PDA

View Full Version : FCS Game of the Week (3/20ish/2021)

Daytripper
March 14th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Well, there seem to be lot of decent teams out there. A couple have stood out more than others but it seems like "parity" is the best word to describe the season so far. There were some good matchups that got left out....it's okay to to come at me if you are dissatisfied with the options.

Daytripper
March 14th, 2021, 09:32 PM
The Richmond v. JMU matchup is at JMU. Sorry about that.

dewey
March 14th, 2021, 09:58 PM
Easy for me. Top 5 UND at North Dakota State. Too bad there is a capacity limit. This could/should be really loud.

Go Bison!

Dewey

SDFS
March 14th, 2021, 10:31 PM
SIU vs SDSU is a top 10 match up also

Preferred Walk-On
March 14th, 2021, 10:54 PM

This would be my vote. If either loses, they are in the same boat as UNI (2 losses).

I voted for UND @ NDSU; however, if UND loses, they still control their playoff destiny. If NDSU loses, same boat at UNI and SIU/SDSU. Then s**t gets real.

SUPharmacist
March 15th, 2021, 07:24 AM
UND@NDSU.

Even with NDSU looking mediocre and the strangeness of the spring season, this is a big game for UND to show they are legit and that they truly have arrived in the valley. Conversely, if NDSU pulls it out I can keep my hopes alive that the Bison are still king and many around the country (the press, not ags members) will still believe it.

I love the chance as a fan to **** on UND, and claim you will never get past us. For UND fans it would have to be sweet to come to the Fargodome your first year in the valley and all but lock up a playoff spot.

Bisonator
March 15th, 2021, 07:47 AM
These should all be excellent games. I gotta go with the North Dakota championship game. Will UND continue to roll? Is NDSU's reign over? We'll soon find out.

nodak651
March 15th, 2021, 11:26 AM
UND@NDSU.

Even with NDSU looking mediocre and the strangeness of the spring season, this is a big game for UND to show they are legit and that they truly have arrived in the valley. Conversely, if NDSU pulls it out I can keep my hopes alive that the Bison are still king and many around the country (the press, not ags members) will still believe it.

I love the chance as a fan to **** on UND, and claim you will never get past us. For UND fans it would have to be sweet to come to the Fargodome your first year in the valley and all but lock up a playoff spot.

Not to mention it would severely hurt NDSU's post season chances. It will be really interesting to see how Cam plays, and he could end up being the difference maker since UND has been doing well in getting to the QB. Woulda been nice having a statue back there... but maybe with Cam being so young, he may end up running too much? Will he stay in the pocket and take a hit, or will he just take off and run? Hard to see UND winning after NDSU's dominance the past decade. This game should be on ESPN but neither coach is Deion Sanders.

Professor Chaos
March 15th, 2021, 11:58 AM
This game should be on ESPN but neither coach is Deion Sanders.
Pretty damn close though!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51040231472_ef2e319d60_b.jpg

POD Knows
March 15th, 2021, 12:12 PM
I got Richmond at JMU, JMU hasn't played anybody yet so this might be a test and maybe Richmond is a surprise, I put them in my poll this week.

UND is going to blow NDSU out of the water the way SIU did.

skinny_uncle
March 15th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Would have gotten my vote, although the North Dakota game could be interesting.

KPSUL
March 15th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Not even a close call. In addition to being an in-state rivalry, UND @ NDSU has big playoff and seeding implications. It is the game of the regular season - at least up to this point.

gokat89
March 18th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Dont forget about these games too....

#12 Delaware @ #20 New Hampshire
#6 S Dakota St @ #5 S Illinois

Should be a good weekend for FCS football.

KPSUL
March 18th, 2021, 04:03 PM
Dont forget about these games too....

#12 Delaware @ #20 New Hampshire
#6 S Dakota St @ #5 S Illinois

Should be a good weekend for FCS football.

Unfortunately we do have to forget about the Delaware @ New Hampshire game due to the dreaded Covid Protocol cancellation.

gokat89
March 19th, 2021, 06:46 AM
Unfortunately we do have to forget about the Delaware @ New Hampshire game due to the dreaded Covid Protocol cancellation.

I wasnt aware of that.. geez... xdontknowx

UNDColorado
March 19th, 2021, 08:16 AM
Pretty damn close though!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51040231472_ef2e319d60_b.jpg

I'm no QB coach but Entz needs some serious work on his throwing form :D

Chalupa Batman
March 19th, 2021, 08:40 AM
I'm no QB coach but Entz needs some serious work on his throwing form :D

Looks more like Entz is doing the Macarena than throwing a football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEAR
March 19th, 2021, 02:34 PM
No. 6 South Dakota State at No. 5 Southern Illinois