PDA

View Full Version : All-Big Sky Conference team?

Smendy
July 23rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
Just scroll down a bit, to see the list in today's blog.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

Pretty good job by the folks over at DD.com, but Jimmy Barnes the #1 QB in the Big Sky already xnonox

Also, Lex Hilliard of Montana should be healthy and he should be a no-brainer as the first team RB.....They should've added the Oklahoma transfer to the OL group over Gable and why so many Sac State defenders? xwhistlex

CrazyCat
July 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Not having Bobby Daly on the list is a major omission. xnonox

laxVik
July 23rd, 2007, 04:07 PM
A QB who hasn't played a minute for Weber is all conference? How nice.

Tod
July 23rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
A QB who hasn't played a minute for Weber is all conference? How nice.

Yeah, I thought it was bad when the Big Sky gave the nod to Bergquist, but this is ridiculous. xsmhx

cats2506
July 23rd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I thought it was bad when the Big Sky gave the nod to Bergquist, but this is ridiculous. xsmhx

But really who would you pick for QB in the BSC.
I think the cats are sitting pretty good with Rolo and Carp but the way Rolo finished last year with Appy I wouldent vote for him over the others. I hope and believe that he will improve and be there this year.

There just isnt a proven good QB in the BSC this year. It will be interesting to see what BSC QB(s) steps up this year.

I agree that Daly belongs on the list.

Tod
July 23rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
But really who would you pick for QB in the BSC.
I think the cats are sitting pretty good with Rolo and Carp but the way Rolo finished last year with Appy I wouldent vote for him over the others. I hope and believe that he will improve and be there this year.

There just isnt a proven good QB in the BSC this year. It will be interesting to see what BSC QB(s) steps up this year.

I agree that Daly belongs on the list.

Good question. Man, remember when we had Ochs, Meyer, Lulay and Murietta all starting?

Pauly LB
July 23rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
There really is no QB that deserves the nod on the pre-season team but at very least Cole Berquist has played. While he did not stand out, he did not embarrass himself. If you have to select a QB for the pre-season team it should NOT be Jimmy Barnes... NONE would have also been a appropriate selection !!!

CatFan22
July 23rd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Not having Bobby Daly on the list is a major omission. xnonox

My God our defense gets no respect at all. Especially Daly. How much more can you do to not get on there?

Registered the most total tackles in the Big Sky with 121, and his 9.3 per game stood fifth in the loop… also fourth in the Big Sky in tackles-for-loss… registered seven games with double-digit tackles… recorded 10 tackles, with two sacks and two forced fumbles at Appalachian State… nine tackles and a fumble recovery at Idaho State

And all this gets is "honorable mention All-Big Sky honors" for last season. Do these people even look at numbers and performance or just go by last season's all-conference players?

DuckDuckGriz
July 23rd, 2007, 05:44 PM
My God our defense gets no respect at all. Especially Daly. How much more can you do to not get on there?

Registered the most total tackles in the Big Sky with 121, and his 9.3 per game stood fifth in the loop… also fourth in the Big Sky in tackles-for-loss… registered seven games with double-digit tackles… recorded 10 tackles, with two sacks and two forced fumbles at Appalachian State… nine tackles and a fumble recovery at Idaho State

And all this gets is "honorable mention All-Big Sky honors" for last season. Do these people even look at numbers and performance or just go by last season's all-conference players?

Call these guys out on it. I'm serious. This is bull*****. Daly should be on the list, Barnes should not, etc. And people wonder why the rest of the country is so ignorant about the FCS.

laxVik
July 23rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
More trouble with JD Quinn I read. Tsk, tsk...

DuckDuckGriz
July 23rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
More trouble with JD Quinn I read. Tsk, tsk...

Wrong thread lax.

But I bet any problem associated with the Griz makes your day. xrolleyesx

cats2506
July 23rd, 2007, 07:29 PM
Good question. Man, remember when we had Ochs, Meyer, Lulay and Murietta all starting?

Yep, Nothing I see is even close to any of em this year

DuckDuckGriz
July 23rd, 2007, 07:31 PM

Also wasn't there Heatherington at ISU and Pizarro at Weber? Not to mention Sawyer Smith at PSU...

Damn the BSC was loaded at QB.

laxVik
July 23rd, 2007, 07:47 PM
Wrong thread lax.

But I bet any problem associated with the Griz makes your day. xrolleyesxShould I have start another "griz in trouble" thread? Seems redundant at this point.

DuckDuckGriz
July 23rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Should I have start another "griz in trouble" thread? Seems redundant at this point.

Well to be honest, yes.

BTW has Kenneth Mackins punched anyone lately?

