March 1st, 2021, 04:47 PM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/polls.asp?div=fcs

TheKingpin28
March 1st, 2021, 07:36 PM
Hot garbage. Just pure hot garbage.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Schism55
March 1st, 2021, 07:56 PM
Voting in our poll, I know this was a brutal week to pick a top 25...but how in the F do you have UNI ahead of SDSU?!?

POD Knows
March 1st, 2021, 08:14 PM
Voting in our poll, I know this was a brutal week to pick a top 25...but how in the F do you have UNI ahead of SDSU?!?How do you have UNI over UND?

caribbeanhen
March 1st, 2021, 08:37 PM
Watch out for Sammy, their primed for a championship run

POD Knows
March 1st, 2021, 08:39 PM
Watch out for Sammy, their primed for a championship runSamford?

caribbeanhen
March 1st, 2021, 09:08 PM
Samford?

Nope not them... Sam Houston State was the best team I saw on Saturday .... they owe you one but I don't know if the Bison will do their part to set up this re-match

dewey
March 1st, 2021, 09:12 PM
How do you have UNI over UND?

Agreed. UND has 2 quality wins and UNI has 0. Heck I think SIU should be above UNI.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
March 1st, 2021, 09:14 PM
Agreed. UND has 2 quality wins and UNI has 0. Heck I think SIU should be above UNI.

Dewey

I was considering putting North Dakota at numero uno but dropped them down a bit, I have seen both of thier games and they are very solid

POD Knows
March 1st, 2021, 09:14 PM
Nope not them... Sam Houston State was the best team I saw on Saturday .... they owe you one but I don't know if the Bison will do their part to set up this re-matchThey barely beat SELA, and I was kidding, I knew what you meant. SHSU almost always disappoints.

caribbeanhen
March 1st, 2021, 09:22 PM
They barely beat SELA, and I was kidding, I knew what you meant. SHSU almost always disappoints.

SELA is pretty good.... beat Villanova in the playoffs last year, the QB is a gunslinger and better talent at skill positions than the Bison....... problem with them is the Defense I think.... Southland Conference is good ... do they still call it that? Nicholls State is real good, I Word is a sleeper with that QB

hell, I get it..... I know you were just kidding, this is not some butt hurt millennial here

POD Knows
March 1st, 2021, 09:28 PM
SELA is pretty good.... beat Villanova in the playoffs last year, the QB is a gunslinger and better talent at skill positions than the Bison....... problem with them is the Defense I think.... Southland Conference is good ... do they still call it that? Nicholls State is real good, I Word is a sleeper with that QB

hell, I get it..... I know you were just kidding, this is not some butt hurt millennial hereI got 4 SLC teams in my top 25 but I just took a look at my email confirmation on my poll and noticed a mistake/omission on mine, oh well, still shell shocked from this past Saturday I guess. I had listed my top 30 on a spreadsheet and missed my #8 and pulled the rest one slot up, ****.

caribbeanhen
March 1st, 2021, 09:33 PM
I got 4 SLC teams in my top 25 but I just took a look at my email confirmation on my poll and noticed a mistake/omission on mine, oh well, still shell shocked from this past Saturday I guess. I had listed my top 30 on a spreadsheet and missed my #8 and pulled the rest one slot up, ****.

I did something similar last year and Ursus or one of his towel boys caught it... kind of embarrassing but not as embarrassing as not using a spread sheet to put this thing together....

KPSUL
March 1st, 2021, 09:36 PM
Considering the two wins they have early in the season, I don't see how any team besides North Dakota could be ranked #1 this week.

caribbeanhen
March 1st, 2021, 09:42 PM
Considering the two wins they have early in the season, I don't see how any team besides North Dakota could be ranked #1 this week.

I agree but don't think they will be

lionsrking2
March 1st, 2021, 11:00 PM

hell, I get it..... I know you were just kidding, this is not some butt hurt millennial here

Our entire projected starting D-line is out for the spring and we lost another one on the first play Saturday. May get one or two back by the last couple of games, but likely not. We'll get better as the spring goes and will be loaded on D in the fall. Sam Houston is really good. We'll be seeing them again.

