PDA

View Full Version : OVC Tailgating

Weems
July 25th, 2007, 03:09 PM
As a sophomore at UTM, it is a goal of mine for a couple of friends and me to travel to ALL the Martin games. So, what type of tailgating do the other schools in the OVC have to offer? UTM does not have a big tailgating section, but after last season, maybe that can/will change? xlolx

tsutiger
July 25th, 2007, 03:11 PM
As a sophomore at UTM, it is a goal of mine for a couple of friends and me to travel to ALL the Martin games. So, what type of tailgating do the other schools in the OVC have to offer? UTM does not have a big tailgating section, but after last season, maybe that can/will change? xlolx

TSU, EKU, and JSU. Don't expect much after that.

EKU05
July 25th, 2007, 04:15 PM
If you've never played cornhole before you may want to brush up before tailgating at EKU. It's usually a pretty good atmosphere on Gameday in Richmond.

Cocky
July 25th, 2007, 04:57 PM
If you've never played cornhole before you may want to brush up before tailgating at EKU. It's usually a pretty good atmosphere on Gameday in Richmond.

Cornhole? That doesn't have anything to do with a goat does it?

FL connection
July 25th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Weems.....you gotta do something about those "cubscouts" coming around to tell me I can't have a beer in your parking lot......at EIU the spirits flow freely. When the officer asked that I put my libation away on state property, I couldn't help but think they must be looking the other way in KNOXVILLE, NASHVILLE AND COOKEVILLE.....connection out!

EKU05
July 25th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Cornhole? That doesn't have anything to do with a goat does it?

No, you're thinking of WESTERN Kentucky...lol.

JaxSinfonian
July 25th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Weems,

I haven't updated them in a couple years, but I did visitors' guides to Jacksonville for fans of some teams on our 2005 schedule. Info on restaurants and hotels is mostly the same, but I don't have good directions from Martin worked up. Here's a link to my guide for UTC fans (http://myweb.cableone.net/jax42/jvilleguide-utc.htm). I don't suppose you'll be coming through 'Nooga, but you might want to make for Huntsville, then take U.S. 431 from there and the directions are the same. If you come, stop by my tailgate spot and say hello.

Weems
July 25th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Weems,

I haven't updated them in a couple years, but I did visitors' guides to Jacksonville for fans of some teams on our 2005 schedule. Info on restaurants and hotels is mostly the same, but I don't have good directions from Martin worked up. Here's a link to my guide for UTC fans (http://myweb.cableone.net/jax42/jvilleguide-utc.htm). I don't suppose you'll be coming through 'Nooga, but you might want to make for Huntsville, then take U.S. 431 from there and the directions are the same. If you come, stop by my tailgate spot and say hello.

I appreciate it. i mapquested the directions to all the away games. I actually have some friends i graduated with go to UTC, so were gonna stop there for the night. I would love to stop by and your tailgate and say hey!

Weems
July 25th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Weems.....you gotta do something about those "cubscouts" coming around to tell me I can't have a beer in your parking lot......at EIU the spirits flow freely. When the officer asked that I put my libation away on state property, I couldn't help but think they must be looking the other way in KNOXVILLE, NASHVILLE AND COOKEVILLE.....connection out!

HA HA, good stuff. Yep, that pretty much sounds like our good ole "police force" Funny thing (although i personally don't drink) is that there is NOTHING to do in Martin besides that. I guess there just gung ho about their job xsmhx

Weems
July 25th, 2007, 10:21 PM

Cornhole huh? Tell me about this game haha. The drive to Richmond around here is called the Death Drive, for its a loooong drive

Panthers_Blue
July 25th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I think me and some of the Blue Crew will be doing some grilling so stop by and say hi.

Weems
July 25th, 2007, 11:35 PM
sounds good to me.. I appreciate it.. Any of yall college students, or just big fans of the school?

FL connection
July 26th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Weems.....tailgating is always about one thing......commaradarie.....there are a few "dicks" out there but my experiences have always been a great time in the parking lots of the OVC......enjoy your travels.......connection out!!!!

JoshUCA
July 26th, 2007, 08:33 AM
You planning on making it down for the OOC game at UCA? If so, UCA's tailgating has EXPLODED in the past couple of years and we expect this year to continue the trend. Alcohol is allowed (finally) but the only stipulation is that is has to be in a plastic cup. With the tailgating taking off it has finally given students a reason to stick around campus for the weekend so they have started showing up at the games in huge numbers. With UT Martin being our first home game this season, it should be HUGE!! Ohh, feel free to come on over to www.ucafans.com and ask any questions that you may have about tailgating and such.

Panthers_Blue
July 26th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Were students, I'm the president for the Blue Crew which is the student section at sporting events.

Weems
July 26th, 2007, 07:24 PM
You planning on making it down for the OOC game at UCA? If so, UCA's tailgating has EXPLODED in the past couple of years and we expect this year to continue the trend. Alcohol is allowed (finally) but the only stipulation is that is has to be in a plastic cup. With the tailgating taking off it has finally given students a reason to stick around campus for the weekend so they have started showing up at the games in huge numbers. With UT Martin being our first home game this season, it should be HUGE!! Ohh, feel free to come on over to www.ucafans.com and ask any questions that you may have about tailgating and such.

Ya, i am making the trip to Central Arkansas. I'm very excited about heading out there. Very nice stadium you have by the way :)

EKU05
July 26th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Cornhole huh? Tell me about this game haha. The drive to Richmond around here is called the Death Drive, for its a loooong drive

Here's the link to the Wikipedia article about Corhole...lol. It's basically a game involving tossing bags of corn (like bean bags) back and forth at a slanted board with a hole in it. It was invented in Cincinnati and is popular at Bengals games to this day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corntoss

Cocky
July 26th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Here's the link to the Wikipedia article about Corhole...lol. It's basically a game involving tossing bags of corn (like bean bags) back and forth at a slanted board with a hole in it. It was invented in Cincinnati and is popular at Bengals games to this day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corntoss

That sounds better than what WKU is doing to goats for fun.

Panthers_Blue
July 27th, 2007, 09:15 AM
We call that game "Bags" up here in Chucktown. Everyone plays it, heck there is even a tourney once a year. Always seems to make for a good time.

JaxSinfonian
July 28th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Any of yall college students, or just big fans of the school?

Not a student, just a recent alumnus who still lives in town. Not too old to welcome a student into the party, though.