PDA

View Full Version : UNI vs Youngstown

Ronin62
February 27th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Panthers started out better than they did last week, but still sputtered in the red zone.

Still can't figure out why Hoosman is a RB for UNI, has the speed and quickness of a 50 year old man.

Curious to see what the other QBs on UNI can do as I haven't seen Mcelvain connect past 10 yards.

Ronin62
February 27th, 2021, 12:20 PM
Wow, surprised that Youngstown coach tried to trip a UNI player out of bounds, just before the half.

ysubigred
February 27th, 2021, 12:24 PM
YSU coaches are ****ing idiots when it comes to Offense. Two weeks in a row not even putting an effort to open a play book. This rotating QB is non sense obvious one of them couldn't lead a peewee team 40 yards.

Thank goodness our kids have some pride on defense.

6-0 at half and the only surprise is it's not 77-0.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ronin62
February 27th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Way under thrown on that interception... playing like a freshman, too bad he's a sophomore.

Paladin1aa
February 27th, 2021, 12:57 PM
YSU misses a FG. Still 6-0

ysubigred
February 27th, 2021, 01:06 PM
YSU misses a FG. Still 6-0Crycraft got to go!

My 11 YO granddaughter has better accuracy than McFadden..

ysubigred
February 27th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Having a piss poor punter it might be better for Our QB to wind it up a throw it deep. Worst that could happen a 40 yard int instead of a 15 yard punt...

melloware13
February 27th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Having a piss poor punter it might be better for Our QB to wind it up a throw it deep. Worst that could happen a 40 yard int instead of a 15 yard punt...

Only risk would then be a defense recognizing and playing to ensure the ball hits the ground

Paladin1aa
February 27th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Final 21-0 UNI

Talent drop off obvious for YSU. Pelini, the local boy , put the screws to them recruiting wise. D is well coached, but the O is a horror story. Coaches are using players that should not be on the field. What’s up with that ?

ysubigred
February 27th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Final 21-0 UNI

Talent drop off obvious for YSU. Pelini, the local boy , put the screws to them recruiting wise. D is well coached, but the O is a horror story. Coaches are using players that should not be on the field. What’s up with that ?By the looks of the offense none of them should be on the field to include the coaches.

At least the defense is building.

Next man up. Ditch the QBs and try a walk on.

Paladin1aa
February 27th, 2021, 03:22 PM
YSU will be lucky to win a game this season. Saw this coming. We need to recruit more local talent.xeyebrowx

clenz
February 27th, 2021, 04:29 PM
Hey YSU

**** your DPoP.

Punk ass bitch.

Laker
February 27th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Wow, surprised that Youngstown coach tried to trip a UNI player out of bounds, just before the half.

He should be suspended. UNI should have run a power sweep into the sideline and had some o-linemen say hello.

What has happened to YSU? Just no offense.

JayJ79
February 27th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Hey YSU

**** your DPoP.

Punk ass bitch.
what does DPoP stand for?

ysubigred
February 27th, 2021, 06:10 PM
what does DPoP stand for?He's a fat ass cry baby?

Wondering if this is the same play the dirty UNI cock suckers like hitting QB'S Out of bounds?

ysubigred
February 27th, 2021, 06:16 PM
Only risk would then be a defense recognizing and playing to ensure the ball hits the groundThat's a risk we're willing to take LOL..

BeamMeUp
February 27th, 2021, 06:43 PM
Week 2 of the Doug Phillips campaign saw a relatively young defense hold another top 5 team in check, this time UNI. You certainly cannot be upset with the way the boys on defense are playing. Giving up 25 to NDSU and 21 to UNI in a completely new system is impressive...

Unfortunately that is about the only good thing I saw this week. The offensive side of the football is just awful to watch. Not sure what the staff thinks they are gaining out of switching the QB's every other series. Waid marched the team down the first to start the 2nd half and then we see Craycraft right back out there. Stick with one, preferably Waid, for at least an entire half, but my preference would be a whole game. Craycraft makes it quite obvious who he is going to pass to and just launches the passes at them. Waid, despite having a worse arm, at least gives you something with his feet. Clearly this is a very poor offense right now, but I do hope the offensive staff tries to find something from the tapes the past two weeks that they can hopefully utilize to put together more than one sustained drive next week against SIU.

The special teams were poor as well. The Aussie who played well last week had a very poor game.

Just my thoughts. I continue to wish Coach Phillips luck. I didn't expect more than a win or two this season, it is just frustrating to see a defense play pretty darn solid all things considered and the offense doesn't live up to its end of the bargain. SIU awaits... Let's see what adjustments happen for Week 3.

