PDA

View Full Version : It's Marker Week!

Professor Chaos
March 29th, 2021, 08:02 AM
So maybe this game happens this Saturday... maybe not... if not I guess we can just revisit it the week of 4/17 when it's likely to get rescheduled to but I'm going to stay optimistic:

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1376290883008598018

If it does happen this Saturday it's going to be another top 5 (possibly top 3) matchup in this series. Let's get it on!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YLCDDYYSqto/maxresdefault.jpg

Professor Chaos
March 29th, 2021, 08:16 AM
Gotta give credit for this one to Scottie from Bisonville:

The nd highway patrol would like to remind bison nation
Stig is coming during tax season!

TheKingpin28
March 29th, 2021, 10:21 AM
Nothing better than Marker Week. Another chance for the Joose to be Loose and avoid the ditches at all costs.

Bisonator
March 29th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Bunnies eat their own poop.....that is all.:D

POD Knows
March 29th, 2021, 11:50 AM
Not going to watch the game, going to an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, not kidding, that is real. Bunnies 28 Bison 17, that is it and that is all #BOOKIT

Bisonoline
March 29th, 2021, 06:48 PM
Not going to watch the game, going to an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, not kidding, that is real. Bunnies 28 Bison 17, that is it and that is all #BOOKIT

Getting my second shot Sat. Hope I will be able to watch it. :D

Bisonator
March 29th, 2021, 08:30 PM
Seriously? Turn in your ****ing man card! xlolx

Professor Chaos
March 29th, 2021, 09:12 PM
So as long as there's no SDSU fans returning the smack I suppose I could actually talk football. For the Bison I'd really (I mean really really really) like to see Cam Miller be the primary, if not exclusive, QB but I'm sure they're still going to throw Zeb Noland out there probably right away. SDSU will gear up completely to stop the run and Zeb is going to have to throw the ball to loosen the defense up. Christian Watson will need to be a difference maker on the outside since I think the Jacks have the horses to mostly neutralize NDSU's ground attack if they're not worried at all about the pass.

On the other side I think NDSU's defense is in for their toughest test of the season and will likely have a similar strategy... gear up to stop the SDSU ground attack and make Gronowski beat them with his arm. I'm assuming Pierre Strong will be back with two weeks to heal up but they proved against SIU they don't need him to have a very formidable ground game.

So probably comes down to which QB plays better and makes the opposing defense play more honestly... both have had their issues with turnovers this year so might come down to which defense can capitalize when the opposing QB gives them an opportunity. I'm going to expect a low scoring game where an explosive play or two on one side or the other is the difference in an otherwise slow moving slugfest.

Professor Chaos
March 30th, 2021, 09:36 AM
Here's the matchup broken down by the numbers:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51014690420_f959c2a852_z.jpg

This is the first time I've put this together so far this spring so take it with a grain of salt. With some teams playing so few games right now the national ranks are also pretty sketchy but a few things jump out to me from the NDSU perspective. First off the turnover margin is horrible. The passing game numbers are bad but I expected that. I was surprised to see how bad the redzone defense has been. The rushing numbers are better than what I thought they would be but the UND game gave them a big lift.

The numbers definitely favor SDSU all together but it's fairly close.

Chalupa Batman
March 30th, 2021, 09:51 AM
I have no idea what’s going to happen in this game. I can’t get really get a comfortable feel for how I think it’s going to go. I can see the Bunnies having a game similar to what they had against the Salukis and blowing us out (though probably not the same margin). I can see the Bunnies having a game similar to what they had against YSU and getting blown out. It’ll probably be a close game but a blowout either way wouldn’t surprise me at all.

