to GSU or individual ticket holders? I think you'll find that they are taken by the school to sell to their fans. They technically are sold - but aren't in ticket holder's hands.

As I said before - I think Coastal will bring a decent crowd, will we sell out the 2 sections? I would like to hope but I doubt it. I have talked to a bunch of folks that are excited about the game and are planning to go. If we don't draw well then I'll eat crow and publicly apologize.

Your comments about this being a test if we belong in the SoCon or not - I don't really care if we get into it now or not.
__________________________________________________ __

Please re-read the post. You can watch EACH seat as it is sold. Not blocks, not held. SOLD!!! If you buy one, you will see it filled/removed within 83 seconds. If you buy 10, you will see 10 specific seats filled/removed in another 83 seconds. I can't make it any more clear.

I have no doubt there will be many more bought as walk-ups and more sold on the website as well as many more "spoken for but not paid for" by the CCU athletic office. Same with GSU, WCU and even Chatty in addition to what can VISUALLY SEE as paid for on the screen. Just can't figure why it is so slow with such a short time remaining before the CCU game. H*, if the game was in November, I'd be singing CCU's praise and appreciation for already selling a couple hundred tickets.

Baldy
August 25th, 2005, 03:59 PM
1,000K sold already, and that doesn't count GSU's allotment? If that is the case, we could have 2,500 to 3,000 or more show up. That's pretty impressive, if you ask me.

rokamortis
August 25th, 2005, 04:03 PM
__________________________________________________ __

Please re-read the post. You can watch EACH seat as it is sold. Not blocks, not held. SOLD!!! If you buy one, you will see it filled/removed within 83 seconds. If you buy 10, you will see 10 specific seats filled/removed in another 83 seconds. I can't make it any more clear.

I have no doubt there will be many more bought as walk-ups and more sold on the website as well as many more "spoken for but not paid for" by the CCU athletic office. Same with GSU, WCU and even Chatty. Just can't figure why it is so slow with such a short time remaining before the CCU game.

I don't need to re-read. I am very knowledgeable of online systems.

Let me ask you one question - where are the seats that are given to GSU to sell to their students? How are they shown on the system? How does GSU and ASU make sure that they don't sell the same seat?

I am not arguing with the system. I am not saying that it doesn't do real time sales - but if the GSU and WCU ticket offices are selling their own tickets then they must be marked off on the system and not available for general sale. I'm sure that the original 240 seats for CCU weren't individual purchases but rather the comps agreed to by each school in the contract. I can't make myself more clear.

But in all seriousness - the argument is pointless. Let's see what happens at the game. I bet we'll sell 600-700 seats. Let's see if i'm right.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 04:05 PM
By the way, they ARE NOT being sold in nice neat blocks. Only when the entire section is sold is there a nice neat block. Then it goes to section 7, 10 or whatever is adjacent to the last section sold so as to stay near mid field when possible and going basically from the bottom upwards. Don't think many fans ar going to shoot for the 10 yard line right off the bat. Do you?

Of course, in the meantime, in other parts of the East side, App fans are beginning to purchase those seats.

rokamortis
August 25th, 2005, 04:07 PM
By the way, they ARE NOT being sold in nice neat blocks.

They aren't?

Looks like the Chatt and CCU tix were all in one block. Most people would prefer an aisle, even if it means sitting a row or two higher.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 04:12 PM
"But in all seriousness - the argument is pointless. Let's see what happens at the game. I bet we'll sell 600-700 seats. Let's see if i'm right"

600-700? Man, I should hope so. Then you'll only be outnumbered 16,000 to 600 IF it's a sell out. I can't remember in 30 years a visiting school bringing that few on game day.
I'm just trying to find a few folks who are going to the opening game vs Coastal Carolina in addition to their ALREADY saying they are going to Homecoming, GSU, WCU.

Like I said, I really don't give a crap, I just want to see a potential SoCon member who will show up in numbers to their away games.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 04:24 PM
They aren't?

Looks like the Chatt and CCU tix were all in one block. Most people would prefer an aisle, even if it means sitting a row or two higher.
__________________________________________________ _____

They are sold as you pick them yourself.
Can't see where you see a block on the CCU section.

At exactly 5:17 PM

Section 9 had FILLED rows A-G completely. That left row H with 11 seats sold, 22 empty. Rows J-V are completly EMPTY. Then there are 11 sold on the very top row..ROW W with 22 empty.

The only BLOCK you can possibly see are the filled rows. A-G aisle to aisle. as well as the block made up of empty seats Rows J-V.

rokamortis
August 25th, 2005, 04:37 PM
The only BLOCK you can possibly see are the filled rows. A-G aisle to aisle. as well as the block made up of empty seats Rows J-V.

