PDA

View Full Version : KatFans.com Power-Wash Bowers Stadium

TexasTerror
July 16th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Just wanted to take the time to thank those from KatFans.com that stepped up and power-washed Bowers Stadium. The stadium needed to be power-washed and students, alumni and friends of SHSU affiliated through KatFans.com stepped up to the plate to do their part.

Not only did they power-wash Bowers Stadium, an individual or two stayed a bit longer to power-wash the attached fieldhouse known as the Ron Mafrige Field House. This saved the athletic department a good share of money and made the stadium look much better!

This is not the first project for KatFans.com, who worked diligently last season to get a blow-up helmet for the Bearkat football team to run through.

The fans of KatFans.com hope to do other projects in the future, we'll see what's in store. I'll post before and after pictures when they are made available...

Great job guys!

Bearkats94
July 16th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Just wanted to take the time to thank those from KatFans.com that stepped up and power-washed Bowers Stadium. The stadium needed to be power-washed and students, alumni and friends of SHSU affiliated through KatFans.com stepped up to the plate to do their part.

Not only did they power-wash Bowers Stadium, an individual or two stayed a bit longer to power-wash the attached fieldhouse known as the Ron Mafrige Field House. This saved the athletic department a good share of money and made the stadium look much better!

This is not the first project for KatFans.com, who worked diligently last season to get a blow-up helmet for the Bearkat football team to run through.

The fans of KatFans.com hope to do other projects in the future, we'll see what's in store. I'll post before and after pictures when they are made available...

Great job guys!

No we didn't do the fieldhouse. Even though I wanted to but we would have needed I bucket truck to get to some places. I can honestly said we have the hardest works I have ever worked with as a team effort. And a very big thanks to Kats86 for going back up there today and finishing it. If you eve need anything powerwash just call Kats86xsmiley_wix.

Tod
July 16th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Hey, that's great! Can't wait to see the pics. I love that stadium! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

I mean, never been there, but have seen many pics. :)

douglasdmb
July 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Wow. Nothing says "fan support" like people getting out there and using their hands to help out the athletic department. Good work, KatFans.com xthumbsupx

th0m
July 17th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Amazing support. Very good initiative and also good to know your AD is responsive to these kind of things.

TexasTerror
July 17th, 2007, 06:17 AM
No we didn't do the fieldhouse. Even though I wanted to but we would have needed I bucket truck to get to some places.

Thought Kats86 said he did the fieldhouse himself on KatFans.com, finishing at 2:30 PM on Monday...

Bearkats94
July 17th, 2007, 08:04 AM
No I was just giving him a hard time about it needed washing to.

patssle
July 17th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Amazing support. Very good initiative and also good to know your AD is responsive to these kind of things.

Our AD is great. We have the most successful athletic program in the SLC at the moment, and we don't have nearly the budget or enrollment that other schools have.

Bearkats94
July 17th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Well here are some pictures of before and after.

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5598

patssle
July 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
also hoping for before the season is to have the walls painted along the field. the track is also going to be repainted.

Go...gate
July 17th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Amazing how much better a structure works after it has been power-washed. Great job by you guys.

gokats85
July 17th, 2007, 10:56 AM
A few of us found out just how old and out of shape we are after doing this! I don't want to look at another pressure washer for a loooooonnng time, so washing the siding on our house will wait....until next week when my wife pesters the H*LL out of me to go and get it done!:D xrotatehx :D xrotatehx

A BIG shout-out and THANK YOU goes to Kats86 and Kats89 for finishing up the stadium yesterday morning(we ran out of daylight and fuel with one-half of a section left to go on Sunday), but especially Kats86 for washing down the fieldhouse. I think the man is "bionic"!

89Hen
July 17th, 2007, 11:21 AM
This is very cool. Is it a Southland thing? The McNeese fans cleaned and painted The Hole a couple years back. xthumbsupx

patssle
July 17th, 2007, 11:59 AM
with the humidity in the south, it certainly helps mold grow quicker.

McNeese72
July 17th, 2007, 04:28 PM
This is very cool. Is it a Southland thing? The McNeese fans cleaned and painted The Hole a couple years back. xthumbsupx

Remember it well. I was one of the three Amigos (four if you count Geauxpokes) who organized the thing. I think I spent most of the weekends that summer at the stadium. Our pressure washer job was a little different than theirs as with our stadium the underneath is exposed and we had to pressure wash all that concrete underneath,also. Took a lot of time, pressure washers, and man lifts to get it done.

We painted all the walls of the stadium, the outside and inside of all the buildings, and installed new partitions in a lot of the restrooms.

Doc

McNeese72
July 17th, 2007, 04:30 PM
we don't have nearly the budget or enrollment that other schools have.

I think all of the Louisiana SLC schools would have an argument with that statement, especially the budget part of it.

Doc

patssle
July 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I think all of the Louisiana SLC schools would have an argument with that statement, especially the budget part of it.

Doc

Yeah thats true..I meant for our Texas counterparts. Lousiana schools can't really compete for overall athletic department success because of funding.

Texas schools were the top 6 schools in the SLC this past year.

katstrapper
July 19th, 2007, 06:03 AM
My back will be sore for weeks.

McTailGator
July 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Remember it well. I was one of the three Amigos (four if you count Geauxpokes) who organized the thing. I think I spent most of the weekends that summer at the stadium. Our pressure washer job was a little different than theirs as with our stadium the underneath is exposed and we had to pressure wash all that concrete underneath,also. Took a lot of time, pressure washers, and man lifts to get it done.

We painted all the walls of the stadium, the outside and inside of all the buildings, and installed new partitions in a lot of the restrooms.

Doc

I still hurt. :(

Seriously though, we should probably discuss another PTS project after the season so that the old parts of "The Hole" looks as good as the new Turf, the new retaining walls, and the new fieldhouse.

That way the entire place will look good.

I'd also like to see us raise money to get rid of the old chainlink fence and relace it with ornimental Iron fence. And build some new gate entrances. Drove by the stadium today, those old entrances will look like crap once the fieldhouse is in place.

McNeese72
July 19th, 2007, 03:03 PM

Seriously though, we should probably discuss another PTS project after the season so that the old parts of "The Hole" looks as good as the new Turf, the new retaining walls, and the new fieldhouse.

I'd also like to see us raise money to get rid of the old chainlink fence and relace it with ornimental Iron fence. And build some new gate entrances. Drove by the stadium today, those old entrances will look like crap once the fieldhouse is in place.

I re-uploaded some pictures. Here are some links to some memories:

PTS Page One (http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/pts021.asp)

PTS Page Two (http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/pts022.asp)

PTS Page Three (http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/pts023.asp)

PTS Before and After (http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/pts02b&a.asp)

Doc

patssle
July 19th, 2007, 03:12 PM
wow, you guys had the university president and women show up to yours. all we had was katfans males.

McNeese72
July 19th, 2007, 03:32 PM

Hey, Greg, the Athletic Department is partially reading your mind. Did you see the press release today? They are taking volunteers to pressure wash (just the inside this time not the underneath) the stadium and volunteers to paint (probably just the stadium and not all the restrooms, etc.) on Saturday, August 4th.

Doc

McTailGator
July 19th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Hey, Greg, the Athletic Department is partially reading your mind. Did you see the press release today? They are taking volunteers to pressure wash (just the inside this time not the underneath) the stadium and volunteers to paint (probably just the stadium and not all the restrooms, etc.) on Saturday, August 4th.

Doc

I'll be there.

It's not clear, which date?