View Full Version : SOUTHLAND Pick'em 3/27ish/2021

Daytripper
March 22nd, 2021, 10:34 AM
Short slate of games this week in the Southland:

Incarnate Word @ Nicholls

Northwestern St. @ Lamar

Daytripper
March 22nd, 2021, 10:54 AM
Incarnate Word @ Nicholls - Can UIW win two in a row against good teams? - I think so.

Northwestern St. @ Lamar - Lamar will bounce back from that embarrassing loss.

Raven Maniac
March 22nd, 2021, 11:12 AM
UIW, Nicholls is done for the year
Northwestern, Lamar is done for the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McNeese72
March 22nd, 2021, 11:27 AM

Northwestern St. @ Lamar

Open Date U. @McNeese​

Doc

SpreadTheWord
March 22nd, 2021, 01:35 PM
I'll take UIW (I am a little biased...) and Northwestern State (3 close losses and I see them breaking through to get the W this week).

Katfan
March 22nd, 2021, 01:50 PM
Nicholls
Lamar

McNeese75
March 22nd, 2021, 02:19 PM
Northwestern St. @ Lamar

Daytripper
March 22nd, 2021, 02:27 PM
This is a big game for UIW. I currently have them on the cusp of the top ten in the AGS poll. If they win here they will break into that elite category.

SHSU90
March 22nd, 2021, 02:31 PM
IW and Lamar
Interesting that NW has Saturday game then turns around on short week to play SHSU on April 1st Thursday Night

SpreadTheWord
March 22nd, 2021, 02:42 PM
This is a big game for UIW. I currently have them on the cusp of the top ten in the AGS poll. If they win here they will break into that elite category.

Nicholls is currently on a 4-game win streak against us so hopefully we're due. The key to victory will be our defense coming up with some big stops and hopefully forcing some turnovers. Thibodaux is a tough place to play.

caribbeanhen
March 22nd, 2021, 03:11 PM

I have Incarnate Word at number 8 this week and it’s all because of Cameron Ward

SpreadTheWord
March 22nd, 2021, 03:42 PM
I have Incarnate Word at number 8 this week and it’s all because of Cameron Ward

That kid is an absolute stud. I can't wait to see what his future holds. Also, our RB Kevin Brown is averaging 14.0 yards per carry on 36 carries this season. The strength and conditioning coaches have done a tremendous job of building up our offensive line, too. This is the strongest and fastest we've ever been.

caribbeanhen
March 22nd, 2021, 04:20 PM
That kid is an absolute stud. I can't wait to see what his future holds. Also, our RB Kevin Brown is averaging 14.0 yards per carry on 36 carries this season. The strength and conditioning coaches have done a tremendous job of building up our offensive line, too. This is the strongest and fastest we've ever been.

FBS

Enjoy your spring season

Daytripper
March 22nd, 2021, 04:49 PM
IW and Lamar
Interesting that NW has Saturday game then turns around on short week to play SHSU on April 1st Thursday Night

Why you wanna go and use my avatar? :D

When I scroll and see your post I think it is mine and maybe I was drunk and didn't remember posting it.... You are making my life difficult. xeyebrowx

bonarae
March 22nd, 2021, 05:25 PM
UIW
Demons

BEAR
March 22nd, 2021, 06:07 PM
FBS

Enjoy your spring season

I was thinking the same thing. He’s good enough to go FBS this fall. Don’t see him staying with the transfer rules now.

Puddin Tane
March 22nd, 2021, 08:58 PM
Nicholls---UIW has no D , is Gums healthy? he's a beast. Only carried ball 4 times vs Sammie
Lamar----We shall bore them into submission with our flex bone/ wing t/ jr. high offensively offensive offense.
When they doze off....BAM!

Katfan
March 22nd, 2021, 09:12 PM
I want to see hoe UIW run game does against Nicholls defense!

Puddin Tane
March 22nd, 2021, 10:57 PM
I want to see hoe UIW run game does against Nicholls defense!

they don’t need to run. They have 8 guys open every play. Love their offense

SpreadTheWord
March 23rd, 2021, 10:19 AM
FBS

Enjoy your spring season

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3ornk6UHtk276vLtkY/200.gif

OhioHen
March 23rd, 2021, 11:04 AM
Cardinals to win both

caribbeanhen
March 23rd, 2021, 02:01 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/3ornk6UHtk276vLtkY/200.gif

I know the feeling..... all of FCS has to feel this way with our great players with these new transfer rules.....