Cocky
March 2nd, 2021, 07:02 AM
Could the state of North Dakota handle ND winning the NC?

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2021, 07:41 AM
Could the state of North Dakota handle ND winning the NC?In hockey, yes.

dewey
March 2nd, 2021, 07:43 AM
In hockey, yes.

Agreed. It is still very early in the season.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
March 2nd, 2021, 08:16 AM

They looked great in their two home games, let’s see how they look when they go out on the road

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2021, 08:21 AM
Agreed. It is still very early in the season.

Dewey

My poll hurt. Seeing GFCC above NDSU pained me.

caribbeanhen
March 2nd, 2021, 08:27 AM
My poll hurt. Seeing GFCC above NDSU pained me.

Stay off the pain meds whatever you do

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2021, 08:50 AM
Stay off the pain meds whatever you doThat's why I got the Jack.

Bisonator
March 2nd, 2021, 09:14 AM

https://64.media.tumblr.com/22fa6be8bf27460ceabbf469dfdfe21a/tumblr_n41u76Ej2k1qln00mo1_400.gifv

Serpentor
March 2nd, 2021, 09:39 AM
I'm just here for the gnashing of teeth.

JSUSoutherner
March 2nd, 2021, 10:27 AM
Hot garbage. Just pure hot garbage.

Agreed. NDSU is about 10+ spots too high.

POD Knows
March 2nd, 2021, 10:30 AM
Agreed. NDSU is about 10+ spots too high.Yea, that has been acknowledged dickweed. I got them at 15 in my poll and that is probably too high.

HootyHoo
March 2nd, 2021, 10:31 AM
Is there a rule that KSU cannot be ranked higher than North Dakota State?

POD Knows
March 2nd, 2021, 10:33 AM
Is there a rule that KSU cannot be ranked higher than North Dakota State?Nope, they are ranked higher in my poll and I bet KSU is going to be higher than NDSU in the AGS poll as well.

Daytripper
March 2nd, 2021, 12:22 PM
Yea, that has been acknowledged dickweed. I got them at 15 in my poll and that is probably too high.

I think I put them at 14. But, I have a feeling they will end the season very near the top. #BookIt

- - - Updated - - -

The rule is that you have to beat good teams to be ranked higher than other good teams.

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2021, 12:38 PM
Agreed. NDSU is about 10+ spots too high.I posted elsewhere but anywhere from 5-15 is where they belong. Anyone that has SIU and GFCC lower than NDSU has some explaining to do.

JSUSoutherner
March 2nd, 2021, 02:07 PM
I posted elsewhere but anywhere from 5-15 is where they belong. Anyone that has SIU and GFCC lower than NDSU has some explaining to do.

No way in actual hell the team I watched get dump trucked on Saturday is worthy of a top 10 ranking.

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2021, 03:45 PM
No way in actual hell the team I watched get dump trucked on Saturday is worthy of a top 10 ranking.Just remember, SIU gave up 5 turnovers to UND. Honestly, I dont think there are 10 teams worthy of being ranked but it's literally a dart board after the 2nd week of football.

For me, as long as it's some combo of JMU, SIU, GFCC, and Weber up top, the next 10 can all be a lottery and it would be hard to argue against it. I'll say this, keeping UNI/SDSU/NDSU apart from each other would be hard to argue against and I believe that if you have one team at 7, the others have to be close to it and if you have one team at 12, the others have to be close to that.

POD Knows
March 2nd, 2021, 03:57 PM
No way in actual hell the team I watched get dump trucked on Saturday is worthy of a top 10 ranking.Says, the guy whose teams are continuously overrated and are more often than not, completely irrelevant.

Preferred Walk-On
March 2nd, 2021, 04:06 PM
Just remember, SIU gave up 5 turnovers to UND. Honestly, I dont think there are 10 teams worthy of being ranked but it's literally a dart board after the 2nd week of football.

For me, as long as it's some combo of JMU, SIU, GFCC, and Weber up top, the next 10 can all be a lottery and it would be hard to argue against it. I'll say this, keeping UNI/SDSU/NDSU apart from each other would be hard to argue against and I believe that if you have one team at 7, the others have to be close to it and if you have one team at 12, the others have to be close to that.

