PDA

View Full Version : You guys keep DerbyCityDukes in your prayers...

FormerPokeCenter
March 9th, 2021, 11:20 AM
You guys keep Derby City Dukes in your prayers. As most people know, he's been battling terminal prostate cancer for several years now. He's been pretty open about the fact that his prognosis was not "if" but when. Over the last month, the cancer's spread and he's now entered hospice care. His wife says that he's in fairly intense pain, and having nausea, as the result of tumors at either end of his esophagus. Apparently, this latest turn was incredibly sudden. Over the Holidays, he'd finished a round of chemo and things were looking positive.

You just never know what some people are dealing with on a daily basis and with DCD, none of the posts that I saw would have given any indication that his health was an issue. He's always been a level headed non-nonsense kinda guy.

Please Keep Ken and his family in your prayers.

If you post here, I'll make sure your comments get relayed to his wife, and - hopefully - she's able read them to him. I know that he's made at least one FB post from Hospice, so hopefully he's able to read these...

Thanks!

POD Knows
March 9th, 2021, 11:32 AM
That is terrible, I have never met DCD but he seems like a great guy and a gentlemen, really sorry to hear this, please give him my best.

Schism55
March 9th, 2021, 11:45 AM
Damn, this is sad news. Cancer sucks :(
Prayers up for DCD and his family and friends.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 9th, 2021, 12:02 PM
I'm a huge fan of DCD. I've been able to chat with him in pm's and emails over several topics but he really wanted to be part of the poll here and man I can't tell you how inspiring that guy is to me due to his dedication to be involved and help us all out by giving some opinions and discussion around here. Make sure he knows how much he means to a guy in Missoula, MT that hasn't gotten to meet him in person. I regret that very much.

I tip my cap to you DCD.

Raven Maniac
March 9th, 2021, 12:03 PM
[emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
March 9th, 2021, 12:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. He didn't post here often but was always a great contributor to the conversation when he did. AGS is a better place because of him... prayers to you DerbyCityDuke.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 9th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Ugh....hopefully his final days are peaceful....:(

katss07
March 9th, 2021, 12:31 PM
Very tough to read what he is going through. Don't want to hear that about anyone, but especially not someone who meant a lot to these boards. Thoughts go out to him, his friends and his family.

TheKingpin28
March 9th, 2021, 12:51 PM
I hate reading things like this. DCD seems like an all around great guy. I hope his family knows the AGS family is here to help. We look after our own and I cannot fathom what he or is family is going through.

kdinva
March 9th, 2021, 01:25 PM
So sad, indeed, prayers to the family, I lost my wife to bone cancer 23 months ago.

KPSUL
March 9th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Derby City Dukes is always a pleasure to correspond with here on AGS. His posts have always been intelligent, well-written and fair-minded. He will engage in a bit of good natured, back and forth ribbing, but he's also clearly well intentioned and considerate of of other's opinions. In short, he's simply a gentleman. I can't help but be a little concerned when I don't see posts from some of my favorite AGS members, and that has certainly been the case with Derby City Dukes. It's an understatement to say I wish him and his family all the best - in fact a miracle would be nice right about now!!

caribbeanhen
March 9th, 2021, 02:01 PM
Derby City Duke, you are in my prayers sir

Preferred Walk-On
March 9th, 2021, 02:36 PM
Derby City Dukes is always a pleasure to correspond with here on AGS. His posts have always been intelligent, well-written and fair-minded. He will engage in a bit of good natured, back and forth ribbing, but he's also clearly well intentioned and considerate of of other's opinions. In short, he's simply a gentleman. I can't help but be a little concerned when I don't see posts from some of my favorite AGS members, and that has certainly been the case with Derby City Dukes. It's an understatement to say I wish him and his family all the best - in fact a miracle would be nice right about now!!

I was quite saddened to hear this, and I wish DCD the best possible going forward.

The above sentiment expressed by KPSUL truly epitomizes DCD's participation on this forum, and quite honestly, I looked forward to his responses, because they were always quite thoughtful and not condescending. Yes, truly a gentleman.

ST_Lawson
March 9th, 2021, 02:58 PM
DCD, we're all thinking of you and your family. Stay strong, and I hope to see you back on AGS when you're able.

EKU05
March 9th, 2021, 03:01 PM
From another resident of the Derby City...my prayers are with you, sir! Stay strong!

ElCid
March 9th, 2021, 05:36 PM
DCD is a great poster. Sad to hear of his illness worsening, and I wish him the best. Praying for him and his family.

ysubigred
March 10th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Sad to here. Ken and I worked together at Fort Knox in 2010. One of his coworkers at Fort Knox just passed from Cancer a month ago. I've reached out to Ken in the past and still my offer stands to do anything I can to help.

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
March 10th, 2021, 03:05 PM
DCD is an absolute pleasure to converse with. Keep fighting DCD. You're in my thoughts and prayers

OhioHen
March 11th, 2021, 06:14 AM
Were it not for DCD, the JMU posters would be just another fan base. His contributions have always been appreciated.

Pant8her
March 11th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Please forgive me for offering the following but here it goes. Although I do not know DCD he is well versed in his statements on this forum and in FCS. Here are two prayers that you could say for him.

Prayers for Ken aka DCD,

O God, your compassion is unbounded, and your mercy is endless.
You know what we need before we ask; you understand our anxieties and fears.
Reassure Ken of your love that never ends.
When he is troubled, calm his mind and renew hope within him.
Help him rely upon your strength, trusting you to restore confidence in your never-failing grace.
Grant wisdom and compassion to the doctors and nurses that attend him.
Give his family and friends assurance of your presence and power; through Christ our Lord. Amen

Eternal God,
You knew us before our birth and will know us throughout eternity.
Touch Ken with your grace, and grant him a sense of your abiding presence.
Assure him of our loving presence and of your unfailing care.
In Christ we pray.
Amen

Peace,
Pant8her

Bison56
March 11th, 2021, 09:01 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his loved ones.

Catbooster
March 11th, 2021, 10:54 AM
So sorry to hear this. I've always enjoyed his contributions to this board. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours, DCD.

WestCoastAggie
March 11th, 2021, 12:50 PM
🙏🏿

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 11th, 2021, 02:59 PM
DCD has always been fun to interact with and thoughts and prayers headed his way in this terrible situation.

BEAR
March 11th, 2021, 06:45 PM
Hey Derby! Keep up the good fight! The fall season is fast approaching and we need your insights here buddy!