Go Y - S - U

Paladin1aa
February 27th, 2021, 07:15 PM
Unfortunately, I agree, Beam. The D is playing well but gets no support from the O. But, it’s to be expected from years of very poor recruiting. Wolf was the last good recruiter we had. His recruits beat Pitt and got Pelini to the NC and it was all down hill from there. Another Strollo special. We don’t have much on the roster at QB and let our only big power back transfer out. The OL is laughable. The kicking game embarrassing.

Given the way SIU manhandled NDSU, I look for another loss coming up and maybe by a big score.

JayJ79
February 27th, 2021, 07:32 PM
He's a fat ass cry baby?

Wondering if this is the same play the dirty UNI cock suckers like hitting QB'S Out of bounds?

generally if players hit a QB out of bounds, a penalty flag is thrown. There was no penalty on this instance, but there should have been.
sometimes collisions happen accidentally, or because there was no way to avoid them, but that definitely wasn't the case here.

https://twitter.com/UNIFootball/status/1365728709249007624

JayJ79
February 27th, 2021, 07:36 PM
and let our only big power back transfer out.
if student athletes want to transfer out, do schools really have any power to stop them?

ysubigred
February 27th, 2021, 08:19 PM
generally if players hit a QB out of bounds, a penalty flag is thrown. There was no penalty on this instance, but there should have been.
sometimes collisions happen accidentally, or because there was no way to avoid them, but that definitely wasn't the case here.

https://twitter.com/UNIFootball/status/1365728709249007624Refs so far this year is keeping their flags in the pockets in the MVFC. Didn't see the play in question but that does look screwed up. The administration needs to have some words with that individual.

clenz
February 27th, 2021, 08:35 PM
DPop

Director of Player Personnel

Tim Johnson

The bitch that delivered that cheap shot.

JayJ79
February 27th, 2021, 08:51 PM
DPop
Director of Player Personnel
thanks, I had never heard of that acronym (nor that job title, to be honest), and was curious.

Paladin1aa
February 28th, 2021, 07:54 AM
if student athletes want to transfer out, do schools really have any power to stop them?

No they don’t. This was a very badly handled situation that’s on the coaching staff. The kid transferred UP to FBS.

BeamMeUp
February 28th, 2021, 08:59 AM
Paladin, correct me if I'm wrong but he ended up at NIU where former YSU RB coach McKissic-Luke is now coaching? Guessing he gelled better with previous staff and wanted a new direction. Definitely could have used a power back and kept a connection with Farrell. Although very small, they have a nice history in PA HS football and seem to have a few decent D1 level caliber recruits every few years.

POD Knows
February 28th, 2021, 09:16 AM

https://twitter.com/UNIFootball/status/1365728709249007624Yea, maybe a suspension is in order here,

Paladin1aa
February 28th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Paladin, correct me if I'm wrong but he ended up at NIU where former YSU RB coach McKissic-Luke is now coaching? Guessing he gelled better with previous staff and wanted a new direction. Definitely could have used a power back and kept a connection with Farrell. Although very small, they have a nice history in PA HS football and seem to have a few decent D1 level caliber recruits every few years.

You are correct Beam. NIU wasn’t stupid. This kid can play. Big power back who was the second leading rusher last year that was returning and used ahead of Pearson . Other than being the son of former Ohio St great Pepe, Pearson is a dud. All he wanted was a signal that his playing time would increase and they couldn’t say it. What idiots . Besides that they may have killed a recruiting pipeline to state powerhouse Farrell who puts out numbers of athletes. And as if I haven’t warned for years and years, YSU recruiting sucks badly ever since they canned the Wolf. Name one, just one better RB on the team now. The kid wanted to stay. McKissic- Luke was no dummy.

caribbeanhen
February 28th, 2021, 11:42 AM
By the looks of the offense none of them should be on the field to include the coaches.

At least the defense is building.

Next man up. Ditch the QBs and try a walk on.

try the triple Penguin offense

ysubigred
February 28th, 2021, 12:22 PM
try the triple Penguin offenseAt the rate this offense is going a quadruple may go into effect. After two weeks they just need to take what appears to be the best, open the playbook and let the kids play to win.

dewey
February 28th, 2021, 08:53 PM

https://twitter.com/UNIFootball/status/1365728709249007624

I think the YSU coach should have been penalized (suspension going forward) but I can understand how the referees didn't see it in real time. A quick sly shoulder to the UNI WR with a YSU defender right there.

Dewey

Schism55
February 28th, 2021, 09:11 PM
Wow, that is a bitch ass move. YSU better discipline that PoS.

Bisonoline
February 28th, 2021, 10:00 PM
Wow they need to hammer that prick.

Hammerhead
March 1st, 2021, 08:25 AM
Considering that NDSU could only put up 14 against SIU with half of them in garbage time in the last few minutes, "holding" the Bison to just 25 may not be much of an accomplishment.

Week 2 of the Doug Phillips campaign saw a relatively young defense hold another top 5 team in check, this time UNI. You certainly cannot be upset with the way the boys on defense are playing. Giving up 25 to NDSU and 21 to UNI in a completely new system is impressive...