POD Knows
March 30th, 2021, 09:53 AM
Seriously? Turn in your ****ing man card! xlolxEaster egg hunt with the grandkids will get over by 1 or so but I have to drive for a while, probably catch part of the game on the radio

Professor Chaos
March 30th, 2021, 09:55 AM
I have no idea what’s going to happen in this game. I can’t get really get a comfortable feel for how I think it’s going to go. I can see the Bunnies having a game similar to what they had against the Salukis and blowing us out (though probably not the same margin). I can see the Bunnies having a game similar to what they had against YSU and getting blown out. It’ll probably be a close game but a blowout either way wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Yeah, no outcome should be all that surprising given how the spring is going. I wasn't even completely confident last week against USD but that's just because things seemed to be going so well out of the UND game and that's just not been how things have gone this spring. I blame my inner Vikings fan.

Add to that the looming uncertainty that'll be around all week about pending COVID tests and players missing practice time due to positive tests and close contact who knows how they'll look.

Professor Chaos
March 30th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Well... see you in two weeks I guess. *knockonwood*

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1377010462081085443

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 30th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Well... see you in two weeks I guess.

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1377010462081085443

Beat me to it!! Sucks but it is what it is....

Fall camp is 4 months away....

TheKingpin28
March 30th, 2021, 05:33 PM
Well... see you in two weeks I guess. *knockonwood*

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1377010462081085443Honestly, this break is better to go into UNI with 2 weeks rest vs 1 week rest for SDSU followed up with UNI followed by potential playoffs.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Schism55
March 30th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Poopy flavored lollipops

Professor Chaos
April 12th, 2021, 08:46 AM
Well, let's try this again.... NDSU is hopefully over their COVID issues since they were able to play last week and, as far as I know, SDSU hasn't had any yet. Let's hope they both continue. The winner of this game almost certainly locks up homefield until Frisco since both of them are on the 14 list of NCAA approved home sites for the FCS playoffs. NDSU looked a little flat in their return last week... how will SDSU look after nearly a month off?

I know NDSU clinches the MVFC auto with a win and I believe SDSU would get the auto with a win since they would win a three-way tie breaker with UND and MSU or a two-way tie breaker with MSU by virtue of their win over NDSU but both of these teams are already in the playoffs I'm sure.

I'm not going to get too excited for this game until about Thursday probably... this spring has taught me that.

TheKingpin28
April 12th, 2021, 09:03 AM
I just do not want to see Zeb take another snap. If Entz has been holding out Miller for this game, fine by me, but we all know that would make too much sense, so SDSU should just blitz every down and hope Hunter and Dom don't run wild. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see SDSU put 8-9 man boxes and force Zeb to actually beat a team through the air using more than just Watson as a pray and hope outlet.

Professor Chaos
April 12th, 2021, 09:17 AM
I just do not want to see Zeb take another snap. If Entz has been holding out Miller for this game, fine by me, but we all know that would make too much sense, so SDSU should just blitz every down and hope Hunter and Dom don't run wild. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see SDSU put 8-9 man boxes and force Zeb to actually beat a team through the air using more than just Watson as a pray and hope outlet.
I think you're going to be disappointed. At this point it just looks like stubbornness and arrogance from Entz and staff to be so dead set on playing a marginal 5th year senior QB who is at his ceiling instead of a marginal true freshman QB who actually has a chance to improve with playing time. I've moved onto the acceptance stage that it's just going to be Zeb moving forward. I can only hope they figure out a better answer to the QB question by fall.

TheKingpin28
April 12th, 2021, 09:36 AM
I think you're going to be disappointed. At this point it just looks like stubbornness and arrogance from Entz and staff to be so dead set on playing a marginal 5th year senior QB who is at his ceiling instead of a marginal true freshman QB who actually has a chance to improve with playing time. I've moved onto the acceptance stage that it's just going to be Zeb moving forward. I can only hope they figure out a better answer to the QB question by fall.

