PDA

View Full Version : Party School

HensRock
August 23rd, 2005, 11:31 AM
The Annual Princeton Review of College Rankings (http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/rankings/rankings.asp?adcode=16269) is out. And Lehigh is the #3 Party school in the land! xprost2x

Party School:
#1 Wisconsin-Madison
#2 Ohio University
#3 Lehigh University
#4 UCal-Santa Barbara
#5 SUNY Albany

Other I-AA's of note:
Lots of beer:
UNH (#5)

Major Frat & Sorority Scene:
Wofford College (#4)
Elon (#5)

Toughest to get into:
#1 MIT
#2 Yale
#3 Princeton
#4 Harvard

Best Library:
#1 Harvard
#2 Princeton

Long Lines and Red Tape:
#3 UMass

Happiest Students:
#1 Stanford
#2 Whitman College
#3 Brown
#4 SMU
#5 Rhodes College

Election? What election?
#1 Idaho
#2 Mercer U.
#3 Rose-Hulman
#4 Worcester Polytech
#5 University of Delaware

bluehenbillk
August 23rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
Oh, what the kids at Lehigh will do with mommy & daddy's money. There's a reason they didn't get into the Ivies.

JMU Duke Dog
August 23rd, 2005, 12:08 PM
Also from the 2006 Princeton Review:

Great Campus Food xcoffeex
#6 James Madison University

JMU keeps moving up on the list for its campus food. JMU was 11th in 2005 and 18th in 2004.

LUHawker
August 23rd, 2005, 02:18 PM
Oh, what the kids at Lehigh will do with mommy & daddy's money. There's a reason they didn't get into the Ivies.

Your jealousy is thinly veiled! ;)

bluehenbillk
August 23rd, 2005, 02:19 PM
Isn't it true that 78% of LU students were denied admission to Ivy League schools. At least money can buy the not-as-smart some things.

colgate13
August 23rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Isn't it true that 78% of LU students were denied admission to Ivy League schools. At least money can buy the not-as-smart some things.

oh c'mon, you can't really believe that! I doubt 78% of Lehigh students applied to an Ivy. I'm sure it's a high percentage, but not that high.

RichH
August 23rd, 2005, 03:28 PM
The real shame is that we used to be #1. How we have allowed ourselves to fall to #3 is disgraceful. I do not understand what is wrong with this younger generation.

bluehenbillk
August 23rd, 2005, 03:38 PM
The Cleary Act probably had a little to do with it.

89Hen
August 23rd, 2005, 03:39 PM
oh c'mon, you can't really believe that! I doubt 78% of Lehigh students applied to an Ivy. I'm sure it's a high percentage, but not that high.
Agreed. Only 50% were turned down by Ivy League, the other 28% were turned down by Allentown Community College.

blukeys
August 23rd, 2005, 06:46 PM
Agreed. Only 50% were turned down by Ivy League, the other 28% were turned down by Allentown Community College.

100% are turned down by those legendary Allentown and Bethlehem hotties every Friday Night. ;) ;)

Marcus Garvey
August 23rd, 2005, 08:51 PM

LMAO... Regardless of whether or not it's true that 78% of Lehigh students were reject by Ivy schools, that perception remains. Growing up in Bethlehem, it was always assumed by the locals that most of the kids at Lehigh had chips on their shoulders due to the rejection letters from Princeton and Cornell!

Cap'n Cat
August 23rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
LMAO... Regardless of whether or not it's true that 78% of Lehigh students were reject by Ivy schools, that perception remains. Growing up in Bethlehem, it was always assumed by the locals that most of the kids at Lehigh had chips on their shoulders due to the rejection letters from Princeton and Cornell!

Same thing for Western Illinois and Youngstown Staters rejected by UNI.

:eek:

Green Cookie Monster
August 23rd, 2005, 09:46 PM
Tx. State has a great party atmosphere. :cool:

ngineer
August 23rd, 2005, 11:35 PM

That adage had some legs years ago. Today, a very high number of students have schools like Lehigh, Lafayette, Colgate and Bucknell as their top choices. The reasons are varied (size, location, specific area of study, etc), but the old adage of Ivy Wannabees doesn't fit for a lot of students. When I played, our captain picked Lehigh over Yale. Was a defensive lineman who went on to become a doctor.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 24th, 2005, 12:03 AM
That adage had some legs years ago. Today, a very high number of students have schools like Lehigh, Lafayette, Colgate and Bucknell as their top choices. The reasons are varied (size, location, specific area of study, etc), but the old adage of Ivy Wannabees doesn't fit for a lot of students. When I played, our captain picked Lehigh over Yale. Was a defensive lineman who went on to become a doctor.

I know a few people that go to Lehigh and most of them were hardly Ivy rejects. In fact i believe that outta 7 or 8 people i know only 3 applied to an Ivy League school and those who did had very little interest in going. THe number one reason was it being too "stuffy" and egotistical. They wanted to go to a very good school without having to deal with the Ivy elitest attitude. To be honest with you even if i could have went to HYP there's zero chance i'd have gone. The elitest attitude would have drove me crazy and i most likely would have knocked out the first person who thought they had all the answers. I've been to a few social gatherings at UPenn and they seem to be a little more balanced socially as well as academically. Can't say the same about Princeton.

colgate13
August 24th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Lehigh sounds much like Colgate. It's not full of Ivy rejects but rather kids looking for what Colgate has to offer. Cornell and Dartmouth are our biggest Ivy overlaps (common accepts) and while a higher percentage choose Ivy over Colgate, we're closing in on 50/50 with both of them.

Pard94
August 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM
I got into Dartmouth. I didn't end up going there because I didn't want to go to NH.

I am now going on my 11th year as a proud Granite Stater! It's amazing how the influence of a good woman can change one's mind.

Also got into Brown...I didn't go there because Brown football was abyssmal at the time.

May I be the first to say that I would have been accpeted at neither (or Lafayette for that matter) if not for football!

PCOBRA
August 24th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Same thing for Western Illinois and Youngstown Staters rejected by UNI.

:eek:

Nice one Cap'n.....just not true! 80% of WIU students are from Chicago.....and they have no clue where Iowa is :D

UNH 1999
August 24th, 2005, 01:16 PM
UNH #5 in beer consumption? Looks like's we're slipping a bit in that department. I may have to make an alumni donation to the house this homecoming to move us back towards the top. :D

I am surprised we weren't ranked in the hard liquor category... with our state liquor store conveniently located off all major highways...