I don't know if they "gave up" 5 turnovers to UND. I watched that game, and there is often a reason why teams "win" the turnover battle...they tend to be pretty good. Of course some teams have a bad day, and SIU did not have play as well against UND as well as they did against NDSU. However, UND played well two weeks in a row, and they deserve credit for that. The interesting question will be if they continue to play well, and they will get the chance to prove it with six Valley games left, including one with a team that is remarkably still ranked higher than them in the STATS poll.

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2021, 06:44 PM
I don't know if they "gave up" 5 turnovers to UND. I watched that game, and there is often a reason why teams "win" the turnover battle...they tend to be pretty good. Of course some teams have a bad day, and SIU did not have play as well against UND as well as they did against NDSU. However, UND played well two weeks in a row, and they deserve credit for that. The interesting question will be if they continue to play well, and they will get the chance to prove it with six Valley games left, including one with a team that is remarkably still ranked higher than them in the STATS poll.They have a good run defense and the QB play of SIU has been bad for awhile. I believe GFCC has the chance to prove themselves finally. It's going to be interesting but I see the way SIU played at home against NDSU and how they played their first game on the road and giving up those turnovers. I believe, if they can remove those turnovers and played at home, the game would have been way closer.

I look forward to seeing how they play the next few weeks but they are looking at a seed, and potentially the 1 seed if they win out.

Preferred Walk-On
March 2nd, 2021, 08:09 PM
They have a good run defense and the QB play of SIU has been bad for awhile. I believe GFCC has the chance to prove themselves finally. It's going to be interesting but I see the way SIU played at home against NDSU and how they played their first game on the road and giving up those turnovers. I believe, if they can remove those turnovers and played at home, the game would have been way closer.

I look forward to seeing how they play the next few weeks but they are looking at a seed, and potentially the 1 seed if they win out.

If the SIU team that played NDSU had shown up against UND, I agree that would have been a very competitive game. The remaining schedule appears favorable for UND, and to their credit, they took care of business against their first two opponents who appear to represent the top of the MVFC.

They'll need help to get a 1 seed, due to JMU and Weber cred/bias (that has rightfully been earned), but it is possible. However, UND needs to avoid a head-scratching loss that has brought down other teams in the past decade trying to stay with the Bison for the conference title. They also need to beat the Bison to do this, and although the Bison and the Hawks look like teams with two different trajectories at this point in the season, a lot can happen in three weeks.

It will be real interesting to see how UNI, SDSU, and SIU shake out. SIU has both UNI and SDSU at their house, so at this point, I would give them a slight edge. However, it would not be an MVFC season if UNI and SDSU did not have something to say about that. I have to mention, because it all depends on how they respond, but it is very likely that NDSU is also going to have a lot to say about the finish to the season. I will not rule them out as contenders for the conference title until it actually happens.

For those with Bison fatigue, s*** just got interesting.

KPSUL
March 2nd, 2021, 10:08 PM
If the SIU team that played NDSU had shown up against UND, I agree that would have been a very competitive game. The remaining schedule appears favorable for UND, and to their credit, they took care of business against their first two opponents who appear to represent the top of the MVFC.

They'll need help to get a 1 seed, due to JMU and Weber cred/bias (that has rightfully been earned), but it is possible. However, UND needs to avoid a head-scratching loss that has brought down other teams in the past decade trying to stay with the Bison for the conference title. They also need to beat the Bison to do this, and although the Bison and the Hawks look like teams with two different trajectories at this point in the season, a lot can happen in three weeks.

It will be real interesting to see how UNI, SDSU, and SIU shake out. SIU has both UNI and SDSU at their house, so at this point, I would give them a slight edge. However, it would not be an MVFC season if UNI and SDSU did not have something to say about that. I have to mention, because it all depends on how they respond, but it is very likely that NDSU is also going to have a lot to say about the finish to the season. I will not rule them out as contenders for the conference title until it actually happens.

For those with Bison fatigue, s*** just got interesting.