I cannot fathom why Entz wishes to be this stubborn? The last time we had a "controversy" was Stick/Wentz and that was easy to settle real quick. Before that, Mohler/Jensen and Bohl learned real quick which one gave him a better shot to win. Entz must not wish to stay at NDSU long since if they don't win this Spring and Zeb is starting in the fall, there will be some hot seats in Fargo. Why not give Miller his shot since clearly the offense rolls along when they have a QB that forces a LB to spy him vs having someone who cannot step up in the pocket and cannot scramble either? If, dare I say when, NDSU loses the Marker and is forced to go on the road, will Entz double-down or realize it's easier for Hunter and Dom to run the ball when 8-9 guys are not in the box and using the TEs can move the chains?

How big was that dropoff in 2019 with Zeb and Trey? How could Entz keep a straight face and tell us that it was extremely close in fall camp?

caribbeanhen
April 12th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Hey Bison fans,

All Behemoths have a few fleas, you guys are still the team to beat in FCS

SUPharmacist
April 15th, 2021, 12:56 AM
The marker game always makes me think back to when I was looking at colleges. Being a massive nerd I already new my plan was pharmacy, I realized Minnesota despite being highly rated was way overpriced and looked closely at NDSU and SDSU (didn’t consider Wisconsin or Iowa because **** them both). Now I was and still am an arrogant prick and was concerned about what there was to do in Fargo or Brookings compared to Minneapolis. I looked at both and was super amused that when I asked a tour guide what there was to do in Brookings I was told simply “we have a bowling alley.” Of course I was being an idiot and both have plenty for a college student, but thank goodness I chose the school that knows how to close the deal. I am looking forward to seeing SDSU **** the bed again on Saturday. On a side note I got a friendly reminder of how much bull**** program rankings can be when I had an inspection from the board of pharmacy a few years back and was told that the U of MN was not preparing their students for the real world (meanwhile NDSU and SDSU grads just do their damn jobs).

Bisonator
April 15th, 2021, 10:58 AM
What happened to all the bunny turds......I mean fans on here?

Thumper? Thumper?? Thumper???

Gil Dobie
April 15th, 2021, 11:09 AM
https://scontent.ffcm1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/166347369_10160642333324638_2685564044378801386_n. jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=09cbfe&_nc_ohc=nkh9ocxwaksAX9_1JDV&_nc_ht=scontent.ffcm1-1.fna&oh=de93fd1366f9a41602e3e7648c032a4a&oe=609F0E59

Professor Chaos
April 15th, 2021, 11:18 AM
What happened to all the bunny turds......I mean fans on here?

Thumper? Thumper?? Thumper???
It would probably just be an argument about why our team will lose. I haven't been this worried about the Bison losing to SDSU in a decade. I'd assume SDSU fans are conditioned to think that NDSU will win if they think SDSU has a good shot to win.

If we could switch starting QBs I'd take NDSU in a heartbeat.

Bisonator
April 15th, 2021, 12:43 PM
It would probably just be an argument about why our team will lose. I haven't been this worried about the Bison losing to SDSU in a decade. I'd assume SDSU fans are conditioned to think that NDSU will win if they think SDSU has a good shot to win.

If we could switch starting QBs I'd take NDSU in a heartbeat.
I'm not even worried...........................I know we're going to lose. xlolx

POD Knows
April 15th, 2021, 01:35 PM
I'm not even worried...........................I know we're going to lose. xlolxNDSU has no chance of winning, I need some of you guys to pick me out an avatar that my SDSU friend, who bet on the Bison, that he can proudly display in the months going forward.

Professor Chaos
April 15th, 2021, 03:01 PM
NDSU has no chance of winning, I need some of you guys to pick me out an avatar that my SDSU friend, who bet on the Bison, that he can proudly display in the months going forward.
One of these????

https://twitter.com/govkristinoem/status/1204855590238871552

POD Knows
April 15th, 2021, 03:27 PM
One of these????

https://twitter.com/govkristinoem/status/1204855590238871552Not bad :D

TheKingpin28
April 15th, 2021, 03:47 PM
One of these????

https://twitter.com/govkristinoem/status/1204855590238871552

I can totally support her wearing this.