Take all the cheap shots you want. They change nothing about what happens on the field every year xcoffeex

CopperCat
July 23rd, 2007, 07:56 PM
Should I have start another "griz in trouble" thread? Seems redundant at this point.

Come on man! Just let that stuff go for a bit and talk about the players on your team that received some kudos (or SHOULD have).

I don't really know why our D hasn't had as much respect the past two years. If you watch some film from the last few games of the season, you gonna see some flyin' around the field that you won't find some other places around the country. Daly is a BEAST, he reminds me at times of Kane Ioane, who in his day WAS a BSC 1st teamer. Somebody has an agenda, and it doesn't involve MSU.

But MSU has an agenda, and that involves winning, both in the classroom, and on the field. And if both of those happen, I say who cares about the damn list.xnodx

laxVik
July 23rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Come on man! Just let that stuff go for a bit and talk about the players on your team that received some kudos (or SHOULD have).

I don't really know why our D hasn't had as much respect the past two years. If you watch some film from the last few games of the season, you gonna see some flyin' around the field that you won't find some other places around the country. Daly is a BEAST, he reminds me at times of Kane Ioane, who in his day WAS a BSC 1st teamer. Somebody has an agenda, and it doesn't involve MSU.

But MSU has an agenda, and that involves winning, both in the classroom, and on the field. And if both of those happen, I say who cares about the damn list.xnodx

Should be an interesting year in the BSC. Montana's an obvious #1 but the rest is really up for grabs. I'll be curious to see if Weber improves with their new QB. As well as MSU under Ash. And PSU - I'm more of a Davis than Glanville fan, so I can agree to some of the annoying Glanville personality traits. Regardless I am curious to see what Mouse will do with complete control of the O. Should be some interesting new wrinkles here and there.

ncbears
July 23rd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Just scroll down a bit, to see the list in today's blog.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

Pretty good job by the folks over at DD.com, but Jimmy Barnes the #1 QB in the Big Sky already xnonox

Also, Lex Hilliard of Montana should be healthy and he should be a no-brainer as the first team RB.....They should've added the Oklahoma transfer to the OL group over Gable and why so many Sac State defenders? xwhistlex

Jake Gable deserves the spot. Quinn may never see the field if he doesn't mature and grow up.

CopperCat
July 23rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Should be an interesting year in the BSC. Montana's an obvious #1 but the rest is really up for grabs. I'll be curious to see if Weber improves with their new QB. As well as MSU under Ash. And PSU - I'm more of a Davis than Glanville fan, so I can agree to some of the annoying Glanville personality traits. Regardless I am curious to see what Mouse will do with complete control of the O. Should be some interesting new wrinkles here and there.

I am also curious about this guy. He definitely shouldn't be on the preseason list, but he certainly merits attention.

I got to thinking about the list and who should be first team for QB. Some interesting things came to mind. PSU had two QB's play last year due to injury, so they don't have one that really sticks out (although White WILL be good). Bergquist shouldn't be on the list, as Swogger was the man last year. MSU kind of has a say in the matter with Rolovich, but I wouldn't put him on the list even as a cat fan. Pizarro is good, but not good enough IMO of course. ISU got nobody, as does Sac. NAU lost Murietta, so their guy is totally new to the scene. EWU got somebody? I can't even remember the guy's name:o (help me out here EWU fans, and make your case too). UNC......is UNC, I hate to say (they need all-around improvement, not just at QB).

WHO IS BSC 1ST TEAM QB?!?!?!? Legitimately of course.

ncbears
July 23rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
UNC......is UNC, I hate to say (they need all-around improvement, not just at QB).

Tuff words coming from a fan of a team that beat us by 3 points. I'm looking foward to going up on the boobcats 2-1 (since our move up)

catbob
July 23rd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Also wasn't there Heatherington at ISU and Pizarro at Weber? Not to mention Sawyer Smith at PSU...

Damn the BSC was loaded at QB.

Hetherington could toss the pigskin, thats for sure.

But granted none of those guys (except Ochs) were heard of before they broke out, so we shall see. We have no proven stars yet, but I think Berquist could be pretty good, Rolovich now has Jonathan Beasley and Jim Svoboda to learn from, Barnes could be the next Ochs, Brian White showed glimpses last year. We could have some starts come seasons end.

catbob
July 23rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
Tuff words coming from a fan of a team that beat us by 3 points. I'm looking foward to going up on the boobcats 2-1 (since our move up)

No offense to UNC, but the Cats were notorious for playing to the level of our competition. We could beat ranked teams, and eek by DII teams (or even lose!). I'm hoping that this was a Kramer thing, and that Ash can make us more consistent. Not to mention UNC was playing for a fallen ex-teammate that day. They played their hearts out, and the events after the game were inspirational.