Unfortunately that is about the only good thing I saw this week. The offensive side of the football is just awful to watch. Not sure what the staff thinks they are gaining out of switching the QB's every other series. Waid marched the team down the first to start the 2nd half and then we see Craycraft right back out there. Stick with one, preferably Waid, for at least an entire half, but my preference would be a whole game. Craycraft makes it quite obvious who he is going to pass to and just launches the passes at them. Waid, despite having a worse arm, at least gives you something with his feet. Clearly this is a very poor offense right now, but I do hope the offensive staff tries to find something from the tapes the past two weeks that they can hopefully utilize to put together more than one sustained drive next week against SIU.

The special teams were poor as well. The Aussie who played well last week had a very poor game.

Just my thoughts. I continue to wish Coach Phillips luck. I didn't expect more than a win or two this season, it is just frustrating to see a defense play pretty darn solid all things considered and the offense doesn't live up to its end of the bargain. SIU awaits... Let's see what adjustments happen for Week 3.

Go Y - S - U

ST_Lawson
March 1st, 2021, 10:06 AM
"Tim Johnson Not Permitted on Sidelines For Remainder of Spring Football Season"

https://twitter.com/YoungstownStFB/status/1366418334942642178

clenz
March 1st, 2021, 10:06 AM
Yet he claims, and was fighting with us plebs on Twitter, that he did nothing wrong.

dewey
March 1st, 2021, 12:38 PM
"Tim Johnson Not Permitted on Sidelines For Remainder of Spring Football Season"

I just saw this as well. Talk about a slap on the wrist.

Dewey

ysubigred
March 2nd, 2021, 02:02 PM
Tim is a head scratcher as to why he's at YSU as an employee? Arguably one of the best linebackers in YSU history, he's not one of the most pleasant people persons though. His public statement below.

“I apologize to UNI, Youngstown State, the Missouri Valley Football Conference and our community for what occurred on Saturday,” Tim Johnson, YSU director of player personnel, said in a statement. “As a member of the YSU Football staff, my actions are held in high regard and that should have never occurred. Again, I deeply apologize to all who have been impacted by my actions.”

JayJ79
March 2nd, 2021, 03:10 PM
If a player was in the sidelines/bench area and did the same thing as that coach did, what would happen in that case?
probably a penalty (if the officials had seen it), but anything beyond that? Would that player face a suspension?

SDFS
March 2nd, 2021, 03:21 PM

That seems awful light for what he did - that was a Jackass move.

clenz
March 2nd, 2021, 04:06 PM
Tim is a head scratcher as to why he's at YSU as an employee? Arguably one of the best linebackers in YSU history, he's not one of the most pleasant people persons though. His public statement below.

“I apologize to UNI, Youngstown State, the Missouri Valley Football Conference and our community for what occurred on Saturday,” Tim Johnson, YSU director of player personnel, said in a statement. “As a member of the YSU Football staff, my actions are held in high regard and that should have never occurred. Again, I deeply apologize to all who have been impacted by my actions.”
**** couldn't even apologize to the player he cheap shotted.

He doesn't mean those words. He was forced to make a generic statement. His real statement was made after the game when she said he did nothing wrong and started fighting with fans before deleting that tweet and then his entire twitter account

Paladin1aa
March 2nd, 2021, 04:21 PM
Johnson spent 6 years in the NFL as a LB. I also don’t know why he is a new hire. No connection to the coach, so political hire is possible. But YSU has a total loser as AD so nothing here is surprising anymore. I stopped being shocked years ago.

ysubigred
March 2nd, 2021, 06:42 PM
**** couldn't even apologize to the player he cheap shotted.

He doesn't mean those words. He was forced to make a generic statement. His real statement was made after the game when she said he did nothing wrong and started fighting with fans before deleting that tweet and then his entire twitter accountYou pay more attention to all those details than I do. I just hate it's a distraction from a short spring football season. He's no different than anybody else caught doing something wrong. Never seen anyone apologize for wrong doing until caught.. Superfacial apology to save face.

KPSUL
March 3rd, 2021, 10:58 AM
Panthers started out better than they did last week, but still sputtered in the red zone.

Still can't figure out why Hoosman is a RB for UNI, has the speed and quickness of a 50 year old man.

Curious to see what the other QBs on UNI can do as I haven't seen Mcelvain connect past 10 yards.

I watched almost all of the SDSU @ UNI game, and parts of the Youngstown. What I saw was pretty much what I've observed over the last decade with UNI: A lot of talent on the field, stout defense and a somewhat pedestrian, unimaginative offense. Nothing like the high powered offensive teams that beat UNH in playoff shoot-outs in 05, 07 and 08. It's hard to believe that Mark Farley has been the head coach throughout this whole period.