Chalupa Batman
April 16th, 2021, 12:45 AM
I'm not even worried...........................I know we're going to lose. xlolx

I also think we are going to lose, though I'm not quite as confident about it as you are. xlolx

I think it's like 65/35 that the bunnies win, but only because we got to play last week. It would have been about 80/20 them otherwise.

caribbeanhen
April 16th, 2021, 03:15 PM
The loser of this game still makes the playoffs so no big deal The loser of this game still makes the playoffs so no big deal!

dewey
April 17th, 2021, 05:17 AM
Happy Dakota Marker Gameday! This one is extra special as it falls on a turkey hunting day here in the middle of nowhere Kansas.

Go Bison!

NDSU 31
SDSU 21

Dewey

Professor Chaos
April 17th, 2021, 07:58 AM
For all the talk and consternation about how inconsistent and uncharacteristically flawed the Bison have been this spring a win today would just signify that the more things change the more they stay the same.

On the other hand a win for SDSU would finally put them over the hump going into the playoffs. Even in years past when they've beaten the Bison they've found ways to lose a headscratcher or two to blow their seeding position. If they pull it off this year they'll finally get homefield and make the Bison go through Brookings for once if they're in the same playoff bracket.

Earlier in the week my head said Jacks win but now that we're to game day and it looks like this thing will actually happen my heart is creeping into it and overruling my head. Conference title on the line. Home field until Frisco on the the line. The rock on the line. All the chips are down. Let's go!!!!

POD Knows
April 17th, 2021, 08:21 AM
SDSU 27 NDSU 14 #BOOKIT - Bison score one offensive TD, short fields all day long for SDSU, SDSU +2 in turnovers

Bet the Ranch, the wife and kids, throw in the dog and the goats, #BOOKIT

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 12:01 PM
This is going to be disastrous.

34-12 North Dakota State will win. (Jacks will miss two XPs) This is how the game will go:

Score will be 10-6 NDSU with 2 minutes left before halftime. The Bison will score a quick TD before half. They — of course — will receive the 2nd half kickoff because NDSU always defers their choice to the 2nd half if they win the toss and SDSU always chooses to receive the ball if we win the toss. NDSU will score immediately on their first possession out of halftime and the score will be 24-6 before we ever get to touch the ball again. Game is over at that point. I’ve seen this movie before. Too much pressure, and we get out-coached.

SDSU will be lucky to receive an at-large and will lose in first round. Just hope we escape this spring without any big injuries that hurt us in the fall.

#BookIt.

SDFS
April 17th, 2021, 12:58 PM
hmmm battling bagging.. I go with mmiller on this one.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Bison get the ball in the 2nd half. SDSU didn't score on first drive. This game is over.

Lorne_Malvo
April 17th, 2021, 02:41 PM
Zeb Noland is garbage.

BNATION
Why would you not run with your 250# back on 3rd and short. NDSU seems pretty one dimensional.

TheKingpin28
Bench Zeb. Dude could not hit water if he fell out of a boat in the middle of the lake. I'm done with this ****

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 02:42 PM
Why would you not run with your 250# back on 3rd and short. NDSU seems pretty one dimensional.Cause Matt Entz cant get out of his own way or make logical decisions.

BNATION
April 17th, 2021, 02:44 PM
These twins are legit for SDSU.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Bison have the Jacks right where they want them.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 03:15 PM
I hate commercials.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Refs screwing the Bison. That was a catch.

6 min left in the half 7-3, Jacks. Just the perfect amount of time for the Bison to get 2 quick scores off TOs before the half.

Halftime score = 17-7 Bison.

#BookIT

SUPharmacist
April 17th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Time to bring in Zeb for his pre-half magic.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 03:39 PM
Jacks needed a score on that drive within 2 min left of halftime. Way too conservative there.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to bring in Zeb for his pre-half magic.

Exactly.

Lorne_Malvo
April 17th, 2021, 03:44 PM
NDSUs Sproles in the portal now.

Prime Power
April 17th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Matt Entz and Tyler Roehl are two ribeyes in a roast...

