PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Perfection - 2019

ursus arctos horribilis
February 28th, 2021, 06:26 PM
I never posted the list of poll perfection from 2019 as I usually do it just prior to the new season of voting...which of course did not happen for 2020.

But we are getting ready to run a short spring voting season and I wanted to button this up and get all voters badges updated etc. so I spent pretty much all weekend sorting through it all and getting acclimated to it all again. So, I think many of you guys and gals that vote should be very proud of what you have done. The streaks some of you have are truly amazing!

BTW, once you complete a 10th straight season (this spring one will count) there will be a benefit accrued to you that the others will have to reach that goal to attain. I have not completely sorted it out yet but I guarantee it will be worth it.xthumbsupx

Here is a list of very impressive members that are the heart of the best FCS poll out there. I appreciate your work ladies and gents!

Streak

(In Years)

Bisonator

Bison Fan in NW MN

BlueHenSinfonian

bonarae

caribbeanhen

Catatonic

Catbooster

Cocky

da_Bison

Daytripper

Derby City Duke

dewey

Drblankstare

ElCid

ElonFirefighter

Evolution Prime

Fear the Bird

footballer23

FUBeAR

Gangtackle11

Gil Dobie

Go Lehigh TU owl

GoBlueHens83

Hambone

IBleedYellow

JMU2K_DukeDawg

jmufan999

JMUNJ08

kalm

kdinva

KPSUL

LehighU11

MacThor

MarkyMark

Mayville Bison

McCowboys

McNeese75

melloware13

Missingnumber7

MR. CHICKEN

MrTitleist

MTfan4life

mvemjsunpx

NDSU1980

ngineer

OhioHen

Outsider1

PaladinNation

Pant8her

paward

POD Knows

polsongrizz

Preferred Walk-On

Prime Power

Professor Chaos

RabidRabbit

RootinFerDukes

Sammy94

Schism55

SCPALADIN

Scrappy94

smallcollegefbfan

smilo

SonuvaHenx2

Southern Bison

superman7515

TheKingpin28

The Yo Show

Thumper 76

Tribe4SF

UpstateBison

ursus arctos horribilis

If any of you think I have made a mistake and left your name off this list please contact me via pm and I will get to checking my work immediately.

melloware13
February 28th, 2021, 06:40 PM
If I misunderstood I get it, but I thought the preseason poll allowed to make up for one miss. I checked my sheet and I did the preseason and only missed the final for 2019.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 28th, 2021, 06:45 PM
If I misunderstood I get it, but I thought the preseason poll allowed to make up for one miss. I checked my sheet and I did the preseason and only missed the final for 2019.

You are correct. I probably messed that up and this is why I like to post the results up cuz you guys keep me on my toes. I'll go look and fix it if you only missed the final vote you are in like Flynn.

Bisonator
February 28th, 2021, 06:55 PM
You guys who have done this for many years is pretty damn impressive.xbowx

I struggled thru 2019 not sure if I can make another full year but I'll giver a go.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 28th, 2021, 06:59 PM
Any new poll voting members for this year now have a new forum for poll voters so if you go the forum for AGS Poll you will now see a poll voters forum that is only for the poll voters to discuss items and also where I make announcements concerning the AGS Poll as well so go check it out if you have not seen it yet.

Bisonator
February 28th, 2021, 07:00 PM
Is Supe gonna be doing his "How they fared" thread for this spring?

ursus arctos horribilis
February 28th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Is Supe gonna be doing his "How they fared" thread for this spring?

I don't know I have not heard from him. I will send an email to see what his thought is on it.

dewey
February 28th, 2021, 07:21 PM
I don't know I have not heard from him. I will send an email to see what his thought is on it.

Lord help us if he doesn't. Talk about a tool that made all of us voters jobs immensely easier.

Dewey

POD Knows
March 1st, 2021, 08:29 AM
Lord help us if he doesn't. Talk about a tool that made all of us voters jobs immensely easier.

DeweyYea, no kidding, I am laboring through this right now, that reference piece was awesome.

Daytripper
March 1st, 2021, 09:11 AM
I am really looking forward to seeing how the poll votes turn out. I imagine it will be all over the place.

Cocky
March 1st, 2021, 01:58 PM
All of the other polls are diverse.

caribbeanhen
March 1st, 2021, 06:22 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing how the poll votes turn out. I imagine it will be all over the place.

remember that card game you played as a kid?

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 1st, 2021, 07:35 PM
Well, my streak continues at least for another week. The quality of submission can certainly be questioned because I honestly had no clue. xrotatehxxconfusedx

I managed to "justify" two Top 25 PL teams and a school from Grand Forks in the second spot.....

ursus arctos horribilis
March 2nd, 2021, 11:07 AM
OOPS, I put the poll shut off at Noon Wed. but meant to have it be today. My bad, as such it will remain open until tomorrow at noon and we will go with that.