Daytripper
March 23rd, 2021, 04:44 PM
they don’t need to run. They have 8 guys open every play. Love their offense

Reminds me of the Longo/Briscoe offense we used to run. It's great until it isn't .

Raven Maniac
March 23rd, 2021, 05:29 PM
Reminds me of the Longo/Briscoe offense we used to run. It's great until it isn't .

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210323/c869a4fdcb608a47a1de94a4b62b6652.jpg

caribbeanhen
March 23rd, 2021, 06:31 PM
Incarnate Word = think everyone is taking IW because of that stinging loss Nicholls had at Sammy, but dont be surprised when they win this game

Northwestern St. - Lamar can win this game

McCowboys
March 23rd, 2021, 07:15 PM
Cardinals to win both

Birds of a feather....

Daytripper
March 23rd, 2021, 08:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210323/c869a4fdcb608a47a1de94a4b62b6652.jpg

We were referring to the UIW offense.

Raven Maniac
March 23rd, 2021, 09:10 PM
We were referring to the UIW offense.

Just an FYI

lionsrking2
March 23rd, 2021, 09:23 PM
Nicholls over UIW
Flip coin/Lamar over NW State

SHSU90
March 24th, 2021, 08:03 AM
Why you wanna go and use my avatar? :D

When I scroll and see your post I think it is mine and maybe I was drunk and didn't remember posting it.... You are making my life difficult. xeyebrowx

Just look at the post count and you will be golden

Puddin Tane
March 24th, 2021, 12:55 PM
true with all offenses.

I swear they had 15 guys on offense against us. 7 wr downfield and always had someone sneaking out in the flats.

like sammie, they scored at will against our young birds, but we moved the ball and ate up the clock vs them.

Im curious to see how UIW's young stud does against somebody that gets pressure on him.

Katfan
March 24th, 2021, 01:51 PM
true with all offenses.

I swear they had 15 guys on offense against us. 7 wr downfield and always had someone sneaking out in the flats.

like sammie, they scored at will against our young birds, but we moved the ball and ate up the clock vs them.

Im curious to see how UIW's young stud does against somebody that gets pressure on him.
Maybe Nichols will put some pressure on him this weekend

lionsrking2
March 24th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Maybe Nichols will put some pressure on him this weekend

I think Nicholls will. We are down three starters and a couple of backups on the D-line due to injury so we weren't able to get much front four pressure after the first few series — and we didn't blitz much until we got a few scores behind. UIW has good skill players and a difficult scheme to defend but they aren't great up front. If you have the personnel to affect the QB, you can slow them down. We just turned the ball over and got hit with a 3 minute avalanche right before the half and the first possession of the third quarter. If we had all our dudes, I think it would have been a different outcome. We also played without our No. 1, 2, and 4 WRs and starting left tackle. But they are a good football team and the QB is the real deal.

Katfan
March 24th, 2021, 05:29 PM
I think Nicholls will. We are down three starters and a couple of backups on the D-line due to injury so we weren't able to get much front four pressure after the first few series — and we didn't blitz much until we got a few scores behind. UIW has good skill players and a difficult scheme to defend but they aren't great up front. If you have the personnel to affect the QB, you can slow them down. We just turned the ball over and got hit with a 3 minute avalanche right before the half and the first possession of the third quarter. If we had all our dudes, I think it would have been a different outcome. We also played without our No. 1, 2, and 4 WRs and starting left tackle. But they are a good football team and the QB is the real deal.
I think they’re good but until I see them play someone with a healthy line I have questions. I think Nichols will test them. I think our line will destroy them but time will tell. They are definitely much better and their qb will be great for awhile

lionsrking2
March 24th, 2021, 05:49 PM
I think they’re good but until I see them play someone with a healthy line I have questions. I think Nichols will test them. I think our line will destroy them but time will tell. They are definitely much better and their qb will be great for awhile
I agree with that. UIW is very talented in spots but Nicholls matches up well and Sam will dominate them up front.

Puddin Tane
March 28th, 2021, 12:21 AM
Man...NW sux

lionsrking2
March 28th, 2021, 12:37 AM
Man...NW sux

They look like they shut it down.

Puddin Tane
March 28th, 2021, 01:08 AM
They look like they shut it down.

Their qbs were turrible

lionsrking2
March 28th, 2021, 01:24 AM
Their qbs were turrible

I agree. They actually have pretty good personnel in spots but the inability to string together any kind of consistent passing attack is too much for them to overcome. You guys are getting better.