PDA

View Full Version : 10 Montana St. Games Televised

GOKATS
July 20th, 2007, 05:22 PM
MaxMedia will provide statewide coverage of 5 home games and 2 away games. KPAX (Missoula) will provide statewide coverage of the Cat/griz game in Bozeman. Altitude (Denver) will televise the MSU/Weber State game @ WSU on 9/22 and the Idaho St. @ MSU game on 9/29. Altude is available nationwide on DirecTV and Dish and multi-state regionally on cable. The only MSU game that won't be televised is the opener @ Texas A&M.

DaGriz
July 20th, 2007, 06:30 PM
MaxMedia will provide statewide coverage of 5 home games and 2 away games. KPAX (Missoula) will provide statewide coverage of the Cat/griz game in Bozeman. Altitude (Denver) will televise the MSU/Weber State game @ WSU on 9/22 and the Idaho St. @ MSU game on 9/29. Altude is available nationwide on DirecTV and Dish and multi-state regionally on cable. The only MSU game that won't be televised is the opener @ Texas A&M.

I wish Altitude would do Griz games. I hate KPAX. Will ESPN gameplan pick up the A&M game?

GOKATS
July 20th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I wish Altitude would do Griz games. I hate KPAX. Will ESPN gameplan pick up the A&M game?

Probably the only thing keeping Altitude from doing a couple griz games is KPAX having an exclusive contract (and yes, KPAX really sucks).

According to A&M fans posting on BN there will be no television coverage of the game.

biobengal
July 20th, 2007, 07:23 PM

That is great; things will also look good if you are a Bengal fan, ISU will have 5 televised games. IMO, UNC should get credit for increasing BSC exposure.

Fox Sports Northwest
Sept. 15 - Idaho State at Oregon State, 3:35 p.m.

Altitude Sports & Entertainment
Sept. 29 - Idaho State at Montana State, 1:35 p.m.
Oct. 6 - Northern Colorado at Idaho State, 2:05 p.m.
Nov. 3 - Idaho State at Weber State, 1:35 p.m.

Nov. 10 - Montana at Idaho State, 3:05 p.m.

GOKATS
July 20th, 2007, 08:47 PM
That is great; things will also look good if you are a Bengal fan, ISU will have 5 televised games. IMO, UNC should get credit for increasing BSC exposure.

Fox Sports Northwest

Is the UM game on Altitude a recent addition? The BSC tv schedule was just released a few days ago at the meeting in Ogden.

"Altitude’s coverage begins on Sept. 22 with Montana State’s game at Weber State.
Altitude will televise the Idaho State-Montana State game the following Saturday, followed by Northern Colorado’s contest at Idaho State on Oct. 6. Altitude will also show the Weber State-Idaho State rivalry game from Ogden, Utah on Nov. 3."

CopperCat
July 20th, 2007, 10:24 PM
10 games is awesome. There are plenty of teams that don't even have half that many on TV. I certainly appreciate what MSU has done to go out and get some contracts done with the TV stations.

DuckDuckGriz
July 21st, 2007, 12:32 PM

Anything but KPAX is better. It's literally as if you step back in time when you watch a game on there. The picture often even looks like it's in black and white, and if there is any play fake or play action - good luck finding the ball on the screen because the cameraman sure as hell won't know what's going on xrolleyesx

TheBisonator
July 21st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Anything but KPAX is better. It's literally as if you step back in time when you watch a game on there. The picture often even looks like it's in black and white, and if there is any play fake or play action - good luck finding the ball on the screen because the cameraman sure as hell won't know what's going on xrolleyesx

WDAY (and North Dakota ABC) is even worse. Looks like something out of the 1970's. Thank God that North Dakota NBC (KVLY) is about to replace ABC as the NDSU TV carrier. The production is a lot better on NBC here.

CopperCat
July 21st, 2007, 06:02 PM

Not to mention the announcers....xrolleyesx

GOKATS
July 21st, 2007, 06:53 PM

Yea, but Jorgenson isn't at KPAX anymore- I think he went to do NDSU games- sorry Bison fans, if you were lacking a gaga homeboy you've got one now. xnodx

Tod
July 21st, 2007, 07:12 PM
I actually enjoy the KPAX televised games. My only issues are with the lousy equipment (if the game moves into or out of the shade, you got no idea what's happening for far too long) and, like somebody else said, a fake play of any kind totally fools the cameraman.

But I've enjoyed the coverage. It might be because I've been stationed away and it's more of a "home" thing, even if it's lousy. xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
July 21st, 2007, 08:45 PM

Very true. Haven't really had a good one since Grayson Davis left. Tom Katz was even bad

"And he.......will have a .........touchdown!!!.....oh.............my gosh......................what a...........................play....."

th0m
July 22nd, 2007, 01:25 AM

KPAX? Are you serious? xlolx

Or am I the only one finding this funny :o

NoCoDanny
July 22nd, 2007, 01:42 AM

Fox Sports Northwest

Oh dude you're going to get ripped a new one on here. Don't you know UNC can't get credit for anything. It's the company line.

mvemjsunpx
July 22nd, 2007, 02:10 AM
Very true. Haven't really had a good one since Grayson Davis left.

Wait, you're seriously saying Grayson Davis was good?

Seriously!?

Well, he might have been better if he actually opened his teeth when he talked