PDA

View Full Version : How's NAUs QB situation developing?

Jacks76
July 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
I haven't heard who would be named the starter as of yet. Is Lance still 1st string, or has Sean Norton caught up?

Paul

Smendy
July 23rd, 2007, 02:52 PM
I haven't heard who would be named the starter as of yet. Is Lance still 1st string, or has Sean Norton caught up?

Paul

That's a good question, I though I read in another thread here at AGS that Norton left NAU (not sure if this is true), which shocked me....I'd like to have answer to the same question, Jacks.

Jacks76
July 23rd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Er, Norton left NAU?

Paul

Smendy
July 23rd, 2007, 04:07 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. I know I read in a thread a few weeks ago that a former FBS QB quit at his new school before he even practiced -- I thought it was Norton. But maybe it was mis-imformation, or perhaps I'm wrong?

Edit: Just found a link -- he left

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2007/07/12/news/sports/20070712_sports_47.txt

Jacks76
July 23rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
That's truly a shame. Norton had lots of promise. I hope that Lance wins the starting job.

Paul

already123
July 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM
It would be hard for any QB to come in this late and steal the job...especially when Kriesien apparently had it in the first place.

Jacks should be more than OK though...

JALMOND
July 25th, 2007, 02:10 AM
It would be hard for any QB to come in this late and steal the job...especially when Kriesien apparently had it in the first place.

Jacks should be more than OK though...

OK? It seems you were putting a lot of stock on Norton having a breakout year, leading the Jacks to the conference title. A little bit of homer bias?

already123
July 25th, 2007, 03:03 AM
No, not me. I guess I was never on the "Norton-express" band-wagon. I've seen the two compete in practice-both good, but Kriesien had the 1-up IMO. I think our offense is good enough to simply ask the QB to not LOSE the game (ex. Montana). Its the defensive side of the ball that will determine the fate of this team

Gorilla89
July 25th, 2007, 07:36 AM
No, not me. I guess I was never on the "Norton-express" band-wagon. I've seen the two compete in practice-both good, but Kriesien had the 1-up IMO. I think our offense is good enough to simply ask the QB to not LOSE the game (ex. Montana). Its the defensive side of the ball that will determine the fate of this team

Time to call Keeth. I'll drag it out of him.xnodx xnodx