Gil Dobie
April 17th, 2021, 03:53 PM
NDSUs Sproles in the portal now.

Source? Just said he was returning this fall 3 days ago.

JayJ79
April 17th, 2021, 03:54 PM
seems like they were late bringing up the net on that FG attempt, and looked almost like they were doing it in a jerking manner, causing the Scheels logo to move back and forth, as if they were intentionally trying to distract the kicker.

or I'm just imagining things. haha

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 03:55 PM
seems like they were late bringing up the net on that FG attempt, and looked almost like they were doing it in a jerking manner, causing the Scheels logo to move back and forth, as if they were intentionally trying to distract the kicker.

or I'm just imagining things. haha

#NetGate

POD Knows
April 17th, 2021, 04:00 PM
My prediction of one Bison offensive TD seems to be a stretch goal.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 04:03 PM
My prediction of one Bison offensive TD seems to be a stretch goal.

False: The Bizon will have exactly 5 TDs in the second half.

Prime Power
April 17th, 2021, 04:08 PM

Was a fake Dom Izzo twitter account saying it. Phoenix himself told him to delete the fake news not cool.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Two big plays out of halftime for the Bizon. This game is over. Can't wait to play @ the Fargodome in the playoffs.

Update:

TD Bizon. Game. Set. Match.

SDSU always out coached by NDSU in the second half.

#BookIt

Lorne_Malvo
April 17th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Ahh just noticed it was a fake account.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Very lucky answer by SDSU. Obviously.

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Textbook Targeting. Not sure how they picked that flag up?

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 04:37 PM
That's targeting.

Will shift the entire game. Good game. Bison will come out on top now.

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 04:37 PM
That's targeting.

Will shift the entire game. Good game. Bison will come out on top now.Not sure how that is offsetting penalties (you'd think targeting and unsportsmanlike would override) but that was clear targeting.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Not sure how that is offsetting penalties (you'd think targeting and unsportsmanlike would override) but that was clear targeting.

Was thinking the same thing. It's okay. SDSU giving lots of penalties out here on this drive. All legit penalties. We suck.

JayJ79
April 17th, 2021, 04:44 PM
Not sure how that is offsetting penalties (you'd think targeting and unsportsmanlike would override) but that was clear targeting.
I'm no official, but I'm pretty sure that any time there is a live ball penalty on both teams, then the penalties offset, regardless of the yardage of the penalties.

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 04:46 PM
Was thinking the same thing. It's okay. SDSU giving lots of penalties out here on this drive. All legit penalties. We suck.Not as bad as us.

uofmman1122
April 17th, 2021, 04:46 PM
lol Jackrabbits acted like they don't want to win on that drive.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 04:47 PM
Not as bad as us.

Want to try again? We can't stop you now, refs finally started calling penalties on us. They should have been all game!

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 04:48 PM
I'm no official, but I'm pretty sure that any time there is a live ball penalty on both teams, then the penalties offset, regardless of the yardage of the penalties.I thought, in college (could be wrong) Targeting and Unsportsmanlike conducts overrode regular fouls?

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 04:48 PM
lol Jackrabbits acted like they don't want to win on that drive.

Been saying this. This game is over.

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Want to try again? We can't stop you now, refs finally started calling penalties on us. They should have been all game!Our defense can't stop your offense so I expect more TDs from you.

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 04:49 PM
That said, this is the 2nd time Cam has rescued NDSU and just wait, come next week, Entz will go back to Zeb and we'll be back at it again.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Our defense can't stop your offense so I expect more TDs from you.

False: zero TDS. Bizon D getting sacks and pressure now = game over.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, this is the 2nd time Cam has rescued NDSU and just wait, come next week, Entz will go back to Zeb and we'll be back at it again.

Don't know why. Zeb had such a short leash today. Was like 1 chain-link. Incomplete pass = done. Lol

POD Knows
April 17th, 2021, 04:57 PM
Freaking Bison D sucks today, next score wins.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Freaking Bison D sucks today, next score wins.

