PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article from Maize n Brew (Michigan Website)

Mountaineer2825
July 23rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
http://www.maizenbrew.com/story/2007/7/13/123723/242

Here's an article I found about the upcoming Appalachian State/Michigan game on Sept. 1st.

His critique is actually fair and gives us the credit we deserve, despite the size of our school and how little they know about us Mountain boys.

PapaBear
July 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
His critique is actually fair and gives us the credit we deserve

Not sure I agree with this. He spends most of his space talking about ASU's successes at the FCS/I-AA level, and then he says, "Um, it's going to be ugly."

Translation: "Yeah, these guys are real good in that lower-level division. But we'll eat their lunch."

If someome made a prediction like that about Maine, I'd consider it the height of disrespect, and I'd want to eviscerate him and feed him his entrails.

Mountaineer2825
July 23rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Not sure I agree with this. He spends most of his space talking about ASU's successes at the FCS/I-AA level, and then he says, "Um, it's going to be ugly."

Translation: "Yeah, these guys are real good in that lower-level division. But we'll eat their lunch."

If someome made a prediction like that about Maine, I'd considerate the height of disrespect, and I'd want to eviscerate him and feed him his entrails.

Good point, but at the same time he does explain how we're no stranger to I-A competition and how well we've played against those teams in the past.

HiHiYikas
July 23rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
Not an awful writeup. Typical nomenclature misuse (I feel like a humongous nerd for saying that)...but a decent attempt from a Michigan fan to write about a team they've never played before and probably won't play again. Some good-natured ribbing, but I would think that any Michigan fan that reads this will learn some interesting things about ASU.

Looks like he did his homework, what with all the links to goasu.com and mountaineer illustrated. He's in tune with a lot of folks around here who have already said something like "ASU will make it a game for about 2 quarters..."

When he says it's going to be ugly, he clarifies that it won't look good for UM whether they win big, win close, or lose. One way or the other, they come out looking less-than-great.

I love that this is basically a drinking site with a football problem. Hazard County is not in NC. Then again, Wilkes County NC is the moonshine capital of the world.

Personally, I'd suggest a nice Cottonwood Endo IPA...

SoCon48
July 24th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I think the boy brings up some good points. ASU has a few question marks to address before we attempt a championship run.
If the answer to these question marks turn out to be positive, a 3 peat is not out of the question.

GoGuins
July 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Michigan fan's dreamhttp://www.umgoblue.com/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13914

OL FU
July 24th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Michigan fan's dreamhttp://www.umgoblue.com/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13914

ASU fan's dream. Michigan fan's nightmarexnodx

GoGuins
July 24th, 2007, 12:28 PM
ASU fan's dream. Michigan fan's nightmarexnodx

You got that right. If ASU does somehow pull the upset (gulp), I'll change my avatar and signature to ASU for the rest of 2007

PMB4Life
July 24th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I kind of got the impression that this guy was a couple of columns away from writing "Boom goes the dynamite." While semi-informative, this guy is clearly in love with his own writing style and is way too influenced by the sensationalism that you would find at ESPN. You're witty. We get it. Move on.

laxVik
July 24th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I guess winning 2 nat'l championships gives you delusions of grandeur.

Mountaineer
July 24th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I guess winning 2 nat'l championships gives you delusions of grandeur.

A little bit, I guess. But hey, rock on Portland State - let's see if you guys can average over 8,000 fans this year in a city of 500k. ;)

laxVik
July 24th, 2007, 01:28 PM
A little bit, I guess. But hey, rock on Portland State - let's see if you guys can average over 8,000 fans this year in a city of 500k. ;)Ha. Funny. Ok. But simply put these Mich-ASU threads are laughable given that most, if not all ASU fans, feel they're the second coming. One gem of a quote was "No way Mich scores 28 against our DL".

I just may use that as my signature. The day after the game of course. The lot of you here are delusional in regards to winning the game. Wishful thinking's one thing. Ignorance another.