Daytripper
March 2nd, 2021, 12:12 PM
OOPS, I put the poll shut off at Noon Wed. but meant to have it be today. My bad, as such it will remain open until tomorrow at noon and we will go with that.

How many have submitted so far?

ursus arctos horribilis
March 2nd, 2021, 12:26 PM
How many have submitted so far?

caribbeanhen
March 2nd, 2021, 04:06 PM
Calling Mr. chicken

FUBeAR
March 2nd, 2021, 04:27 PM
FUBeAR, reluctantly, is IN.

Why do these stupid banners matter to my old, sorry-self. I guess because they are AWESOME!

Daytripper
March 2nd, 2021, 04:41 PM

Come on, people! Get crackin'!

footballer23
March 2nd, 2021, 11:39 PM
I'm guessing like everyone else... I'm in, but that was the hardest I think I've ever worked to put together a poll.

Preferred Walk-On
March 3rd, 2021, 07:49 AM
I'm sorry, I guess I am in the minority here. I am going to go out on a limb here and say this was not really that difficult of a poll to put together.

The hardest part was the actual specific number rank to place each team or if/where to place a team that has not played a single snap yet, but the overall order was not too terribly difficult, thanks to some pretty obvious early season head-to-head results. Perhaps the difficulty was that the order of the top 8-10 teams was not entirely obvious like it has been recently, but there is always a wide range once you go 11+.

Although I have second guessed a few things about my entry in the time since I submitted it and some will almost certainly be taken to task once I post them, I do not feel dirty about it, it was not the most difficult poll I have put together, and it is not hot garbage (at least in my opinion)...just like I am sure no one else's is either (unless you submitted to the STATS poll). Just one person's opinion and putting this out there to see if anyone felt similarly. ;)

ElCid
March 3rd, 2021, 08:59 AM
I'm guessing like everyone else... I'm in, but that was the hardest I think I've ever worked to put together a poll.

It got ridiculous real fast. But I think it may start clearing up, like normal, in a couple weeks. I still think our collective wisdom will prevail in the end, virus or no virus.

KPSUL
March 3rd, 2021, 10:44 AM
Reviewing the list of AGS Poll Perfection I couldn't help but notice that we haven't heard from our amazing poultry prognosticator and poll perfectionist lately - why MR Chicken of course. I miss his sometimes sage, but always fowl, posts and replies.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 3rd, 2021, 12:54 PM
Reviewing the list of AGS Poll Perfection I couldn't help but notice that we haven't heard from our amazing poultry prognosticator and poll perfectionist lately - why MR Chicken of course. I miss his sometimes sage, but always fowl, posts and replies.

I have talked with him via email. Everything is fine with him. He said he needs a break and that the MR CHICKEN character my be in retirement at this point. Can you imaging the work it takes to do that every post?

It will be a major loss to the community but we may see him every once in a while...sometimes minds change on things. I hope he decides to post at least once in a great while.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 3rd, 2021, 12:56 PM
caribbeanhen had inquired around Christmas time as to his whereabouts and it prompted me to get in touch with him and since I had noticed his absence too it seems quite a few of us may be have recognized the noticeable absence.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 3rd, 2021, 12:57 PM
The poll is going to close in fairly short order, I'll leave it open until 12:30p ET.

KPSUL
March 3rd, 2021, 01:14 PM
I have talked with him via email. Everything is fine with him. He said he needs a break and that the MR CHICKEN character my be in retirement at this point. Can you imaging the work it takes to do that every post?

It will be a major loss to the community but we may see him every once in a while...sometimes minds change on things. I hope he decides to post at least once in a great while.

I hope he does post some as well! The hours that many of you put into making this an excellent message board is very much appreciated. I fully understand why Supe may not be able to post the weekly update that he has produced as long as I have been visiting this board - and probably much longer. I've tried to use it as a supplement when voting, not the only means of data assembly and analysis - but some weeks I've had to completely rely on it when work or other obligations were interfering with my FCS time.

McCowboys
March 5th, 2021, 10:32 AM

I am very glad to hear all is well with him. He is one of my favorites!

ursus arctos horribilis
March 6th, 2021, 06:45 PM
I had to make a couple more corrections as I had offered an extra mulligan to the group for participation in D2 to FCS poll question in 2019 too. There are several more names that did not need that mulligan that I had just missed as well as a few that did make good use of that extra chance.

Anyway, it is a long list of diligence.