Agreed but it wont be the SDSU defense rising up.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Seeing players get hurt in the spring just sucks. Don't care who they play for

uofmman1122
April 17th, 2021, 05:05 PM
SDSU's rushing O looks really good.

They might be able to hold on with a score if their D doesn't **** down its legs again.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 05:06 PM
PENALTIES!!!

uofmman1122
April 17th, 2021, 05:08 PM
lmao wtf was that?

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Needed a TD there. Bizon D was the one to rise up. Good game.

I just want ONE time. ONE time that a Bizon QB makes a bonehead, game deciding turnover that loses the game for them against SDSU. I've never seen it.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao wtf was that?

They are called broken plays.

Gil Dobie
April 17th, 2021, 05:11 PM
Win or lose, Bison offense looked better today.

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 05:13 PM
False: zero TDS. Bizon D getting sacks and pressure now = game over.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why. Zeb had such a short leash today. Was like 1 chain-link. Incomplete pass = done. LolHe has been awful all season. No reason why Cam hasn't been playing all season.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Win or lose, Bison offense looked better today.

Tip the cap. Cam Miller looked very capable today for you guys.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Kansas State like drive coming up for NDSU to win the game with time expiring.

uofmman1122
April 17th, 2021, 05:18 PM
If SDSU can continue to run it like they have this half, this'll be tough for NDSU.

Gil Dobie
April 17th, 2021, 05:19 PM
Bison need a big play on defense.

uofmman1122
April 17th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Yikes

Gil Dobie
April 17th, 2021, 05:23 PM
There's your dagger.

katss07
April 17th, 2021, 05:24 PM
This has been a fun one...

uofmman1122
April 17th, 2021, 05:29 PM
Congrats, bunnies! xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
April 17th, 2021, 05:29 PM
Jacks were the better team, congrats.

Schism55
April 17th, 2021, 05:30 PM
Congrats on the win Jacks.
SDSU made plays when it counted, Bison did not.

BNATION
April 17th, 2021, 05:38 PM
Great take. Two good teams there. New QB is much better football player. See one of y’all in the playoffs I’m sure. Mahalo

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 05:41 PM
Wasn't joking about SDSU being better than NDSU. Good game bunnies.

POD Knows
April 17th, 2021, 05:59 PM
Wasn't joking about SDSU being better than NDSU. Good game bunnies.

Yep, they are better, by long ways at every skill position on offense with the possible exception of TE but we don't seem to want to throw the ball to them anyway so what difference does it make. The Bison got pushed around today and by a horrible UNI offense a week ago. I don't know if what we have coming back next fall is going to make a difference or not.

Anyway, great win by the Bunnies and you can all suck my dick. :D Need to get my avatar ready for the SDSU poster on here. Every cloud has a silver lining I guess. Might have to go with the Noem pic in the Bison gear, she is a hottie and see looks sad to be wearing it in that one pic.

Bisonator
April 17th, 2021, 06:07 PM
Congrats to the Jacks! I thought it'd be worse actually. Not expecting much of a PO run this spring. Oh well some other team can have the title in this mess of a season.

Serpentor
April 17th, 2021, 06:11 PM
This was a tough game. Congrats Jacks, and good game Bisons.

Professor Chaos
April 17th, 2021, 06:40 PM
Props to SDSU especially their O-line. I expected if they were going to win it was going to be in the backs of their defense but their offense completely outmatched NDSU's defense in the trenches and their backs made the Bison LBs look silly all day on run and pass plays.

As for the Bison I'm really questioning the coaching staff and their ability to game plan for SDSU. The fact that they decide this is the game to let Cam Miller play exclusively just stinks like they were out-thinking themselves and trying to catch SDSU's coaches napping when they wasted so many opportunities earlier in the spring to get Cam meaningful reps. That said I thought he played great... who knows what he's able to do in the last 5 minutes if Watson doesn't have the killer drop.