My point exactly. all of the 'sold' seats in that visitors section are grouped together - all adjacent, don't you find that a bit odd? Same thing with Chatt. WCU and GSU just decided to get an entire section rather than 240 seats.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 04:53 PM
My point exactly. all of the 'sold' seats in that visitors section are grouped together - all adjacent, don't you find that a bit odd? Same thing with Chatt. WCU and GSU just decided to get an entire section rather than 240 seats.
__________________________________________________ ________________
A bit odd?? Heck no!!
CCU fans want to sit TOGETHER. And ASU wants to avoid any empty seats on a given row.
When a row is filled, it jumps to the first seat on the next row. That is why THERE WERE NO BLOCKS except the completely filled rows A, B, C, D, E, F, G and the completely empty rows J,H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V!

The blocks were broken by the empty seats at the very top (22 seats) and the empty seats on row H.
Unspecified phone orders simply start on the first empty seat on the closest row from the bottom.
Like I said several times. You can go online and pick your exact seat right in the middle of the whole chart if you want with 16 empty seats on your left and 16 empty seats on your right.
It would be extremely safe to assume that most orders are presently being filled by phone since the new ordering system has only been in place a couple weeks.
As for me, I picked my 2 seats right in the middle of a section about half way up on the 50 yard line on the HOME (WEST side). BY the website. No phone call.

WUTNDITWAA
August 25th, 2005, 05:07 PM
We see them as sold. Actually, we see them as not available through this site. I'd bet a Coastal fan could call up his ticket office right now and get one of those seats we see as "sold" (or not available).

In the end, as long as nobody is sitting in my five season seats, I don't mind who is sitting where.

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 05:27 PM
We see them as sold. Actually, we see them as not available through this site. I'd bet a Coastal fan could call up his ticket office right now and get one of those seats we see as "sold" (or not available).

In the end, as long as nobody is sitting in my five season seats, I don't mind who is sitting where.
But if you're talking about getting ASU's ticket office to sell one marked as sold then:
Nope. The ones you SEE are actually sold. Only way would be through the "donor" option on the goasu.com site for those who aren't going to use a ticket (mostly from a season ticket package), or somehow find out who bought a seat and buy directly from him, buy from a scalper in the parking lot, buy off eBay (low demand), from a student not using their free/reduced ticket, find some crook in the ticket office who will stick someone else's ticket in an envelope to you and say "it was lost in the mail" to the REAL buyer, i.e BRIBE them. I'm sure there are some preposterous other methods not thought of.

I know of two SOLD tickets you can't buy from the ticket office as they arrived in my mailbox on Saturday morning, 3 days after I clicked the buttonand typed in my Visa number.

Just in case I missed a way, I think there is a "trade" option somewhere on there. Otherwise, they aren't going to sell the same ticket twice.

We aren't as lucky as the Troy State donor who bought up thousands of season tickets so the Trojans could go I-A. Isn't he in the federal courts now about some un-related business dealing?

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 05:32 PM
To WUDN...Season Tickets?
Same here. Just so the seats are filled with paying buyers.

phyrbirdphan
August 25th, 2005, 06:51 PM
They'll sell tickets as long as there's paper left in Boone. I remember there being 24000+ for Homecoming at an 18000 seat stadium.

ASU does have a new site up to purchase tickets check it out: https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/team.asp?SponsorID=361.
didn't you have something to do with the count for the Million man march?

SoCon48
August 25th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Million Man March?
Nope that was a liberal Elon grad. A math major to be exact with a second major in Journalism.. He was the one who somehow came up with the million man figure for the few tens of thousand who were there, including the homeless winos wandering around. :D :D :D

tarmac
August 25th, 2005, 09:15 PM
"I am not arguing with the system. I am not saying that it doesn't do real time sales - but if the GSU and WCU ticket offices are selling their own tickets then they must be marked off on the system and not available for general sale. I'm sure that the original 240 seats for CCU weren't individual purchases but rather the comps agreed to by each school in the contract. I can't make myself more clear."

So going by your argument, CCU may not have even sold any tickets yet. Except for maybe the 2 that were added yesterday.

rokamortis
August 25th, 2005, 09:46 PM
So going by your argument, CCU may not have even sold any tickets yet. Except for maybe the 2 that were added yesterday.

yep. our ticket office does not sell tickets to the away games - they use them for comps, the band, ... etc. now - the one thing they are doing is giving away tickets to students who signup for a bus trip - this is new this year.

Like I said before - many people are planning to go - but they haven't actually bought their tickets yet. I just looked up the hotels in the area and many are sold out - so I'll try to light a fire under who I can to get them to jump. I do think we expect to be able to walk in and buy a ticket, now we could be wrong about that at ASU but I think that's what many people do.

WUTNDITWAA
August 25th, 2005, 10:01 PM
ASU has never turned anybody away as long as I can remember. There's always room for one more in the horseshoe. I can 99.9999989999891% gaurentee you will be able to walk up and purchase a ticket.

As for a hotel, you may be SOL big time.

SoCon48
August 26th, 2005, 04:33 AM
yep. our ticket office does not sell tickets to the away games - they use them for comps, the band, ... etc. now - the one thing they are doing is giving away tickets to students who signup for a bus trip - this is new this year.