JMU and Weber have Spring 2021 schedules that seem like a smoothly paved right-of-way to a conference auto-bid and an undefeated regular season. JMU has already played and defeated two perennially weak OOC opponents and due to the weird misalignment of the conference (7 teams in the north, 4 in the south) their upcoming conference schedule has to be the easiest in CAA history - they play 3 of the currently weakest teams in the conference each twice. With the Montana teams opting out and EWU not on the Weber schedule, the Wildcats play none of the usually strong B-Sky teams. The one team they have already beaten handily on the road, comes to Ogden, UT for a second meeting later in the season. If an undefeated JMU or Weber St. were to beat out any one loss MVFC team for a #1 seed, it would be a travesty.

KPSUL
March 2nd, 2021, 10:16 PM

Jeez, enough with the Rodney Dangerfield thing already!

F'N Hawks
March 2nd, 2021, 10:40 PM
UND will hope to go 6-2 this spring if all games are played. Not a very good road team.

Preferred Walk-On
March 3rd, 2021, 07:35 AM
JMU and Weber have Spring 2021 schedules that seem like a smoothly paved right-of-way to a conference auto-bid and an undefeated regular season. JMU has already played and defeated two perennially weak OOC opponents and due to the weird misalignment of the conference (7 teams in the north, 4 in the south) their upcoming conference schedule has to be the easiest in CAA history - they play 3 of the currently weakest teams in the conference each twice. With the Montana teams opting out and EWU not on the Weber schedule, the Wildcats play none of the usually strong B-Sky teams. The one team they have already beaten handily on the road, comes to Ogden, UT for a second meeting later in the season. If an undefeated JMU or Weber St. were to beat out any one loss MVFC team for a #1 seed, it would be a travesty.

I 100% agree with your assessment, but you and I both know that is not how it works.

UNDColorado
March 3rd, 2021, 08:06 AM
Is there a roster or list of who votes in the Stats poll? I'm curious to see who these geniuses are that put UNI over SDSU and UND. UND still has a lot to prove but if we are looking at the first two games then UNO should not be there.

caribbeanhen
March 3rd, 2021, 08:26 AM
Is there a roster or list of who votes in the Stats poll? I'm curious to see who these geniuses are that put UNI over SDSU and UND. UND still has a lot to prove but if we are looking at the first two games then UNO should not be there.

All the voters are listed at the bottom of the poll

Redbird 4th & short
March 3rd, 2021, 08:35 AM
This spring season amounts to a really good developmental opportunity for resumption of "no more excuses" fall 2021 season. Knock on wood, very limited serious injuries this spring.

But however it goes, and whoever wins the Natty will forever go down with asterisks .. pandemic interruption, pandemic departures, shortened season, not all teams and conferences participating, sun was in my eyes the entire game ... wait, that was our Petrino MoST canceled game I was thinking of ... but you get the idea.

Overcoming these obstacles to win will be impressive and a definite accomplishment worthy of big time kudos and bragging rights. But this won't make it reflective of anything significant, until it is proven over a period of time.

Yes, I'm making excuses for my ISUr and others, but that doesn't it make it bad excuses .. too many things happened, most of which were/are outside anyone's immediate control.

That said, whoever does well should be roundly congratulated .. they will have overcome many hurdles to get there.

UNDColorado
March 3rd, 2021, 09:01 AM
Thank you!

JSUSoutherner
March 3rd, 2021, 10:15 AM
Says, the guy whose teams are continuously overrated and are more often than not, completely irrelevant.

Oh no, I must have struck one of your super sensitive nerves.

Daytripper
March 3rd, 2021, 10:24 AM
This spring season amounts to a really good developmental opportunity for resumption of "no more excuses" fall 2021 season. Knock on wood, very limited serious injuries this spring.

But however it goes, and whoever wins the Natty will forever go down with asterisks .. pandemic interruption, pandemic departures, shortened season, not all teams and conferences participating, sun was in my eyes the entire game ... wait, that was our Petrino MoST canceled game I was thinking of ... but you get the idea.

Overcoming these obstacles to win will be impressive and a definite accomplishment worthy of big time kudos and bragging rights. But this won't make it reflective of anything significant, until it is proven over a period of time.

Yes, I'm making excuses for my ISUr and others, but that doesn't it make it bad excuses .. too many things happened, most of which were/are outside anyone's immediate control.