CatFan22
July 23rd, 2007, 10:51 PM

If you are going to talk shi*, don't butcher the spelling of a word as bad as that.
Not to mention you lost the game anyway. With which you have no room to talk anyway.

CopperCat
July 23rd, 2007, 10:56 PM

Have fun with our d-fence.xnodx

And actually, we beat you by ten. It just so happens that a ref made a really incredibly STUPID call ruling a catch in the end zone no good.

I think there was another TD called back for another stupid reason.....BUT, winning is winning. Ask the current NC about that.....:D

I Bleed Purple
July 23rd, 2007, 11:26 PM
If Barnes ends up living to the billing that site gave him, Weber will be no worse than 2nd in the conference.

CatFan22
July 23rd, 2007, 11:30 PM
Barnes is big and slow. I see him getting sacked numerous times by our suffocating D. xbowx xnodx xcoolx

ncbears
July 23rd, 2007, 11:40 PM
No offense to UNC, but the Cats were notorious for playing to the level of our competition. We could beat ranked teams, and eek by DII teams (or even lose!). I'm hoping that this was a Kramer thing, and that Ash can make us more consistent. Not to mention UNC was playing for a fallen ex-teammate that day. They played their hearts out, and the events after the game were inspirational.

I heard the events after the game and was impressed with Cat fans and thought you were very classy. I don't anymore.

xcoffeex

ncbears
July 23rd, 2007, 11:41 PM
Have fun with our d-fence.xnodx

And actually, we beat you by ten. It just so happens that a ref made a really incredibly STUPID call ruling a catch in the end zone no good.

I think there was another TD called back for another stupid reason.....BUT, winning is winning. Ask the current NC about that.....:D

Eveyone who was on the field that saw that play said it was a good call, including your coach.

Grizalltheway
July 24th, 2007, 12:00 AM

Even tougher talk coming from the fan of a team who one 1 game last year, and doesn't look much better this year. Didn't you say you were looking forward to beating the Griz this year, too? xrolleyesx

DuckDuckGriz
July 24th, 2007, 12:07 AM
If Barnes ends up living to the billing that site gave him, Weber will be no worse than 2nd in the conference.

Oh come on does he play o-line, runningback, defense and special teams too? xrolleyesx

CatFan22
July 24th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Eveyone who was on the field that saw that play said it was a good call, including your coach.

Kramer said that sarcastically and so that he wouldn't get a fine or a suspension. He knew that call was BS and so did everyone in the stands. All the UNC fans will argue different and that is obvious.

I Bleed Purple
July 24th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Oh come on does he play o-line, runningback, defense and special teams too? xrolleyesx

Weber State always has good O-Line. We have a stud RB. We have the best returner in the league. We have a faster defense than last year (provided, not as skilled). We lost a lot of games last year because of bad QB play. If Barnes, or any one of the five QBs we have become all team first, then the statement stands.

CopperCat
July 24th, 2007, 08:15 AM

That play happened right in front of me, and it was a TD, pure and simple. Everybody around me said the same thing.

ncbears
July 24th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Even tougher talk coming from the fan of a team who one 1 game last year, and doesn't look much better this year. Didn't you say you were looking forward to beating the Griz this year, too? xrolleyesx

I don't think we'll beat the griz, but I do think we'll beat the boobcats.

We'll be an extremely young team and I think we'll struggle with depth on d-line but hopefully I am wrong because we'll have a very good defensive backfield.

cats2506
July 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM
That play happened right in front of me, and it was a TD, pure and simple. Everybody around me said the same thing.

I have that game on tape, the ref that made the call and changed the other refs call couldent even see the catch, both players backs were to him. The ref that origionaly called it a catch was the one that could see the play. The tape shows that it was a terrible call.

Coaches are not alowed to comment on officials, suspension if the do.

Even given that, UNC still lost

Smendy
July 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Weber State always has good O-Line. We have a stud RB. We have the best returner in the league. We have a faster defense than last year (provided, not as skilled). We lost a lot of games last year because of bad QB play. If Barnes, or any one of the five QBs we have become all team first, then the statement stands.

Come to think of it, purple, if Draft Daddy did not add Lex Hilliard due to the injury (which they note), I think they should've gone with Trevyn Smith at running back. He looks like he can be a great player in the Big Sky Conference ....That's just my xtwocentsx

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=177143

already123
July 24th, 2007, 06:41 PM
So I guess to be all conference, all you have to do is transfer....

CopperCat
July 24th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I don't think we'll beat the griz, but I do think we'll beat the boobcats.

We'll be an extremely young team and I think we'll struggle with depth on d-line but hopefully I am wrong because we'll have a very good defensive backfield.

I keep some crow on hand after that game, bcuz you will be eating it.......