PDA

View Full Version : YSU Football Implodes

Paladin1aa
March 11th, 2021, 12:01 PM
Just announced today that starting DE Antoine Cook entered the NCAA Transfer Portal after 3 games, all of which he started. He also started last season as well. He becomes the 3rd starter to transfer out joining starting TE Miles Joiner and LB Ray Anderson. Also second leading rusher returning RB Braxton Chapman and back up RB Jaylen Hewitt also transferred out. All are Bozo Pelini recruits. Joiner and Chapman are joining Northern Illinois and Anderson to Southern Univ. Cook, while not announcing his new school, was considered to have Pro potential and will have 2 years eligibility left.

Rumors are flying that there are more transfers leaving. Given the weak overall roster, this adds to the mess that is YSU.

ysubigred
March 11th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Good. Weeding out all the ****heads that don't want to be there. More schollies for blue collar football players. Next man up..

https://media4.giphy.com/media/ybSRoU6nGp2hdE1uUp/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7d766yzj7dsc86n8akcdrrf0spyvp jafx1cukqevt&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Paladin1aa
March 11th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Actually, Red, it’s the good ones who are leaving. They already have lots of “ blue collar” players left, many of whom aren’t any good. That’s a common refrain for idiots in the area who wish the good OL’ days were here. The program has slipped badly and isn’t going anywhere.

And you heard it here first - the coach is a loser, poor recruiter and he has the job because of his low salary. YSU got what they paid for. He won’t last long. Major losing dead ahead.

caribbeanhen
March 11th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Any of your boys remember Disco Lou Mariani?

Sitting Bull
March 11th, 2021, 02:02 PM
Headline seems a bit over dramatic

ysubigred
March 11th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Actually, Red, it’s the good ones who are leaving. They already have lots of “ blue collar” players left, many of whom aren’t any good. That’s a common refrain for idiots in the area who wish the good OL’ days were here. The program has slipped badly and isn’t going anywhere.

And you heard it here first - the coach is a loser, poor recruiter and he has the job because of his low salary. YSU got what they paid for. He won’t last long. Major losing dead ahead.I appreciate your humble opinion but If they're bozos recruits they are no good in your assessments over the last few years. Not sure if you'd be satisfied if Saban was at the Y recruiting and coaching [emoji848]

Can't have it both ways..

I agree Y-town is DOA for anything sports.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 11th, 2021, 02:49 PM

Yeah, as someone who likes to see YSU succeed I thought the 'Guins had a "budget" issue, major suspensions/infractions which immediately had me nervous etc. Perhaps a purge is good?

Paladin1aa
March 11th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Saban I would live with,lol. You got to see the guy in action. Former Principal, former Superintendent. Limited coaching experience and always a position coach. Never a HC or coordinator. YSU hired him cheap. No desire here to win, AD is a loser and the athletic dept is a shell. Wolf was the only decent recruiter for the last 20 years and it shows.

SDSU will destroy them this weekend.

caribbeanhen
March 11th, 2021, 03:47 PM
Any of your boys remember Disco Lou Mariani?

How old were you studs in 1979?

Paladin1aa
March 11th, 2021, 03:59 PM
So who was/is Mariani?

ysubigred
March 11th, 2021, 04:14 PM
How old were you studs in 1979?16

skinny_uncle
March 11th, 2021, 06:09 PM
I thought the thread was going to be about their second half against SIU.

ysubigred
March 11th, 2021, 06:32 PM
I thought the thread was going to be about their second half against SIU.I don't think YSU has played 4 good quarters in 20 years or so...

caribbeanhen
March 11th, 2021, 06:55 PM
So who was/is Mariani?

Disco Lou was a legendary RB for the Delaware Bluehens and probably still infamous in Newark today for his off the field adventures

It was a cold November day back in 1979 and the Hens traveled out west to Youngstown for the final regular season game

Youngstown with QB Snoddy jumped out quick and were leading the game 31 to 7 at the half, I was listening on the radio and was to stubborn to turn it off knowing the Hens were going to come back.... well in third quarter the ole Wing T got cranked up and Disco Lou was breaking off huge chunks of yardage and sparked the Hens to a big comeback win.... Final was 51 45 Delaware

a few weeks later they met again for the Div 2 Championship game in New Mexico also known as the Zia bowl...... you guys know what happend..... 38-21 Delaware

the glory days

https://margottafuneralhomes.com/tribute/details/857/Louis-Mariani-Jr/obituary.html

https://www.nytimes.com/1979/12/09/archives/delaware-captures-a-crown-low-scoring-at-start.html

https://udspace.udel.edu/bitstream/handle/19716/11777/udr_103_20.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

ysubigred
March 11th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Disco Lou was a legendary RB for the Delaware Bluehens and probably still infamous in Newark today for his off the field adventures

It was a cold November day back in 1979 and the Hens traveled out west to Youngstown for the final regular season game

Youngstown with QB Snoddy jumped out quick and were leading the game 31 to 7 at the half, I was listening on the radio and was to stubborn to turn it off knowing the Hens were going to come back.... well in third quarter the ole Wing T got cranked up and Disco Lou was breaking off huge chunks of yardage and sparked the Hens to a big comeback win.... Final was 51 45 Delaware

a few weeks later they met again for the Div 2 Championship game in New Mexico also known as the Zia bowl...... you guys know what happend..... 38-21 Delaware

the glory days

https://margottafuneralhomes.com/tribute/details/857/Louis-Mariani-Jr/obituary.html

https://www.nytimes.com/1979/12/09/archives/delaware-captures-a-crown-low-scoring-at-start.html

https://udspace.udel.edu/bitstream/handle/19716/11777/udr_103_20.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=yDelaware had YSU'S number back then, kind of like PUNI does now.

caribbeanhen
March 11th, 2021, 07:13 PM
Delaware had YSU'S number back then, kind of like PUNI does now.

I thought you were going to tell me you were at that game Rojo Grande

- - - Updated - - -

Delaware had YSU'S number back then, kind of like PUNI does now.

ST_Lawson
March 11th, 2021, 07:25 PM

Lou Mariani...not to be confused with Lou Marini (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Marini)

ysubigred
March 11th, 2021, 07:32 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I thought you were going to tell me you were at that game Rojo GrandeNope. YSU is 1-6 all time against the chickens.

Paladin1aa
March 12th, 2021, 09:01 PM
While I’m picking SDSU to win in the MVFC pick em contest, I’ll add a projected score -

SDSU 38 - YSU 10 and it could get worse.

ysubigred
March 12th, 2021, 09:03 PM
While I’m picking SDSU to win in the MVFC pick em contest, I’ll add a projected score -

SDSU 38 - YSU 10 and it could get worse.#bookit? Your score is screwed,, YSU and a field goal lol..

Paladin1aa
March 13th, 2021, 07:52 AM
A piece of advice, Red - don’t bet the house on it,lol

ysubigred
March 13th, 2021, 08:55 AM
A piece of advice, Red - don’t bet the house on it,lolI think YSU scoring 12, 2 TDs 2 missed xpoints is more realistic than 10. You've seen our kicker right?