Good luck to SDSU going forward... they'll be at home until they lose or until Frisco so this is their best opportunity yet to take that next step as a program. I'm confident my Bison's offense is going to be able to pick it up but now I have big questions about the defense.... in any case it looks like NDSU is going to need a good chunk of luck to contend for a title this spring but the future is bright regardless.

Laker
April 17th, 2021, 06:52 PM
I was in Sioux City watching #1 Morningside blow out Carroll. Left at halftime and stopped in Orange City to see Northwestern of Iowa pound Dickenson. The third GPAC team, Dordt, lost their first ever NAIA playoff game to #2 Grandview after being tied at half. Listened to the Jacks- Bison game on the way home on WNAX. I had tickets for the NDSU at UNI game last week but couldn't go due to gout.

It will be interesting to see how they set up the playoff games. Radio thought that the MVFC will get four teams but NOT MO State- that Southern Illinois would get in instead.

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 07:01 PM
Yep, they are better, by long ways at every skill position on offense with the possible exception of TE but we don't seem to want to throw the ball to them anyway so what difference does it make. The Bison got pushed around today and by a horrible UNI offense a week ago. I don't know if what we have coming back next fall is going to make a difference or not.

Anyway, great win by the Bunnies and you can all suck my dick. :D Need to get my avatar ready for the SDSU poster on here. Every cloud has a silver lining I guess. Might have to go with the Noem pic in the Bison gear, she is a hottie and see looks sad to be wearing it in that one pic.Losing a starting LT/QB to NFL isn't easy but throw in the #2 WR out for spring, #1,2, and maybe 3 RB out, #1 CB leaves the team, and this is what you get. The fall in where Entz will either sink or swim. If they don't win the MVFC and/or win a Title, I could see Entz being fired real quick. The fall will be his first year with his guys and we will see if it was Klieman all along (which I think almost all of us believe it is) or if Entz is the man for the job.

Something needs to change in the fall cause clearly this team isn't it.

Professor Chaos
April 17th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Losing a starting LT/QB to NFL isn't easy but throw in the #2 WR out for spring, #1,2, and maybe 3 RB out, #1 CB leaves the team, and this is what you get. The fall in where Entz will either sink or swim. If they don't win the MVFC and/or win a Title, I could see Entz being fired real quick. The fall will be his first year with his guys and we will see if it was Klieman all along (which I think almost all of us believe it is) or if Entz is the man for the job.

Something needs to change in the fall cause clearly this team isn't it.

Come on man... Entz isn't getting fired after this fall unless something real bad off the field happens. He's 22-2 as a head coach now. He's got a pretty long leash at this point.

caribbeanhen
April 17th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Looks like the Behemoth has some fleas

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 07:55 PM

Anyway, great win by the Bunnies and you can all suck my dick. :D Need to get my avatar ready for the SDSU poster on here. Every cloud has a silver lining I guess. Might have to go with the Noem pic in the Bison gear, she is a hottie and see looks sad to be wearing it in that one pic.

Ready for it. Send it when you’re ready.

mvfcfan
April 17th, 2021, 07:58 PM
Thank God SDSU won. I hope they win the national title too.

TheKingpin28
April 17th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Come on man... Entz isn't getting fired after this fall unless something real bad off the field happens. He's 22-2 as a head coach now. He's got a pretty long leash at this point.With mainly Klieman players. You can't tell me team hasn't regressed this season and that Entz has made some absolute bonehead calls this season. If it's not turned around in the fall, you dont think the boosters will be vocal about it?

Professor Chaos
April 17th, 2021, 08:10 PM
With mainly Klieman players. You can't tell me team hasn't regressed this season and that Entz has made some absolute bonehead calls this season. If it's not turned around in the fall, you dont think the boosters will be vocal about it?