Like I said before - many people are planning to go - but they haven't actually bought their tickets yet. I just looked up the hotels in the area and many are sold out - so I'll try to light a fire under who I can to get them to jump. I do think we expect to be able to walk in and buy a ticket, now we could be wrong about that at ASU but I think that's what many people do.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Of course CCU fans you WILL be able to buy walk up tickets, but then you may just find yourselves sitting in the midst of ASU fans rather than with your own CCU crowd.
As one App poster alluded, ASU has occasionally put over over 20,000 in the 16,500 seat stadium and 22-24K in it while it was 18K (pre Laneyized).

SoCon48
August 26th, 2005, 04:37 AM
ASU has never turned anybody away as long as I can remember. There's always room for one more in the horseshoe. I can 99.9999989999891% gaurentee you will be able to walk up and purchase a ticket.

As for a hotel, you may be SOL big time.

Hey, I like that. Let them sit in the horseshoe (euphemism for on the endzone grass) or better yet, even more neutralized in the ASU (West) section.
As to hotels, I imagine they will just ride the bus back to Waccamaw..er Conway or stay in Lenoir, Hickory, or the Wilkesboros. H*, I booked my room well over a month ago and still didn't get where I wanted.

Cincy App
August 26th, 2005, 05:35 AM

I travel to many of ASU's road games and rarely purchase tickets before Wednesday of game week. It just is not necessary to almost all I-AA venues and I'm sometimes not certain about the # of my traveling party. Thus, I'm not too alarmed about away ticket sales for ASU home games at this stage. Still, hope CCU brings a good crowd to Boone. As has been alluded to, arranging tickets late is no problem but hotel rooms around Boone is a different story!

rokamortis
August 26th, 2005, 06:40 AM
I travel to many of ASU's road games and rarely purchase tickets before Wednesday of game week. It just is not necessary to almost all I-AA venues and I'm sometimes not certain about the # of my traveling party. Thus, I'm not too alarmed about away ticket sales for ASU home games at this stage. Still, hope CCU brings a good crowd to Boone. As has been alluded to, arranging tickets late is no problem but hotel rooms around Boone is a different story!

Ok - I thought for a minute I was going crazy - could all I-AA fans actually pre-purchase their away tickets nearly a month in advance???

Thanks for posting your take on it - I don't feel so alone now :D

I guess the good thing is that although the rooms in Boone are very limited on gameday that there are plenty of places to stay not too far away. I'm not too sure where I want to stay yet, but I did want to try and get a bit of a head start on my way home before stopping.

Many of our players come from NC and upsate SC so I could see their families not needing to stay. The students on the bus trip are supposed to head back after the game.

SoCon48
August 28th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Ok - I thought for a minute I was going crazy - could all I-AA fans actually pre-purchase their away tickets nearly a month in advance???

Thanks for posting your take on it - I don't feel so alone now :D

I guess the good thing is that although the rooms in Boone are very limited on gameday that there are plenty of places to stay not too far away. I'm not too sure where I want to stay yet, but I did want to try and get a bit of a head start on my way home before stopping.

Many of our players come from NC and upsate SC so I could see their families not needing to stay. The students on the bus trip are supposed to head back after the game.

Most schools offer advance sales.
At App it isn't necessary, but buying a the gate can cause you to be surrounded by the oppopnents' fans instead of your own or sitting on the grass in the endzone with rug rats sliding down the bank around you the whole game..

And motels. Waiting can get you at the Roach Motel (Boone Trail).
"Not too far away" means Lenoir, Hickory, N Wilkesboro, or Mt City, Tenn.

SuperJon
August 31st, 2005, 08:37 PM
SCREAM (Coastal's "pep" club") just ordered their tickets for the Elon game. There's 110 going (2 buses with kids on the waiting list) and many of those kids signed up for the App game too. We probably won't order the App tickets til the week before the game so as many students can sign up that wants to. I'm sure someone has talked to the App ticket office about this. Stop complaining about us being there and go back to complaining about the weather.

And before you get pissed, I'm from NC. I have a ton of friends at App. I'm just making a joke I would make with them. No use to get pissed.

The Gadfly
September 4th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Here are some post on www.coastalfans.com discussion board from some Elon fans that went to the CCU/Elon game:

Regardless, I'd like to see you guys on the schedule yearly, regardless of a conference game or not. Your fans travel well, easily the best away crowd for us after App and A&T.

I agree with the comments GP said about your crowd....good crowd....you guys traveld very well tonight.

PS.....You guys were pretty loud tonight. I have some pics of the visitor's side that I can email out if you would like.

That is with the gas prices as high as they are and the distance (3 times, maybe more, from that of Boone). So PLEASE shut-up LB. BELIEVE ME (after dropping a load of $$$ to get to ELON) we'll be there.

SuperJon
September 4th, 2005, 10:40 AM
App will be a lot farther for us than Elon (App will be about 6 hours, Elon was three and a half). We've got at least two buses full for App and once word gets out about how last night's game was I'm pretty sure we'll have even more go to App. That's not counting the other people that drove.

tarmac
September 4th, 2005, 06:30 PM
CCU is up to 401 seats sold on the web site for section 9 up from 240. Looking better.