Ronbo
July 24th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Near the end of this Ohio sportscast.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IOms332X8p0

GoGuins
July 24th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Near the end of this Ohio sportscast.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IOms332X8p0

I can't view Youtube here at work, but I saw it on Youngstown's NBC affiliate last night

Neckfansince71
July 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Took a good look at the 1AA.org picture gallery of games photographed last year just to take a look at a number of football stadiums which are used by FCS schools. Seems to me that alot of the eastern schools have really updated their facilities and pressboxes in a classy and well dressed manner. I especially thought the refurbishing of Lafayettes (sp) stadium was well done, especially because it appeared to be alot like WIU's before the transformation. Schools in the west have also done a nice job. But the midwest, well except for YSU and Missouri State, the venues leave alot to be desired. UNI Dome was built a number of years ago and is okay, but SIU, Illinois State, Eastern Illinois, and WIU all leave alot to be desired basically because the state refuses to fund any athletic facilities. So they have all been left with what was built initially, like in WIU's case, 1950 ish. Hanson is in a wonderful spot and now, finally, $5 million later the student side will be permanent, brick faced, accessible, and classy looking! But the west side, which was caught by the photographer at the Morehead State game, yeck. A design to change this situation has been developed, one that will resemble Southern Utah's finished side with rows of large windows across the top. Of course the price tag is $10 bills but it is on the list of things to do for the next 20 years. Until then, I'll just continue to drool everytime I see Montana's stadium and the loges at the top of Stambaugh. :D

jc

ps. Talked to some YSU fans a number of years ago and they loved the setting of Hanson Field, the trees, the fall colors etc. I was almost apologetic about the stadium though. At the age of 54, I can only hope to see a completed Hanson Field!

GeauxColonels
July 24th, 2007, 09:05 PM
STOP THE DAMN TYPING! I CAN'T HEAR THE TV!!!!!!