I'm sure some boosters will be vocal about it... anything less than a national title gets some boosters upset these days. Entz has made mistakes but the fact is he's only in his 2nd year of head coaching at any level so you have to expect that he'll have some learning and improving to do. This team is incredibly young this spring and Entz was a big part of helping build "Klieman's team" so it's not like he shouldn't get any credit for that either. I'd say for on field performance he's still 3 years away minimum from having to worry about losing his job unless the bottom completely falls out (as in not even making the playoffs).

Bisonoline
April 17th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Props to SDSU especially their O-line. I expected if they were going to win it was going to be in the backs of their defense but their offense completely outmatched NDSU's defense in the trenches and their backs made the Bison LBs look silly all day on run and pass plays.

As for the Bison I'm really questioning the coaching staff and their ability to game plan for SDSU. The fact that they decide this is the game to let Cam Miller play exclusively just stinks like they were out-thinking themselves and trying to catch SDSU's coaches napping when they wasted so many opportunities earlier in the spring to get Cam meaningful reps. That said I thought he played great... who knows what he's able to do in the last 5 minutes if Watson doesn't have the killer drop.

Good luck to SDSU going forward... they'll be at home until they lose or until Frisco so this is their best opportunity yet to take that next step as a program. I'm confident my Bison's offense is going to be able to pick it up but now I have big questions about the defense.... in any case it looks like NDSU is going to need a good chunk of luck to contend for a title this spring but the future is bright regardless.

You forget that they pulled Zeb after his first series when he threw another bone head interception?

This team has more problems than what they showed on the field. They get those fixed things will get better. But its going to take time.

POD Knows
April 17th, 2021, 08:14 PM
Ready for it. Send it when you’re ready.Sent a PM to you. Can't remember what the bet was but I am agreeable to deleting it when fall football starts.

Professor Chaos
April 17th, 2021, 08:14 PM
You forget that they pulled Zeb after his first series when he threw another bone head interception?
Well he didn't throw an interception today at least but his one and only throw was pretty pathetic. I can only hope that the coaches stop this charade in the playoffs and start Cam playing him exclusively unless he's injured or he implodes (and if he implodes you might as well bring in Graetz since that would mean they're probably about to have their spring season end).

POD Knows
April 17th, 2021, 08:15 PM
Looks like the Behemoth has some fleasAnd mange

Christiank22
April 17th, 2021, 08:40 PM
Thank God SDSU won. I hope they win the national title too.

SDSU is a classless fan base and team. They don’t deserve anything especially not a national championship.

Christiank22
April 17th, 2021, 08:42 PM
Great take. Two good teams there. New QB is much better football player. See one of y’all in the playoffs I’m sure. Mahalo

1 good team. NDSU is horrible. We are an average to below average team this year

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Sent a PM to you. Can't remember what the bet was but I am agreeable to deleting it when fall football starts.

Damn you. But a bet is a bet.

mmiller_34
April 17th, 2021, 09:29 PM
SDSU is a classless fan base and team. They don’t deserve anything especially not a national championship.

Ouch. Every fanbase has their nuts. Don't act like there arent any in yours.

melloware13
April 17th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Ouch. Every fanbase has their nuts. Don't act like there arent any in yours.
Sounds like he might be one of them...

POD Knows
April 18th, 2021, 08:22 AM
Damn you. But a bet is a bet.Man, that looks awesome

caribbeanhen
April 18th, 2021, 08:39 AM
And mange

It sounds like the mangy beast should be sent on the road while the Fargo Dome is being disinfected

POD Knows
April 18th, 2021, 08:46 AM
It sounds like the mangy beast should be sent on the road while the Fargo Dome is being disinfectedYea, lost a long home winning streak as an added plus this weekend, NDSU will be one and done in this deal this spring, unless we get Davidson or something

caribbeanhen
April 18th, 2021, 09:07 AM
Yea, lost a long home winning streak as an added plus this weekend, NDSU will be one and done in this deal this spring, unless we get Davidson or something

I heard they might be sending some geographical Guido type teams out for a warm midwest welcome
like Monmouth, Sacred Heart or Holy Cross