That said, whoever does well should be roundly congratulated .. they will have overcome many hurdles to get there.

No asterisks for me. Let the players, coaches and fans enjoy their success without diminishing it.

POD Knows
March 3rd, 2021, 10:47 AM
Oh no, I must have struck one of your super sensitive nerves.How did you guys do in the playoffs in 2019, I forget.

JSUSoutherner
March 3rd, 2021, 11:02 AM
How did you guys do in the playoffs in 2019, I forget.

I'm loving how your only retort is "I know you are but what am I."

It's really a good refresher on why I don't waste my time here anymore.

KPSUL
March 3rd, 2021, 11:04 AM
I'm loving how your only retort is "I know you are but what am I."

It's really a good refresher on why I don't waste my time here anymore.

And it only took you 14,000 posts to come to that conclusion!

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 3rd, 2021, 11:18 AM
How did you guys do in the playoffs in 2019, I forget.

Have no idea how JSU did 2019 but will never forget how they did in 2018xnodxxthumbsupx

lionsrking2
March 3rd, 2021, 12:22 PM

Spring counts just like any other season and there will be no asterisks. A championship is a championship — whoever wins it, will be the reigning/defending national champs in the fall. Period.

BEAR
March 3rd, 2021, 12:56 PM
Schools that opted to play games in the fall will have their results considered in the selection process for the spring championship field.

Woah. I had no idea! UCA isn't planning on playing in the playoffs but cool anyways!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2021-02-09/how-2020-21-fcs-football-season-will-work

POD Knows
March 3rd, 2021, 01:46 PM
Have no idea how JSU did 2019 but will never forget how they did in 2018xnodxxthumbsupxI don't think they made the playoffs in 2019. I was kind of hoping you guys would drop a hundo on JSU in2018, got better than half ways there if I remember correctly. :D

VandalBasher
March 3rd, 2021, 03:16 PM
https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings

http://www.fcs.football/fcsfront.asp

I really don't like having the Vandals ranked in any poll higher than #20 until after game 3. I am ok with still trailing EWU in the polls until after game 3. A lot can still happen.

Go Vandals

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 3rd, 2021, 07:53 PM
I don't think they made the playoffs in 2019. I was kind of hoping you guys would drop a hundo on JSU in2018, got better than half ways there if I remember correctly. :D

You made me check the score, remembered it was over at half, 42-14 and final was 55-27. Probably one of our most dominating big games ever. Some nice redemption as JSU came out on danced on our M pregame. Alot of our kids tryed to psyche out JSU by not wearing shirts pregame as so much was made of the southernors playing in the cold of Maine. Will never forget the JSU band playing against our band and the matching suits and red derbies was pretty impressive by JSU as well. Just one of those special days you never forget.

caribbeanhen
March 3rd, 2021, 07:58 PM
You made me check the score, remembered it was over at half, 42-14 and final was 55-27. Probably one of our most dominating big games ever. Some nice redemption as JSU came out on danced on our M pregame. Alot of our kids tryed to psyche out JSU by not wearing shirts pregame as so much was made of the southernors playing in the cold of Maine. Will never forget the JSU band playing against our band and the matching suits and red derbies was pretty impressive by JSU as well. Just one of those special days you never forget.

I remember that game, glad a lot of your speedy WRs have graduated? What was his name...... Earnest ?

lionsrking2
March 3rd, 2021, 09:39 PM

They danced on our S before our opener with them in 2019. Didn't go well for them after that.

KPSUL
March 4th, 2021, 07:05 AM
I remember that game, glad a lot of your speedy WRs have graduated? What was his name...... Earnest ?

Earnest Edwards IV. Signed by the Rams as a UDFA last summer, cut prior to the NFL regular season. Sorry to steal your response Central ME BB Fan.

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 4th, 2021, 07:11 AM
I remember that game, glad a lot of your speedy WRs have graduated? What was his name...... Earnest ?Electric Ernie Edwards, definite game changer, especially on punt returns. He graduated 2019. Have some other good WR's Miller the captain has the most experience. Of course we have Randy Moss's boy and some other freshman but no idea how they will perform. Fagnano looked food for 4-5 games he played in 2019. Our biggest concern will be the running game, have a transfer from Rutgers Barnwell who looks to be the #1 RB. Should be a nailbiter so says Massey. How is the Virutal sellout going? If you guys were the pull that one off you have either the best marketing people or the most affluent fans in the world, thought they could have offered free flosports if contributing for the season.

