PDA

View Full Version : Do your students get in for free?

ncbears
August 22nd, 2005, 06:36 PM
Ever since I can remember UNC has never charged students to get into athletic events. They just show student I.D's at the gates. Apperantly this has changed and students will be charged $5 to get in. THIS SUCKS! UNC has enough problems getting the students to the games and now this will only hurt! We really stuggle in that area. I know it's only 5 bucks but to some students that's a lot. What about your schools? Tell me this will work. PLEASE!

ngineer
August 22nd, 2005, 06:39 PM
Lehigh students get into all athletic events with their I.D. Cards. They pay enough as it is :D

Hansel
August 22nd, 2005, 06:46 PM
Gratis

blackfordpu
August 22nd, 2005, 06:48 PM
Sam Houston students got into all home games last season for free. I think we even got into the playoff game with WKU free (maybe it was just discounted). Either way they gave us a break. :)

citdog
August 22nd, 2005, 06:49 PM
mandatory attendance. i bet those lehigh students pay an "athletic fee" included in their tuition.

bobcatfan06
August 22nd, 2005, 07:02 PM
Every student gets in free to every Texas State regular season athletic event. We do pay an athletic fee in the tuition payments too.

TexasTerror
August 22nd, 2005, 07:13 PM
Sam Houston students got into all home games last season for free. I think we even got into the playoff game with WKU free (maybe it was just discounted). Either way they gave us a break. :)

WKU was no free pass for students...

SHSU students pay a student service fee, half of which goes straight to athletic scholarships (nothing else athletics).

colgate13
August 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
mandatory attendance. i bet those lehigh students pay an "athletic fee" included in their tuition.

Colgate's the same way: no charge for anything, and no, there is no specific athletic fee.

EagleCrusade
August 22nd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Ga Southern is free, $5 playoffs,

fall athletic fee is $189 per student. mandatory. so....they have our money whether we go to the game or not.

ISUMatt
August 22nd, 2005, 07:51 PM
Illinois State students buy an all-season pass for $35 and that gets them into all the regular season games they want!!!

SochorField
August 22nd, 2005, 07:55 PM
UC Davis is free w/ ID....but we have ever increasing athletic fees in our tuition (stadium/facilities). Well worth it.

catbob
August 22nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
Free with ID but we have athletic fees in our tuition so it damn well better be free. :)

89rabbit
August 22nd, 2005, 08:26 PM
SDSU free with ID, because every student pays an athletic fee.

ncbears
August 22nd, 2005, 08:53 PM
:hurray: False alarm. Thank God it was just a rumor. I got an email from one of the A.D administrators and it's not true. UNC students still get in free.

McTailGator
August 22nd, 2005, 09:08 PM
Ever since I can remember UNC has never charged students to get into athletic events. They just show student I.D's at the gates. Apperantly this has changed and students will be charged $5 to get in. THIS SUCKS! UNC has enough problems getting the students to the games and now this will only hurt! We really stuggle in that area. I know it's only 5 bucks but to some students that's a lot. What about your schools? Tell me this will work. PLEASE!

McNeese students get in free to all athletic events, unless it's a playoff football games where they have to pay $5.00 due to the NCAA raping us at the gate.

But, they must pick up a (Free) ticket at the campus bookstore by 5:PM on Fridays. Otherwise they must pay for a ticket like anyone else on Saturday.

This frees up the ticket office for Saturday sales.

CosmoVixen24
August 22nd, 2005, 10:01 PM
Our students have to pay for football games, but not any other regular season sporting event. If you get seaons tickets, it totals to $5 a ticket, and if not, I think it's a lot more. We also pay an athletic fee as well, but I assume it's because we just started our program.

kats89
August 22nd, 2005, 10:56 PM

Yes the students get in for free with ID during regular season, but there are NO free tickets during the playoffs. I think students had to pay $5 or something, but not more than that I don't think.

JaxSinfonian
August 22nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
JSU: Just Show Up (with your student ID).

No athletic fees, either.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2005, 12:29 AM
Temple even gives their students free tickets to all home games should they actually want to go. The games i've been to as a student have been mostly to see the other team. Seeing Miami in 2002 was pretty cool and even better since it was free.

th0m
August 23rd, 2005, 05:54 AM
At JMU you show your card and get in for free. For the standard sell-out games such as Homecoming and Parent's Weekend you have to pick up tickets at the ticket office, but they're still free if you show your card. At least that's how it was when I was there. Haven't had a home playoff game yet so couldn't tell ya ;)

JMU Duke Dog
August 23rd, 2005, 08:36 AM
At JMU you show your card and get in for free. For the standard sell-out games such as Homecoming and Parent's Weekend you have to pick up tickets at the ticket office, but they're still free if you show your card. At least that's how it was when I was there. Haven't had a home playoff game yet so couldn't tell ya ;)

During last year's playoff road run to the championship game, out of his own pocket JMU's president Dr. Rose subsidized some of the full-cost tickets to the W&M game to students so they would only pay the same as the sold out student tickets due to the high demand.

th0m
August 23rd, 2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah that was pretty cool. Hopefully if we make the playoffs this year, we'll have a home game :)

TxSt02
August 23rd, 2005, 11:46 AM
WKU was no free pass for students...

SHSU students pay a student service fee, half of which goes straight to athletic scholarships (nothing else athletics).

and no couch potatoe section...

LBPop
August 23rd, 2005, 04:14 PM
I don't know whether Georgetown charges the students, since mine gets in for free. ;)

Best I can tell, a large portion of the student body thinks everything is free at Georgetown. At least, it has been for them. :rolleyes: :D :(