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 4th, 2021, 07:13 AM
They danced on our S before our opener with them in 2019. Didn't go well for them after that.

As a coach wouldn't you realize that pulling that crap is not only poor sportsmanship but really is a motivator for the other team, I am positive it was for us.

caribbeanhen
March 4th, 2021, 08:20 AM
Electric Ernie Edwards, definite game changer, especially on punt returns. He graduated 2019. Have some other good WR's Miller the captain has the most experience. Of course we have Randy Moss's boy and some other freshman but no idea how they will perform. Fagnano looked food for 4-5 games he played in 2019. Our biggest concern will be the running game, have a transfer from Rutgers Barnwell who looks to be the #1 RB. Should be a nailbiter so says Massey. How is the Virutal sellout going? If you guys were the pull that one off you have either the best marketing people or the most affluent fans in the world, thought they could have offered free flosports if contributing for the season.

Edwards that’s right .....was on the tip of my tongue

The head coach is reporting that several key players will be out for this game due covid including some of our starting offensive lineman

Will Knight, The talented freshman running back from 2019 left school back in February
I guess he’s floating around in the transfer portal

LB Colby Reeder, Little brother of Troy Reeder of the NFL Rams, is also out as he was for all of 2019 with a back injury

Lots of unknowns going into this game And it should be a tough physical game and will probably go down to the last minute

Honestly after losing six of our last eight games I’m not sure how anybody has Delaware ranked right now

Obviously being at home is always an advantage and even more so with this Covid mess

As for the Delaware faithful not being allowed into the game despite already renewing their season tickets ...that’s pretty much split for what I can see
some will just let the University keep the money as a donation and some will pursue the refund

Are your boys flying to this game I would hope...and not taking seven buses as you indicated earlier?

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 4th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Edwards that’s right .....was on the tip of my tongue

The head coach is reporting that several key players will be out for this game due covid including some of our starting offensive lineman

Will Knight, The talented freshman running back from 2019 left school back in February
I guess he’s floating around in the transfer portal

LB Colby Reeder, Little brother of Troy Reeder of the NFL Rams, is also out as he was for all of 2019 with a back injury

Lots of unknowns going into this game And it should be a tough physical game and will probably go down to the last minute

Honestly after losing six of our last eight games I’m not sure how anybody has Delaware ranked right now

Obviously being at home is always an advantage and even more so with this Covid mess

As for the Delaware faithful not being allowed into the game despite already renewing their season tickets ...that’s pretty much split for what I can see
some will just let the University keep the money as a donation and some will pursue the refund

Are your boys flying to this game I would hope...and not taking seven buses as you indicated earlier?

Just heard we are flying and taking 5 buses from there. Any idea on the weather, has to be a helluva lot warmer than here, 22F with 20mph wind. Going to be cold in Durham NH for the UNH-Albany game friday, must be some reason they chose to play at night, not sure it is a good onexeyebrowx

KPSUL
March 4th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Just heard we are flying and taking 5 buses from there. Any idea on the weather, has to be a helluva lot warmer than here, 22F with 20mph wind. Going to be cold in Durham NH for the UNH-Albany game friday, must be some reason they chose to play at night, not sure it is a good onexeyebrowx

UNH does a detailed, long-range meteorological analysis and picks the most likely day during the season for the coldest weather and selects it for its one night game!

caribbeanhen
March 4th, 2021, 02:15 PM

Earlier in the week high temp was forecasted at 44° but right now I’m seeing 39, Looks like no rain or snow though

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 5th, 2021, 06:53 AM
UNH does a detailed, long-range meteorological analysis and picks the most likely day during the season for the coldest weather and selects it for its one night game!

I'm guessing the NBCSports Boston had something to do with the Friday nite date. If ever there was a time no fans were allowed tonite is not a bad optionxnodxxdrunkyx